We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 222 of 335 FirstFirst ... 122 172 212 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 232 272 322 ... LastLast
Results 5,526 to 5,550 of 8355
    Quote Originally Posted by stoffi View Post
    According to Garrett (2010), several studies do show that the Welsh language's status has been increased, much due to government attention. This has, supposedly, stopped the decline of the language. The book is on my desk at uni, so I don't remember the specifics atm.
    Increased since when? 1940s? 60s? 80s? If so, then yes that would be correct. I was talking about 2001-2011 and therefore Garrett would be dispproved by National Assembly data, additonally my students research this as part of my course annually so I can give you plenty of sources if you truly are interested. Pm me.

I disagree with your identity opinions though, as the Welsh have "always" been a people apart from England. This was because the Saxons, Jydes and Angles took over England and absorbed or drove off the Celts living there, whilst the Celts in Wales, Cornwall and Scotland remained the same during this period. Their culture was pushed to the edges of the island, and many Celtic people were absorbed by the invaders with time, as genetics show. There is plenty of literature to back this up, especially during the Viking period, which testifies that the Welsh were a different people and culture than England. They had their own kings, their own language, their own culture and their own ways.
    I responded to your original posting on this as I did my research degree on it and discuss/analyse and interpret it as part of my every day vocation. What you say is correct at large but it is a very simplistic view of things. Ofc the Welsh recognised themselves as being alien to the English but when the Vikings hit we were no more than tribes folk and this largely remained up until our Conquest by the English. We did not have an identiy of being "Welsh" as in "Wales", and Llywelyn ap Gruffydd, known as the Last Prince of Wales, was self-proclaimed and self-indulgent at best. His motivation were fuelled by ambition for the House of Aberffraw and the region of Gwynedd, not Wales as a country. There was no identity of being a one people, under one banner of one country, and claims to the contrary are no more than patriotic romanticism. Ironically, the Tudors did more for our identity as a Welsh people than Llywelyn or Owain Glyndwr, and that was inspite of their efforts not because of them.
    Last edited by Bogburz; Apr 12 2013 at 10:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman70 View Post
    Sorry your right Saw didn't mean to tar everyone with the same brush but after reading a lot of the OOC earlier that day as did you. you can see my point. I'm sure there were some that took part in the rant and the raid

Even still was good to get down to some good old fighting
    What I see maybe is a sign that people are realising how low Gilrains pvp has sunk. Maybe it took standing on the prow of a sinking vessel 3 feet above the waterline, but hey if Waolas is going to admit it botting is unhealthy, credit for that.

I'm still thinking it might be too late tho, we've lost a huge number of people and yesterday I heard of two more.

Quote Originally Posted by Alakin
    Its what I thought as well, hypocrisy at its best. Im sure if rave would go creep side and start a raid with defiler bot all creeps would join and at the end of the night spam thanks/cheers/epic lead/awesome.
    You are wrong as usual.

To be honest, I'd love to see the day when Rave tries to bot with the BA and a defiler, but that wont happen cos even him know that the fail would be just massive.

Quote Originally Posted by Reapor View Post
    Really, you have never seen a Freever train farming npc`s in HH for Lootboxes, you must play with all 8 eyes shut.
    Lol on Gilrain honestly no! But then again I never did or do go to HH much on that server. I usually log on BA/Defiler/WL at Grams and find I can't get further than lug flag these days and I'm lucky to get beyond Gramsfoot rock ^^

Sorry I may have been off the day they decided ban offences. But isnt botting a ban offence? Hence admitting to it would get you a ban? Surely an infraction at least? Heck, i got one just for suggesting a certain "Mad Bro" might like the colour pink.

Quote Originally Posted by Romper View Post
    But isnt botting a ban offence?
    Yes, but the botter need only reply to tells or show active control of the character in question to 'prove' that they're not botting. Regular multi-boxing is not an offence.

Just wanna pop in to say thanks to creeps and freeps again. This as gotta be one of the most epic nights since i started this game, really. Was alot alot of freeps and we managed to hold them of quite decently. i had problems filling out my craid to have any open fights.

But can't complain think i got around 16-17k infamy this night. So thanks again everyone who took part in this night

Sorry I may have been off the day they decided ban offences.

Where are all the cheaters hiding? Normally, we get a fair share of people from a certain kin bragging about their cheating. Not so fun now when you realise you're ruining the server, making even freeps stop PvP'ing because of your blatant cheating?
    I guess they not hiding , they just dont care and they having fun

U shoudynt care as well so u would have fun as well

P.s: stoff take names of creeps who joined Waolas raid and name and shame them world has to know creeps joined BD raid

Having looked at updated dashboard i think we can still say that there are still some life in pvp on this server for creeps

Peli posting vids like that is yet more evidence of your favorite colour scheme, the fact you seek that sort of thing out. Keep it coming as I'm having a right laugh at you.

Peli posting vids like that is yet more evidence of your favorite colour scheme, the fact you seek that sort of thing out. Keep it coming as I'm having a right laugh at you.
    Last edited by Pelious; Apr 13 2013 at 10:25 AM.

I want to thank to the guys that sticked yesterday night for some really fun small group action. I don't usually play the EM because I find it dull and a bit unbalanced, but that showed me that with some will from both parts things can be great.

I am a reaver called Waaha in case any of the implicateds reads this. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Eldelcar View Post
    I want to thank to the guys that sticked yesterday night for some really fun small group action. I don't usually play the EM because I find it dull and a bit unbalanced, but that showed me that with some will from both parts things can be great.
    You have the power to make the EM a less boring place for yourself and everyone else.
    Are we turning a corner 2 years on?
    Last edited by Oldwiley; Apr 14 2013 at 09:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldwiley View Post
    Are were turning a corner 2 years on?
    Things are never as bad as the doom mongers say, especially those doom mongers that dont even play the game.

Last night proved there is still life in PvP on Gilrain, all it took was players not worried about dying, and just getting stuck in, my small kin group thouroughly enjoyed the fights around TR, shame the spawn bugged was stuck in combat the whole time, kudos to both sides for making things a little better, lets keep it going.

One bad thing, the wargs stealthed in a bugged spawn killing Freeps as they retreated, as far as I`m concerned thats cheating, shame on you.

One bad thing, the wargs stealthed in a bugged spawn killing Freeps as they retreated, as far as I`m concerned thats cheating, shame on you.
    Freeps have bots, creeps have spawn exploiters.

But in all seriousness, I thought that bug was fixed?

Cheers for some good raid action all evening folks, got some really nice inf

Though I must say leading on a rank 4 Reaver is bloody difficult

PAY TO WIN!

Quote Originally Posted by Enska View Post

PAY TO WIN!
    Destiny points? *cough

Quote Originally Posted by Enska View Post

PAY TO WIN!

Quote Originally Posted by Squelcher View Post
    But in all seriousness, I thought that bug was fixed?
    Apparently not...
    Oh well last night was great fun. I might be around a bit more in EM now

Things are never as bad as the doom mongers say, especially those doom mongers that dont even play the game.
    While in general my opportunism is usually through the roof. Hear this coming from me as i have and still play the game almost indefinatley.

Last night proved there is still life in PvP on Gilrain, all it took was players not worried about dying, and just getting stuck in,
    Last night proved there was life yes, but SIMPLY because BD was not in EM as freeps to resist creeps, and the majority were on creep. IHMO BD do 80% of the major workload for freeps, keeping OP's in check 3:1 ratio, scout all keeps and find creeps before a ninja can be pulled off and put small suicidal but ballsy melee groups to destroy vulnerable targets at the back of a raid with their OP chars.

I don't hate BD for doing what they do, or freeps for reaping the fruit of BD's work, i blame turbine and adapt in anyway possible(leeching and never leaving grams). And not worrying about dying is not the solution to said problem.

If creeps had that kind of OP char support, believe me, myself and many other occasional raid leaders would be raid leading almost everyday with the craziest suicidal raids you crave so much.
    Last edited by Pelious; Apr 14 2013 at 11:10 AM.

I got a confession; For a while Ive been play2win :/

Ye I know. So, feel free to report me and I can only apologize.

Quote Originally Posted by TiberPancake View Post
    Destiny points? *cough
    Olog! learn your buffs! that one is the tier just above the one available with dp! 4 arrows is dp 5 is store! *sigh*

Quote Originally Posted by Pelious View Post
    While in general my opportunism is usually through the roof. Hear this coming from me as i have and still play the game almost indefinatley.

If creeps had that kind of support with a full raid to follow them, believe me, myself and many other occasional raid leaders would be raid leading almost everyday with the craziest suicidal raids you crave so much.

Page 222 of 335 FirstFirst ... 122 172 212 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 232 272 322 ... LastLast