We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Icy Crevasse t3

Icy Crevasse t3

Anyone tried to do this skirm on t3? With gambler the end is kinda ok - they can kill me in 3 hits but I can daze and wait for cd to stun and kill them safely. Even with QK the end is ok, though a bit more dangerous - you can get a dev. crit for more than 4K.
    Whats the worst on this skirm is the trash - I've wiped several times during the counterattacks - theres a lot of ranged dps and the worst are those frost grims - with the +40% dmg buff they literally kill you in a few seconds.

There should really be better reward for that skirmish

Re: Icy Crevasse t3

I did it when it first came out. I remember lots of dying on the trash, as well as having to mez/regen a lot on the boss.

You're right, tier 3's are almost never worth it. They take twice as long as rolling through tier 1, and they give what? +20% marks (haven't looked in a while so the exact number might be off, but it certainly decreases marks/time spent).
    [color=cyan]Ryswald[/color] - 75 Burglar - Revelations - Rank 9 (pre-book 12 rank 6)
    [color=orange]Ragluk[/color] - 75 Stalker - Rank 6
    [color=grey]65 Hunter R5, 61 Loremaster, 48 Champion, 33 WRD, 33 RK, Rank 4 Weaver, Rank 6 Reaver[/color]
    [i]Firefoot Server[/i]

I'm going to try this tonight .. I too tend to avoid t3's and stick with T2's on all Skirm's rolling in Mischief.
    I'll report back .. but I HATE this skirmish

Related note: I would love it if they came up with Skirmish Class sets .. with a set bonus .. bought through marks or medallions for soloers (Draigoch set shouldn't count).

Edit 2 - I can't be bothered to get beyond the counterattacks. IMO not worth it to run T1, T2 and most definitely not T3 based on the rewards. I'd rather take my chances solo on the Limlight Trolls.
    Last edited by Bootstwaddle; May 31 2012 at 12:24 AM.

Now, when starlight drops, I mostly doing T3. At least this one is possible to do (long and hard, but possible) I am unable to do T3 new skirm. Anybody succesfull in that?

PS. Anybody know whats the diffrence in drop rate between solo T2 and T3 of star-light crystals?
    Gifford brg // Clodvig mns // Clodas wrd
    Clodburz dfl
    WeRock
    Yes, english is not my native language.

Quote Originally Posted by Bootstwaddle View Post
    Edit 2 - I can't be bothered to get beyond the counterattacks. IMO not worth it to run T1, T2 and most definitely not T3 based on the rewards. I'd rather take my chances solo on the Limlight Trolls.
    I was running this skirm earlier when I was in need of skirmish marks - on T1,T2 the easy way to pass the coutnerattacks is AoE stun+Daze and super-quick dps to kill them while theyre mezzed. Plus you can skip up to 2 counterattacks by HiPS(With Ready and Able). But t3 is different, My dps is not quick enough and i cant kill them before the mezzes run out. And if you get those grims its almost definitely wipe..

And Limlight Trolls are nicely soloable by a burg ) I even managed to solo the nemesis one. Its easy if you can daze and wait for CD's

Quote Originally Posted by GrinsgarCZ View Post
    But t3 is different, My dps is not quick enough and i cant kill them before the mezzes run out. And if you get those grims its almost definitely wipe..
    I ran into two grims on my first counterattack .. called it quits shortly after that.

I'm not particularly well geared (some Draigoch, some great river), so I'm wary of the Trolls, but I'm usually ok with the trees (75-ish percent win chance .. 25 percent human error / bad crit death)

Is it just me, or are all the mobs tied together on the counterattacks in Icy? On T3's I'll usually back away out of aggro range until they arrive, and then plan my pulls .. but on this one .. yeesh.

Quote Originally Posted by Bootstwaddle View Post
    Is it just me, or are all the mobs tied together on the counterattacks in Icy? On T3's I'll usually back away out of aggro range until they arrive, and then plan my pulls .. but on this one .. yeesh.
    It seems to me too - You pull one mob and most of others comes after you too. Also it seems like they're scripted to attack you right after the counterattack, no matter how well hidden in stealth you are. Not much burglar-friendly, but still I like skipping the counter-attacks by HiPS.