We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

how to time feint attack and trip for draigoch raid

its pretty much explains it for some reason i count to `10 seconds after his down and upgraded version of trip ...gets resisted even with counterdefense .is there something im doing wrong to triggerthe fm ....i wait 10 seconds while others are dpsing draigoch body and iget resisted ... i hit counterdefense and then try to hit the fm sometimes it gets resisted or missed...is there a legacy that increases fm chance in your back for trip ??anyone know ..

Re: how to time feint attack and trip for draigoch raid

I know that if people dpsing the dragon apply stun on him, CJ will be resisted.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/032020000001df064/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Cool Re: how to time feint attack and trip for draigoch raid

aside from making sure cj connects i have to make sure they dont use any skills that causes stuns ..thanks for reply

Trip is (from my experience) by far the best way to get a cj (less resists than other)

you can also stack (even more) agility to lower miss chance, and finesse to lower B/P/E chance.

Keeping some +agi +finesse jewelry in your inventory and quickly swapping them when Draigoch falls to the floor helps a lot (especially if you are the only burglar in the group). This way I manage to get 2200+ agility, 7000-8000 finesse, and my FMs never get resisted. I can miss occasionally but I guess it can't be fully avoided since we are hitting a level 78 enemy and get a penalty on our attack rolls. Just use Superior Calenard Marbles or Ready and Able.

Trip (95%-Chance) > ExploitOpening (90%-Chance) > Marbles (70%-Chance)

from my experience (>2,2k Agi and >7k Finesse)

From experience the main reason the IFA trip fails is due to miss timing (cj immunity) or an accidental stun from another player, there is of course a miss/resist chance within the game that just has to be accepted. I generally always get CD and RW up on the body as I'm approaching and keeping my crit chain up will always try for a Exposed throat prior to blowing a cd.

Worth noting that I use Kazad lvl 60 marbles in there and they have never missed

Thumbs up Re: how to time feint attack and trip for draigoch raid

i just levelled to 75 my choices for gear is limited atthis time ...i get a decent amount of crafted armor for agility .bought a 50 of calenard marbles but that thing has an insane cd. i always have stick and move and the exposed throat .my agility is lower than 21k ...people on my server been telling me to be a good decent one u have to have more than that and a physical mastery of 30k + kinda hard to get on my server since glff is more concerned on how to troll new folks more.i do appreciate your answers its more reliablethanasking on glff or advise channel

As mentioned above, the most common reason for CJs to fail to occur is because someone else used a stun skill which applies blanket immunity to any other occurring. Requesting all raid members to not use stun skills until your two CJs have gone off is a start. Next, the other group can trigger a CJ which applies a blanket 20-second immunity and there is squat you can do for that. Also, as mentioned, if you stack a good amount of finesse you will be resisted far less. What was not mentioned is that you can, of course, trait and equip yourself to speed up the recovery of your CJ skills. If you equip your trip CD reduction legendary trait, "Sweep the Leg" it reduces your Trip CD by 40 seconds. If you have done at least three wings of Orthanc and purchase and equip three pieces of the Cabbedan set, you will reduce your Exploit Opening CD (by 30 seconds IIRC) which means you can more reliably be ready with both skills when he hits the floor. Anyway, good luck and have fun!

Marisibelle Adalome
    Woman Burglar of Bree
    [COLOR=#3399ff]Luinmiriel [L100 Hunter], Marisibelle [L100 Burglar], Rosilyn [L100 Captain], Carafindriel [L100 Minstrel], Melissabelle [L85 Burglar], Vornmiriel [L81 Hunter], Lorindriel [L40 Warden], Katellin [L50 Beorning][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#ffff00][I]"One is truly rich who has friends."[/I][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#ffff00][I]A proud member of the first LOTRO Players' Council.[/I][/COLOR]

I think people already hit main points. Stress to group no stuns and no cj's. fm differs on whether there are more than one burg. If more than one switching is easy. Now with most groups 8 or 9 man runs you will prolly be only burg. Trip cooldown is a must have. I will start every cj attempt with exposed throat, saves cd. If no exposed I'll hit marbles next because they have longest CD. Also time your crit chain so you can hit exposed throat as soon as the immunity goes off, do this every time. Also always be on lookout for stun immunity or cj immunity on dragon before you hit a cd. If I can hit a couple cj's with exposed throat and don't get resisted I can usually solo burg with out using ready and able to reset CD

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesRollinsWare View Post
    As mentioned above, the most common reason for CJs to fail to occur is because someone else used a stun skill which applies blanket immunity to any other occurring. Requesting all raid members to not use stun skills until your two CJs have gone off is a start.
    The most common reason a CJ fails is it misses. Your best bet would be to minimize that possibility with Finesse and Agility.

There are very few skills people should use that stun. A LM might be the only class that has a real reason to even use a stun skill, and even then, I don't think his immunity to FMs starts until the duration of the stun, so you should be able to start one as long as you don't see the immunity target on his vitals. Which should be something every Burglar looks out for regardless of content. Though that won't help you with IFA. Fortunately, unless your group is really trying to screw with you, this shouldn't happen too often. And a missed FM or two isn't a huge deal. Keep an eye out for the stun immunity symbol (light red circle with a red dot in the center:

If you notice that symbol coming up frequently right at the start of a body phase, and any time other than right after a FM completes, it is acceptable to yell at the Loremaster.
    [color=red]Work like no one is watching, dance like you don't need the money...[/color]

agility & finesse ftw.

Don't forget marbles and ready & able. If you miss one, you can marbles. If you miss again, you can ready & able. R&A is especially useful during phase 3.
    [img]http://s24.postimg.org/q0qzzx2j9/sig_lotro.jpg[/img]

Regarding the myth that stuns cause a problem - I assure you they do not. I have tested this AND I know why people think they do cause a problem. Before I explain, to re-iterate - stun skills, such as the LM stun-direct-damage skills, burglar startling twist, RK shocking words, etcetc DO NOT stun the body of draigoch.

As to why people think this, they have seen CJs fail, then looked at the body, and seen the stun immunity dot up. This stun immunity dot is applied by CJs, which can be started randomly by attacks. This stun immunity from a CJ can be in effect after a successfull CJ has landed and last past when the fellowship immunity buff fades. Here is how it works, exactly:

Initial approach to Draigoch...
    burglar lands CJ - success! The CJ lands and the dragon is giving TWO buffs
    1: Stun Immunity (some 10s duration, roughly)
    2: CJ immunity (15 or 20s duration, one of those)

10 seconds later, the stun immunity is gone but CJ immunity is still up. If someone in either group (burglar or anyone) throws a CJ or gets a random CJ, the CJ does not trigger because of CJ immunity. However, since stun immunity is gone, Draigoch gets the Stun immunity buff again - for another 10s. This means that even after the CJ immunity (with 5 seconds left on duration in this example) fades, draigoch still has stun immunity and this will prevent a CJ from landing (it will not land at all and will not trigger the CJ immunity. Maybe it extends the stun duration I'm not sure).

I have tested this numerous times on my RK, LM, and burglar. On your next run, wait till you have completed the first 8 CJs - if like many groups you save the last 4 for phase 3, you probably have a full round of no-cjs just pounding on the body till you get to phase 3. In that time, use your stuns - if I'm wrong there's no consequence, but you'll see that stuns do not affect Draigoch. Only CJs can stun or CJ draigoch, and CJs apply both.
    Last edited by Azerod; Jun 01 2012 at 09:44 PM.

only done draigoch for twice completed on my 2 tries .... takes an hour or 45minutes... people said in myserver it takes 15 minutes to kill the dragon ..is this possible bare in mind im pretty new i rely here more thanasking on my server for help because they tend to ridicule new players asking questions ^ ^.i upgraded trip and i carry 50 calenard marbles when i started my first draigoch run... i read into it watch videos but nothing beats hands on experience and asking knowledgable folks.im slowly working on my great river jewelry .i do need to upgrade my armor. so far i have crafted everything except for the draigoch helmet that i won.i try to join some orthanc runs so far the only thing i have gotten to the boss of acid wing .

Just did my first D-raid (with an experienced group of raiders!). Had one EO resisted, used marbles as back-up. All FA/Trips worked. I have average stats for these: around 950 Agi, 4K finesse.

The only thing I made sure was the CJ immunity was expired after the first CJ was successful (didn't see any stuns being applied so I figure these people knew enough not to).

Was really surprised how well the whole thing went. Never ran into a cool down problem on Trip or EO between Body encounters.

I suspect (barring all the other bugs with this thing) that Turbine had to design this for an average burglar to be able to do.