We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Question A few questions from a new burglar in the Moors

Hello all.

I've started PvMPing recently, and it's the first time I do this sort of thing in an online game. I'm learning to solo, group, get tracked&ganked, and hunt for soloing creeps behind enemy lines.
    I run with 5 QK + Leafwalker and Footpad traited (I will probably replace Footpad with something else once I get two Hidden armor pieces), PvE raiding gear except for one +audacity piece, no clicky LIs yet.

1. Are there any specific armor/jewelry pieces I should get ASAP? I'm grinding for 3 Hidden/3 Pandemonium but it will probably take a long time.

2. Are there any tips on manoeurving faster? High-ranked and experienced creeps give me a headache because I can't get the hang of quick turning/positioning and running through my skill rotation at the same time. I can do it separately but not at once. Hello, rez circle.

3. Anything I should know about specific classes? I stack bleeds on wargs, interrupt defilers every 5 seconds, disable heavy-hitting melee classes, use counter-defence on spiders. And that's pretty much all I know about them. Blood arrows burn me down quickly, and I'm yet to solo a Warleader because when I see a big scary creep with 15k morale, I say "Mommy!", turn back and run away.

4. Is it possible to check my Stealth level or swap into +stealth gear before stealthing, equip normal gear and retain the bonus?

5. Is there anything else I should know or any mistakes I'm most likely making as a newb burg?

Any help is much appreciated. Thank you.
    [url=http://www.youtube.com/user/BardsBeersLongbeards][b]A Degenerate of BBB![/b][/url]
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a0000002a2356/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Re: A few questions from a new burglar in the Moors

Welcome to burg my friend we are suffering slightly ATM but it is still fun nonetheless.

Firstly if manoeuvring and attacking are an issue for you then maybe start considering your key binds, do you click skills? It's very difficult to play this class as a clicker. I won't dwell on this point for to long but when I first started playing I too clicked skills, after practise and time I have all my relevant skills key bound which allows a much smoother faster experience when dealing with creeps.

EM is about experience, pick your fights carefully my friend. Sometimes a little caution can pay dividends, watch for advantages and take them quickly, a lone player who wandered away from a raid etc.

Audacity is big player in EM currently, with rank one the bleeds will eat you up but in time as this increases they will have less impact and allow you the freedom to get stuck in.

As for soloing WL's, it's tough lol an experienced WL will play with you like a cat with a mouse whilst healing through the best you have. Shouldn't stop you trying though only way to learn is to get in there and try.

For traits I tend not to run capstones in the moors, 4reds, 1yellow (aoe dust) and the two blues you mentioned. Legendary's are Flashing blades, ET (for when FB on cd) and Sweep the leg (always nice to set up that burst dps from stealth). This works well for me, you may however play very differently.

Good luck

Be prepared to die a lot at first. It takes practice to learn the limits of what you can and cant get away with.

Hang in there. After you get the hang of it a burg is A LOT of fun in the moors.

I posted a fair amount of info about how I gear/trait and strategies in the post below.

http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.p...t=#post6150953
    Merridan - Burglar lvl 105 (Rank 12)
    Gormadan - Minstrel lvl 105 (Rank 4) : Traldan - Captain lvl 105 : Celebdan - Weaver (Rank 11)

Do yourself a favor and play warg.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0320200000030b05c/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by dantheman865301 View Post
    Do yourself a favor and play warg.
    Not sure if serious...

Use your cds to get kills and not to run away. Dont avoid high ranks. Dont use lame cds in 1vs1 (e.g: touch and go against a reaver). Dont kill the same r0 freaver over and over again, it will ruin his experience. Dont use store pots/brands...

Quote Originally Posted by Feomalo View Post
    Not sure if serious...

Use your cds to get kills and not to run away. Dont avoid high ranks. Dont use lame cds in 1vs1 (e.g: touch and go against a reaver). Dont kill the same r0 freaver over and over again, it will ruin his experience. Dont use store pots/brands...
    Not sure if serious...
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0320200000030b05c/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Sarasti View Post
    5. Is there anything else I should know or any mistakes I'm most likely making as a newb burg?
    Don't rely on T&G, plenty of creep hits don't check B/P/E.
    You'll be tracked a lot, best is hit and run.

Quote Originally Posted by Feomalo View Post
    Stand still (but not too much, you'll be camping), just die!
    InsertPhotobucketLinkHere
    Coming Soon

Wine Wine Wine. Dry Dry Dry. What will it be today ?...
    Beer!

~Me

Don't push it. Don't push it or I'll give you a war you won't believe.

~John J. Rambo

Thanks for the info and thanks for the trolling.

And yes, I got used to clicking skills. It works fine in PvE but I'll try rearranging skills and practise using my keyboard instead.
    [url=http://www.youtube.com/user/BardsBeersLongbeards][b]A Degenerate of BBB![/b][/url]
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a0000002a2356/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

im sure the people who safe guard us in these forums will take offence to this picture.

you see the way the dolfin is looking at that cat? Sure looks threating,,,,.

we should step in and do somthing.
    Last edited by ifreborn1; Jun 02 2012 at 10:42 AM.