We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 145 of 164 FirstFirst ... 45 95 135 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 155 ... LastLast
Results 3,601 to 3,625 of 4094
    Quote Originally Posted by iano12 View Post
    I personally think yellow line cpt is lame, being outnumbered or not. Back on snowbourn I would duo with a captain and despite being outnumbered he'd only ever be in red or blue. That's a line which holds potential that captains should check more often "Blue".
    As a high ranking reaver, I assume that you've fought captains 1v1 before. I'd be interested to hear if you've ever been beaten by one traited red since u12. I spar relatively frequently with Ahtaaja (r11 reaver) and in red I don't really stand a chance even when popping OB. In yellow, the result is closer to 50/50, depending on lucky impale devastates/ success of my early hits on him. Needless to mention that SoD and LS aren't used. Now, if I am facing a pile of high rank creeps (on Monday I think there was Valdez, Enco, Weewoo, Uss and a couple of others - each of whom could kill me solo - plus a few greenie followers), and they are grouped up against solo freeps (about 5 of us total, and I was the only green rank there, others were red and blue), should I go red just to give those creeps free infamy? I have never minded dying - I'm a melee class, it rather comes with the job - but if I'm not going to get a decent fight/some kills out of it, I don't think the death is worth it.

That's why in those circumstances I go yellow, and I'll stay in yellow vs any high rank creep because 1) high rank readers can destroy red cappies without breaking a sweat, 2) decent shadow wargs can have me half dead before the CC break comes into effect, and 3) with high rank defis and WLs, it just turns into a power-battle, which the captain inevitably looses. I try to play red as often as it is feasible, but in the circumstances explained above, there are times when red feels rather futile.
    - Taravan, R12 Captain - Tirian, Tanking Guardian - Tolvax, Champion - And others...
    - Afranius, R9 WL - Tolobain, R7 Weaver - Vargan, R6 Stalker -

Leader of Lost Realm of Imladris - Evernight - Co-Founder of Beauty and the Beasts

Such trolling, everyone knows that yellow line is the only line available to captains. Pfffft

One day my captain might make it over here, I've not played him since ROI much though.

I think that a Yellow Cappy is very lame (close to bug abusing) only when uses the "pull-everything-in-a-keep" method. Otherwise just ezmode.
    [CENTER][B]Commander Almeric[/B][I]
    Captain - Furia Italiana[/I]
    [B]Chieftain Almenakh
    [/B][I] Warg - Black Guard[/I]
    [/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by AlmericITA View Post
    Otherwise just ezmode.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't you mostly playing yellow when chasing r11 on your cappy?
    - Taravan, R12 Captain - Tirian, Tanking Guardian - Tolvax, Champion - And others...

Leader of Lost Realm of Imladris - Evernight - Co-Founder of Beauty and the Beasts

That don't change the fact that yellow cappy is very easy.
    If you prefer to call me ezmoder, you're welcome Not a problem for me.
    [B]Chieftain Almenakh
    [/CENTER]

That don't change the fact that yellow cappy is very easy.
    If you prefer to call me ezmoder, you're welcome Not a problem for me.
    I wasn't attempting to point the finger, rather I was aiming to establish that on some occasions, running as a yellow cappy is necessary, however 'ezmode' you may consider it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tirian-Hammerfist View Post
    As a high ranking reaver, I assume that you've fought captains 1v1 before. I'd be interested to hear if you've ever been beaten by one traited red since u12. I spar relatively frequently with Ahtaaja (r11 reaver) and in red I don't really stand a chance even when popping OB. In yellow, the result is closer to 50/50, depending on lucky impale devastates/ success of my early hits on him. Needless to mention that SoD and LS aren't used. Now, if I am facing a pile of high rank creeps (on Monday I think there was Valdez, Enco, Weewoo, Uss and a couple of others - each of whom could kill me solo - plus a few greenie followers), and they are grouped up against solo freeps (about 5 of us total, and I was the only green rank there, others were red and blue), should I go red just to give those creeps free infamy? I have never minded dying - I'm a melee class, it rather comes with the job - but if I'm not going to get a decent fight/some kills out of it, I don't think the death is worth it.

That's why in those circumstances I go yellow, and I'll stay in yellow vs any high rank creep because 1) high rank readers can destroy red cappies without breaking a sweat, 2) decent shadow wargs can have me half dead before the CC break comes into effect, and 3) with high rank defis and WLs, it just turns into a power-battle, which the captain inevitably looses. I try to play red as often as it is feasible, but in the circumstances explained above, there are times when red feels rather futile.
    To answer your question, yes I have been beaten in spars before by red line captains. Such as the one I mentioned earlier, whom I used to duo with, it's called exploring your class gearing it up appropriately and then fighting at full potential. No point claiming that yellow is the only route if you aren't anywhere near finished with your captain. And I'm afraid if defilers can kill you solo, you are doing something wrong, and rolling yellow and loosing dps certainly wont fix it.

If you wish sometime I'd like to help you understand what I mean, I look forward to speaking to you in-game and I hope you don't take any of this too personally, as it is only coming from my perspective and I will most definitely not always be fully correct or in fact correct at all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SxDbTUzGkw
    thats a very nice cappy soloing spars in red (yes yes be4 HD BUT it doesnt matter since he wasnt even healing himself and could beat every1 depending on crts ets) who goes fights and doesnt #####-out in yellow so he can be unkillable in solo and small groups, cause obviously in raids cappies never get focused due to heal, last stand etc.
    there is also a better cappy than sonki also, Lob, all red no yellow pussying who actually did work, didnt blame the game and kept fighting without even spamming heals (Kiisseli league)
    you are cappy, you are god mode in any line, dont be proud of yellow fooked up one its makes you look more fool (and supporting it in forum for wrong reasons doesnt help either.)

Quote Originally Posted by Evadar View Post
    That cappy asked few hours ago on Evernight FB page how is the action, thinking of transferring here.
    And Aso, please, comparing red cappy 85 and red cappy 95 is like comparing a pear and car. Don't create confusion please.

@Tar
    Calling me, specifically, while talking on how i use cappy looked like "finger pointing" to me Tar, but as i stated don't care much about labels.
    The role that a Ycappy have is indeed very useful, but unfortunately there's 2-3 things that makes that cappy very unbalanced (exemplar trait, Sotd cd very short,stackable inc heal buff...)
    with "ezmoding" i was trying to share this thought. Not a personal evaluation on someone
    [B]Chieftain Almenakh
    [/CENTER]

That cappy asked few hours ago on Evernight FB page how is the action, thinking of transferring here.
    And Aso, please, comparing red cappy 85 and red cappy 95 is like comparing a pear and car. Don't create confusion please.

@Tar
    Calling me, specifically, while talking on how i use cappy looked like "finger pointing" to me Tar, but as i stated don't care much about labels.
    The role that a Ycappy have is indeed very useful, but unfortunately there's 2-3 things that makes that cappy very unbalanced (exemplar trait, Sotd cd very short,stackable inc heal buff...)
    Just this.
    The comparison of a level 85 and 95 captain wasn't really well thought out as there are very big differences since then e.g the mitigation change, however https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=HpSmsPCABos this video shows a lvl 95 captain who does more than fine running in red.
    Last edited by iano12; Mar 26 2014 at 01:01 PM.

i know cause sonki is in my kin.
    i also know that they cant be compared but please dont say there is no chance to win a reaver, just step up your game to it. even be4 95 most cappies didnt have a chance to win without heal, but him and 1-2 others could

Quote Originally Posted by iano12 View Post
    To answer your question, yes I have been beaten in spars before by red line captains. Such as the one I mentioned earlier, whom I used to duo with, it's called exploring your class gearing it up appropriately and then fighting at full potential. No point claiming that yellow is the only route if you aren't anywhere near finished with your captain. And I'm afraid if defilers can kill you solo, you are doing something wrong, and rolling yellow and loosing dps certainly wont fix it.

If you wish sometime I'd like to help you understand what I mean, I look forward to speaking to you in-game and I hope you don't take any of this too personally, as it is only coming from my perspective and I will most definitely not always be fully correct or in fact correct at all.
    I'm definitely doing something rather wrong then when in red (which I'm happy to admit - my cappy has been rather untouched since u12 as I went to creepside to help out before all the transfers appeared). A defiler certainly can't kill me solo (other than Encornado), but I can't kill them either, and it turns into a war of attrition (in both specs, but its more apparent in red). I'd be interested to find out how the red captain that you played with managed to beat your reaver in a spar, as I've only ever managed to get Ahtaaja down to about 1/4 of his morale once, and other than that I've been far less successful. It'd be great to hear your thoughts in-game on the matter

Asotoula - as Almeric says, red cappy now and red cappy then are completely different and not worth comparing. I've a direct point of comparison in that I fought Ahtaaja 1v1 before and after u12 in red, and I was 75% successful before, and 0% successful afterwards. I'm willing to admit that's probably because I'm not making the most out of the current red line, however it should be acknowledged that red before was more survivable.

Almeric - I highlighted that you played yellow cappy because I see the word 'ezmoding' as implying that someone is choosing a line simply because they found it made the game easier for them, rather than other reasons. I was essentially asking what your personal reasons were for playing in that line, as having encountered you both on warg and cappy many times in the past, I found it difficult to believe that 'ezmoding' was the reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Evadar View Post
    i know cause sonki is in my kin.
    i also know that they cant be compared but please dont say there is no chance to win a reaver, just step up your game to it. even be4 95 most cappies didnt have a chance to win without heal, but him and 1-2 others could
    Just pointed out that the thing about comparison because was rather misleading. And it's already hard talking on forums, adding misleading information can only make it harder.
    I don't know him besides that video, but he probably an epic cappy. If something is easy for him, don't mean it's doable for everyone, even less for the vast majority of cappy players.

Furthermore i think that 1vs1 are useful to evaluate a player but our PvP is group based (even more for cappys) being a very good [any class] isn't just winning 1vs1s.

I hope to have him here soo to watching him closely ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Tirian-Hammerfist View Post
    Almeric - I highlighted that you played yellow cappy because I see the word 'ezmoding' as implying that someone is choosing a line simply because they found it made the game easier for them, rather than other reasons. I was essentially asking what your personal reasons were for playing in that line, as having encountered you both on warg and cappy many times in the past, I found it difficult to believe that 'ezmoding' was the reason.
    Sure Tar, i'm quite sure that we play yellow for the same reason -> usefulness in group playing compared to other lines. Not for be invincible or winning only by bashing head on the keyboard Unfortunately Turbine gave us this kind of cappy for group playing :\
    [B]Chieftain Almenakh
    [/CENTER]

the only misslead here is admiting yellow line is so brokken, then use it to feel godlike to harass and troll creeps hitting you.
    otherwise just dont say yellow is broken and use it, cause its cheating on purpose no matter how you want to present it.

Taravan, next time you see heph online, ask him if he is willing to share his build, its epic

The original Valdez

Quote Originally Posted by Faildget View Post
    Taravan, next time you see heph online, ask him if he is willing to share his build, its epic
    Yeah, I might do that

Quote Originally Posted by Remcosajax View Post
    ^^ How awesome is it, people become way to predictable. I am not bothering to reply anymore. Good luck flaming my actions on forum and in-game. xD
    just funny how friends suddenly becomes enemy lol
    GL moro soon R15 ?
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

—Oscar Wilde

Not by a mile....

Where are you dil? Playing hello kitty online to much?
    I have no idea about enemies, I am never bothering to fight someone for the "joy" of it.
    Morondomir the Formidable.
    Lore-master rank 14
    My renown: Today: 68.794
    Proud leader of Odyssey

So, just wondering, as I've never really seen it: at which time of the day is the action here? I'm asking because I consider transfering my entire character list.
    Feailuve - Aeviternus - Vesanus
    Brandywine

The important thing about life is the struggle, not the triumph... Said no winner ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Giliodor View Post
    So, just wondering, as I've never really seen it: at which time of the day is the action here? I'm asking because I consider transfering my entire character list.
    Is it secret, is it safe?

Action is usually best at the weekend between 3ish it starts to pick up imo then until whenever
    On weekdays it'll probably start around 3/4 as well and same again yet to a lesser extent.

Quote Originally Posted by Remcosajax View Post
    Not by a mile....

Where are you dil? Playing hello kitty online to much?
    I have no idea about enemies, I am never bothering to fight someone for the "joy" of it.
    haha :P im currently waiting for ESO cba playing lotro anymore the game sux to much.

—Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by Rapidash View Post
    haha :P im currently waiting for ESO cba playing lotro anymore the game sux to much.
    Dil book us a room, we can watch this together ------> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brokeback_Mountain

In regards to the above posts play what ever way you choose, red/yellow/blue/green/white/black who gives a flying feck tbh kill or be killed KABOOM
    [IMG]http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x22/thedoc1971/18d08621-0f10-47a0-a562-1f390494d615_zps2791e246.jpg[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by minnimeepouch View Post
    Dil book us a room, we can watch this together ------> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brokeback_Mountain

In regards to the above posts play what ever way you choose, red/yellow/blue/green/white/black who gives a flying feck tbh kill or be killed KABOOM
    will do is it any good movie ?

—Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by Rapidash View Post
    will do is it any good movie ?

Quote Originally Posted by Jaggahl View Post

what are you trying to tell ? i having hard time understanding you.
    get some lessons pls
    cheers :P

—Oscar Wilde

Page 145 of 164 FirstFirst ... 45 95 135 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 155 ... LastLast