We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: New Update

New Update

So , we now find out that we will never be able to upgrade our class item .

It would have been nice to have see some official explanation for the reasoning behind this . Another "nerf "

Why should Burglars and Champions be prejudiced in this way whilst other classes are not so restricted ?

Re: New Update

Hey, cheer up! You HAVE a class item.

Hunters and wardens are stuck with two weapons they can't put class item titles on!

The progression on burg (and I think champ) class item legendaries is messed up.

The healing progression on a lvl 65 burg bag is almost as good (or maybe better) that a lvl 75 burg bag and the amount of increased healing you get for dumping points into the incoming healing stats has been out of whack for a long time.

Since the crystal change the progression on the primary stat (healing for burg bags) I suspect they wouldnt work well with the currently messed up progression on our bags.

Hopefully they will fix the progression and let us us crystals on our bags someday. In the meanwhile you aren't missing much. I suspect putting a crystal on your burg bag might even lower the healing stat the way the progression is right now.
    Merridan - Burglar lvl 105 (Rank 12)
    Gormadan - Minstrel lvl 105 (Rank 4) : Traldan - Captain lvl 105 : Celebdan - Weaver (Rank 11)

Quote Originally Posted by Tirn View Post
    So , we now find out that we will never be able to upgrade our class item .
    That's not true, they fixed the bug erroneously letting a valuable item be wasted on a low level item that it doesn't impact.

It would have been nice to have see some official explanation for the reasoning behind this .
    Then read it? They said crystals only affect rating based legacies, not percentage, which most desired burg legacies are the latter.

Why should Burglars and Champions be prejudiced in this way whilst other classes are not so restricted ?
    Why should burg/champs not have to upgrade their bags to 75 like other classes, save not needing Greater Scrolls of Empowerment, and be way ahead of other classes upon reaching 75?

I like not needing to grind another three crystals (or blow the nearly 300 gold).

"Sometimes survival comes down to not being hit. Actually, most times." -the chicken skill, Bob and Weave
    Link to our community LOTRO store google spreadsheet pricelist and conversion rates, please contribute too!: https://goo.gl/wxPqCm

Quote Originally Posted by RJFerret View Post
    I like not needing to grind another three crystals (or blow the nearly 300 gold).
    That are 3 additional agility points! Thats totally worth the 300g imo, i'd do it immediatly
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/1f21b0000001aa487/01005/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Blarelius, Blanadir, Dorilion, Lirania.
    Kinship: Streiter der Freiheit - Raid: Legion der Freunde

Both my burg and champ toons have first-age offhand 65's and I figured that upgrading them with crystals at end-game would make them competitive. Maybe not anymore.

Part of me rather cynically wonders if the fact that burg and champ can't be upgraded reflects that they're the only classes (imho) that can do without having to have lvl 75 'offhand' LI's at end-game. Thus, perhaps Turbine is forcing burgs/champs to buy TP or grind to get their craft ingred. for their end-game LI like everybody else.

My 2 cents.
    [url="http://oldtimersguild.com"] Old Timers Guild - All of the fun - None of the drama [/url]

Though I do not play a champ, I assuredly play a burg and thus the answer to this should be obvious... The base stat for burglar bags (i.e., their class item) does not increase with level, only with Age. A SA Age L60, L65, and L75 burg bag have the same incoming healing rating steps at each rank - and as far as I can tell (with the abilities I have and use), all the legacies have the same values a teach rank on those items as well. As an added benefit, many of our class item legacies have pretty low costs of legendary points, and it is really easy to point out 6 (or even 7) tier 6 legacies. That is why I still have, and often use, a SA L65 bag with 7 legacies that are all tier 6, rank 9 with base ICHR at rank 5 (+1,386) with 11 points left over. Likewise my SA L75 bag has 6 legacies, all but the stat legacy at T6, rank 9 with the base ICHR at r6 (+1,603) with 5 points left over. While I could be wrong, I believe Champ class items are similar. Since Star-Lit Crystals are not required for your bag to be top-notch, what is the issue - you only need to get some for your weapon, which means to have half the work to do or money to spend to get them. Hello ... sounds like a way better deal to me Marisibelle Adalome Woman Burglar of Bree
    Last edited by CharlesRollinsWare; Jun 01 2012 at 12:21 PM. Reason: Wow - what deal 23 error 400 "Bad Requests" in a row trying to edit this post to display a line break or two
    Luinmiriel [L100 Hunter], Marisibelle [L100 Burglar], Rosilyn [L100 Captain], Carafindriel [L100 Minstrel], Melissabelle [L85 Burglar], Vornmiriel [L81 Hunter], Lorindriel [L40 Warden], Katellin [L50 Beorning]
    "One is truly rich who has friends."
    A proud member of the first LOTRO Players' Council.