We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Can reach artisan cook

well i have this problem and i know I'm no the only person that have it, i used to bea a westfold cook but the i switch the vocation and then I switch again to cook and when a I reach expert, I didn't get the quest to be an artisan cook, I have read on other post that it is beacause the quest are not reseting or something like that, is here anyway to solve this?

I'm having the exact same problem - did you ever get it resolved? I've submitted both a bug report and a help ticket, but haven't heard anything back yet

Well I just got a reply from a GM and it was total bad news:

"+Magnolia+ tells you, 'In-Game support cannot reset the cooking quest for you, I would suggest submitting a bug report so the developers can investigate this issue if you are unable to advance past expert.' "

So I guess my cook is S.O.L. for the time being. That really sux

Magnolia suggested I submit a bug report (which I did when I first noted the problem (June 24, 2012)) and I asked if I would ever hear back on the bug report, and double-bad news:

"+Magnolia+ tells you, 'When you submit a bug report you do not get a response back. I would suggest checking the forums for any fixes in the works.' "

So basically it's been filed in a black hole somewhere and we might hear something if we're super lucky or something

The worst part is that what my GM told me is in direct confilict with what this QA person said:

Here:
    http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.p...st-Please-help

And Here:
    http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.p...ng-Quest-Issue

Turbine, could you please ask (and uniformly train) your GM's to reset these quests for players experiencing this bug? Thank you!

Well, after several Bug submissions and multiple help tickets, I finally got a GM that actually helped me through this issue. It took the GM awhile to figure out the issue, and several of the "fixes" didn't work - but eventually he/she was able to get the quest active in my quest log and I could complete the quest and advance my cooking.

So, I guess my advice to anyone with this issue is to be persistent and submit bug/help tickets until the problem is resolved. Overall it took me two or three bug submissions and at least 6 help tickets over the course of 5-days. Good Luck to you if you run into this issue! I tried to submit help tickets on different days/times because the first couple GM's just gave the canned response - "We cannot reset quests..." blah blah blah... But eventually I got a different & helpful GM that actually logged into the game and resolved the issue.

in my case i have filled a bug report and after an update it was solved