We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Results 101 to 125 of 130

Thread: Public Service

  1. #101

    Re: Public Service

    Quote Originally Posted by Thornpaw View Post
    I "love" when people add quotation mark's to "random" part's of a "sentence" as well as use "apostrophe's" incorrectly. Their is "nothing" that annoys me more then when people confuse there "different" kind's of they're verb's.
    Reading that sentence was more painful than being shredded to death by your claws.

  2. #102
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    21

    Re: Public Service

    Quote Originally Posted by Thornpaw View Post
    I "love" when people add quotation mark's to "random" part's of a "sentence" as well as use "apostrophe's" incorrectly. Their is "nothing" that annoys me more then when people confuse there "different" kind's of they're verb's.
    To be fair, quotation marks are sometimes used to show irony. In Sandra's horribly catty passive aggressive public service sign. We can deduce that she is probably uncomfortable with her own weight and suspects her coworkers of bulimia. She espouses vomiting as a big job, then perhaps uses quotation marks to soften the blow and maybe appear hip or down with the cool girl bulimic crowd?

  3. #103
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Washington DC
    Posts
    1,259

    Re: Public Service

    more public service announcements and inappropriate use of quotation marks from Sandra...hey, it's a slow sunday full of honeydos. Who's bringing food? ;D
    Last edited by couillon; Jun 03 2012 at 02:10 PM.
    Landy, Brandy, & Riddermark [URL="http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?412044-Riddermarks-cast-of-characters&highlight="]Riddermark's finest[/URL] and [URL="http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?416597-Riddermark-Satire&highlight="]Riddermark satire [/URL]

  4. #104

    Re: Public Service

    Quote Originally Posted by ThunderbowStormshard View Post
    Take Scuppers. Or even Leviosa, Kearn, BigLloyd(we love you man). 99.9% sprint is used in an offensive manner, engaging us before they go down, and killing us as well.
    hahahaha, for some reason this made my day (even if it means some of us are easy inf.). Thanks Thunderbow
    ~Riddermark~ 2010-2015
    ~Landroval~|BigLloyde (GRD)||Borofir (CH)||Backwaush (DEF)||Aurmpit (RVR)|
    ~Arkenstone~|Mrjingles-1 (WRG)||Achselhohle (DEF)|

  5. #105

    Re: Public Service

    bah who cares if it can be easy infamy. I'd rather fight you a hundered times over if it means you stand and fight.
    Jawbreakerz(R10), OptimusKrime(R11), Bromanceswithwargs(R10), Pentacle(R12), AllOveryourFace(R9), Throatrip(R10), Charlottesweb(R9)-DI,Atrocity,Intol
    Thunderbow(R9), Triplexxx(R10), Airlyn(R11), Creepingdeath(R8), AllOverYourChin(R12), Valerial(R9)

  6. #106

    Re: Public Service

    Quote Originally Posted by Morbidi-Lost View Post

    P.S. /hug Ulaith for lagging so much
    lol yup I lag horribly in a keep with 24+vs24+. I'm pretty sure alot are aware of this now lol. I prefer smaller fights but if raid fights are all that's happening then they'll have to do.

    /hug creepraids that like to make me one of their first focus targets
    /hug freepraids who do the same to my Warleader
    /hug Rabies for stalking me till stun immunity wears off to pounce me and run away
    /hug Morbidi for freeps hating his warg, he needs all the hugs he can get
    Commander Ulaith, CWH.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/1321300000006da10/01007/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

  7. #107
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Washington, DC USA
    Posts
    4,191

    Re: Public Service

    You all needs hugs IMO. I've spent the entire weekend catching up on yard work, reading, going out to dinner, putting a pool up, sun soaking, getting frozen yogurt, margaritas, pedicure, manicure, facial, and mud wrap with my mother. It was the best weekend in years.

    /hugs to my mother, who often reminds me to stop and smell the roses.


    Quote Originally Posted by SwaggerRebel View Post

    Irregardless

    Why? WHY?!
    Tsaurel/Telae - SVP

  8. #108
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    6ft under
    Posts
    1,282

    Re: Public Service

    Quote Originally Posted by dontneed7 View Post
    All you Adino haters can admit it or not, but you get happy when I am defeated on the battlefield and especially if you get the kb
    Your mighty blow topples Adino.

    [center][font=andalus][size=2]akara / [/size][size=1]warg[/size][IMG]http://i59.tinypic.com/16iyt5f.jpg[/IMG][size=2]blays /[/size][size=1] hunter[/size]
    meneldor[/center][/font]

  9. #109
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    21

    Re: Public Service

    Quote Originally Posted by Leksi View Post





    Why? WHY?!
    Why not? It's a North American colloquialism. The nice thing about languages is they're always changing. While the nice thing about history is it can never change, and I was pretty sure that same North American mentality destroyed the last petty minded bourgeoisie that tried to lord over then impose their view of what's socially acceptable on others in 1945. They keep popping up regarding grammar now though.

































    tl;dr: Grammar nazis aint right. Smash fascism! Talk 'Merican.

  10. #110
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Maine, USA
    Posts
    8

    Re: Public Service

    /hug .... everyone. Especially my chew toys.

  11. #111
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Washington, DC USA
    Posts
    4,191

    Re: Public Service

    Quote Originally Posted by SwaggerRebel View Post
    Why not? It's a North American colloquialism. The nice thing about languages is they're always changing. While the nice thing about history is it can never change, and I was pretty sure that same North American mentality destroyed the last petty minded bourgeoisie that tried to lord over then impose their view of what's socially acceptable on others in 1945. They keep popping up regarding grammar now though.
    Just because wikipedia tells you that word is part of colloquialism doesn't mean it is. It is merely an expressionless disorganization of two words with the intent of a meaning which, due to ignorance, is wrong.



    The prefix ir- means "not" while and the suffix -less means "without", the word irregardless carries the meaning "in regards to", instead of being merely a synonym of regardless.

    And as an aside to your quip about grammar nazi's... While I agree that is quite common, grammar is actually the study of sentence structure. I was merely commenting on your word choice which is just a strange pet peeve of mine.

    If you are dead set on using colloquialisms, one of my favourite books is The Great Gatsby. And of course one of my favourite people is Sah :P He makes up his own colloquialisms, though.

    /hug mob
    /hug Sah
    /hug F. Scott Fitzgerald
    Last edited by Leksi; Jun 04 2012 at 11:11 AM.
    Tsaurel/Telae - SVP

  12. #112
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    21

    Re: Public Service

    Quote Originally Posted by Leksi View Post
    Just because wikipedia tells you that word is part of colloquialism doesn't mean it is. It is merely an expressionless disorganization of two words with the intent of a meaning which, due to ignorance, is wrong.



    The prefix ir- means "not" while and the suffix -less means "without", the word irregardless carries the meaning "in regards to", instead of being merely a synonym of regardless.

    And as an aside to your quip about grammar nazi's... While I agree that is quite common, grammar is actually the study of sentence structure. I was merely commenting on your word choice which is just a strange pet peeve of mine.

    If you are dead set on using colloquialisms, one of my favourite books is The Great Gatsby. And of course one of my favourite people is Sah :P He makes up his own colloquialisms, though.

    /hug mob
    /hug Sah
    /hug F. Scott Fitzgerald
    Well if it peeves you that much I suggest you don't use the word in your masters thesis or anything then. I'm not so particular in my use when trolling a video game forum I'll use whatever F'n words I feel like. Pedantic eggheads raging over them is only a bonus. The reference to The Great Gatsby is lost on me.

  13. #113

    Re: Public Service

    /hug swaggerrebel for getting butt-hurt over poor word choice
    .
    Ulthril - 85 RK
    CWH Website

  14. #114
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    21

    Re: Public Service

    Quote Originally Posted by gene6482 View Post
    /hug swaggerrebel for getting butt-hurt over poor word choice
    /ignore gene6482 for being a hypocrite and imbecile that uses not only a poor but nonsensical hackneyed word choice.

  15. #115

    Re: Public Service

    bah...ignored again

    Cruel, cruel forum gods, why do you punish me so?
    .
    Ulthril - 85 RK
    CWH Website

  16. #116
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Washington, DC USA
    Posts
    4,191

    Re: Public Service

    Quote Originally Posted by SwaggerRebel View Post
    Well if it peeves you that much I suggest you don't use the word in your masters thesis or anything then. I'm not so particular in my use when trolling a video game forum I'll use whatever F'n words I feel like. Pedantic eggheads raging over them is only a bonus. The reference to The Great Gatsby is lost on me.
    I have my MPhys (Hons). Working on PhD So I guess you're right. I'm pedantic by the very definition of the word. Sorry you got angry that I trolled your troll.

    The Great Gatsby is a wonderful book by the way.
    Tsaurel/Telae - SVP

  17. #117
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    21

    Re: Public Service

    Quote Originally Posted by Leksi View Post
    I have my MPhys (Hons). Working on PhD So I guess you're right. I'm pedantic by the very definition of the word. Sorry you got angry that I trolled your troll.

    The Great Gatsby is a wonderful book by the way.
    That didn't make me angry, this is my general demeanor. My angry is a whole different level of dysfunction. Plus I'm working, when I'm working I'm bored, when I'm bored I cause problems.


    I know The Great Gatsby is a book I should have read, I just never got around to it. I've always preferred the classics that have I don't know....rougher(?) characters and settings. Like stuff by Steinbeck, Hemingway, Bukowski or even Dostoevsky.

  18. #118

    Re: Public Service

    /hug on topic posters
    /hug Last nights Moors fun
    /hug seeing the backside of a hunter
    /hug Adino's raids
    /hug Intolorence Group/raids
    /hug soloers

    /hug those that get the fact that we all are in the same sandbox and if we didn't enjoy it, we would leave
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/1321300000003f4fc/signature.png]Kholiam[/charsig]
    Sebolivor Leader of CWH
    CWH website/Teamspeak3 address [url]www.caughtwhitehanded.com[/url]

  19. #119

    Re: Public Service

    /hug the rock rock at TA for 2 hours scared to come out.....wait......
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/132130100000dc084/signature.png]Amywinehouse[/charsig]
    [CENTER]Sychosocial R10 Reaver/Morbidi R11 Champion[/CENTER]

  20. #120

    Re: Public Service

    /hug the 2nd Morningthaw Warden on the left. The one with the Lootbox

    Aside: I want to see the Legacies on the 1-Shotters' Bows. They must have 3 Crystals on a 1st Age and maxed out Burn Hot/Heartseeker Legacies. And Superior Food. And Focus Pots. And Cappy Buffs.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/1321300000003f4fc/signature.png]Kholiam[/charsig]
    Sebolivor Leader of CWH
    CWH website/Teamspeak3 address [url]www.caughtwhitehanded.com[/url]

  21. #121

    Re: Public Service

    Quote Originally Posted by knockturnal98 View Post
    /hug the 2nd Morningthaw Warden on the left. The one with the Lootbox

    Aside: I want to see the Legacies on the 1-Shotters' Bows. They must have 3 Crystals on a 1st Age and maxed out Burn Hot/Heartseeker Legacies. And Superior Food. And Focus Pots. And Cappy Buffs.
    They also have the super duper improved fleetness. And the Bow I hear is Legolas' own
    Jawbreakerz(R10), OptimusKrime(R11), Bromanceswithwargs(R10), Pentacle(R12), AllOveryourFace(R9), Throatrip(R10), Charlottesweb(R9)-DI,Atrocity,Intol
    Thunderbow(R9), Triplexxx(R10), Airlyn(R11), Creepingdeath(R8), AllOverYourChin(R12), Valerial(R9)

  22. #122
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Washington, DC USA
    Posts
    4,191

    Re: Public Service

    /hug deez nhuts
    Tsaurel/Telae - SVP

  23. #123
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    400
    I never got a hug from anyone...

    /Hugs Ren
    A secret.

  24. #124
    Quote Originally Posted by zr1iblez View Post
    I never got a hug from anyone...

    /Hugs Ren
    Oh my god, this thread is absolutely priceless. hahaha what a stroll down memory lane, Koti. Seb, Pulaith, Morb lol.
    Jawbreakerz(R10), OptimusKrime(R11), Bromanceswithwargs(R10), Pentacle(R12), AllOveryourFace(R9), Throatrip(R10), Charlottesweb(R9)-DI,Atrocity,Intol
    Thunderbow(R9), Triplexxx(R10), Airlyn(R11), Creepingdeath(R8), AllOverYourChin(R12), Valerial(R9)

  25. #125
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    400
    Quote Originally Posted by ThunderbowStormshard View Post
    Oh my god, this thread is absolutely priceless. hahaha what a stroll down memory lane, Koti. Seb, Pulaith, Morb lol.
    I took that stroll last night, went from Page 1 of the forums to the most recent. So many good memories and so much trolling... Riddermark forums will always remain the best of the best when it comes to trolling.
    A secret.

 

 
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload