We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 148 of 164 FirstFirst ... 48 98 138 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 158 ... LastLast
Results 3,676 to 3,700 of 4094
  1. #3676
    Quote Originally Posted by D3str0yer View Post
    http://i.imgur.com/jvsIqgz.gif


    Your statement is quite ironic coming from a burglar ^^ Maybe you should try to roam whilst playing any class but the reaver Have fun fighting burglars with 75% induction
    Oh man sry Splitz silly me thought creeps had only 1 type of class can't remember seeing anything else but rvrs get transferd here my mistake

  2. #3677
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    359
    Quote Originally Posted by minnimeepouch View Post
    Oh man sry Splitz silly me thought creeps had only 1 type of class can't remember seeing anything else but rvrs get transferd here my mistake
    The vast majority of the transfers were born and bread on Evernight before you were lvl 10 Likewise the majority of the transfers does not play Reaver as their main class... Get your facts right
    Last edited by D3str0yer; Apr 08 2014 at 11:31 AM.
    [B]What We Do In Life, Echoes in Eternity - [/B][URL]http://archive.lotrocommunity.eu/monsterplay-player-vs-player-combat-624/422337-ultimate-evernight-thread-evernight-strikes-back.html[/URL][B]
    Blitzz Krieg R13 RK - Talgasn R11 Reaver -Talgroth R10 BA Evernight![/B]

  3. #3678
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,037
    There is something very wrong happening to our server. There have been elite 'clubs' formed before (such as the 'evil' chat channel), but I don't think its ever been this bad. To clarify, I'm not saying that its a bad thing that there are high rank creeps on our server - that's a good thing, and something I can appreciate both as a freep and a creep. However, the problem arises when those who fled from our server, pursuing 'better action' return to it and seek to impose upon our server the terrible state of affairs that they were responsible for causing in the first place.

    Let me put this as clearly as I can - transfer creeps left Evernight due to bad action. After they left, the action improved. Snowbourn, where they ended up, became worse. They return to Evernight, where action was at its peak, yet with their return, it began to decline again. Does anyone see a unifying factor? If it was just Creatures returning to the server that they deserted, I think most people wouldn't have minded - for instance when the first wave of Fifty Shades of Sauron transferred to Evernight, they helped bolster Black Guard's leadership of the creeps on our server and create some good action. Yet since then we've been seeing many more people transfer who are all desperate to get a piece of the action.

    Yet the balance in the Moors is very easily upset. I'm not particularly talking about in raid v raid action, which plays out depending on the numbers of players, skill of players and capability of the raid leader. My issue is with the action during the daytime. It tends to be the case that there are far fewer freeps on during the mornings and early afternoons than there are creeps, and as such the map is painted red and any attempt to fight back against it is squashed. Yet the weirdest part of this relates to something Thingo mentioned in his most recent post - the idea that some players leave others be because they are part of the club.

    This afternoon when I logged on, a group comprised of Blackmambo, Talgroth, Immigrant and Steth were camping GV. This in itself is bad enough (personally I camp GV/Grams very rarely, though I can't say that I've never done it), but we'll skip over that for now. After a while enough freeps appeared to push the creeps away from GV, and the action moved to front TR. There I came face to face with Immigrant and Nuntii, and we started sparring. Half way through the first spar with Nuntii, Blackmambo starts shooting. A tad frustrating, especially from a decent-ranked BA, but I accepted the fact that he might not have known what was going on, so I came back and sparred Nuntii again. He won by a close margin, so obviously I was eager to come back and see if I could beat him. When I arrived back at TR, standing there jumping in front of Nuntii, I got attacked by two BAs, Talgroth and Blackmambo, in addition to two wargs, Vitalbite and Atriohm. While I understand the fact that front TR is not a sparring location, each of these players were of high enough rank to be able to tell what jumping up and down in front of a particular player means.

    While this was going on, I noticed Mura fighting Talgroth 1v1 - Talgroth started to run away, and Mura finished him off, but then Blackmambo attacked while Mura was still on half health. I'm not sure what the etiquette is on the server where these particular players come from - but playing in this particular way, especially when Flembard (who I later realised was Lepakko, and thus part of the club) remained untouched, doesn't really seem to be decent action to me. Rather than sparring or full on pvp, it becomes a weird hybrid, with these transfers setting the rules and changing them whenever they feel like it. After the sparring, this bunch of approximately 8 creeps stood outside TR, killing anything that came vaguely within range.

    So, my main problems with this type of behaviour in the Moors:

    1) Most of the transferred creeps don't seem to be solo. There are of course exceptions to these rules, but as a general rule it appears that the higher ranked a creep is, the more friends that they will bring with them. I certainly haven't always soloed, but I am making more of a point to do so recently, both because its more fun, and also because its more satisfying to do so. Its also irritating watching a creep of equivalent rank to you that you could have a decent, equal fight with always rolling around with others. I know that playing with kinnies/tribe members is fun, but check if the action really needs it before you group.

    2) The multiboxers. Nothing to say here apart from go back to whichever pit of hell you came from.

    3) Treat everyone equally. It doesn't matter if you see your mate on their freep, or its someone that ganked you a few days ago - you should kill them both equally, being picky in terms of targets only related to their class and how squishy they are. Elite clubs on this server on either side discourage new players from joining, and we shouldn't discourage those who have entered the Moors from the first time from playing because they aren't part of the 'club'. In February, I started a warleader, because the action was so very one sided in the favour of the freeps that I realised that firstly, I wasn't getting any decent fights on my cappy, and secondly, from a rather more mercenary perspective, I wasn't going to be advancing towards r12 with action the way it was. I wasn't alone in this either - a bunch of others, like Moro and Embolo also jumped on to creepside to create balance. We joined raids and tribes, and tried to create decent action, which was helped by the arrival of Nuntii, Luxxi and Broxxoli, and the perseverance of Black Guard. Yet what drove me away from creepside was the fact that as soon as Creatures reappeared, the idea of working together ceased - there were two groups of creeps - those that were part of the club, and those that weren't. I've also spoken to several other creeps who feel as if they have been supplanted on their own server; those who abandoned it for Snowbourn, and those who had transferred for the first time had installed themselves at the top of the creep pecking order, and alienated the others. This cannot be good for creating decent action, especially if these 'factions' are apparent on both sides of the Moors.

    4) If you see 1v1s going on, and the participants are of relatively equivalent ranks, steer clear and let them fight. Obviously, if a high rank creep saw me hitting a greenie then they should feel free to wade in. But if a fight is going on where it seems the participants are equally matched, don't charge in if you presence will change the balance. Obviously this can't be adhered to all the time, but just keep it in mind.

    These things are increasingly important with the impending arrival of u13 - many freeps will be off to complete the new content and get first agers, and the mitigation changes, in addition to a bit of pimping of defiler healing and some other changes, means that balance will be changed once again. It is of course understandable to group up if you are a mid ranking creep who wouldn't stand a chance of taking down a freep solo, or if the action dictates that grouping is how you should play, but during the daytime particularly, I'd suggest to newly transferred creeps that you at least attempt soloing before you seek the support of others - the same, as always, goes for freeps too.
    - Taravan, R12 Captain - Tirian, Tanking Guardian - Telperon, Completionist LM -
    - Afranius, R9 WL - Tolobain, R7 Weaver - Vargan, R6 Stalker -

    Ex-Leader of Lost Realm of Imladris - Evernight - Co-Founder of Beauty and the Beasts

  4. #3679
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    359
    Quote Originally Posted by Tirian-Hammerfist View Post

    This afternoon when I logged on, a group comprised of Blackmambo, Talgroth, Immigrant and Steth were camping GV. This in itself is bad enough (personally I camp GV/Grams very rarely, though I can't say that I've never done it), but we'll skip over that for now. After a while enough freeps appeared to push the creeps away from GV, and the action moved to front TR. There I came face to face with Immigrant and Nuntii, and we started sparring. Half way through the first spar with Nuntii, Blackmambo starts shooting. A tad frustrating, especially from a decent-ranked BA, but I accepted the fact that he might not have known what was going on, so I came back and sparred Nuntii again. He won by a close margin, so obviously I was eager to come back and see if I could beat him. When I arrived back at TR, standing there jumping in front of Nuntii, I got attacked by two BAs, Talgroth and Blackmambo, in addition to two wargs, Vitalbite and Atriohm. While I understand the fact that front TR is not a sparring location, each of these players were of high enough rank to be able to tell what jumping up and down in front of a particular player means.
    So what if we camped GV?! Just last night after the raid battle the action suddenly went back to grams camp... This past week I've taken part in alot of grams camping action resulting in freeps farming the lower ranks. Yet when we do it its suddenly wrong? Despite the fact GV camp doesn't equal in the same amount of renown/infamy gains as the grams counter part.

    You know whats wrong? These Freavers suddenly appearing when the grams camping commences, yet they are nowhere to be seen once creeps pushes the freeps back away from grams. That's something really fishy.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tirian-Hammerfist View Post
    While this was going on, I noticed Mura fighting Talgroth 1v1 - Talgroth started to run away, and Mura finished him off, but then Blackmambo attacked while Mura was still on half health. I'm not sure what the etiquette is on the server where these particular players come from - but playing in this particular way, especially when Flembard (who I later realised was Lepakko, and thus part of the club) remained untouched, doesn't really seem to be decent action to me. Rather than sparring or full on pvp, it becomes a weird hybrid, with these transfers setting the rules and changing them whenever they feel like it. After the sparring, this bunch of approximately 8 creeps stood outside TR, killing anything that came vaguely within range.
    Again you got the facts way wrong, Mura attacked me out of nowhere, it wasn't a spar... Yet I tried to fight back, but it ended up spamming heals. There is just no way a BA can counter that. So we did nothing wrong as it wasn't a spar to begging with.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tirian-Hammerfist View Post

    So, my main problems with this type of behaviour in the Moors:

    1) Most of the transferred creeps don't seem to be solo. There are of course exceptions to these rules, but as a general rule it appears that the higher ranked a creep is, the more friends that they will bring with them. I certainly haven't always soloed, but I am making more of a point to do so recently, both because its more fun, and also because its more satisfying to do so. Its also irritating watching a creep of equivalent rank to you that you could have a decent, equal fight with always rolling around with others. I know that playing with kinnies/tribe members is fun, but check if the action really needs it before you group.
    So basically you're just upset because the transfers aren't the usual easy kills that you've getting used to? Why don't you try to work around it instead of bitching? Personally I do solo on my RK alot because its effective. One cannot say the same about most creep classes.


    How in the hell can a couple of transfers effect the action in the manner that you describe it? They are simply a minority, if they effect you so much maybe its time to practice more?

    Times have changed, You've enjoyed farming freavers at grams for far to long It's time for some PVPing! Personally I consider it a compliment if we (the transfers) has such a great impact on the pvp, despite the fact that we are an minority. Thank you Taravan

    Also, take note that we started pvping on this server, you do know that don't you? So us being "transfers" isn't really part of the problem...
    Last edited by D3str0yer; Apr 08 2014 at 12:00 PM.
    [B]What We Do In Life, Echoes in Eternity - [/B][URL]http://archive.lotrocommunity.eu/monsterplay-player-vs-player-combat-624/422337-ultimate-evernight-thread-evernight-strikes-back.html[/URL][B]
    Blitzz Krieg R13 RK - Talgasn R11 Reaver -Talgroth R10 BA Evernight![/B]

  5. #3680
    Quote Originally Posted by Tirian-Hammerfist View Post
    There is something very wrong happening to our server. There have been elite 'clubs' formed before (such as the 'evil' chat channel), but I don't think its ever been this bad. To clarify, I'm not saying that its a bad thing that there are high rank creeps on our server - that's a good thing, and something I can appreciate both as a freep and a creep. However, the problem arises when those who fled from our server, pursuing 'better action' return to it and seek to impose upon our server the terrible state of affairs that they were responsible for causing in the first place.

    Let me put this as clearly as I can - transfer creeps left Evernight due to bad action. After they left, the action improved. Snowbourn, where they ended up, became worse. They return to Evernight, where action was at its peak, yet with their return, it began to decline again. Does anyone see a unifying factor? If it was just Creatures returning to the server that they deserted, I think most people wouldn't have minded - for instance when the first wave of Fifty Shades of Sauron transferred to Evernight, they helped bolster Black Guard's leadership of the creeps on our server and create some good action. Yet since then we've been seeing many more people transfer who are all desperate to get a piece of the action.

    Yet the balance in the Moors is very easily upset. I'm not particularly talking about in raid v raid action, which plays out depending on the numbers of players, skill of players and capability of the raid leader. My issue is with the action during the daytime. It tends to be the case that there are far fewer freeps on during the mornings and early afternoons than there are creeps, and as such the map is painted red and any attempt to fight back against it is squashed. Yet the weirdest part of this relates to something Thingo mentioned in his most recent post - the idea that some players leave others be because they are part of the club.

    This afternoon when I logged on, a group comprised of Blackmambo, Talgroth, Immigrant and Steth were camping GV. This in itself is bad enough (personally I camp GV/Grams very rarely, though I can't say that I've never done it), but we'll skip over that for now. After a while enough freeps appeared to push the creeps away from GV, and the action moved to front TR. There I came face to face with Immigrant and Nuntii, and we started sparring. Half way through the first spar with Nuntii, Blackmambo starts shooting. A tad frustrating, especially from a decent-ranked BA, but I accepted the fact that he might not have known what was going on, so I came back and sparred Nuntii again. He won by a close margin, so obviously I was eager to come back and see if I could beat him. When I arrived back at TR, standing there jumping in front of Nuntii, I got attacked by two BAs, Talgroth and Blackmambo, in addition to two wargs, Vitalbite and Atriohm. While I understand the fact that front TR is not a sparring location, each of these players were of high enough rank to be able to tell what jumping up and down in front of a particular player means.

    While this was going on, I noticed Mura fighting Talgroth 1v1 - Talgroth started to run away, and Mura finished him off, but then Blackmambo attacked while Mura was still on half health. I'm not sure what the etiquette is on the server where these particular players come from - but playing in this particular way, especially when Flembard (who I later realised was Lepakko, and thus part of the club) remained untouched, doesn't really seem to be decent action to me. Rather than sparring or full on pvp, it becomes a weird hybrid, with these transfers setting the rules and changing them whenever they feel like it. After the sparring, this bunch of approximately 8 creeps stood outside TR, killing anything that came vaguely within range.

    So, my main problems with this type of behaviour in the Moors:

    1) Most of the transferred creeps don't seem to be solo. There are of course exceptions to these rules, but as a general rule it appears that the higher ranked a creep is, the more friends that they will bring with them. I certainly haven't always soloed, but I am making more of a point to do so recently, both because its more fun, and also because its more satisfying to do so. Its also irritating watching a creep of equivalent rank to you that you could have a decent, equal fight with always rolling around with others. I know that playing with kinnies/tribe members is fun, but check if the action really needs it before you group.

    2) The multiboxers. Nothing to say here apart from go back to whichever pit of hell you came from.

    3) Treat everyone equally. It doesn't matter if you see your mate on their freep, or its someone that ganked you a few days ago - you should kill them both equally, being picky in terms of targets only related to their class and how squishy they are. Elite clubs on this server on either side discourage new players from joining, and we shouldn't discourage those who have entered the Moors from the first time from playing because they aren't part of the 'club'. In February, I started a warleader, because the action was so very one sided in the favour of the freeps that I realised that firstly, I wasn't getting any decent fights on my cappy, and secondly, from a rather more mercenary perspective, I wasn't going to be advancing towards r12 with action the way it was. I wasn't alone in this either - a bunch of others, like Moro and Embolo also jumped on to creepside to create balance. We joined raids and tribes, and tried to create decent action, which was helped by the arrival of Nuntii, Luxxi and Broxxoli, and the perseverance of Black Guard. Yet what drove me away from creepside was the fact that as soon as Creatures reappeared, the idea of working together ceased - there were two groups of creeps - those that were part of the club, and those that weren't. I've also spoken to several other creeps who feel as if they have been supplanted on their own server; those who abandoned it for Snowbourn, and those who had transferred for the first time had installed themselves at the top of the creep pecking order, and alienated the others. This cannot be good for creating decent action, especially if these 'factions' are apparent on both sides of the Moors.

    4) If you see 1v1s going on, and the participants are of relatively equivalent ranks, steer clear and let them fight. Obviously, if a high rank creep saw me hitting a greenie then they should feel free to wade in. But if a fight is going on where it seems the participants are equally matched, don't charge in if you presence will change the balance. Obviously this can't be adhered to all the time, but just keep it in mind.

    These things are increasingly important with the impending arrival of u13 - many freeps will be off to complete the new content and get first agers, and the mitigation changes, in addition to a bit of pimping of defiler healing and some other changes, means that balance will be changed once again. It is of course understandable to group up if you are a mid ranking creep who wouldn't stand a chance of taking down a freep solo, or if the action dictates that grouping is how you should play, but during the daytime particularly, I'd suggest to newly transferred creeps that you at least attempt soloing before you seek the support of others - the same, as always, goes for freeps too.

    https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/i...5KduROv8qxIgRB

    You are hereby awarded a primetime Emmy award for outstanding writing in a drama post!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/29219010000123e7e/signature.png]Daec[/charsig]

  6. #3681
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Disneyland
    Posts
    509
    Quote Originally Posted by Tirian-Hammerfist View Post
    There is something very wrong happening to our server. There have been elite 'clubs' formed before (such as the 'evil' chat channel), but I don't think its ever been this bad. To clarify, I'm not saying that its a bad thing that there are high rank creeps on our server - that's a good thing, and something I can appreciate both as a freep and a creep. However, the problem arises when those who fled from our server, pursuing 'better action' return to it and seek to impose upon our server the terrible state of affairs that they were responsible for causing in the first place.

    Let me put this as clearly as I can - transfer creeps left Evernight due to bad action. After they left, the action improved. Snowbourn, where they ended up, became worse. They return to Evernight, where action was at its peak, yet with their return, it began to decline again. Does anyone see a unifying factor? If it was just Creatures returning to the server that they deserted, I think most people wouldn't have minded - for instance when the first wave of Fifty Shades of Sauron transferred to Evernight, they helped bolster Black Guard's leadership of the creeps on our server and create some good action. Yet since then we've been seeing many more people transfer who are all desperate to get a piece of the action.

    Yet the balance in the Moors is very easily upset. I'm not particularly talking about in raid v raid action, which plays out depending on the numbers of players, skill of players and capability of the raid leader. My issue is with the action during the daytime. It tends to be the case that there are far fewer freeps on during the mornings and early afternoons than there are creeps, and as such the map is painted red and any attempt to fight back against it is squashed. Yet the weirdest part of this relates to something Thingo mentioned in his most recent post - the idea that some players leave others be because they are part of the club.

    This afternoon when I logged on, a group comprised of Blackmambo, Talgroth, Immigrant and Steth were camping GV. This in itself is bad enough (personally I camp GV/Grams very rarely, though I can't say that I've never done it), but we'll skip over that for now. After a while enough freeps appeared to push the creeps away from GV, and the action moved to front TR. There I came face to face with Immigrant and Nuntii, and we started sparring. Half way through the first spar with Nuntii, Blackmambo starts shooting. A tad frustrating, especially from a decent-ranked BA, but I accepted the fact that he might not have known what was going on, so I came back and sparred Nuntii again. He won by a close margin, so obviously I was eager to come back and see if I could beat him. When I arrived back at TR, standing there jumping in front of Nuntii, I got attacked by two BAs, Talgroth and Blackmambo, in addition to two wargs, Vitalbite and Atriohm. While I understand the fact that front TR is not a sparring location, each of these players were of high enough rank to be able to tell what jumping up and down in front of a particular player means.

    While this was going on, I noticed Mura fighting Talgroth 1v1 - Talgroth started to run away, and Mura finished him off, but then Blackmambo attacked while Mura was still on half health. I'm not sure what the etiquette is on the server where these particular players come from - but playing in this particular way, especially when Flembard (who I later realised was Lepakko, and thus part of the club) remained untouched, doesn't really seem to be decent action to me. Rather than sparring or full on pvp, it becomes a weird hybrid, with these transfers setting the rules and changing them whenever they feel like it. After the sparring, this bunch of approximately 8 creeps stood outside TR, killing anything that came vaguely within range.

    So, my main problems with this type of behaviour in the Moors:

    1) Most of the transferred creeps don't seem to be solo. There are of course exceptions to these rules, but as a general rule it appears that the higher ranked a creep is, the more friends that they will bring with them. I certainly haven't always soloed, but I am making more of a point to do so recently, both because its more fun, and also because its more satisfying to do so. Its also irritating watching a creep of equivalent rank to you that you could have a decent, equal fight with always rolling around with others. I know that playing with kinnies/tribe members is fun, but check if the action really needs it before you group.

    2) The multiboxers. Nothing to say here apart from go back to whichever pit of hell you came from.

    3) Treat everyone equally. It doesn't matter if you see your mate on their freep, or its someone that ganked you a few days ago - you should kill them both equally, being picky in terms of targets only related to their class and how squishy they are. Elite clubs on this server on either side discourage new players from joining, and we shouldn't discourage those who have entered the Moors from the first time from playing because they aren't part of the 'club'. In February, I started a warleader, because the action was so very one sided in the favour of the freeps that I realised that firstly, I wasn't getting any decent fights on my cappy, and secondly, from a rather more mercenary perspective, I wasn't going to be advancing towards r12 with action the way it was. I wasn't alone in this either - a bunch of others, like Moro and Embolo also jumped on to creepside to create balance. We joined raids and tribes, and tried to create decent action, which was helped by the arrival of Nuntii, Luxxi and Broxxoli, and the perseverance of Black Guard. Yet what drove me away from creepside was the fact that as soon as Creatures reappeared, the idea of working together ceased - there were two groups of creeps - those that were part of the club, and those that weren't. I've also spoken to several other creeps who feel as if they have been supplanted on their own server; those who abandoned it for Snowbourn, and those who had transferred for the first time had installed themselves at the top of the creep pecking order, and alienated the others. This cannot be good for creating decent action, especially if these 'factions' are apparent on both sides of the Moors.

    4) If you see 1v1s going on, and the participants are of relatively equivalent ranks, steer clear and let them fight. Obviously, if a high rank creep saw me hitting a greenie then they should feel free to wade in. But if a fight is going on where it seems the participants are equally matched, don't charge in if you presence will change the balance. Obviously this can't be adhered to all the time, but just keep it in mind.

    These things are increasingly important with the impending arrival of u13 - many freeps will be off to complete the new content and get first agers, and the mitigation changes, in addition to a bit of pimping of defiler healing and some other changes, means that balance will be changed once again. It is of course understandable to group up if you are a mid ranking creep who wouldn't stand a chance of taking down a freep solo, or if the action dictates that grouping is how you should play, but during the daytime particularly, I'd suggest to newly transferred creeps that you at least attempt soloing before you seek the support of others - the same, as always, goes for freeps too.
    http://i.imgur.com/PKFxws5.gif
    [CENTER][B][COLOR=#cc0099]Jinxycat [/COLOR][/B][B]|[COLOR=#cc0099] Spinnerette
    [/COLOR][COLOR=#00ffff][SIZE=1][B]Inept Officer [/B][/SIZE][/COLOR][SIZE=1][B]|[/B][/SIZE][COLOR=#00ffff][SIZE=1][B] Creatures of the Fiery Kind[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]
    [/CENTER]

  7. #3682
    Well written post Tara. Some good points mentioned.

  8. #3683
    Creeps raiding again for no reason, gzzz :'). Good to see the transfers are ruining our server, thanks!
    [center][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/222190000000173ea/01007/signature.png]undefined[/charsig][/center]

  9. #3684
    Quote Originally Posted by D3str0yer View Post
    The vast majority of the transfers were born and bread on Evernight before you were lvl 10 Likewise the majority of the transfers does not play Reaver as their main class... Get your facts right

    Lols i been here since the start you mushroom, yea i had a mini without warpeech remember them days

  10. #3685
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,037
    Quote Originally Posted by minnimeepouch View Post
    Lols i been here since the start you mushroom, yea i had a mini without warpeech remember them days
    Everyone remembers Minnimee
    - Taravan, R12 Captain - Tirian, Tanking Guardian - Telperon, Completionist LM -
    - Afranius, R9 WL - Tolobain, R7 Weaver - Vargan, R6 Stalker -

    Ex-Leader of Lost Realm of Imladris - Evernight - Co-Founder of Beauty and the Beasts

  11. #3686
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,037
    Quote Originally Posted by laphorrr View Post
    Creeps raiding again for no reason, gzzz :'). Good to see the transfers are ruining our server, thanks!
    Valdez is raiding because of me it seems - I'm honoured that my words could have such an effect on him. I told him that Creatures weren't welcoming to other creeps, so he puts up a full raid. Faultless logic - aside from the fact that he didn't quite understand the principle that raids should only occur when action demands it, and the same should apply to Creatures' GV ganking groups.

    Oh, and cheers Pan
    - Taravan, R12 Captain - Tirian, Tanking Guardian - Telperon, Completionist LM -
    - Afranius, R9 WL - Tolobain, R7 Weaver - Vargan, R6 Stalker -

    Ex-Leader of Lost Realm of Imladris - Evernight - Co-Founder of Beauty and the Beasts

  12. #3687
    Quote Originally Posted by D3str0yer View Post

    Times have changed, You've enjoyed farming freavers at grams for far to long It's time for some PVPing! Personally I consider it a compliment if we (the transfers) has such a great impact on the pvp, despite the fact that we are an minority. Thank you Taravan

    Also, take note that we started pvping on this server, you do know that don't you? So us being "transfers" isn't really part of the problem...
    Hi there, you seemed like a decent enough guy on OOC, but it seems, as often is the case, that on forums with more time to think, people think too much!

    In like a time span of three weeks around 20, might be more, new experienced mid-high rank pvp'ers transferred to EN - a low population server (low pvp population as well), and they all like to play with eachother in groups because they are, I guess, friends. Teaparties are not allowed, but for some exceptions and they all seem to be in the same kin. That's fine. But to say that you are a minority and that it is surprising that you have such an impact on pvp on EN is just silly mate.

    You argue that you started pvp'ing on this server. How has this anything to do with anything with the current pvp on EN? Some of the recent transfers have been gone for years.

    You make a good point though; I, for one, like that the recent transfers are not faceroll material. It's just a shame that these "time changing" creeps coming with the message of "it's time for some pvp'ing!" enjoy playing in groups more than is necessary perhaps. Prior to these transfers I mostly played creep, but now I find myself playing freep much more.

    I was r5 when rodin was r2 btw, so no condescending comments please!
    GUARDIAN

    I AM CRED

  13. #3688
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,037
    Quote Originally Posted by D3str0yer View Post
    So what if we camped GV?! Just last night after the raid battle the action suddenly went back to grams camp... This past week I've taken part in alot of grams camping action resulting in freeps farming the lower ranks. Yet when we do it its suddenly wrong? Despite the fact GV camp doesn't equal in the same amount of renown/infamy gains as the grams counter part.
    GV/Grams camping is wrong whichever side does it - I'm sure if you scroll up you can see a post of mine lamenting the fact that freeps were doing it.

    Quote Originally Posted by D3str0yer View Post
    You know whats wrong? These Freavers suddenly appearing when the grams camping commences, yet they are nowhere to be seen once creeps pushes the freeps back away from grams. That's something really fishy.
    That is very wrong, and whoever it is that produces them should be ashamed. But not sure that detracts from the rest of the post.

    Quote Originally Posted by D3str0yer View Post
    Again you got the facts way wrong, Mura attacked me out of nowhere, it wasn't a spar... Yet I tried to fight back, but it ended up spamming heals. There is just no way a BA can counter that. So we did nothing wrong as it wasn't a spar to begging with.
    I'm not really sure why you bothered to group in the beginning to be honest - if you're gonna do something as disgraceful as camp GV/Grams, at least be solo while doing it.


    Quote Originally Posted by D3str0yer View Post
    So basically you're just upset because the transfers aren't the usual easy kills that you've getting used to? Why don't you try to work around it instead of bitching? Personally I do solo on my RK alot because its effective. One cannot say the same about most creep classes.
    I don't mind getting killed. I know its an unusual thing to hear from a freep, but its the truth. What I don't like doing is constantly returning to the same spot and feeding creeps who I have no chance of killing - I apply the same principle when I'm on creepside. Its true that some creep classes aren't effective solo, but wargs, reavers and BAs above a certain rank are.


    Quote Originally Posted by D3str0yer View Post
    How in the hell can a couple of transfers effect the action in the manner that you describe it? They are simply a minority, if they effect you so much maybe its time to practice more?

    Times have changed, You've enjoyed farming freavers at grams for far to long It's time for some PVPing! Personally I consider it a compliment if we (the transfers) has such a great impact on the pvp, despite the fact that we are an minority. Thank you Taravan

    Also, take note that we started pvping on this server, you do know that don't you? So us being "transfers" isn't really part of the problem...
    I'm not sure I'd describe the numbers of creeps that were present at TR today as a minority - at that point I had the outnumbered buff. I made clear that I was talking about a specific part of the day in my post above. I don't mind being outnumbered either, as long as there's a chance that I'll get a kill. Raids tend to get disbanded when they have the overwhelming advantage, because constantly killing the same people over and over again without any challenge isn't fun. That's why I rarely camp Grams or GV. The same principle should be applied to tribe groups who can't be contended with. Do you not get bored killing the same person repeatedly without even a whiff of challenge?

    And the fact that you started on this server has little bearing on events now - you gave up on the server, don't expect us to welcome you when you come crawling back. The problem isn't that you came from another server - the problem is the way in which you play, as I described above.
    - Taravan, R12 Captain - Tirian, Tanking Guardian - Telperon, Completionist LM -
    - Afranius, R9 WL - Tolobain, R7 Weaver - Vargan, R6 Stalker -

    Ex-Leader of Lost Realm of Imladris - Evernight - Co-Founder of Beauty and the Beasts

  14. #3689
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    857
    Quote Originally Posted by Tirian-Hammerfist View Post
    Valdez is raiding because of me it seems - I'm honoured that my words could have such an effect on him. I told him that Creatures weren't welcoming to other creeps, so he puts up a full raid. Faultless logic - aside from the fact that he didn't quite understand the principle that raids should only occur when action demands it, and the same should apply to Creatures' GV ganking groups.

    Oh, and cheers Pan

    But its ok to raid up when theres solo creeps only? or, did i miss a point?


    Just living up to freep expectations!


    The original Valdez

  15. #3690
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    857
    So, its a bad thing when creeps are at GV?
    But when grams gets camped, its just fine right? Don't see you scolding anyone here for sitting at grams?


    The original Valdez

  16. #3691
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,037
    Quote Originally Posted by Faildget View Post
    oh, and its a bad thing, when theres people at GV? but its ok to get 5 months of grams camp?
    Once again, you are guilty of not reading what was written. Grams camp and GV camp are equally bad. Just because one happens, does not justify the other - unless you believe in the whole 'eye for an eye' type of justice, which is rather medieval.

    And as far as I could see, there was no freep raid when you raided up - just before I logged out, I went to DG to hand in some dailies, and at that point I saw the message that Mich had taken the relic. I hid in the corner to avoid being zerged by the raid that creep OOC had claimed was there, but there was only Garra, Mich and Bullrog. So essentially you were raiding up against nothing.
    - Taravan, R12 Captain - Tirian, Tanking Guardian - Telperon, Completionist LM -
    - Afranius, R9 WL - Tolobain, R7 Weaver - Vargan, R6 Stalker -

    Ex-Leader of Lost Realm of Imladris - Evernight - Co-Founder of Beauty and the Beasts

  17. #3692
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    857
    I know, i raided up, invited lowranks as you wanted and went on full freep mode.

    I told my raid, that if there is freeps, in a group, we will avoid then and only kill soloers.

    No deaths and pure easy inf was our goal, we achieved it..

    Now i know how freeps make their 60k renown a day. And it felt disgusting.
    After Mich combatlogged or got banned from his/hers/its exploiting of the relic, i disbanded it.


    The original Valdez

  18. #3693
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,037
    Quote Originally Posted by Faildget View Post
    I know, i raided up, invited lowranks as you wanted and went on full freep mode.

    I told my raid, that if there is freeps, in a group, we will avoid then and only kill soloers.

    No deaths and pure easy inf was our goal, we achieved it..

    Now i know how freeps make their 60k renown a day. And it felt disgusting.
    After Mich combatlogged or got banned from his/hers/its exploiting of the relic, i disbanded it.
    I should have known better than attempt to reason with you - I still remember when you logged on to your captain in order to prevent freeps from taking drake by dancing on the eggs at drake, and forcing aggro from the middle boss. Expecting reason from someone who thinks that's a good plan was foolish of me.
    - Taravan, R12 Captain - Tirian, Tanking Guardian - Telperon, Completionist LM -
    - Afranius, R9 WL - Tolobain, R7 Weaver - Vargan, R6 Stalker -

    Ex-Leader of Lost Realm of Imladris - Evernight - Co-Founder of Beauty and the Beasts

  19. #3694
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    857
    You must confuse me with Garra and Ked.


    The original Valdez

  20. #3695
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,037
    Quote Originally Posted by Faildget View Post
    You must confuse me with Garra and Ked.
    Unless they changed their names to Annicar, then changed it back, solely for the purpose of doing that, I don't think I did.
    - Taravan, R12 Captain - Tirian, Tanking Guardian - Telperon, Completionist LM -
    - Afranius, R9 WL - Tolobain, R7 Weaver - Vargan, R6 Stalker -

    Ex-Leader of Lost Realm of Imladris - Evernight - Co-Founder of Beauty and the Beasts

  21. #3696
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    857
    Anyways. I did not come back here to argue with people.

    If you want to use me as the escapegoat for lack of skills/will to fight or channel your overall bad mood, be my guest.

    my carecup is empty for certain freeps.

    So don't expect any replys from now on.


    The original Valdez

  22. #3697
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,037
    Quote Originally Posted by Faildget View Post
    Anyways. I did not come back here to argue with people.

    If you want to use me as the escapegoat for lack of skills/will to fight or channel your overall bad mood, be my guest.

    my carecup is empty for certain freeps.

    So don't expect any replys from now on.
    You didn't become a scapegoat until you presented yourself as the defender of the behaviour I was criticising. The only reason that I bother to make long forum posts such as the one above is that I want to see action which allows me to improve my skill at my class - that's why the emphasise in my post is on solo play, which truly tests that ability. Killing greenies, while it may happen, does not allow me to do that, and as such is not the sort of action I prefer. I'm not the same frequenter of fraids that I used to be, and the whole point of playing a red captain (thanks to advice from creeps and freeps) is to learn how to play it solo to the best of my ability.
    - Taravan, R12 Captain - Tirian, Tanking Guardian - Telperon, Completionist LM -
    - Afranius, R9 WL - Tolobain, R7 Weaver - Vargan, R6 Stalker -

    Ex-Leader of Lost Realm of Imladris - Evernight - Co-Founder of Beauty and the Beasts

  23. #3698
    [QUOTE=Tirian-Hammerfist;7137647
    This afternoon when I logged on, a group comprised of Blackmambo, Talgroth, Immigrant and Steth were camping GV. This in itself is bad enough (personally I camp GV/Grams very rarely, though I can't say that I've never done it), but we'll skip over that for now. After a while enough freeps appeared to push the creeps away from GV, and the action moved to front TR. There I came face to face with Immigrant and Nuntii, and we started sparring. Half way through the first spar with Nuntii, Blackmambo starts shooting. A tad frustrating, especially from a decent-ranked BA, but I accepted the fact that he might not have known what was going on, so I came back and sparred Nuntii again. He won by a close margin, so obviously I was eager to come back and see if I could beat him. When I arrived back at TR, standing there jumping in front of Nuntii, I got attacked by two BAs, Talgroth and Blackmambo, in addition to two wargs, Vitalbite and Atriohm. While I understand the fact that front TR is not a sparring location, each of these players were of high enough rank to be able to tell what jumping up and down in front of a particular player means.
    [/QUOTE]

    Today I was on a safari, I walked to this group of cute little kittens :

    http://i62.tinypic.com/4izazr.jpg

    All of a sudden they started to attack me, what a surprise.
    ~ Chieftain Atriohm, Cotfk

  24. #3699
    + Taravan, you say we interrupt your obviously 1vs1 (spar).
    Can you watch this vid and tell me what happens at 2.30 minutes?


    http://youtu.be/7g0eWzxifj8
    ~ Chieftain Atriohm, Cotfk

  25. #3700
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,037
    Quote Originally Posted by Atriohm View Post
    + Taravan, you say we interrupt your obviously 1vs1 (spar).
    Can you watch this vid and tell me what happens at 2.30 minutes?


    http://youtu.be/7g0eWzxifj8
    Asfthryth OOCed for help, so I responded to the call. Just out of shot there are other creeps fighting, and as such it seemed to me to be a melee rather than 1v1. I don't claim to be perfect at interpreting what I see, rather I suggest that we should inspire to 1v1s as much as possible.

    And as for your picture of the lions, I think its having rather the opposite effect than what you intended, as they actually look rather sweet...
    - Taravan, R12 Captain - Tirian, Tanking Guardian - Telperon, Completionist LM -
    - Afranius, R9 WL - Tolobain, R7 Weaver - Vargan, R6 Stalker -

    Ex-Leader of Lost Realm of Imladris - Evernight - Co-Founder of Beauty and the Beasts

 

 
Page 148 of 164 FirstFirst ... 48 98 138 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 158 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload