We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

High tiers irrelevance of woodworking

Hi,
    I've been thinking more on the role of crafting since the level 50s. This is not exclusive to woodworking, but seems to affect some professions more than others.

I think the main problem are the LI. Since the 50s you get legendary weapons. What does that make? It makes ALL the other weapons simply useless. All those bows, clubs of high tiers are useless as a LI is just good and not only that it is completely encouraged (obviously) to chose them. So why do these weapons exist at all, even in quest rewards? I can't see anyone chosing them.

Yes, you can craft LI, but that is so hard because of the materials. I didn't craft any yet, as when I have enough materials to craft one I just get a better one. The irrelevant nature of present LI vs the future ones (we ditch them, that's incredibly bad) makes the crafting of non-cap weapons useless.

So what do woodworking or weaponsmithing at high tiers? I can craft minstrel instruments (which oddly are not a LI) and some very niche consumables that I have no idea if other classes use them at all.

Then I look at scholars for example which have all that +critical chance, potions, scrolls, all of that is good. Cooking too, food isn't replaced by anything else. Metalsmithing and Tailoring creates armor, which I guess isn't as good as the ones provided by raids and such, but still for a non-raiding intensive player it may well be good enough. Jewelry seems the same as these last 2.

What do you think of this? I think a solution would be making LI stick (and scrolls and such would shape it like we want - even if it would be incredibly expensive) and let crafting classes of woodworking and weaponsmithing creating some of those LI-improvement consumables. Even if 300 wood would create only 10 consumable or so, they would have a use.

I think the state of crafting for these two professions need some buffing, as crafting is not encouraged at all.

Re: High tiers irrelevance of woodworking

I don't know that I disagree with you, but I would like to point some things out. Besides LI's, both Champs and Hunters use (or can use) off-hand weapons. Also, champs and guards can use bows as well. None of these weapons can be LI's. Also, champ horns and other items like that are nice items from crafting. So there are things that classes need that aren't made irrelevant by LI's. And you can craft the LI's, which means you can craft the weapons/items that people will need and be using.

While the great river bows are better, for the longest time, the best bow for a guardian tank was STILL a level 65 bow from mirkwood.

And for the record, I agree, there's nothing much for woodworking at higher levels.

A Single offhand a week, more if you craft the symbols every day and upgrade them.

Weaponsmiths at least have:
    throwing knives, marbles, caltraps, and whatever else for burglars.
    traps for hunters

Woodworkers have:
    parchments for runekeepers/wardens that no one ever uses because they last like, 10s and have very little application, and a bunch of weapons that make me seriously wonder if they just threw darts at a board to get what they came up with.

LI's aren't much better

Quote Originally Posted by Boridre View Post
    LI's aren't much better
    At least for my minstrel all the goodies of increasing the effects of several skills seem too good to replace even for a dps or stats hit. Reduced CoS cooldown, increased healing, longer anthems, etc, I can't see how a normal weapon can compete with that.
    Wait, swords, anyway, all those ballad damage bonus and that, still too good.

Thanks for the dual weapons stuff, I never thought of that.