We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 117 of 164 FirstFirst ... 17 67 107 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 127 ... LastLast
Results 2,901 to 2,925 of 4094
    Quote Originally Posted by Atriohm View Post
    Is it so hard to proof to creep side that you are a dedicated player and don't run to the other side every update? Do we need to allow every mongrel that doesn't follow rat and just smashes his buttons in our humble group?
    Replace eliteship with friendship and you will get the point.
    I've said something about elitism about 1 month ago here.

How can I prove to be a dedicated player if i'm new to moors? If i have no skills and nobody know me, what can i do?
    Playing alone with no comms, no audacity and no tribe looks like a real pain.
    Everyone is pissed when is in group with people that roam around the map alone and don't even know what rat is. Because everyone wants to make infamy, wants to rank up, have infamy buff up and don't want to waste them.
    Can be good in the short term but is not on the long run.

BG and Creatures usually don't accept low rank unknown players and tend to exclude people with active freep (close circle firend excluded).
    WS are a friendly and warm tribe that gives you always someone to group with, but don't give you a proper iter to follow for improving your skills.
    The rest are kin-to-tribe group or national groups where you can hardly enter if you aren't already in.

I spoke some weeks ago with Shadenevia\Rockindude about the need of a "middle" tribe and if i've understood well he was planning to create one with his warg (i've helped him providing some names like "on another server I'm a Tyrant" or "I'm a creep I'm a weirdo" or "School of Rock" lolz) but looks like nothing happened :\
    Or a "new player quota" in some tribes can be even good

Looking a bit further into distance, the life of a new player in creepside isn't properly easy and creepside needs dedicated players for the future months

I hope that my words can stay outside any forum fights since nobody is pointing the finger to someone else, just trying to find the best way to enjoy the game since all is related
    More dedicated creep -> more action -> more freep -> even more action -> action bring more players -> turbine will notice the increased population -> new pvmp map -> everybody happy! (more or less )
    [CENTER][B]Commander Almeric[/B][I]
    Captain - Furia Italiana[/I]
    [B]Chieftain Almenakh
    [/B][I] Warg - Black Guard[/I]
    [/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Maz-Thewhitehand View Post
    Why infamous Jag? For what reason.
    Do not ask me, ask the orphans of norbogs that dwell in the waters calm of Tol Ascarnen

Defs and Wls been crying again it seems...........

Burglar
    Addle and Improved Addle's cooldown has been increased to 20s, up from 15s.

Back to the old 180spin interupt :s

Quote Originally Posted by AlmericITA View Post
    I've said something about elitism about 1 month ago here.

How can I prove to be a dedicated player if i'm new to moors? If i have no skills and nobody know me, what can i do?
    Playing alone with no comms, no audacity and no tribe looks like a real pain.
    Everyone is pissed when is in group with people that roam around the map alone and don't even know what rat is. Because everyone wants to make infamy, wants to rank up, have infamy buff up and don't want to waste them.
    Can be good in the short term but is not on the long run.

BG and Creatures usually don't accept low rank unknown players and tend to exclude people with active freep (close circle firend excluded).
    WS are a friendly and warm tribe that gives you always someone to group with, but don't give you a proper iter to follow for improving your skills.
    The rest are kin-to-tribe group or national groups where you can hardly enter if you aren't already in.

I spoke some weeks ago with Shadenevia\Rockindude about the need of a "middle" tribe and if i've understood well he was planning to create one with his warg (i've helped him providing some names like "on another server I'm a Tyrant" or "I'm a creep I'm a weirdo" or "School of Rock" lolz) but looks like nothing happened :\
    Or a "new player quota" in some tribes can be even good

Looking a bit further into distance, the life of a new player in creepside isn't properly easy and creepside needs dedicated players for the future months

I hope that my words can stay outside any forum fights since nobody is pointing the finger to someone else, just trying to find the best way to enjoy the game since all is related
    More dedicated creep -> more action -> more freep -> even more action -> action bring more players -> turbine will notice the increased population -> new pvmp map -> everybody happy! (more or less )
    Almeric has explained here with eloquence that which I could not find the words to express politely. +rep
    - Taravan, R12 Captain - Tirian, Tanking Guardian - Telperon, Completionist LM -
    - Afranius, R9 WL - Tolobain, R7 Weaver - Vargan, R6 Stalker -

Ex-Leader of Lost Realm of Imladris - Evernight - Co-Founder of Beauty and the Beasts

Hola guys

Sad news for freeps good news for creeps, i will take an etten vacation, break. I might be playing lotro in pve but i'm tired of pvp. I got 2 vacations planned irl and i'm bussy with other stuff too.

When i came back from france i noticed i lost the fire, the trhill to go pvp. It's just too easy, there is no creeps who can surprise me or can trhill me. I come online and it feels like the same boring routine. Warboon, Valdes, Kacu, Moron it makes no difference, there all predicatble and boring. Even when i try not my hardest there is just no flickering there (only insector sometimes could surprise me). The real action is shamefully here on the forums. All we do ingame is farm ranking and i admit it before i went to france out of boredness i was trying my hard too.

But now meh i had some spare money and i used to to book 2 more vacations with some friends. I won't leave lotro i will still pve and &&&& but i won't be in ettens anymore and it is even more boring then pve. and truely thaths a real bad sign. Maybe with the new update ettens will be intresting again, wich i doubt. so for the trhill and action i will go for fps and go sniper mode again.

Kisses and hugs Evelien the Evil

Quote Originally Posted by pattt View Post
    Hola guys

Sad news for freeps good news for creeps, i will take an etten vacation, break. I might be playing lotro in pve but i'm tired of pvp. I got 2 vacations planned irl and i'm bussy with other stuff too.

When i came back from france i noticed i lost the fire, the trhill to go pvp. It's just too easy, there is no creeps who can surprise me or can trhill me. I come online and it feels like the same boring routine. Warboon, Valdes, Kacu, Moron it makes no difference, there all predicatble and boring. Even when i try not my hardest there is just no flickering there (only insector sometimes could surprise me). The real action is shamefully here on the forums. All we do ingame is farm ranking and i admit it before i went to france out of boredness i was trying my hard too.

But now meh i had some spare money and i used to to book 2 more vacations with some friends. I won't leave lotro i will still pve and &&&& but i won't be in ettens anymore and it is even more boring then pve. and truely thaths a real bad sign. Maybe with the new update ettens will be intresting again, wich i doubt. so for the trhill and action i will go for fps and go sniper mode again.

Right. Because you were the one who brought all the excitement to the moors with your mindless zombie zergs. And now it'll be one big boredom pit. Ego much?

Have fun though.

Quote Originally Posted by bosty View Post
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...WizardOfOz.jpg
    *cackle*
    [CENTER][B][COLOR=#cc0099]Jinxycat [/COLOR][/B][B]|[COLOR=#cc0099] Spinnerette
    [/COLOR][COLOR=#00ffff][SIZE=1][B]Inept Officer [/B][/SIZE][/COLOR][SIZE=1][B]|[/B][/SIZE][COLOR=#00ffff][SIZE=1][B] Creatures of the Fiery Kind[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]
    [/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Tarenius View Post
    Thanks for the spars, they were fun.
    As for the ganking, it's not really necessary. People do lame stuff all the time in spars (like heal spamming minstrels/LMs/wardens, who are essentially impossible to beat unless they're really bad)
    Tbh i need to learn a bit more about the spar !

LM can't use WL cause is OP ? or can use only few time ? Or what ?
    Tbh I think the "spar rule" are patetic.
    I saw all time people spar with 5% damage hope scroll food pots etc ...
    That's ok ? :S
    For me at last spar it's good for learn but it's really hard some time understand what is "the rule"
    Usually i don't use council and i leave reaver to use sprint ... i don't start with 2 or 3 WL stack ... i start to use WL when spar start.
    But versus reaver it's easy die with enough crit. Else i think I'm a really bad LM

For me the only spar rule that matters is the following :

You target the player you want to spar, you jump, you wait for the person to target you and jump back and then you go to the side to have your spar. Then you can spar the way you want, use all the WL you want, all the pots whatever.. If your opponent don't like that he can Always choose to not spar you again and that's that.

I run around buffed all the time, also in spar zone, is that okay? I don't challenge people, i just stand there and people can see what buffs i'm running. If they then still want to spar me and challenge me then sure but it's up to them

meep meep!
    [CENTER]Meernakh Daggerfoot / Meery & Meepsy Meep

[b]Meep Meep![/b][/CENTER]

Only spar rule i tend to use is no skills eith cd more then 5min. Its old but its what i go with. I might use against tje odds against minis if they spam selfheals or lm's that spam wl and use wotc. Oh and no morale/power pots.
    Its all about the challenge for me, but like Meery said, spar like you want, everyone has the right to choose whom they spar or don't!

The original Valdez

Quote Originally Posted by Guiwinner View Post
    Tbh i need to learn a bit more about the spar !

LM can't use WL cause is OP ? or can use only few time ? Or what ?
    Tbh I think the "spar rule" are patetic.
    I saw all time people spar with 5% damage hope scroll food pots etc ...
    That's ok ? :S
    For me at last spar it's good for learn but it's really hard some time understand what is "the rule"
    Usually i don't use council and i leave reaver to use sprint ... i don't start with 2 or 3 WL stack ... i start to use WL when spar start.
    But versus reaver it's easy die with enough crit. Else i think I'm a really bad LM
    The point is that a LM with good gear that spams WL cannot lose barring some insane string of crits (which happens once in a blue moon). The same thing applies to minstrels that overly self heal (good minstrels like Kiisseli still win at least 50% of their fights with no self heals at all except pure hots) and wardens that spar in determination. There's no "rule" against it, if you want to play like that you can, but don't expect many people to spar you more than once. Morondomir was sparring without WL yesterday and had a pretty good success rate, I'd say our spars were about 50/50. Quite a few LMs on Snow do the same thing.

As far as I'm concerned "no cds longer than 5m and no pots" doesn't work any more, the game has changed a lot since that was generally agreed upon. It differs between classes... Some (mostly creeps) can use a few cooldowns and still have fair fights, others need to limit their use of even short cooldown skills to make fights fair. For example, if I sparred using that rule on my champ I could use Sudden Defence, True Heroics, Dire Need (traited), Controlled Burn and Sprint (none of which I usually use, except SD against defilers that use blight and sprint against BAs that kite excessively). There's simply no way any creep class could win. I generally don't use wrath/AtO/DR on reaver unless the person I'm fighting uses stuff that sways the fight heavily in their favour. If I've beaten someone badly a few times I'll drop out other skills like resilience/disarm/dust in an attempt to make it closer.
    Last edited by Tarenius; Jul 25 2013 at 07:41 PM.
    Eraelin | Redemnus

nice spars. learning a lot vs reavers lately
    [url=http://postimage.org/][img]http://s18.postimg.org/4g7e5uy55/sigbm.png[/img][/url]

Quote Originally Posted by Zalendrian View Post
    nice spars. learning a lot vs reavers lately
    Spars and old spar rules are like the high way code tbh a waste of time ,things have changed so much class balance wise its hard to say what should be used and what shouldn't ,what i will say is no class should ever use a skill that takes them out of combat to fully regen health only to start fighting again agree ?

I love spars ,luck can play a big part in winning its all about the crit ,ive killed creeps with half moral left only to find the same creep explode me in the next fight swings and roundabouts.

Think i mentioned before choose a worthy opponent someone you know will give you a hard time this for me is first rule ,also for me fighting players of good quality is the only reason im there tbh ,maybe log an alt or a less geared toon to fight a spar newbie .

We all have skills that can give the edge use them against players you know will work around them bringing skill to the table ,in regards to rules tbh meery hit the nail on the head if creep or freep does something you think is over the top just don't spar them again .

High way code --->>>> cars are so advanced now with better technology most of the &&&& in there is outdated i.e stopping distances just about all cars now can come to stand still in way less time then qouted in the high way code :s ,just incase you woundering why i likend spars to the high way code do the maths

Totally agree with you Tar, idk if your post was aimed towards me?
    The old rules are old, but as for reaver perspective i ment the 5min cd thing, dr and ato. Wrath is a story of its own, ill pop it, if im low on morale and my opponent close to full, just to give him a go for the full money
    Every spar is individual and i go with my skills according to how i see the spar being.
    I.e. i sparred Kiisseli, he used only hots and impale was destroying him. So i left out second impale. Still was too much, i left out impale totally and the spars became really interesting.

The original Valdez

Quote Originally Posted by AlmericITA View Post
    I'm not the leader of my tribe, but I think I can say that everyone that can speak portuguese can join us... portuguese speaking is the only real limitation here... u can be lifetimer, vip, premium or f2p...

we are a very small tribe, only 20 or so creeps, and the highest ranked is r8... so we are mostly learning...

the highest ranked creeps on our tribe (r8 and r7) are all wargs, but we play with every creep classes...

there is someone online almost every day (mostly me), so send as a tell...

we use raidcall as our voice app...

u can see our guildlaunch site at http://portucalespectrus.guildlaunch.com/...
    Last edited by VMFGuedes; Jul 26 2013 at 08:55 AM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2221901000023d078/signature.png]Krukruz[/charsig]

Water-lore doesn't outheal r11+ reavers.
    Just use all you have in spars. My opinion.
    Last edited by -Tanyc-; Jul 26 2013 at 10:16 AM.

Evernight : Tanick R13 Lm ~ Wakkawakka R10 Def
    Morthond : Mandridar R9 Lm ~ Cragstone R9 Wvr

Quote Originally Posted by -Tanyc- View Post
    Yes, it does, if the LM is decent and has decent gear. Rank makes essentially no difference if you buy the skills from the store.

That's fine if you're happy to win because the class you play is overpowered, rather than winning because you outplayed your opponent.
    Last edited by Tarenius; Jul 26 2013 at 11:13 AM.
    Eraelin | Redemnus

It does.
    [COLOR=#0000ff]~ Magellanic Moonsorrow ~ R13 ~ [/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#ff0000]~ Myrkky Hoitsu ~ R8 ~ [/COLOR]

Overlord Gazagh outhealed by a r2 hytbold geared lm.

Explain that to me.

I noticed you use happily Michelonas, Embolos, Vinlands, & Captain against 1 creep mapping from zpar zone, ofc you are right xd

Quote Originally Posted by pattt View Post
    Hola guys

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sap2hfA-pHg

Quote Originally Posted by Tarenius View Post
    Yes, it does, if the LM is decent and has decent gear. Rank makes essentially no difference if you buy the skills from the store.

That's fine if you're happy to win because the class you play is overpowered, rather than winning because you outplayed your opponent.
    I dunno but i think I still play really bad last spar with you i take 3444 damage x2 in 2 sec from only one skill And I'm death after :P
    I'm he only one take enough crit to die all time or what ?!!?

I dunno but i think I still play really bad last spar with you i take 3444 damage x2 in 2 sec from only one skill And I'm death after :P
    Good lms don't even need WL to beat high ranked reavers. They just burst dps them down and debuffs them.
    If you're going to use WL in a spar then don't constantly spam it, you won't win like that, you need a fair balance between dps and heals.

However if your getting crit loads then stack crit defence and mits. Check combat log and see what damage type the reaver uses and adjust mit stacking according to the info.

That's because I used DR & AtO to kill you before I died, cooldowns I only use against people who are playing in such a way that they're practically guaranteed to win. If I hadn't you would've won on practically full morale.
    Eraelin | Redemnus

Quote Originally Posted by qru View Post
    It does.
    Easy way to test that with a high ranked reaver who likes some free infamy. Can test it with my usual traits and armour only using water-lore and debuffs.

That's your estimation ?

Overlord Gazagh outhealed by a r2 hytbold geared lm. Explain that to me.
    I suppose he used 4 audacity pieces, traited for common dam mitigation and used a lot of crit defense.
    Lm setup just for one creep class/fight/spar which you wouldn't use in moors everyday life.
    Sure, I can setup my Lm like that as well. Using macros to exploit the last bit of healing or dps for my character but I'm not that type of player.

Good lms don't even need WL to beat high ranked reavers. They just burst dps them down and debuffs them.
    Old RoI strategy. Yes, I beat reavers (even r12 reavers) with that strategy at that time. You forgot to mention Sticky Tar. With Sticky Tar it may still work, but no way you will win by just burst dps and debuffing vs high rank reaver if you don't use Water-lore.

If you're going to use WL in a spar then don't constantly spam it, you won't win like that, you need a fair balance between dps and heals.
    That's what I said, isn't it ? Water-lore alone will not save you/outheal the reaver.

I used DR & AtO to kill you
    Using Dying Rage and Against the Odds means using all you have. If the Lm uses all, you use all. So what ?

Evernight : Tanick R13 Lm ~ Wakkawakka R10 Def
    Morthond : Mandridar R9 Lm ~ Cragstone R9 Wvr

Page 117 of 164 FirstFirst ... 17 67 107 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 127 ... LastLast