We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thinking of Transfering

I am currently looking for a new server to call my own. I kind of wanted to research each server on various areas before making the final choice.

So heres my questions:
    1. Are there any active kinships who raid Evenings in EST who want a Guardian?(I have completed/lead all t1 and started poking in t2 stuff)

2. Hows the PvMP over here?

Any imput would be great, minimal trolling if possible!

Thanks!

Re: Thinking of Transfering

Raiding kins, maybe 3-4 kind of active kins

PvMP, word's cant describe.

C'mon over, it would definitely be a decision you wont regret

There is something to this server that appeals to me up to this day, hence why I'm still here after 4.5 years!
    Volodic- Rank 14 Minstrel- The first and the last Warlord of Nimrodel
    Volobash- Rank 11 Blackarrow- Arkenstone, Nikitah's Bane
    Volosavenger- Rank 9 Stalker- Landroval, The white warg

RUN!!!! as far away from this server as you can!!!! and trust me, this isn't a troll post. From what I understand the PvP on RM is lightyears better than on Nim.
    Last edited by Gladgilrian; Jun 01 2012 at 09:33 AM.
    [center][color=red]Now roaming the earth searching for a fun, interesting game.......again.[/color][/center]

[center][URL=http://s545.photobucket.com/user/fenderp61/media/ESO/Narcosys500_zpsaa2b6fce.jpg.html][IMG]http://i545.photobucket.com/albums/hh367/fenderp61/ESO/Narcosys500_zpsaa2b6fce.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/center]

PvP From when I played regularly:

Like most other servers I assume, mostly EC/Stab salsa dances all day. One side may make a raid in the evenings sometimes, but the other side usually folds like a cheap lawn chair and goes and does something else. This is for a variety of reasons, but it can be traced back to a terrible raid leader not doing a good job at leading raids and brainwashing freeps into a we-can't-win mentality.

There are a handful of skilled players on either side, but they are few and far between. When it comes to raids, the only ones you can take seriously as a threat are Black Blade raids. Unless you're a good RLeader that can motivate some of these terrible freeps to use their class to their full potential, there's really no point in xfering.

Quote Originally Posted by BabyOceana View Post
    1. Are there any active kinships who raid Evenings in EST who want a Guardian?(I have completed/lead all t1 and started poking in t2 stuff)
    I'm sure this would not be a problem. esp for a guard!

Quote Originally Posted by BabyOceana View Post
    2. Hows the PvMP over here?

Just leave dude, this server sucks.

From what I hear, Ridder sucks now too. I had a cappy on Ridder, quit because the only pvp most times were just 1v1s
    on CM. Talking to old friends over there all they did was whine when there was a group of 2 or more freeps or creeps.

On the other hand Nimrodel is awful. I'm probably transferring off this sinking ship soon myself.

Quote Originally Posted by hemenway90 View Post
    One side may make a raid in the evenings sometimes, but the other side usually folds like a cheap lawn chair and goes and does something else. This is for a variety of reasons, but it can be traced back to a terrible raid leader not doing a good job at leading raids and brainwashing freeps into a we-can't-win mentality.
    Spoken like a true BBer. Some others might suggest that raid leader only used the exact same tactics the BB always used (turtling with numbers, boring the other side until they push, etc.) against them and the BB couldn;t stand it. Also the implication above is that only freepside folds in the face of numbers, which is beyond the pale. There's a reason you hear me say "I guess this wasn't the BB's type of fight" on a daily basis in OOC when their numbers drop off a cliff for whatever reason.

And to the OP: stay the F away from this server, trust me.

Quote Originally Posted by Nordic77 View Post
    From what I hear, Ridder sucks now too. I had a cappy on Ridder, quit because the only pvp most times were just 1v1s
    on CM. Talking to old friends over there all they did was whine when there was a group of 2 or more freeps or creeps.

On the other hand Nimrodel is awful. I'm probably transferring off this sinking ship soon myself.
    lawl and lawl again
    Volodic- Rank 14 Minstrel- The first and the last Warlord of Nimrodel
    Volobash- Rank 11 Blackarrow- Arkenstone, Nikitah's Bane
    Volosavenger- Rank 9 Stalker- Landroval, The white warg

Quote Originally Posted by 22Acacia View Post
    Spoken like a true BBer. Some others might suggest that raid leader only used the exact same tactics the BB always used (turtling with numbers, boring the other side until they push, etc.) against them and the BB couldn;t stand it. Also the implication above is that only freepside folds in the face of numbers, which is beyond the pale. There's a reason you hear me say "I guess this wasn't the BB's type of fight" on a daily basis in OOC when their numbers drop off a cliff for whatever reason.

You could always lead a raid against us.....oh wait....nvm.
    [center][color=red]Now roaming the earth searching for a fun, interesting game.......again.[/color][/center]

[center][URL=http://s545.photobucket.com/user/fenderp61/media/ESO/Narcosys500_zpsaa2b6fce.jpg.html][IMG]http://i545.photobucket.com/albums/hh367/fenderp61/ESO/Narcosys500_zpsaa2b6fce.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/center]

The best advice I can give to the OP is roll a creep here and see how you like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gladgilrian View Post
    You could always lead a raid against us.....oh wait....nvm.
    Excellent point: you guys would log or go pve as usual until someone called out two lone freeps in ec. ARGGGH!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vhamster View Post
    lawl and lawl again
    Whatever Volo. To each their own. I spent time there and it wasn't fun for me. 50 creeps and freeps on CM 1v1ing for hours just bored me.
    I talked to friends who used to be in CoM kin and they had nothing good to say about the server.

On Nim there are people who don't like me and who I don't like, but the animosity on Ridder was worse than anything I've seen here.

The only time I ever witnessed either side not folding and having good fights till the cows came home (and Gil had to milk them) was right after RoI launched. I was all fotm Glory Champing it up and I led a fraid against a largely BB craid. That was the only time I ever saw freeps that played up to their full potential. Not to toot my own horn or anything.

The only time I ever witnessed either side not folding and having good fights till the cows came home (and Gil had to milk them) was right after RoI launched. I was all fotm Glory Champing it up and I led a fraid against a largely BB craid. That was the only time I ever saw freeps that played up to their full potential. Not to toot my own horn or anything.
    Not sure if srs. My outnumbered freep (mostly kin) raid the night before ROI launch absolutely stomped the BB (and others) into oblivion at cows/gta. We had 10 deaths total and made over 80 kills in that one battle, every creep was rezzed and mapped/ran back multiple times it wasn't even a competition.

The only time I ever witnessed
    Just going from what I saw in my time here.

Excellent point: you guys would log or go pve as usual until someone called out two lone freeps in ec. ARGGGH!!!!
    Can you fit a whole raid on Freedom Rock?

Was that the healers (expletive deleted) heal and tanks (expletive deleted) tank raid? XD

Quote Originally Posted by Ramiel_87 View Post
    Not sure if srs. My outnumbered freep (mostly kin) raid the night before ROI launch absolutely stomped the BB (and others) into oblivion at cows/gta. We had 10 deaths total and made over 80 kills in that one battle, every creep was rezzed and mapped/ran back multiple times it wasn't even a competition.
    that was a LOL moment in time. i remember the quote 'get in there faces their walmart comps cant take the lag........ '

also seeing how some of those backseat wannabe PVPers died so fast and they never got to corpse jump anyone ...so sad so fail

To the OP i transferred a toon here from BW ..... lets just say this server isnt worth the 25$ .....nuff said

ToR has gotten so bad that former players have to troll here, now thats LOL moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Gladgilrian View Post
    ToR has gotten so bad that former players have to troll here, now thats LOL moment.
    still love playing TOR. reviewing LOTRO forums for fun. and by the by speaking the truth is never trolling.

I have read some of the funniest statements ever in this thread....

This, from the freeps that wait hiding in npcs with numbers for the BB to get so tired of storming the keep or pulling all of EC or training through HH only to have them then sit at GV or go off to flip outposts until the majority of the BB leave out of boredom. ONLY THEN do the freeps come out in masse to roll the remainder of the creeps. This after several freeps have proclaimed, "We need more creeps to come out and Raid vs. Raid" If this is really the case, why do you sit at GV or in your keeps with numbers until the BB raid gets so tired and bored they log?

Really on this server Freeps need to care less about their rating and being afraid to die (this told to me by a freep) Unless the only way you will come to the moors is with overwhelming numbers and a guaranteed win.

Not too sure what stomping you are referring too, just because one or two people are in the BB doesn't mean it was a BB raid especially since none of us can recall being at this 80 death creepside massacre you are speaking of.

LOL

LOL!!!!!! if anyone hid in NPCs, with number as well, it was the BB and thats not even up for debate. in all frankness the only reason one could forget the only pre ROI RvR is due to the described outcome.

We can't hide in keeps any longer since Freeps are exploiting Revealing Mark to have our own NPC's to attack us >.<

So where was I during this epic GTA fight?

Glad you still having fun there, but if you went to the Oceanic servers you aren't playing on a ghost town of a server. ToR is bleeding numbers, no one can deny that now. I just cancelled my ToR sub, just can't do it any longer, the grind is worse than LOTRO now, and I got news for you, everyone turtles. You get wiped, you regroup, assess the situation, at times turtling is warrented if you are outnumbered. FYI, defending a keep is not turtling. I know thats a foriegn concept for some Freeps. We don't map and log as soon as a few Freeps enter a keep. Unless you are in our raid you haven't a clue how many we got, amirite?
    Last edited by Gladgilrian; Jun 03 2012 at 06:11 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast