We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Gladden

Gladden

How is the pvp on this server? i solo 80% of the time i like to small group and i join raids if they need a wl and the leader acually knows what their doing

Re: Gladden

We have many group and raid fights in Gladden and good leaders on both sides, some taking a summer break. We are around #4 and #6 on most populated moors server rank. Creeps in general have number advantage and little glory advantage, but not always. We complain a lot (Both sides), but I think Gladden is a good and balanced moors server.
    Last edited by Tchad; Jun 03 2012 at 06:21 PM.

Gladden is a great server to be on. In my completely biased opinion, freepside usually has the upper hand in terms of numbers, because the main freep leaders seem to almost always put together a large group/raid, regardless of if the creeps have numbers to match. Like I have found to be the trend on most servers, keep pve reigns supreme, from both freep and creep. In terms of creep small grouping, it is actually better than average, due to the fact that if one of the leaders isnt out, most freeps tend to "solo" in very close proximity to many other freeps. But both sides do have excellent leadership and can usually rally troops when needed. Give it a try once or twice and see what you think.

Tl;Dr version: Good server, good leaders, lots of keep pve, good creep small grouping.

Quote Originally Posted by ThankYou4NotMoshing View Post
    Gladden is a great server to be on. In my completely biased opinion, freepside usually has the upper hand in terms of numbers, because the main freep leaders seem to almost always put together a large group/raid, regardless of if the creeps have numbers to match. Like I have found to be the trend on most servers, keep pve reigns supreme, from both freep and creep. In terms of creep small grouping, it is actually better than average, due to the fact that if one of the leaders isnt out, most freeps tend to "solo" in very close proximity to many other freeps. But both sides do have excellent leadership and can usually rally troops when needed. Give it a try once or twice and see what you think.

Tl;Dr version: Good server, good leaders, lots of keep pve, good creep small grouping.
    Lets try no make this threat about our common drama, just a fact from stats: http://dailystats.theblackappendage....w=gladden&d=30, look at the second chart. Swap the 'd=30' variable (number of days) for any number of days.

Server comparison is also good: http://dailystats.theblackappendage....ison?w=us&d=30 (the d=30 variable work the same way, swap with any number of days).

It is a great server to play, balanced and with many opportunities to solo or group/raid fight.

Both sides PvE as in any server.

Vic, Incendio, & Creamsicle lead awesome small goups and raids, along with Spiderbyte when hes on.
    Freepside is a lot of PvE as there aren't a lot of "true PvP leaders", but there are a lot of people who enjoy small grouping and PvP has picked up somewhat now that Dark Ones is back, some people are transfering in/back, resubbing and such.

Usually creep leaders know what theyre doing so thats not a problem.

There are a lot of soloers here as well, sometimes there is 1v1s and those have been picking up lately too.

I'd like to point out that there are several freeps who have begun to gank 1v1s at GTA. I wont call them out by name, but if you plan to 1v1 you should ask other creeps if the freep is valid for 1v1ing.

It's pretty decent around here on Gladden. Action has been picking up as some people who left the game for a while (like me) or transferred servers have been coming back which is a pretty good sign.

Both sides have leaders and players of varying quality. There are people who enjoy solo and small group action on both sides, and folks who probably would never even think of engaging a f/creep without at least 10 friends at their back. We have leaders who try to tailor their group size to the battlefield conditions, and leaders who will spam glff for more numbers until their raid is full regardless of how many the other side actually has. There are casual players just in it for the commendations, and avid moors die-hards. Much like any other server, really.

There is a fairly sizeable contingent that regularly play both freep and creep. Some will play whichever side is EZmoding the map, but there is a significant number who will switch to or come out on whichever side is lacking numbers to try to balance out the fighting. Personally I usually solo or small group on my warden, or (usually when the aforementioned "spam glff for numbers no matter how many the other side has" crowd is out on freep side) I small group or raid on my warleader.

Regarding ganking people at 1v1s, that is something that happens on both sides and just like anywhere else you learn who to trust and who will call their buddies/tribe in if they appear to be losing or ninja a kb off someone who just finished fighting.

TL;DR summary:
    We've got a pretty active PvP community here and there is room for both solo/small group and raid play. Roll a baby creep and let us know you're visiting from another server and I'm sure folks will be happy to show you around.
    [color=red]Urgbuz, Warleader - Urgbash, Reaver[/color]
    [color=lightblue]Zubgru Goldenmullet, Warden - Jonathalien, Hunter - Andraiel, Captain[/color]