We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Issue's with driagoch, bugging whilst pugging is no fun

hail middle earth!

1. ive noticed that if you take too long to kill the dreaded dragon, you get basicly stuck (on phase 3 usually with less than 1/2 million to go) when its the most in-opportune time, there should be either a stated time limit, or a fix for it, sometimes even pro's get hung up a few flops due to lag-outs, link losts and havin to rez your raid.

2. bleeds on the body: bleeds speed up progress on a monstrosity with millions of morale points, why do bleeds sometimes bug him? we pay alot to play (some of us have been payin for years) and when the dreaded lizard bug's we go insane, once again its usually after the painfull set-up and explaination phase (notice a pattern here?)

3.F.M.'s : i have also seen times where you hit a color (ryyyyr for example) and you can clikcky a color you need and it fails to go off, owchie..this can really hurt especailly in a painfully slow run, or a short raid (i have been in groups 1-3 peeps short sometimes..some may die and be forced to retreat, others go ld in the middle of the flop, ect.)..ouchie,ouchie,ouchie

4. loot : scales are nice, but 3-5 for 12 people in my personal opinion makes for alot of frustration, it took 8 months of pugging, 7 toons doin teir 2, and a very, very lucky roll to get my first set of scales, i musta run atleast 50+ times, lets give our low rollers a better shot at the expensive and sought after scales, it is a dragon after all, if he only had 5 scales he would be more of a salamander......

ty middle earth for listening to apple griping..enjoy your adventures

Re: Issue's with driagoch, bugging whilst pugging is no fun

The bugs on phase 3 seem to occur when you put bleeds/DoTs in a claw with very low morale remaining and then get a fly up, after which the claw is 'defeated' in mid-air causing him to bug out. Maybe just try to avoid burning more than 2 (or even 1) claw per fly-up to reduce the chance that you won't finish one while he's still on the ground.

Not a solution, but just a suggestion until they do decide to actually fix it (if at all). I wouldn't bank on them even totally fixing it, though. By the time they get to it, it'll probably be time to release new endgame content and people will be skipping Draig altogether, just like they do Moria/Lothlorien stuff now.

Sorry you're having a bad customer experience Apple.

I estimate that of the 6 to 10 raids in which he's bugged we've lost several hundred person hours due to this bug (# of raids bugged *an estimated 2 hours of raiding time/person*12 people). Clearly people continue to not be alone and this issue still presenting is really disappointing.

I thought Turbine finally fixed this issue in the 1st and 2nd passes on this raid. I know we were encountering and reporting this problem months ago.

In the end I've found that treating the dragon with kid gloves generally prevents Draigoch from not breaking.

Do the following:
    1. land all 12 FMs in phases 1 and 2 do not enter phase 3 with outstanding FMs
    2. in phase 3 for each iteration of beating 4 paws then the body followed by him flying
    a. burn 3 of 4 paws w/o consideration of the skills used
    b. take the 4th paw to 1/2 health go to the tail and let the dragon fly
    c. destroy the 4th paw and beat on the body until he stands up
    d. rinse and repeat until Draigoch is defeated

2 hours to complete Draigoch? Not to boast.. but ive seen this done multiple times with 7 people in about 45 minutes....

Not sure what your doing to have it take so long.. I can understand how it might bug after that long.. darn dragon is tired.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0820600000012984b/01005/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

I've heard doing it too slow bugs it out and also heard that doing it too fast will bug it. I've heard that RK stones, pets, captain banners, bleeds, DOTs of any kind, burning more than two claws at a time in Phase 3, having FMs left in Phase 3, etc, all bug it out, however I've ran it with none of that going on and still had him bug. Yet, I've ran it doing everything 'wrong' as explained by others that say it will bug and have the fight all work correctly. There doesn't seem to be any real rhyme or reason to why it bugs.

Honestly, I've run this probably 50+ times with the instructions that Chuck provided and I've only ever seen it bug out once. It was a day when the server lag (that doesn't exist) was especially bad, and we hit a lag spike that was a good 15 seconds long, and he just didn't come out of it. This leads me to believe that what we are doing works.

Apple, I have to agree with you on the loot issue - for me 50+ runs and I have yet to get scales on any of my characters of my own accord, the only reason I have the cloak on the mini is because I caved and let a friend give me one. I am still trying to get some to repay that debt, but it is slooooow going.

Aig - the 2 hours he referred to is more of a start-to-finish estimate. Keep in mind that we run it in a PUG format, which means we need to find bodies, we *always* have a few people who have never run it before, so we need to get them through the gauntlet, and a lot of time is spent on explaining the fight and the mechanics. Depending on the number of burgs and the skill level of the group, the actual fight generally takes 30-45 mins.

Quote Originally Posted by AngelinaM View Post
    Honestly, I've run this probably 50+ times with the instructions that Chuck provided and I've only ever seen it bug out once. It was a day when the server lag (that doesn't exist) was especially bad, and we hit a lag spike that was a good 15 seconds long, and he just didn't come out of it. This leads me to believe that what we are doing works.
    Ran it around 20 or more times in a row with absolutely no consideration to factors that might bug it and he never bugged out. First run that we tried to make sure it wouldn't bug (did no RK rocks/cappy banners/bleeds) and he bugged out for some reason, and now bugged the last three times in a row while taking steps to make sure it DIDN'T bug. So, again, not really any rhyme or reason to it. If you get lucky, you get lucky, and if you don't then you don't.

I wish I could get as lucky with my rolls as I have been with the lack of bugging then

Yeah I guess ive just been very lucky with not having it bug.. Ive run it multiple times each week since I transferred here in March and have only had it bug 1 time which was about 2 weeks ago.

BTW... Hi Caylia
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0820600000012984b/01005/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

./wave Aig