We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 21 of 164 FirstFirst ... 11 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 31 71 121 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakah View Post
    It is just interesting to note though, that I never actually specifically named any player or tribe, but certain players jumped to the conclusion I was talking about them regarding the issue I raised, and then chose to respond defensively and once more in a confrontational stance over that of constructive dialogue. Perhaps they have a guilty conscience? There's an old saying in England, 'if the cap fits, wear it.'
    Sorry but your post here:

Quote Originally Posted by Hellybells View Post
    I'm just glad you finally stopped talking &&&& about our tribe.
    Ofc you are, because sometimes facts and truth are easier to ignore and forget than to accept and learn from them.
    gave me the impression you were simply carrying on the very similar allegations from the pages before, which you said were, at least in part, aimed at the tribe of Thingo, ie Black Guard, but if you're saying these ones are directed at somebody else then certainly I will not carry on the conversation on their behalf. I'm glad you've clarified that for us so nobody else makes the same mistake.

For future reference if you are after a constructive dialogue you would do well on rethinking some of the adjectives you use about people as some of them could be interpreted as offensive, possibly also why some of your posts keep getting deleted.

Sorry but your post here:

gave me the impression you were simply carrying on the very similar allegations from the pages before, which you said were, at least in part, aimed at the tribe of Thingo, ie Black Guard, but if you're saying these ones are directed at somebody else then certainly I will not carry on the conversation on their behalf. I'm glad you've clarified that for us so nobody else makes the same mistake.
    I have clarified nothing nor made any specific allegations towards any player or tribe nor will I due to the forum rules which we all need to respect and abide by. My comments were made openly on this forum and as general observations from my own experience when I created the WS tribe. But if those comments then create the need for some players to respond to what I posted and to defend themselves and protest even though I did not specifically mention them, it just reminds me of the old saying I said before. "If the cap fits, wear it!!!"

For future reference if you are after a constructive dialogue you would do well on rethinking some of the adjectives you use about people as some of them could be interpreted as offensive, possibly also why some of your posts keep getting deleted.
    As were some of your posts deleted due to certain adjectives and comments. Apart from any adjectives I used that others might deem offensive, as that was never my intention, I stand by my comments 100% as to why the EN Creep community sadly is now a very poor shadow of what it once was. So many very good and decent ranked Creeps have left this server, that is a fact and it saddens me as it should every player (Freep and Creep as it affects all PVMP players.) It does not have to mean the end of decent PVMP on this server, but I have my opinions (and a complete log of the OOC and pm flaming that took place when I formed my tribe, which yes, I am now a rogue former leader but still member of but do not speak anymore for them as the tribe has moved on and evolved.) As to some of the major reasons why so many Creeps have left due to the negative atmosphere some in the past purposefully or accidentally created, I am only saying that the EN Creep community can and should learn from the past if we sincerely want to rebuild the Creep community to what it once was. If other players feel the need to respond to my general comments and now defend themselves, then do so as you feel the need. I can only repeat the old saying, 'if the cap fits then wear it.'

There was a time on this server a few years back, not unlike the recent past year or 2 or so, when Freeps were zerging the hell out of Creeps every single evening with unecessary raids not needed. The default setting of certain Freeps then was to not look at what the action was like in Ettens, but to just turn up with a full 24/24 OP Freep zerging raids and turn the map blue and zerg every single poor Creep on the map and then lol at it on the forum. In response, I formed the WS, and we zerged the Freeps back then with full 24/24 Warg raids, turned the map red and zerged and kicked the freeps back to GV and then would not let them out unless it meant certain death for them. It is a shame that certain Creeps back then, flamed me in tells, OOC and on old forums etc, and refused to dialogue with me and ACTUALLY ask why I then led full 24/24 Warg raids. It is a sad reflection on this server we can hardly every night now even get on a regular basis full 24/24 Creep raids though back then within a few minutes of my calling for an all Warg Raid my Warg raids were always full every single evening whenever I called for one. I'm not even sure that could happen now even though they were such fun to play in, which, at the end of the day is why we are all here. For fun and enjoyment? Right? The best fun any Creep can ever have on here IMOP, is to at least once to have experienced and been involved in a full 24/24 Warg raid to zerg the freeps back, it really was so much fun. So sad I was flamed for it back then by certain Creeps as well as Freeps ofc. I then became the No1 Warg Target for Freeps and a reason why I then chose to only solo or group with very trusted hand picked Warg friends to then play for 2K rating to get it and to frustrate the same Freeps who then had made me the no 1 target. I was on Freep side one night PVE in a raid on Champ when a certain player offered 100g on global chat to whoever got the KB on me in Ettens and to take my 2K rating. Next time I logged warg they did not succeed ofc, and I still have 2K rating. Unless I choose to give it up, there is not one single Freep or Freeps in this game who will ever have the skill or tactics to outwit me and rob me of it, and I still make several solo or duo kills on Warg everytime I log it and hey, I still have 2K

Nakah, the Rogue 'KingofWargs.'
    Last edited by Nakah; Aug 13 2012 at 12:22 AM.

40 store tracks... that is all.

Quote Originally Posted by -Spunkie- View Post
    40 store tracks... that is all.
    If that is referring to me, it will take far more, and 1,000 will still not do the job to outwit me on Warg/Wolf hehe, after all, I am the elusive 'KingofWargs' and will always kill whoever I choose, but you still can't get me little Freep Piggies

I'm now off to hunt some brave little Freep Piggies in their houses of Straw and Wood hehe (Brick ones? Too many Healers? Darn not even I can huff and puff those Freep Bubbles down hehe.)

Last edited by Nakah; Aug 13 2012 at 01:03 AM.

If that is referring to me, it will take far more, and 1,000 will still not do the job to outwit me on Warg, after all, I am the elusive 'KingofWargs' and will always kill whoever I choose, but you still can't get me
    Nah was to the 3 freeps I had running around in circles in grothum tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by -Spunkie- View Post
    Nah was to the 3 freeps I had running around in circles in grothum tonight.
    Ah, hehe cool, my misunderstanding, I respect your rvr. Gj matey
    Last edited by Nakah; Aug 13 2012 at 01:46 AM.

Warg Stalkers are probably the biggest contributing factor to the poor action on this server. Sure, you take new players, but you teach them to be completely reliant on ganking in groups. If the WS packs were playing a more balanced mix of classes & fighting with the rest of the creeps rather than waiting at TR HS for solo freeps (& running away if they don't have at least a 2:1 numbers advantage) the action would be very different.

There are other factors, of course (for example I don't like the tendency of a certain creep raid leader to play hide & seek for half an hour after each fight), but if you believe no blame for the state of the server lies with WS you are more blinkered than I thought.

P.S. Clicking HiPS & Sprint then waiting for them to come off CD still isn't difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarenius View Post

There are other factors, of course (for example I don't like the tendency of a certain creep raid leader to play hide & seek for half an hour after each fight),

disco raid and chill and crack a few jokes
    constant action is not everybody's cup of tea and what with the human tendancy of 'having a bio ,need to answer phone ,afk for a mo, take a breather, manoeuvre raid into a better tactical position rather than a frontal assault which would suit the range heavy freeps insert any other reason can be misconstrude as hide and seek

Boonie

The Avengers Officer

Black Guard Officer

If that is referring to me, it will take far more, and 1,000 will still not do the job to outwit me on Warg/Wolf hehe, after all, I am the elusive 'KingofWargs' and will always kill whoever I choose, but you still can't get me little Freep Piggies
    Hmmmm interesting.......why havn't we spared yet give me request nakah you seem up for it kk.

P.S. Sprinting away every fight you loose still isn't difficult.
    Here you go, fixed that for you.

http://www.ross.net/notes/loose.shtml

Using skills at your disposal to escape when you are ganked is fine. Waiting for them to come off cd, or suggesting that it takes some kind of skill to use them (especially with an 'I win' combination like hips & sprint), is different.

English is not my main language. Does it matter anyway? You get my point..

I don't really get your point, no. I sprint away when I'm getting ganked (& don't think I can get a kill)? Yes, I do... So what? It's not me making posts suggesting that clicking an escape skill is outwitting someone.

Warg Stalkers are probably the biggest contributing factor to the poor action on this server. Sure, you take new players, but you teach them to be completely reliant on ganking in groups. If the WS packs were playing a more balanced mix of classes & fighting with the rest of the creeps rather than waiting at TR HS for solo freeps (& running away if they don't have at least a 2:1 numbers advantage) the action would be very different.
    I totally agree at this point.

Using skills at your disposal to escape when you are ganked is fine. Waiting for them to come off cd, or suggesting that it takes some kind of skill to use them (especially with an 'I win' combination like hips & sprint), is different.
    I can't agree at this point just because your 45 sec champ sprint is only used if you have advantage, just for running inside the zerg or waiting for help and bringing single fights to be trapped.

Using skills at your disposal to escape when you are ganked is fine.

Interesting phrase, I saw you a lot of times using "escape" skills on a fully Freep Extacy Camp between WB/OC/Lug GY

But like i said this, I just can say the same about Wargs which strikes with numbers and flee from single fights, at this point i just can suggest: Play and be Ready to Win or Lose, if you hate losing, don't come to a PvP area, PvP needs challenge not Hello Kitty players.

Ps.: expecting any reply against me because I grouped sometimes and killed certain players with greater numbers, that's true, but not many times, because it makes me get bored, and a high % of te times I killed or jumped to attack any single target I can't prevent to have any warg close to me with "infthirst", but If people thinks I like to flee, just look the fights I could have escaped and just stood because is accepting one of the rules about PvP, I lost, but I stand still.
    It's true that this late times I ran away from loads of wargs when playing my Grd, but It pays no sense go and try a lost fight at the beginning, then I always liked to use my "escape" skills to kill, like hips or sprint, on my grd's case is charge, and I always used it to attack, just used that to escape like I said before, the day I decided to put my grd out of moors was so easy like 30 wargs jumped on me and I was insta-killed. Some people may find this fun, I find this Absurd and Zero challenging so the latest times I came was to make some PvE and if some Creep found me I didn't use any skills, just wait to being killed, because soon or later I can win a fight but help will arrive soon.
    I just take care about having PvP, having fun, and trying to be challenging to my foes on every side, but I can't say the same against most of the players.

Regards,
    Kris

End of the day we all play the game the way we want to play it. And the people that run from fights "in general" give more satisfaction, when eventually, you catch them with some Cd's.

About today, pretty fun action. Was fun with the freeps having lug GY instead of TR one. Changed things around a bit.

Warg Stalkers are probably the biggest contributing factor to the poor action on this server.
    Really? A single Warg pack, rather than huge OP Freep Zergs at the moment are the biggest contributing factor to the poor action on this server? Really, are you totally being serious or were you having a tongue in cheek laugh as you typed that ?

Sure, you take new players, but you teach them to be completely reliant on ganking in groups. If the WS packs were playing a more balanced mix of classes & fighting with the rest of the creeps rather than waiting at TR HS for solo freeps (& running away if they don't have at least a 2:1 numbers advantage) the action would be very different.
    Ok, forgive me, I am sorry. Freeps never, ever do that. Freeps never ever form a PVE/PVP raid and then nuke down every Creep that crosses their path, nor do they ever form PVP raids or groups to nuke Creeps, but if they do, they always leave solo Creep players or smaller Creep groups alone as to attack them would be so unfair. Also, Freeps never run away from a fight they think they can't win, they will always just stand there and get nuked and give Creeps free Infamy. Freeps never ever gank the Lug GY when it is red and hem the Creeps in and constantly farm them, nor do they stay and fight when they have 2:1 advantage in numbers despite their being so OP in comparison to Creeps, they say, 'hold on guys, this is not good balanced PVP, don't attack those Creeps until it is a balanced fight.' Hmm, wait a minute, let's think about it. Actually that is the majority Freep Default setting in Ettens. But, ofc, according to you it is one little small Warg Pack that totally ruins the entire PVMP action but not anything the Freeps ever do, as they are always so honourable, balanced and fair in the way they play.

Are you serious? The Freep playstyle is far worse than any Creeps raids or a single Warg pack in the way they play.

Seriously m8, are you actually serious when blaming a small outnumbered Warg pack often fighting against huge Freep OP Zergs for the bad action on this server? Really? You can't be, come on, you are having a laugh right or is your point of view so blinkered and biased that you can't see how hard it is to play as Creep? Your point of view is either very biased or you don't know what you are talking about, or, actually, when I think about it, it is obvious you don't know what you are talking about and your view is very biased against Creeps in favour of Freeps. That clears that one up.

...Oh wait, there is more. Here comes a balanced opinion from you and a comment on how Freeps play? I hope?

There are other factors, of course (for example I don't like the tendency of a certain creep raid leader to play hide & seek for half an hour after each fight)
    Nope, I was wrong. Sigh, 'slaps forehead' for being so silly in hoping a balanced viewpoint was incoming. No balanced viewpoint here.

In your View the OP Zerging Freeps are so honourable and fair in the way they play, and the biggest desire for your PVMP action on Freep is for Creeps to constantly get wiped and feed Renoun to the OP Zerg train, that much is obvious. For my own reasons, I am playing Freep atm in Ettens more than Creep. Freeps constantly talk in OOC, groups, raids etc how great the action is when Creeps are constantly wiping due to having lesser numbers and therefore giving very easy no challenge renoun. As soon as Creeps get a raid up and fight back and actually give Freeps a decent fight, if Freeps start losing, OOC, group chats raid chat etc is full of how bad the action is and how lame Creeps are.

I don't blame Boon for thinking, using his head and playing tactically to fight back often against overwhelming odds when he leads a Creep raid. You, on the other hand, would rather see a Creep raid leader just feed the OP Freep Farm Zerg by charging in and consistently wiping and giving you easy renoun without any real PVP challenge. I think that sums you up as a PVP player matey, you like EZMODE easy PVP, your bias and uniformed post has made that so very crystal clear.

P.S. Clicking HiPS & Sprint then waiting for them to come off CD still isn't difficult.
    Nor is playing Freep in Ettens atm tbh. I've been doing it recently for a change of scenery. It is so very, very easy to get renoun and rank by using just a few very OP attack and then survive skills in the midst of a huge OP Freep zerg against lesser numbers of Creeps, and get lot's of easy renoun. The difference between me and you though, is that I realise how very easy it is to play Freep in Ettens at the moment compared to Creep, whereas you very clearly do not.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayley View Post
    But like i said this, I just can say the same about Wargs which strikes with numbers and flee from single fights, at this point i just can suggest: Play and be Ready to Win or Lose, if you hate losing, don't come to a PvP area, PvP needs challenge not Hello Kitty players.
    Hmm, okay, I'm interested, this fella seems like a unique player in Ettens. He does not like playing and striking with greater numbers and will always stay and fight even if it means a win or lose situation. I like this stance and playstyle a lot, perhaps he alone is due all other players total respect as he plays a far braver and honourable game than any other PVP player. Hold on, wait, there is more he has to say. Let's disect what he is actually saying.

Ps.: expecting any reply against me because I grouped sometimes and killed certain players with greater numbers, that's true...
    I'm confused? Didn't he just criticise Wargs for playing in the very same way? He does not like Wargs who strike with greater numbers but he does the same? Well, unlike them, at least he sticks to his orignal point and stays and fights, win or lose. Wait, there's even more he posted...

It's true that this late times I ran away from loads of wargs when playing my Grd, but It pays no sense go and try a lost fight at the beginning...

Hmm, I'm slapping my own forehead once more for being so silly and only reading certain parts of the post. I thought he was saying he dislikes players who group in greater numbers, then he said he does the same. Then, silly me I thought he was saying he will always stay and fight even if it is a win or lsoe situation, but then he admits to running away when he knows the fight cannot be won. I guess his playstyle is actually no different from the Wargs he was criticising for playing that way. 'Sauron' help us Rofl.

Isn't this the player who promised to delete a certain alt if he lost a spar he challenged another player to, and then when he lost the spar, he did not delete the alt as he promised, but just changed the name?

Yep, I guess we can all take lessons from this fella about honour and how to play in PVMP Rofl.

Last edited by Nakah; Aug 14 2012 at 04:27 AM.

"Biggest contributing factor to the poor action of this server" (and all others that are in the same situation or worse) is Turbine.

Playing creepside with a low rank is a pain, and the only one that can somewhat compete is Warg, because it has some DPS and the defense of being stealthy. All other creep classes before rank 7, and spending more than 50k comms, are nothing compared against a lowly geared freep. So what would you expect? Of course new players (and returning ones) will tend to play warg.

Freep DPS and HPS is overpowered due to stat cap limitation, first ages and audacity. If there was some kind of balance, it was done for RoI release and since then freeps have evolved while creeps remain the same. When Turbine added new improvements to freepside due PVE, they forgot (or did not care) to buff creep side.

Of course, a big contributing factor will always beplayer behaviour, but it is more general lack of caring of other side fun rather to over complicated reasons (like blaming certain tribes or kinships). For example some freep says "let's roll map blue", they have fun but the after effects kill the action for the rest of the night and harm the improvement of creep side because low rank creeps cannot even farm maps to improve their chars.

Edit: Corrected some typos and improved some points.
    Last edited by MordecaiKell; Aug 14 2012 at 07:59 AM.

Playing creepside with a low rank is a pain, and the only one that can somewhat compete is Warg, because it has some DPS and the defense of being stealthy.
    Freep DPS and HPS is overpowered due to stat cap limitation, first ages and audacity.
    Playing low rank with zero audacity is difficult for freeps, too.
    The feeling of freep dps and hps being op results from playing wrong classes on creep side. Creeps need to play different and use different classes to counter the imbalance. A warg raid without healing and ranged dps can't take on a freep group even...
    My advice would be don't invite wargs to a raid (apart from 1 who scouts and stops a riding freep with sprint and cj). Only few defilers should be picked for the raids as well. A creep raid should mostly consist of Warleaders and Blackarrows and it will tear everything down... That type of raid will make freeps hide.. Unfortunately creeps don't favour those competitive classes..
    I checked a server where creeps dominate the map all day with this different play style. Map is red until creeps log and only then its made blue at around 3-4 in the morning. If there is a blue keep it is Lug most of the time. Totally different world for poor freeps..

I do not disagree that freeps in general are more powerful at the moment, but as a ranked creep it is really not as difficult as you make it out to be. Most people (on both sides) are just not very good players. Wargs are not underpowered at all when played well (see Ong, Eth, Jcwulf (maybe you should ask him for some tips) etc.), but again, most wargs are just extremely bad. Without bubbles/pots Ong can kill my champ 1v1 in shadow, though it is very close. Quite often I can 2v1 high ranked wargs (many of them from WS) without using any kind of bubble/cooldown, or 3-4v1 with them. That's not because wargs are underpowered, it's because those players are terrible.

Yes, some freeps play extremely lame, form groups when they're not needed etc. So? That doesn't mean it's not equally lame when creeps do it. It's not 'one little warg pack'. Often it is 6+ wargs and a healer or 2 going after solo players, running away when there are enough freeps to stand a chance (it happens practically every time, yesterday I was fighting 6 WS with 2 other freeps, every warg either hipsed or sprinted). Very often the problem we have is that there just aren't enough creeps to fight back - As I already said, if those 6+ wargs had a balanced group helping the rest of the creeps rather than looking for soloers to gank, the action would very likely be considerably better.

We had some nice fights between lug and OC/GY last night with a creep raid with plenty of kills on both sides. I don't know if boon was leading, but he was in the raid. There was no 'fight then hide for 30 mins' going on, that's what made it fun for everyone. I really don't see how fighting a freep raid once then hiding/PvEing for half an hour can be fun for the creeps in the raid either.
    Last edited by Tarenius; Aug 14 2012 at 12:36 PM.

Warg Stalkers are probably the biggest contributing factor to the poor action on this server.
    Well, at the point I said I agree, taking a deep reflexion and some auto criticism, I concludes, as I expressed this late night to Dusky and a low number of Creeps who were playing at this moment, I was wrong.

Reasons:
    We can not blame, plus we are nothing to blame or judge any playstyle, by simple reasons, this is a Game, and people must have fun they way they like to do, nothing more easy than understanding that point.

The biggest contributing factor to the poor action on this server, as you said, is the continual flaming from ones to others, point where I've bee included, but a point that I detract now.

That was something which happened before and sadly will continue happening, but I reached to understand, and I prefer to understand late to never understand, that this poor action or poor atmpsphere is just made by us, not by Warg Stalkers, not by any player, not by any tribe, just made by the simple reason of not admiting being killed by about some points of view, "less skilled people" or being "zerged" or whatever reason we should have said.

I don't expect that all people made my same self criticism, but I honestly can say, we are the greatest contributors to a poor action and a poor atmosphere, and reached at this point I will not take a part about being a contributor to kill more this "action"/"atmosphere", so I will stay far from flamings and QQ and whatever reasons made Evernight to reach that poor quotes.

It's just my own step, from now and honestly I just will to play as I liked, having fun with my friends, and respecting each other, not looking at some rank nor skill, not looking about their ideas about pvp, because all ideas must be accepted as valid ones, we can think maybe are wrong ideas, but on the deeper of the matter we are nothing, no one is or has the voice to label or disqualify people.

And to end, after showing all your I was wrong thinking that way, I just can send an apologise word to all who could be affected by any of my words, this issue will never happen from me.

Regards,
    Kristinna

Hmm, okay, I'm interested, this fella seems like a unique player in Ettens. He does not like playing and striking with greater numbers and will always stay and fight even if it means a win or lose situation. I like this stance and playstyle a lot, perhaps he alone is due all other players total respect as he plays a far braver and honourable game than any other PVP player. Hold on, wait, there is more he has to say. Let's disect what he is actually saying.

I'm confused? Didn't he just criticise Wargs for playing in the very same way? He does not like Wargs who strike with greater numbers but he does the same? Well, unlike them, at least he sticks to his orignal point and stays and fights, win or lose. Wait, there's even more he posted...

Hmm, I'm slapping my own forehead once more for being so silly and only reading certain parts of the post. I thought he was saying he dislikes players who group in greater numbers, then he said he does the same. Then, silly me I thought he was saying he will always stay and fight even if it is a win or lsoe situation, but then he admits to running away when he knows the fight cannot be won. I guess his playstyle is actually no different from the Wargs he was criticising for playing that way. 'Sauron' help us Rofl.

Isn't this the player who promised to delete a certain alt if he lost a spar he challenged another player to, and then when he lost the spar, he did not delete the alt as he promised, but just changed the name?

Yep, I guess we can all take lessons from this fella about honour and how to play in PVMP Rofl.

Nakah has been removed from your ignore list.

As I said in my previous post, that's your self thinking, I've nothing to say about.

Quote Originally Posted by -Tanyc- View Post
    A creep raid should mostly consist of Warleaders and Blackarrows and it will tear everything down... That type of raid will make freeps hide..
    Lol any creep group that can put up a fight back makes most of the freeps hide.

Notice I said MOST

Quote Originally Posted by MordecaiKell View Post
    "Biggest contributing factor to the poor action of this server" (and all others that are in the same situation or worse) is Turbine.

Playing creepside with a low rank is a pain, and the only one that can somewhat compete is Warg, because it has some DPS and the defense of being stealthy. All other creep classes before rank 7, and spending more than 50k comms, are nothing compared against a lowly geared freep. So what would you expect? Of course new players (and returning ones) will tend to play warg.

Freep DPS and HPS is overpowered due to stat cap limitation, first ages and audacity. If there was some kind of balance, it was done for RoI release and since then freeps have evolved while creeps remain the same. When Turbine added new improvements to freepside due PVE, they forgot (or did not care) to buff creep side.

Of course, a big contributing factor will always beplayer behaviour, but it is more general lack of caring of other side fun rather to over complicated reasons (like blaming certain tribes or kinships). For example some freep says "let's roll map blue", they have fun but the after effects kill the action for the rest of the night and harm the improvement of creep side because low rank creeps cannot even farm maps to improve their chars.

Edit: Corrected some typos and improved some points.
    I've given you plus rep for that m8, as I totally agree with your overall comments. You also said playing low ranked Creeps is a pain, it is. I'm doing it on several serveral servers atm on different classes for fun but also to see how PVP attitudes and action are different. Some servers are more helpful to new low ranked Creep players, others are not. My issue with some Creep players on Evernight was that there was a default setting of mocking and teasing new Creep players asking for help and advice. Certain high ranked Creeps at a past time would constantly night after night mock and tease them for their questions, or if they asked for a group invite would say send tell to 'their friend' who would the say no I'm not leading send tell to 'another friend.' OFC, this was very amusing to the players that acted in this way, but not to the new players on the receiving end. I'm not sure that even now those who acted in that way realise that such an arrogant and elitist attitude towards those new to Creep over a period of time contributed to many potential Creep players feeling that if that is Evernight Creep behaviour, forget it, so they walked with their feet.

There was a greenie in Grams one night, a few years back, asking where certain locations were. I sent a tell, engaged in chat, and discovered he was new to the game a week or so. I teamed with him on my Warg, took him to every location and spent a good couple of hours helping him. That player became a very good friend in game, was one of the founding officers of WS when it was formed and I still play with him from time to time today, all because I took the time to help him. That was why a founding principle of the WS tribe was to always help and accept all players. Ofc, there were people you did the same for, and never see again. I'm not suggesting all Creep players should give up their game time to do this, as it can be a pain to always do so. My point has always been that it was the arrogant and unhelpful elitist mocking attitude of certain high ranked long term Creep players on this server towards new Creeps that sadly turned many potential dedicated Creep players away from this server, and look where that has left us now? A very weakened Creep community compared to other servers, and a shadow of what we once were. Help new players Creeps, give them advice, or at the very least don't mock or tease the unranked greenie running around asking questions or for a group invite. You never know, they might be the great PVP Creep players or raid leaders of tomorrow rather than walking with their feet because of the negative atmopshere that for a long while existed on this server towards new Creeps by certain arrogant and elitist players and their attitudes. (More Adjectives I know )

Quote Originally Posted by Luppine View Post
    Lol any creep group that can put up a fight back makes most of the freeps hide.

Notice I said MOST

True that

Well, at the point I said I agree, taking a deep reflexion and some auto criticism, I concludes, as I expressed this late night to Dusky and a low number of Creeps who were playing at this moment, I was wrong.

Reasons:
    We can not blame, plus we are nothing to blame or judge any playstyle, by simple reasons, this is a Game, and people must have fun they way they like to do, nothing more easy than understanding that point.

The biggest contributing factor to the poor action on this server, as you said, is the continual flaming from ones to others, point where I've bee included, but a point that I detract now.

That was something which happened before and sadly will continue happening, but I reached to understand, and I prefer to understand late to never understand, that this poor action or poor atmpsphere is just made by us, not by Warg Stalkers, not by any player, not by any tribe, just made by the simple reason of not admiting being killed by about some points of view, "less skilled people" or being "zerged" or whatever reason we should have said.

I don't expect that all people made my same self criticism, but I honestly can say, we are the greatest contributors to a poor action and a poor atmosphere, and reached at this point I will not take a part about being a contributor to kill more this "action"/"atmosphere", so I will stay far from flamings and QQ and whatever reasons made Evernight to reach that poor quotes.

It's just my own step, from now and honestly I just will to play as I liked, having fun with my friends, and respecting each other, not looking at some rank nor skill, not looking about their ideas about pvp, because all ideas must be accepted as valid ones, we can think maybe are wrong ideas, but on the deeper of the matter we are nothing, no one is or has the voice to label or disqualify people.

And to end, after showing all your I was wrong thinking that way, I just can send an apologise word to all who could be affected by any of my words, this issue will never happen from me.

Regards,
    Kristinna
    That is a very admirable post Kristinna, it takes character to self reflect and be honest as you have been. I'll give you a plus rep for it. (I always thought you were male rl, I'm not asking you clarify, but signing off as Kristinna makes me think you are fem, and that brings out my softer side rather than my default naturally aggressive Alpha-Male stance

I do not disagree that freeps in general are more powerful at the moment, but as a ranked creep it is really not as difficult as you make it out to be. Most people (on both sides) are just not very good players. Wargs are not underpowered at all when played well (see Ong, Eth, Jcwulf (maybe you should ask him for some tips) etc.), but again, most wargs are just extremely bad.
    That might be true m8, my cousin is one of the top Professors of Pyschology in the UK, but he failed his driving test many times and still does not have a driving licence as he just cannot get it right as his mind is not configured that way. Not everybody can be a fast skilled keyboard warrior, and as you get older your reaction times naturally get slower (don't know how old you are, nor am I asking, but if you are still gaming in 20 years time, there will be new kids on the block that can react and tap those keys far faster than you and you will be like 'how the heck can they be that faster than me?') My point is that even 'bad keyboard warrior' players are here for fun and a bit of time away from the stresses and pressures of rl, so let's accept them as part of the in game PVMP community and respect them as people and human beings.

I do not disagree that freeps in general are more powerful at the moment, but as a ranked creep it is really not as difficult as you make it out to be. Most people (on both sides) are just not very good players. Wargs are not underpowered at all when played well (see Ong, Eth, Jcwulf (maybe you should ask him for some tips) etc.), but again, most wargs are just extremely bad.
    Yes, I do ask certain players for tips and advice, all the time, as RL means I usually don't have the time to study the updated game mechanics as I would like. I'm on RnR atm so am bored and have too much time on my hands for the next week or so, hence the walls of text to keep myself busy and distracted. I need to sack my gardener, give me something else to do... I agree with your comments, but refer to what I have already said.

Yes, some freeps play extremely lame, form groups when they're not needed etc. So? That doesn't mean it's not equally lame when creeps do it. It's not 'one little warg pack'. Often it is 6+ wargs and a healer or 2 going after solo players, running away when there are enough freeps to stand a chance (it happens practically every time, yesterday I was fighting 6 WS with 2 other freeps, every warg either hipsed or sprinted).
    I assume that you do realise that Freeps can send a Warden into a red Tol full of Creeps, and if they are backed by Mincers, Cappies, and other classes, it is so hard for large numbers of Creeps to take any of them down. I have watched Wardens grouped with a cappy and mincer, and just that trio is literally godmode atm without even mentioning the other classes they might have in a group. Creeps for a long time are in continous frustration mode atm, due to the imbalances, perhaps that is why other tactics are used purely so they don't give up due to sheer frustration. I think you are trying to be fair in your post, but do consider the other side of the coin m8

Very often the problem we have is that there just aren't enough creeps to fight back - As I already said, if those 6+ wargs had a balanced group helping the rest of the creeps rather than looking for soloers to gank, the action would very likely be considerably better.
    True m8, and it brings me back to my other points in past posts, that the Creep community on Evernight needs to realise and understand why we are so weak atm, and learn the lessons from the past to now again build a solid, consistent skilled Creep side that can make action better for all.

We had some nice fights between lug and OC/GY last night with a creep raid with plenty of kills on both sides. I don't know if boon was leading, but he was in the raid. There was no 'fight then hide for 30 mins' going on, that's what made it fun for everyone. I really don't see how fighting a freep raid once then hiding/PvEing for half an hour can be fun for the creeps in the raid either.
    I was on Freep at the time, and part of that action. It was jubilation from Freep side as Creeps were owned tbh and renoun flowed so very easily, but logging Creep later and speaking to some in game Creep friends, it was sheer misery and frustration from their side and they did not enjoy the action quite as much as the Freeps did, so again, I support whoever was leading the Creeps for playing smart rather than continuous wipes.

Despite my atrocious dalliance dancing with the Freep side atm, it just reminds me as to why at the end of the day, my alliegance will always be 100% Creep on this server.

Nakah, the Rogue 'KingofWargs'
    Last edited by Nakah; Aug 15 2012 at 12:35 AM.

The Great Book of Everything Ever

I have asked my goblin scribe Maude to look out a passage from The Great Book of Everything Ever, one of our most sacred tomes kept hidden in Gramsfoot Library. After a little over five years research I'm sure this will finally lay to rest many of the competing ideologues currently in circulation.

"And so, it shall come to pass, that one may lay eyes upon The Great Book and know all. But he shall keep this knowledge to himself, safe unto the understanding that he shall not have to verify or justify, through deeds or words, or letters or numbers, or signed language and the medium of mime....nor shall they divine great meaning from the entrails of a salamander.....

-Yes yes, Maude, I think you can skip a little bit-

"Nor may they scratch a broken nail through the yoke of a cleanly broken egg, dissecting freshly formed veins an....

-Maude! Get to something relevant already!-

"Once thou speaketh with one voice and pray to our Dark Lord Sauron...

-Much better Maude-

"One will find peace and tranquility and calm of mind, if questionable enjoyment and entertainment be thine purpose. For there are those who will deny such reasonable pleasures! Those who will worship at the altar of malcontent and sow the seeds of doubt in the minds of those, whom our Dark Lord Sauron shall judge, and shall surely smite in his kind benevolence...

-Maude? Are you sure you're reading the right book?-

I think it's important to note, at this juncture, that my goblin scribe Maude has been stapled to the floor for her own safety.

It's really quite something ain't it? The tenacity with which some of us can muster to attack another's point of view.

There really is no great mystery. There has only ever been collective responsibility in The 'Moors. It's nice to see over the last few posts that people are coming to terms with this. It's not His fault, or Her fault, or That Tribe, or This Tribe, it's all of us. Always has been, and will continue to be so. Let's not forget the playing field we're left to prance around on, a malnourished population raised in a land of pestilence, cursed and ignored by our gods......but we make do the best with what we can right?

I requested a chat with good ol' Nakah, and got a PM which I finally responed to. You'll have to forgive me, my goblin scribe Maude handles all my mail and shall be duly punished for being so tardy.

I do recollect a time, when my first Surgery was opening, when there was friction between certain factions. I'd like to think, being a sophisticated orc of letters who also likes to wear his 'grown-up' hat, that incidents that have long since ceased to be relevant should be dropped.

This side/that side, who's to blame?

I'd like to think that the much vaunted argument of "but flaming/trolling/being generally antagonistic makes for better action" can be finally laid to rest. After five years of flaming/trolling/being generally antagonistic you're within reason to present your argument. Surely the action must have been gathering momentum until it reaches fever pitch at this rate no? Hmm, nothing?

To turn attention to those who have left our server of late, am I mistaken in thinking that many of them left our server some time ago? Only to return within the space of a week or two? There was certainly a "Let's Bail on Evernight PvMP" thread at one point that vanished after its contributor's had came back home here.

'Lest anyone get defensive, I do miss the folks who have transferred. I'm always in favour of anyone who brings a group to the field and is willing to stand and fight. It's telling that on one particular evening just before Transfer Day I tried to muster a group to fight Freeps back from Lug GY, nobody was willing to join. Almost two hours later I was still trying to muster a group, and could find nobody. I remarked to our much loved Ong, who happened to have been mostly freep at the time, how frustrating this was.

Sadly, perhaps these folks do need a more populated server. Decent players running insanely OP groups will run riot, hard to take constructive criticism for it though when the first thought seems to have been "let's make an invinci-group". I noticed talk of "on this other server they make huge raids and fight back".....gone are the days when you could spit in the 'Moors and hit a high ranked Warleader who knew his stuff.

It's hard enough to pull together any sort of raid, nevermind one from the glory days of yore, where we had high rankers at our dispossal or where the whole raid had access to all maps. Now we get to make do with what we can pull from the field, and I truly hope more leaders will accept and train up lower ranked monsters.

Many of you who have been posting of late have been quick to lay the blame squarely at the feet of the Creeps. I've made the point many times before, even back in Codies forums days, that the tribe I am happy to be a part of has been consistently capable of producing raids at most times of the day. We have often taken stick for not doing so. We have continually raised and broke groups depending on the action on the field as we see it. We have never received such thought from our opponents. Now imagine the recent trend in Needless Freep Zergs, formed after one decent fight against a group of monsters. There would be ZERO action if we followed suit and grouped all day long. With hindsight, can anyone tell us we did wrong?

As a parting note, I do hope our Freep colleagues cherish the last few weeks of Song of Distraction aided npc nullification, semi-invincible groups when there is no need and general star hugging/npc high fiving all round. Lots of you have got oh so lazy, come Rohan we might see some changes. If we do, methinks you're in trouble. If we don't? We'll still bring it to you.

To go back a few pages you'll find Pouchie speaks with the Hairy Feet of Truth. Be warned, if the balance closes, your rating and hugging tendencies will mean nothing.

My goblin scribe Maude should be contacted with any complaints, as this article was clearly finished under her creative control no matter how hard she tries to tell you that someone had her stapled to the floor. Her motion to not let Thingo dictate whilst drinking has however been advised, taken under consultation and dismissed.

Carry on about your business, as you all surely will, this much has been shown. But an extra tip of the hat to Hayley. Did y'all notice how people can think about things and make informed decisions, and yeah, I know this really crazy, but even admit they might be wrong?
    Last edited by ThingoMD; Aug 15 2012 at 01:26 AM. Reason: an incredibly offensive vowel did declare itself missing

Hehe well said

Page 21 of 164 FirstFirst ... 11 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 31 71 121 ... LastLast