We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 55 of 74 FirstFirst ... 5 45 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 65 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,375 of 1846
    Quote Originally Posted by loki84 View Post
    is that relevant in this thread? No I don't find spider hard, but it can be complex, to get optimal rotation down while you're balancing ranged skills vs melee skills with CC and debuffs, and your venom system based on whether you want to get a venom skill on cooldown so you can re-use it or maintain max venom because you need to apply dots at max venom, as well as deciding in the moment you get an opportunity to cc/debuff whether it's worth giving up range to do so, and whether you should risk your range for a resist chance on an essential debuff based on what you're fighting, what buff's debuffs it has up, and how much venom you have to lower the resist chance when the opportunity comes for these decisions. there is also good pet management, correct kiting, timing cc to prevent essential opposing skills, such as shadows bite on power draining lm's. healing mini's etc, managing nearby npc's life meters for shelobs/feast, and keeping count of your dot tics, for example, 3 second intervals on them with skills that reset the count and make for unoptimal dot tics unless you take the awkward 3 second rate into account. and not resetting your dots with weaker ones after you use a venom skill while you're rebuilding venom, optimal use of the envenom skill, and maintaining ensnare on more than 1 target so that if you need to you have something you can switch to for envenom. all while balancing your life vs their life and whether you can abandon the dot tick count as they get low for more initial damage on hits as you try to spike them. there is a lot more too but this should be enough

so basically, no spider isn't hard, at least not for me, but it is complex if you want to go beyond just tapping your skills when they are up, there is a wealth more that you can squeeze out of the class than just button mashing if you choose to. as i've told you, it's like any class, there's a basic level, and a level of depth beyond that basic level. which a person chooses to use is up to them. this is the last time i'm answering this question from you.
    while i agree playing a spider now is pretty ez and to get the most out of it is pretty complex but now all of that is just overkill. 90% of freeps can be beat 1v1 without ANY debuffs or cc (so they are far from essential) in fact the majority of freeps can be beaten with with only 3-4 skills without a hatchling,reflect,catch prey or the broken born of shadows not because of skill but because of how over buffed spiders are right now. i have found personally only using 3 skills makes it about a 50-50 for a win/double kb a better spider like barkle or evil could use even less for the avg freep and still win. so you could still win just spamming a few skills though you won't be at 100% health and the freep can actually touch you so that might be to much of a risk for fotm spiders.

Quote Originally Posted by soccerdude101 View Post
    All you do is gank 1v1s..
    Lol @ this ^

Lots of good 1v1s today. Thanks everyone. An extra big thank you to Evil, Mueller, Creepyhealer and a BA and defiler whose names I wish I could remember.... much respect for how they play the game!

good one v ones kaize-1 and overwhelm-1
    Last edited by Jakreal; Jun 19 2014 at 03:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by thisisanewname View Post
    while i agree playing a spider now is pretty ez and to get the most out of it is pretty complex but now all of that is just overkill. 90% of freeps can be beat 1v1 without ANY debuffs or cc (so they are far from essential) in fact the majority of freeps can be beaten with with only 3-4 skills without a hatchling,reflect,catch prey or the broken born of shadows not because of skill but because of how over buffed spiders are right now. i have found personally only using 3 skills makes it about a 50-50 for a win/double kb a better spider like barkle or evil could use even less for the avg freep and still win. so you could still win just spamming a few skills though you won't be at 100% health and the freep can actually touch you so that might be to much of a risk for fotm spiders.
    I beat a r11 BA using just piercing attack, so yes, I agree, did it for shiz and gigs to see if I could, that said, doing that is boring as hell, I like spider specifically because it IS complex, and I feel using my skills at least partially properly means i'll still know how to use them if freep QQ gets us nerfed into the ground. this is just an alternate take, others might argue that not using your skills means that when you do you'll be better, and my point is if I don't use them they'll rust off. it's just a subjective difference of opinion, but I see so many cases of people shaming spiders for using their skills, when what they should be doing is encouraging them to use them so that they are used to fighting them. again, this is all subjective. I know I have been called FotM several times, sometimes by freeps and creeps that weren't even playing when I was already fairly ranked on my spider, which i've played for more than 4 years, going on to 5... often when spiders had a really tough time out here, and the same has happened to even older spiders than me... I also believe letting an opponent win except in the rarest of circumstances is dishonouring your opponent, again I know not everybody agree's with this subjective view. One thing I can say, I miss the days when everyone didn't try to peer pressure everyone else into playing how they wanted to. and 1v1 circles were an interesting exception, a break from the action rather than the entirety of it.

Quote Originally Posted by thisisanewname View Post
    well said........

I've really enjoy our spars, Sefunsixtwo. Always a pleasure seeing your BA out there... classy player.
    /bows deeply

Great spars yesterday , finally got the dust knocked off the reaver and starting to really having fun with the game ( thanks to both here and ark).

Wish I could shout out everyone who I fought.. however I can't remember all the names...

Shout out to elezra ( sp??) And Deccard for defiling my body with their weapons...

To all else, thanks for all the fights!

Cintona-1

Quote Originally Posted by motumbo View Post
    Great spars yesterday , finally got the dust knocked off the reaver and starting to really having fun with the game ( thanks to both here and ark).

Wish I could shout out everyone who I fought.. however I can't remember all the names...

Shout out to elezra ( sp??) And Deccard for defiling my body with their weapons...

To all else, thanks for all the fights!

Cintona-1
    I recall you from Ark, if I recall. And quite a few others here as well. Cheers

Had some fun 1v1's tonight

Thanks Immigrant-1. You time your disarm perfectly and it befuddles me each time. It was a pleasure fighting you and I would have loved to fight you more, but too many warg gankers around. It's just a huge shame all those wargs keep trying to eat me in the middle of our fights... Hoping to fight you again without any interruptions in the future!

~Arkilli

Thanks for all the 1v1s today. Definitely some solid fights.

Shaking off the rust quicker than I thought.

Fizze.

Just recently returned to the game after quite the break, and i wanted to say thanks to the people I've 1v1d with my WL.
    Tarpelion and Godo in specific. Great fights
    Looking forward to more in the future.

good 1v1s guards

not sure what turbine is trying to do with all them heals but might have to use ds or some sort of impale now

Yeah good 1v1s Tussin, you'll always have to do a bit more then the guards actual morale to win, sometimes it just blows out of proportion with RNG, something i cant help with really... unless i sacrifice all my damage.

Good 1v1s to whoever ive 1v1ed since ive been here too! been good to see a decent 1v1 community.

- Overwhelm

thanks for all the 1v1's the past couple days on my champ. all fun, too many names to remember.

A shoutout to Gandoras-1 for playing his RK excellently despite losing, and restoring my respect for the lightning RK, a class I miss and thought dead. and on an elf RK too *fistbump*

~ Belolth/Kalymnor

A shoutout to Gandoras-1 for playing his RK excellently despite losing, and restoring my respect for the lightning RK, a class I miss and thought dead. and on an elf RK too *fistbump*

~ Belolth/Kalymnor
    Is this real life?

Belolth is spider hard?

I beat a r11 BA using just piercing attack, so yes, I agree, did it for shiz and gigs to see if I could, that said, doing that is boring as hell, I like spider specifically because it IS complex, and I feel using my skills at least partially properly means i'll still know how to use them if freep QQ gets us nerfed into the ground. this is just an alternate take, others might argue that not using your skills means that when you do you'll be better, and my point is if I don't use them they'll rust off. it's just a subjective difference of opinion, but I see so many cases of people shaming spiders for using their skills, when what they should be doing is encouraging them to use them so that they are used to fighting them. again, this is all subjective. I know I have been called FotM several times, sometimes by freeps and creeps that weren't even playing when I was already fairly ranked on my spider, which i've played for more than 4 years, going on to 5... often when spiders had a really tough time out here, and the same has happened to even older spiders than me... I also believe letting an opponent win except in the rarest of circumstances is dishonouring your opponent, again I know not everybody agree's with this subjective view. One thing I can say, I miss the days when everyone didn't try to peer pressure everyone else into playing how they wanted to. and 1v1 circles were an interesting exception, a break from the action rather than the entirety of it.
    Well said Bel. I think this pressure is what drives so many to play safe and wait for numbers because they don't want to end up in a situation where they will be ridiculed by others. In essence the way of the zerg is the safe way to go just as playing on the side with the advantage all the time.

Too many to name in the past few days, but thanks to all participants.
    I hope I've been challenging but not overbearing.
    I do sort of miss the old days when Creeps had it so bad they could pretty much just use everything at their disposal in a 1v1... simpler days. :P

Yours truly,

~Ushrak.

Quote Originally Posted by MummyLord View Post
    Well said Bel. I think this pressure is what drives so many to play safe and wait for numbers because they don't want to end up in a situation where they will be ridiculed by others. In essence the way of the zerg is the safe way to go just as playing on the side with the advantage all the time.
    People are 'pressured' into playing it safe, zerging and playing on the side with the advantage because of fear of being "ridiculed" by others?!?!?!? People do that because they're ezmoders who want as many points as they can get with as little risk or challenge as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Nouri View Post
    People are 'pressured' into playing it safe, zerging and playing on the side with the advantage because of fear of being "ridiculed" by others?!?!?!? People do that because they're ezmoders who want as many points as they can get with as little risk or challenge as possible.
    While I do agree with your statements for the most part in general, I still am amused by RKs that do what they do to get as many points as possible, with as little risk or challenge as possible.

There is not much that isn't easy mode in todays game, certainly freepside. #js

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderbowStormshard View Post
    While I do agree with your statements for the most part in general, I still am amused by RKs that do what they do to get as many points as possible, with as little risk or challenge as possible.

There is not much that isn't easy mode in todays game, certainly freepside. #js
    Ezmoders can be found both creepside and freepside in any class. If you think my RK is an ezmoder, well, I do 1v1s at GTA quite regularly. Hope to see you there sometime.

Ezmoders can be found both creepside and freepside in any class. If you think my RK is an ezmoder, well, I do 1v1s at GTA quite regularly. Hope to see you there sometime.
    Trying to figure out how this expacs RK could be considered an ezmoder...

I would like to think you dont represent the whole of the RK community, which is precisely why I did not name you. Let's not get bent out of shape over pixels, Cas

While my RK is merely R10, ive been playing her since SoM and have seen the changes expac to expac. There is nothing hard about an RK, that isnt calling you out, that is generalizing a fun, easy class that is and always has been overpowered (except for a brief moment when HD hit, and yellow line was lame-ish. Even then the burst was over the top)

Page 55 of 74 FirstFirst ... 5 45 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 65 ... LastLast