We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 104 of 164 FirstFirst ... 4 54 94 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 114 154 ... LastLast
Results 2,576 to 2,600 of 4094
    Last night was a blast, thanks to both creep and freep raid leaders for trying to make the action on Evernight better. If we keep this up, players will wanna transfer to our server

Just had a look at the dailystats site, don't think it has ever been this balanced with bothsides having tons of points.
    Yesterday was nice Action and inf/ren wise.
    http://dailystats.theblackappendage....ay?w=Evernight

Quote Originally Posted by bohbashum View Post
    seriously, how do you think this thread has lasted so long with some of the flaming in here yet threads in general get closed very regularly? the GM's don't care! I'm sure many players don't care too, we all know how to ignore stuff don't we? any new PvP player popping into moors offended by that kind of thing, they probably wouldn't fit into PvP anyway. it's part of the genra now, as players always act that way around PvP with ego's and such.
    This sums it nicely. There are a lot of things one could report - for example many player names. But why should you? Being offended just for the sake of being offended is stupid - just how can you browse around the internet if you get offended by few "bad words" or some harmless (but technically against the CoC) names? Of course there are real cases too, but most of it is harmless.

Also the game is for ages 12+ (according to the SoA box I have), ppl younger than that shouldn't be playing it. "protecting the kids" is just hypocrisy.

noticed this today. am sure PvP follows the same rules considering high ego's and high adrenalin moments

http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.p...91#post6825091

check that thread, sapience did 3 comments about there reporting system.

seen as I too have reported a few people in moor, few people on globallff, yet once I report of cane calling me something in /tell he got a 1 day ban (I kinda feel bad about it now).

if you don't like swearing in PvP and see it as vile instead of playful banter, I would say remove the tab and/or don't spy on creeps, or simply just ignore it/them. however saying "ycannot even talk like civilized beings..." is just as bad. I know for a fact you've insulted creeps before on your spy calling them cowards and such which I say is pretty much the exact same.

Quote Originally Posted by Faildget View Post
    One of the best pvp days in ages, so much good fights all over the map! Tons of deaths and kills
    Was really nice to see how groups msee way to soloers and creeps gave freeps a chance to get autoflipped tr back in few occations.

All went really smoothly from my perspecive, dof and ops aswell.

I do hope, this is a new and lasting direction to Evernight pvp!

Cheers everyone!
    +1. Amazing fights yesterday, it was unbelievable. Fight after fight. Just i can say thank you to you guys ; valdez,heph,jinxy,peccz,krozio n,appy etc... And all the people that it was involve. Really nice fights and fun. I wish that every day could be like this . When you have this kind of fights it's obviously that Evernight have the potential to have a really good action and don't have nothing to envy to other servers.

Cheers everyone!

Pd: Thank you grue and tarkhak for the fights in front of oc, you guys never give up. /respect
    Last edited by Aniquilador; Jun 19 2013 at 01:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bohbashum View Post
    seriously, how do you think this thread has lasted so long with some of the flaming in here yet threads in general get closed very regularly?
    Methinks it's important to remember that, much to my embarrassment, we have averaged one closed Evernight PvMP thread per year since launch. That's just going from the title Ultimate Evernight Thread: Evernight Strikes Back 6. Maybe there were more before I became a fulltime monster.

Keeping the levels of hate down can only be a good thing. Again, there is no reason for anyone to be reading the chat channels of the opposing side, though I'm sure people on both sides do.

Obviously, goblin scribes named Maude are exempt from any preferential non-hate treatment.
    Last edited by ThingoMD; Jun 19 2013 at 01:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hepheastus View Post
    I think you may have mixed some things up there mate. It is not Valdez that has a brother playing this game in the room next to him, that is me. His name is Appy and he does play a hunter on occasion. That one is an elf however, not a hobbit. But he plays his warg mostly, grouping with me.

I fully agree with you that neither side should be told about what the other side is saying about them. It happens on occasion, sometimes whether we want it or not. I do not know if Valdez actively seeks to find out what is said about him on freep OOC, but I for one would prefer not to hear such things, for reasons I explained in posts above.
    When I saw Nakah's post I thought he was referring to Vallard, a hobbit hunter who I often see afking outside GV (and I suppose a relatively similar name to Valdez, though a bit of a tenuous link). However I don't know if there's any link between Valdez and Vallard.

Nakah, like Heph said, don't have a brother nor a hunter for that matter.

Second, give me the time/date or forum line where i admit ooc spying.
    Like i have said before, i dispise it.

I have gotten links of freep ooc trashtalking sent to me in tells, without asking them.

I honestly don't care what people write about me. If you hate, do so.

As for the your group part showing up.
    You surely remember, creeps have ooc and other channels.
    I don't know how good freep communication is, but if i have a group/raid and i or someone reads innour ooc: Freeps at tree, we go check it out. Or any given location.
    If that is freep ooc spying, guess im guilty, right?

Serious question that demands a serious answer please.

Why am I watching freep groups, especially later at night, who have almost no chance of dying continue to play the safest kind of game they can? Huge amounts of heals, huge amounts of dps, enough cc to keep me grey barred half the time and still you're legging it back into EC at the first sign of trouble.

Two nights in a row some of the same folks doing the same thing, not to mention countless other occasions at any given time.

A lot of these people were on earlier in the night, why weren't you grouped up then and bringing the fight? Is the onus purely on Eve to disband raids but everyone else is still allowed to farm with impunity? Whilst at the same time leaving folks like myself to also disband groups, nevermind raids, if things are tough on freeps?

If your answer to any of the above is "but we fought in Tol and took it with npcs and creeps on us" then that should really give you an indication of how one-sided things were at that point. I just wish groups like these were manning up when there's actually decent opposition around.

Quote Originally Posted by ThingoMD View Post
    Serious question that demands a serious answer please.

Why am I watching freep groups, especially later at night, who have almost no chance of dying continue to play the safest kind of game they can? Huge amounts of heals, huge amounts of dps, enough cc to keep me grey barred half the time and still you're legging it back into EC at the first sign of trouble.

Two nights in a row some of the same folks doing the same thing, not to mention countless other occasions at any given time.

A lot of these people were on earlier in the night, why weren't you grouped up then and bringing the fight? Is the onus purely on Eve to disband raids but everyone else is still allowed to farm with impunity? Whilst at the same time leaving folks like myself to also disband groups, nevermind raids, if things are tough on freeps?

If your answer to any of the above is "but we fought in Tol and took it with npcs and creeps on us" then that should really give you an indication of how one-sided things were at that point. I just wish groups like these were manning up when there's actually decent opposition around.
    This happens most late nights unfortunately. Last week there was a total of 5 creeps on and still the freeps came with a 12 man raid. And even when it was obvious there was a big number difference the still stayed in raid.

Talking

So there I am , a solo creep( I will pause here that most freeps can look up the meaning of the word solo) looking for fights all around the map. Hoping to run into a freep that wont a) run for the hills or b) press the "oh &&&&" button and call in the zerg.
    I walk over to a small rock close to TR and to my surprise its not a rock but (in my opinion) the best RK in the moors, Sir Attaris. So we have a go 1vs 1 and I know that it will probably end painfully for me because we all know that this dwarf has some serious heals. But I dont mind because its 1vs 1 and win or lose its fun. Suddenly ( and please note that at no stage I am blaming Attaris because I don't think he is that kind of player) the zerg shows up and splat..one dead spider.

This brings me to the following question....Is it so hard to resist zerging a solo creep, if you are really so badly in need of renown that you can not wait for this obvious 1vs 1 to finish? If you have to zerg, at least have the decency( again a small pause, hope you still have dictionary open)to wait for the fight to finish.

P.s I would like to thank Bashed for the 1vs 1 the other night ( I gave up after a while damn op warden ) and a special note for my old nemesis Steaknoob (joke). He always stays and fights when I catch him alone...not once has he ran from my warg or spider. This is more than I can say for allot of freeps. Dammit stay and fight, you might surprise yourself and win the damn fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Torhowl View Post
    This happens most late nights unfortunately. Last week there was a total of 5 creeps on and still the freeps came with a 12 man raid. And even when it was obvious there was a big number difference the still stayed in raid.
    In fairness, it can sometimes be tricky to tell if everyone is grouped or raided. It's just that I used to love late night fights more than anything else. Just small groups battling it out.

I guess what I'm saying is -

1. Would it really hurt such bunches to stand and fight 'til the death and give back one kill for the ten they've just got on the rare occasion they actually get in trouble?

2. Why aren't these folks forming the backbone of groups and raids when there are decent groups to fight back? There's plenty of capable players and groups around after all.

So there I am , a solo creep( I will pause here that most freeps can look up the meaning of the word solo) looking for fights all around the map. Hoping to run into a freep that wont a) run for the hills or b) press the "oh &&&&" button and call in the zerg.
    I walk over to a small rock close to TR and to my surprise its not a rock but (in my opinion) the best RK in the moors, Sir Attaris. So we have a go 1vs 1 and I know that it will probably end painfully for me because we all know that this dwarf has some serious heals. But I dont mind because its 1vs 1 and win or lose its fun. Suddenly ( and please note that at no stage I am blaming Attaris because I don't think he is that kind of player) the zerg shows up and splat..one dead spider.

This brings me to the following question....Is it so hard to resist zerging a solo creep, if you are really so badly in need of renown that you can not wait for this obvious 1vs 1 to finish? If you have to zerg, at least have the decency( again a small pause, hope you still have dictionary open)to wait for the fight to finish.

P.s I would like to thank Bashed for the 1vs 1 the other night ( I gave up after a while damn op warden ) and a special note for my old nemesis Steaknoob (joke). He always stays and fights when I catch him alone...not once has he ran from my warg or spider. This is more than I can say for allot of freeps. Dammit stay and fight, you might surprise yourself and win the damn fight.
    This type of thing happens equally often to people on both sides - I get zerged by raids on a regular basis, and ganked by 3-6 man groups repeatedly. Champ is very overpowered with cooldowns so I'll usually still try to fight small groups solo, but increasingly often people will hips/sprint/burrow/evade, run to NPCs or run to keep back doors when fighting me with 3-6x the numbers. Most people just want easy infamy/renown with as little risk involved as possible.
    Last edited by Tarenius; Jun 19 2013 at 08:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ThingoMD View Post
    In fairness, it can sometimes be tricky to tell if everyone is grouped or raided. It's just that I used to love late night fights more than anything else. Just small groups battling it out.

I guess what I'm saying is -

1. Would it really hurt such bunches to stand and fight 'til the death and give back one kill for the ten they've just got on the rare occasion they actually get in trouble?

2. Why aren't these folks forming the backbone of groups and raids when there are decent groups to fight back? There's plenty of capable players and groups around after all.
    Those are to excellent questions Master Thingo..........questions to which I hope someone is honest enough to answer. But I do suspect that the problem lies in the word "death"....it seems that allot of players have a problem with dying ( maybe its an ego thing)

Quote Originally Posted by Tarenius View Post
    This type of thing happens equally often to people on both sides - I get zerged by raids on a regular basis, and ganked by 3-6 man groups repeatedly. Champ is very overpowered with cooldowns so I'll usually still try to fight small groups solo, but increasingly often people will hips/sprint/burrow/evade, run to NPCs or run to keep back doors when fighting me with 3-6x the numbers. Most people just want easy infamy/renown with as little risk involved as possible.
    I get the group finding you in the fields and attacking thingy ( not saying its cool, but I get it). What I don't get is when you are actually busy 1vs1 with someone and suddenly everyone and his cousin jumps in to kill you.

I get my behind kick often but I don't scream out. I take my beating and get back in the fight...is it really that hard to do?

I get the group finding you in the fields and attacking thingy ( not saying its cool, but I get it). What I don't get is when you are actually busy 1vs1 with someone and suddenly everyone and his cousin jumps in to kill you.

I get my behind kick often but I don't scream out. I take my beating and get back in the fight...is it really that hard to do?
    Again, you think this is a creep vs freep thing? It happens to solo freeps just as much (though the vast majority of people I come across won't even attempt to fight 1v1 and just immediately run - understandable for lower ranks, but I can say for sure that at least 4/6 creep classes can beat a champ that doesn't pop cooldowns 1v1... warg/BA I'm not sure about, mostly because there are never any good wargs/BAs willing to fight 1v1).

I am one of the few people who will watch a fair 1v1 instead of joining in (unless more creeps show up, of course), but like I said, most people just want easy infamy/renown.

Thats a good question. Sometimes, -and I think this happened to almost all people- we found 1 creep and 1 freep fighting alone. In that moment, we dont know if its a spar or a fight. I remember some day I saw in front of TR Sneakly fighting against Kiisseli reaver. That time I left both guys finished combat, but it wasnt spar. When I asked Sneakly for that he told me that wasnt spar. Well, I prefer to kiel a creep in that case than stay in my horse watching how a freep comrade dies.

The last I want is to give free infamy to a creep. I prefer break a possible spar than let die a freep. When u finish to kiel creep then you can ask. For that reason, its very important we all go to spar zones when we want to spar. Some years ago we used to spar with friends at fields, so that situation isnt new for us.

Btw and talking about Torhowls post, I am agree. But I hate a lot when I am fighting with some creep/creeps, and suddenly, when I am almost dead a warg breakes its stealth behind me and finishes the job. Typically easy job, but some wargs likes to say its a very tactic movement zS I suppose some burglars plays similar way, when I talk about wargs, it is good to talk about all stealthy classes.

But Rejit, even if the freep dies, its still a 1v1, and if theres nobody else attacking those 2 fighting, why not let those two fight it out? On thuesday, it was lug gy fight, me and Jinx moved away from the gy, 5 Freeps followed me, Narghast, Embolo and some others. One of them, a loremaster attacked me and i went after him, rest of the freeps And Jinx Decided to sit it out, i got the lm. He was ressed after me and Jinx went on our way. These are the kind of small things that show respect to the other side. Sure, they killed me alot after that, but then there was other creeps aswell.So, i would like to pay my respects to those people, it was a nice gesture. Ty!

But Rejit, even if the freep dies, its still a 1v1, and if theres nobody else attacking those 2 fighting, why not let those two fight it out?

On thuesday, it was lug gy fight, me and Jinx moved away from the gy, 5 Freeps followed me, Narghast, Embolo and some others. One of them, a loremaster attacked me and i went after him, rest of the freeps And Jinx Decided to sit it out, i got the lm. He was ressed after me and Jinx went on our way. These are the kind of small things that show respect to the other side. Sure, they killed me alot after that, but then there was other creeps aswell.

So, i would like to pay my respects to those people, it was a nice gesture. Ty!

I'm sorry about yesterday but i keep crashing as my cable company has an leakin cable outside my house and they cannot fix it till next friday so untell then my signal is weak and i wont be able to lead much. Was good action yesterday and we managed to get creeps lost into dof wich give us the time we needed to retake our relic after that i started rebading like hell and was unable to lead.

Quote Originally Posted by pattt View Post
    I'm sorry about yesterday but i keep crashing as my cable company has an leakin cable outside my house and they cannot fix it till next friday so untell then my signal is weak and i wont be able to lead much. Was good action yesterday and we managed to get creeps lost into dof wich give us the time we needed to retake our relic after that i started rebading like hell and was unable to lead.
    What a shame. Yesterday was the strongest creep group i've seen in a long, long time. We really could have given your healers a bad time, I think. ;p

Tons of creeps on yesterday. Was pretty incredible to track 21 freeps and see they had the ON buff...

Yes i was pretty pist because now we finnaly had a changle and my stupid connections blows it. almost trhew my router against the wall lol.

PS just noticed 2 days ago when i was duo with moltres that i got killed and moltres was left alive, now he told me that is a rule on enco's tribe, wich i can understand to prevent ganking ur own people. but it looks really weird when u have 2 people next to each other and u kill one and let the other one alive.

As moltres is our best lrm on the server this might give the wrong impression creepside is helping him wich he doesn't need. Don't let happend to often as this can result in u know what with some people.
    Last edited by pattt; Jun 20 2013 at 07:59 AM.

Just to mention Eve, you don't need to try to lose creeps in DoF on such occasions. We had a fairly nice group, but we knew you were in DoF, wondered if you were going to refresh the Tree buff and were happy to leave you to do that. We then knew you were on your way to DG and were also quite happy to let you take the Relic back. We even asked in OOC for others to let you grab the Relic, that battle would be back in the fields in a few minutes if we did so.

All in all battle has been better last couple of days, so let's all keep doing what we can to make sure it continues!

Ps. I suggest Eve and Xoddy team up and declare war on substandard connection providers!
    Last edited by ThingoMD; Jun 20 2013 at 09:07 AM. Reason: battle has been battle? Nice one Thingo!

Welcome to the ettens thats all i can say ,take it from me solo freeps get ganked just the same i don't for 1 minute expect a steam rolling craid to let me live while im soloing a creep ,i dead in 3.5secs from criad yesterday my bad for been spotted.

We all know who will and who won't join in a 1v1 ,unless its spar zone i.e lc hs i expect to get ganked anywhere else ,if i dont and i get chance to 1v1 while creeps watch im lucky ,take it from me i know what creeps will let me 1v1 and the ones that will just steam in for the share of my hobbit toes

Lot of players are becomming group dependent is this good thing or bad thing ? ,me i think its bad thing but for the few that do still use solo rotations in the skill chain the hope lives on

Ok im going to mention spars hold off the flaming for sec..........When we do have them its good idea to select a like for like sparring target i.e dont just go steaming in jumping like hell infront of a greenie creep or freep if you are experienced and ranked ,use the spars with boxing rules lightweight/med weight etc etc try to match your opponent like for like ,this will also give the greenies freep/creep true excitment of the spars.

and yes im at work thus walls of text

Quote Originally Posted by Faildget View Post
    So, i would like to pay my respects to those people, it was a nice gesture. Ty!
    Dude, it wasn't a nice gesture, we where just too scared by you :P

Page 104 of 164 FirstFirst ... 4 54 94 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 114 154 ... LastLast