We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Any elite Aurochs for pristine leather?

Hello all. I want to farm some pristine leathers but the guides and places suggested I think are outdated or supposed to be for the low level. For sturdy hides I farm the Elite Aurochs west of Esteldin and get 2-3 drops per mob. For Exceptional I do this again to Forochel..killing elite Aurochs and get 2-3 hides per kill..

Is there any area with elite mobs that drop 2-3 hides like sturdy and exceptional? everybody suggest to go east of Ost forod to the Bears or to the wolf Den in Trollshaws..

Re: Any elite Aurochs for pristine leather?

No. Turbine took them all out of the game. They used to live in Trollshaws, Misty Mountains and Angmar. The problem is that the elite Aurochs shared the spawn generator with normal mobs that we needed to kill for quests. Eventually the whole area would turn into Cows and Bulls. You would have to leave. You couldn't kill these elites at level with a solo character.

The customers complained loudly about all these solo quests that had to be done in a group. A group was required in order to kill the Cows so that Bears or whatever you needed would spawn.

The choices are to go Trollshaws to the wolf den. Or to the bear habitats in Trollshaws. There are no bears that drop those hides in Lonelands. I do not remember seeing any bears in Lonelands.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

In Ram duath those claw creatures have a nest and they drop pristine hides and are around level 40 so are easy to kill

Quote Originally Posted by Yula_the_Mighty View Post
    The choices are to go Trollshaws to the wolf den. Or to the bear habitats in Trollshaws. There are no bears that drop those hides in Lonelands. I do not remember seeing any bears in Lonelands.
    I think you missed the part of location Yula,

Ost Forod is NOT in the Lone Lands, that's Ost Guruth.
    OF is in Evendim, and is a great source of Bears for Pristine Hides

The stun mobs loot 1-3 hides per kill: elk, moose, rams. No real need to do elites.

Quote Originally Posted by Malindruel View Post
    I think you missed the part of location Yula,

Ost Forod is NOT in the Lone Lands, that's Ost Guruth.
    Yes I did. I was thinking Ost Guruth in Lonelands. I never hunted those bears for hides. I always did the bears and wolves in Trollshaws. There are lots more targets in Trollshaws. I do not recall there being many bears down in the den near Ost Forod.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

Thanks for answers..finally I found some Aurochs at Misty Mountains in Eastern Bruinen..but as you said above , after 4-5 circles I was finding less and less Aurochs..the area is also full with no-elite wargs(I don't really remember the type of beast) that also drop Pristine so it is a nice location after all and I was alone there.

Macroscian said: The stun mobs loot 1-3 hides per kill: elk, moose, rams. No real need to do elites.

interesting didn't know that...I ll have in mind next time I will go to farm hides thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Yula_the_Mighty View Post
    No. Turbine took them all out of the game. They used to live in Trollshaws, Misty Mountains and Angmar. The problem is that the elite Aurochs shared the spawn generator with normal mobs that we needed to kill for quests. Eventually the whole area would turn into Cows and Bulls. You would have to leave. You couldn't kill these elites at level with a solo character.

The customers complained loudly about all these solo quests that had to be done in a group. A group was required in order to kill the Cows so that Bears or whatever you needed would spawn.
    ah, thats a problem in any MMOs I played..people complain, complain, complain..and the game is getting worst and worst :P Well the truth is that I liked they made the books of epic story solo but I never complained for this anyway :P
    Last edited by Ampalaea; Jun 03 2012 at 03:49 PM.

Seems you found one of my favorite hunting spots for pristine hides. The area east of the north pass in the MM. Campsite to use for porting, goblins, wargs and auraochs all around. Also black ash to pick up.

I find the bear pit east of Ost Forod to be great for bear hunting/hide farming. You just keep going around and around the central hill. You can even go up the central hill for more bears. It's where I go now if I need a lot of pristine hides fast.
    Last edited by Khorgrim; Apr 30 2013 at 04:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Macroscian View Post
    The stun mobs loot 1-3 hides per kill: elk, moose, rams. No real need to do elites.
    This is good to know, but where to you find these mobs of a proper level for pristine hides?

as Yula stated there are none for pristine anymore, bears/wolves in trollshaws and bears just east of Ost Forod have the quickest/densest population to farm.

Exceptional farm the goats in Eregion, upto and including level 50 drop then
    Magnificent Hides, same mob but only level 51+

Both have the chance to drop 2 hides per kill

edit: correction forgot about the turtles in Angmar 43 and lower drop pristine and 44+ drop Exceptional, but time and effort to kill them would say bears/wolves are a lot quicker to farm them unless you have 2 accounts and can dual log 2 85's. Warden farming them is an option but the knock back and stun is a pita
    Last edited by 0Pinger; May 02 2013 at 05:58 AM.