We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 134 of 164 FirstFirst ... 34 84 124 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 144 ... LastLast
Results 3,326 to 3,350 of 4094
  1. #3326
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    125
    Quote Originally Posted by Evadar View Post
    just be sure your internet can handle it, cause when i transfered i tried to play with my old speed (2mbps/sec which is 200kb download ) and i couldnt get out of gv.
    i had to upgrade to 24 (2,,4mb download) to be able to be in the same time with the other raiders but still in raid time you get 20s skill lag maybe more, last night for example i was stuck in lc 5 mins along with 30 freeps and 50 creeps until every1 was dead and was shouting "what the hell happened"
    I'd say it's more because of ###### servers.

    Anyway, soon it's time to level up and see in live how broken the classes are
    [COLOR=#0000ff]~ Magellanic Moonsorrow ~ R13 ~ [/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#ff0000]~ Myrkky Hoitsu ~ R8 ~ [/COLOR]

  2. #3327
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    161
    Was incredible lag on Morthond last night. People were joking that they should try to crash the servers, seems they succeeded.
    Is there any way how we can keep track of the updating progress?
    [FONT=comic sans ms][U][I][B][SIZE=3]
    [/SIZE][/B][/I][/U][IMG]http://img826.imageshack.us/img826/4079/dnm.png[/IMG]
    [/FONT][INDENT][FONT=comic sans ms][COLOR=#0000ff]Evernight : Tanick R13 Lm ~ Wakkawakka R10 Def[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#800000]Morthond : Mandridar R9 Lm ~ Cragstone R9 Wvr[/COLOR][/FONT][/INDENT]

  3. #3328
    Quote Originally Posted by qru View Post
    I'd say it's more because of ###### servers.

    Anyway, soon it's time to level up and see in live how broken the classes are
    i dont know what is going on with the servers or the multiple layers in this game(why did they open transfers if they not ready????)
    sometimes i get reduced awarness in irrelavent places with ettens like thorins hall or random level places

    not to mention raids..... we got 5s frozen screen in bfe t2c with 5% morale on bosses!!!!(at least we made it xD)

    plus sometimes when i open fellowing tab in social tab i see people in random places who appear in the same layer as i am (like chetwood while i am in galtrev etc)
    to me its obvious why they did those changes now, simply to reduce the massive lag cause by multiple skills (which shouldnt even exist in the first place to be fair)
    thats why logouts now take 10secs to begin with now instead of 24, because we have 1/2 of our skills.

  4. #3329
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    England. north-west
    Posts
    2,685
    Quote Originally Posted by Evadar View Post
    to me its obvious why they did those changes now, simply to reduce the massive lag cause by multiple skills (which shouldnt even exist in the first place to be fair)
    there is some truth to this.

    apprantly aura skills like minstrels tales or captains IDOME are some of the leggiest skills around. we got told they were hard coded to not go above 20m because of this. tales ofc have been removed but IDOME hasn't. I can't think off the top of my head any other aura's.

    however, there are a lot more effects able to be applies now. expect tyrants in moors to go well over 6 lines of debuffs now! the amount of short buffs the captain pops and other little "quick on, quick off" buffs on classes in general has raised quite considerably.

    thats why logouts now take 10secs to begin with now instead of 24, because we have 1/2 of our skills.
    not sure where you connect the dots there. although it does hint they fixed stuff something behind the scenes.
    [CENTER][URL=http://s739.photobucket.com/user/bubushum/media/signiturepre1_zps427684ba.png.html][IMG]http://i739.photobucket.com/albums/xx38/bubushum/signiturepre1_zps427684ba.png[/IMG][/URL][/CENTER]

  5. #3330
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    322
    I have a confession to make guys.
    I started a company in the moors and I am looking for more ppl, that want to get some cash.
    It's legal, so dont be ashamed.



    Contact me for more information O.o
    Morondomir the Formidable.
    Lore-master rank 14
    My renown: Today: 68.794
    Proud leader of Odyssey

  6. #3331
    Quote Originally Posted by bohbashum View Post
    there is some truth to this.

    apprantly aura skills like minstrels tales or captains IDOME are some of the leggiest skills around. we got told they were hard coded to not go above 20m because of this. tales ofc have been removed but IDOME hasn't. I can't think off the top of my head any other aura's.

    however, there are a lot more effects able to be applies now. expect tyrants in moors to go well over 6 lines of debuffs now! the amount of short buffs the captain pops and other little "quick on, quick off" buffs on classes in general has raised quite considerably.


    not sure where you connect the dots there. although it does hint they fixed stuff something behind the scenes.
    every time you logout, and not exit, you can see the stances going out by themselves, now there are no stances in most classes and in the ones there are(like minnie) they dont go out anymore.
    i cant thing of any other reasonable explanation of the way shorter logouts, when they appeared with all those changes.
    fixing something behind the scenes is rather impossible, to my logic at least, since firstly it was the same thing over the last 6 years and if it was something to be fixed would be ages ago, secondly if they had fix somethingni am pretty sure turbine would have proudly advertise it as customer support with quicker changes over chars.

  7. #3332
    Hi everyone, i usally only read this thread and never post but i need to praise one player, Spritmagen. You sir, have skill! I bow to you, awesome playing. Thanks everyone for the fun in moors, i left the game for about 6 months, came back only to do some pvp with kin friends and my "lotro flame" was light up again. Thanks everyone and keep the fun going . Popo.

  8. #3333
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    England. north-west
    Posts
    2,685
    Quote Originally Posted by Evadar View Post
    i cant thing of any other reasonable explanation of the way shorter logouts
    it could be class changes but it'd probably something more in the background. they were probably testing other things than just class revamps :P

    like in beta we did get more changes to the skirmish panal having data loading while your playing instead of on the loading screen.

    fixing something behind the scenes is rather impossible, to my logic at least
    don't see how you come to that idea?

    just in the class changes themselves you'd expect more lag in-game. maybe not loading times but in-game lag will get worse. I'd also expect non-toggle stances to take up a little more code so they never go off.
    [CENTER][URL=http://s739.photobucket.com/user/bubushum/media/signiturepre1_zps427684ba.png.html][IMG]http://i739.photobucket.com/albums/xx38/bubushum/signiturepre1_zps427684ba.png[/IMG][/URL][/CENTER]

  9. #3334
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Ettenmoors
    Posts
    424
    I have some lag issues all time i start a fight ... nothing is changed on my setting but that's happen only in moors, like for warsteed fight ...
    [img]http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/222190000000dc7fa/01008/signature.png[/img]

  10. #3335
    Word gets to me ,creeps are way overpowerd and still failing.
    /Discuss

    Is it true jag got from R0 to R15 and never left grams rock :P .
    /Discuss

    Rumours War has a poster of Tom Daley on his bedroom wall .
    /Discuss

    Is it true Eve is the real Santa clause ?
    /Discuss
    [IMG]http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x22/thedoc1971/18d08621-0f10-47a0-a562-1f390494d615_zps2791e246.jpg[/IMG]

  11. #3336
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Nanda Parbat
    Posts
    569
    [CENTER][SIZE=1] Yuzuriha GDN R10 (Retired @ 2012 ) - [SIZE=1]Farruquita BA R12 Leader of "Sauron Loves Spain" (Evernight - since the beginning)[/SIZE]
    "HERE &[IMG]http://i60.tinypic.com/123mgqc.jpg[/IMG]& THERE" [/SIZE][/CENTER]

  12. #3337
    Well the ettens is dead ,im troubled to why the massive bail...........yea its broke yea its hard for freeps atm but why the hell have 95% of the freeps bailed ?
    Come guys lets at lest show some backbone ,i understand things are broke ,there are alot of kills out there still ,i mean dropping a ranked/skilled/geared rvr is fecking dam hard , but think outside the box if you cant 1v1 him/her then grab a duo to take him out ,we still melt low ranks in 1v1 situations ,even ranked creeps thinking ### ,if you aint been up yet due to the broken mits etc etc well have a dodge up you die its understandable ,update comes in 6 days show some balls till then ,no qq intended i just want to see some of my old friends back up here


    Regards pouch

    /red + yellow line ftw
    [IMG]http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x22/thedoc1971/18d08621-0f10-47a0-a562-1f390494d615_zps2791e246.jpg[/IMG]

  13. #3338
    Quote Originally Posted by minnimeepouch View Post
    Well the ettens is dead ,im troubled to why the massive bail...........yea its broke yea its hard for freeps atm but why the hell have 95% of the freeps bailed ?
    Come guys lets at lest show some backbone ,i understand things are broke ,there are alot of kills out there still ,i mean dropping a ranked/skilled/geared rvr is fecking dam hard , but think outside the box if you cant 1v1 him/her then grab a duo to take him out ,we still melt low ranks in 1v1 situations ,even ranked creeps thinking ### ,if you aint been up yet due to the broken mits etc etc well have a dodge up you die its understandable ,update comes in 6 days show some balls till then ,no qq intended i just want to see some of my old friends back up here


    Regards pouch

    /red + yellow line ftw
    I haven't bought HD, so thats why im not in ettens anymore, so You Wont see me there for some time hf guys
    Quersen Rank 12 Warden - Evernight - proud member of The Fellowship Of Guardians

  14. #3339
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    125
    Quote Originally Posted by minnimeepouch View Post
    Well the ettens is dead ,im troubled to why the massive bail...........yea its broke yea its hard for freeps atm but why the hell have 95% of the freeps bailed ?
    Blame turbine for ruining the classes (varies depending on the class you play), providing no PvE content (big battles = worse than normal skirmishes) and generally not caring about balance. "We'll fix it later" is too old excuse and won't do anymore.
    [COLOR=#0000ff]~ Magellanic Moonsorrow ~ R13 ~ [/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#ff0000]~ Myrkky Hoitsu ~ R8 ~ [/COLOR]

  15. #3340
    Quote Originally Posted by qru View Post
    Blame turbine for ruining the classes (varies depending on the class you play), providing no PvE content (big battles = worse than normal skirmishes) and generally not caring about balance. "We'll fix it later" is too old excuse and won't do anymore.
    I think at the moment there is better balance in the moors to be fair. more of a challange for freeps rather than roll creeps constantly.

  16. #3341
    Hope you all had a nice new year.......

    Now lest focus on some f...ing good pvp this year ,no crying/no qq/no macros /no switch rageing/no killing burgs

    but most of all no more hugging
    [IMG]http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x22/thedoc1971/18d08621-0f10-47a0-a562-1f390494d615_zps2791e246.jpg[/IMG]

  17. #3342
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,888
    Such great hopes Pouch... and yet a week in to the new year, I've not seen anything in the Moors which would suggest that 2014 promises good action. I've recently rolled a new creep, mainly because playing freepside is far too easy at the moment, and so therefore I have to admit seeing things from the creep perspective, but was the camping of Grams and Lug GY ever so relentless as it currently is?

    The greatest 'sinners' in the current Moors population are the tactical classes (LMs to a lesser extent) - minstrels and runekeepers. Turbine have seen fit to make these classes more overpowered than ever before, and while minstrels (afaik) can no longer drop into healing so quickly, this is compensated by the large boost to their damage - regular crits of 10k upon creeps with full audacity and its not uncommon to see 16k on those with mid/low audacity - minstrels, in addition to their ability to stay alive have gained a powerful weapon in their ability to deal devastating crits with astounding regularity. Runekeepers also have a similar amount of damage at their disposal, and while they seem to be unable to switch from one to the other as quickly, a healing runekeeper cannot be defeated by any less than 3 or 4 low rank creeps. Returning to the issue of damage, compare the dps that a minstrel can do to that of a low rank warleader (r5), who's highest hit is 2.5k, on an NPC. Imagine then, when mitigations come into play, as to how greatly reduced that damage is going to be vs a freep.

    The response to this is, of course, that while this may be the case, high rank creeps can provide a decent challenge to these tactical classes if one on one. But this runs into two problems - firstly that, other than at spar locations, the Moors rarely sees 1v1s, and it is sadly appears to be common practice to OOC a target if you do not think you can definitely beat it solo, and any creep below r6/7 doesn't often stand a chance if they happen to bump into a solo freep while questing, regardless of the freep's rank, due to the fact that freeps can enter the Moors all guns blazing, but creeps require time and patience in order to access skills (or a lot of TP). While this has always been an issue, its been exacerbated by the class changes and the way in which the freep classes have been given such a tremendous boost to their dps and stats in general - its evident in PvE where everyone says that content is too easy, and the same is true when fighting creeps.

    Secondly, there are very few high rank creeps left. Sure there are some of the old guard that are still around, and they are the ones around whom the other creeps cluster, but even amazing raid leaders can't do much when presented with a bunch of new players fresh out of Grams. While new creeps are steadily climbing towards the higher ranks, and I've found that creeps are willing to accept low ranks into groups in order to help them do so, they are faced by the fact that they are not, and can never be, as powerful as the same number of freeps, unless the latter is played very badly and the creeps played very well.

    The other considerable difference between freep and creep raids, from what I've been seeing recently, is that creep raids know when to stop. I never thought I'd say that, especially as a long term freep, yet the creeps who currently inhabit the Moors at the moment, despite being downtrodden and Grams/Lug GY camped for a good 3/4 hours each day, when they are able to get a raid up of competent creeps of decent ranks, mixed in with a few lower ones, won't go as far as some might like. I was in a raid of Boon's recently, and after reclaiming 1 of the 2 relics that had been in Ost, he proceeded to take back Lug (Tol was red at this point). The Moors was thus red aside from TR, and many of the lower ranks were urging Boon on to take TR, to get revenge for the constant Grams camping that seems to best exemplify the state of the Evernight Moors at the moment, yet he wouldn't, for the reason that he believed it would spoil the action.

    Now I was one of those urging him to take TR, as I was angry due to being held up in Grams for many days, yet I realise that Boon was right - if TR had been taken, there could only have been two responses - the first, that the freeps would put up a raid which would easily overpower that of the creeps, or secondly, that the freeps would log off, and neither of these would encourage action in the Moors. Yet today, when the same situation happened in reverse, when there was a powerful group of freeps; Falconpunchz, Ilaciah, Gildaora, Jcwulf and others (not certain that all were grouped, yet travelled together and stuck together for the entire time) who were rolling across the map, destroying the soloers/small creep groups that stood in their way, and they had taken all the other keeps that had auto-flipped throughout the morning/over the night, they proceeded to then take Lug, and then go to DG and deprive the creeps of their 1 relic.

    The point is, look at the differences between the two. As much as Eve was criticised for zerging the map and pveing (etc etc that can be attributed to raid leaders of both sides), one of the constant refrains that I remember in his raids was to keep it fair, to disband raids/groups if they were unnecessary, and to leave creeps something to encourage them to leave Grams, yet sadly, the current crop of freeps do not appear to be sticking to that.

    I suppose its all very well pointing out the problems of the Moors, but how do we fix them? Freep classes at the moment are overpowered and creep classes (in general) are underpowered, and there's nothing that any of us players can do about this - that problem lies with Turbine, and I sincerely hope that its an issue which is remedied in the near future, because otherwise the Moors will empty of creeps. Yet what we can do, as freeps and creeps, is to think about what will encourage the other side to action - because the problem, and the bonus of the Moors, is that we're playing against real people, and without them around, we can't get infamy or gain ranks. The 'its a game, let us play how we want' refrain is all very well, but if we want to continue to enjoy the Moors, we need to make sure that both sides can continue to put up a decent fight, and for that we need to be more considerate. So, for instance, if the freeps are camping Grams with a blue map, and you are delivering your daily quests to TR/Ost and notice a small group of creeps killing the captain general, don't just OOC it and cause the hordes to map GV from Grams and charge in. By all means attack yourself, but its really not necessary to OOC everything. If GV is being camped and freeps are unable to break out, yet one low rank freep has made his way via the safe path to Grothum and is doing his/her daily quests, don't feel the need to OOC them either.

    Always have in the back of your mind a way of encouraging the action, even if it means switching to the other side and helping out (as I very reluctantly have done), because, if we don't, pvp on our server will die, and even if the classes are adjusted and things are equalised, there may not be any creeps (or, for that matter, freeps) that will return, and if that is the case, the last challenging content in the game will be gone.

    Apologies for the length of the post, but please consider what I've written, and hopefully we can see a return of decent action to our server.



    P.S. As a note to cappies, while I know that the new OPness of yellow line is wonderful and its a great feeling being god-mode, I really suggest going red, because 1) your dps will be far greater and you'll actually kill more creeps, and 2) red survivability is also rather powerful, yet there's actually a sense of risk associated with charging a red keep which case 6 creeps inside it, unlike yellow, when you can shrug off the NPCs and still whittle down the creeps.
    Last edited by Tirian-Hammerfist; Jan 07 2014 at 07:33 PM. Reason: postscript
    - Taravan, R12 Captain - Tirian, Tanking Guardian - Tolvax, Champion - And others...
    - Afranius, R9 WL - Tolobain, R7 Weaver - Vargan, R6 Stalker -

    Leader of Lost Realm of Imladris - Evernight - Co-Founder of Beauty and the Beasts

  18. #3343
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Nanda Parbat
    Posts
    569
    Nice intentions, but honestly, after nearly 7 years I don't see some people playing PvMP still. Some things can never change, and worst thing is players cannot change and are getting worst each day, cba to try getting back old times, that will never happen, just try to enjoy the way you can.....
    [CENTER][SIZE=1] Yuzuriha GDN R10 (Retired @ 2012 ) - [SIZE=1]Farruquita BA R12 Leader of "Sauron Loves Spain" (Evernight - since the beginning)[/SIZE]
    "HERE &[IMG]http://i60.tinypic.com/123mgqc.jpg[/IMG]& THERE" [/SIZE][/CENTER]

  19. #3344
    Nice post tara......

    Hand on heart 99% of freeps don't want to sit at grams (before you say move away then) we do and the action always ends back there ,the thing is when your hungry you go to the fridge i.e the fridge been grams.

    Honestly i have no idea how to resolve the lack of ranked skilled creeps we have atm respect to the ranked creeps that have stayed btw but you lot lack support, skilled as you guys are you just lack support ,yea new creeps come on most can't even move while clicking there skills this is down to f2p quick connect and play ,you got to remember all freeps have lvled from 0 to 95 learning as they go thus creating a lvl of skill.

    The amount of fresh blood creeps i have let quest is unreal ,some bow /some run off/ and some hit the s.h.i.t out of me /most occ me even though i been standing watching them kill npcs, i seen alot of freeps walk past r0 creeps showing respect and thinking we want these guys to stay i will let them lvl.

    Creeps never see this human side of freeps probs think we just all cold blood killers.

    New creeps should have some kind of lvling zone where they can rank to maybe lvl 4/5 in a safe instance area bit like boot camp ,thus getting them use to there toons and understanding what skills do what to freep npcs as they go basic training or whatever.

    Only at rank 4/5 can they enter the moors to face real targets ,this would eliminate lots of creep raid leaders frustrations when knew creeps join raids.

    Atm though for me the lag is a massive issue ,really needs to be sorted or it could see the back of me
    [IMG]http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x22/thedoc1971/18d08621-0f10-47a0-a562-1f390494d615_zps2791e246.jpg[/IMG]

  20. #3345
    Quote Originally Posted by Tirian-Hammerfist View Post
    Such great hopes Pouch... and yet a week in to the new year, I've not seen anything in the Moors which would suggest that 2014 promises good action. I've recently rolled a new creep, mainly because playing freepside is far too easy at the moment, and so therefore I have to admit seeing things from the creep perspective, but was the camping of Grams and Lug GY ever so relentless as it currently is?

    The greatest 'sinners' in the current Moors population are the tactical classes (LMs to a lesser extent) - minstrels and runekeepers. Turbine have seen fit to make these classes more overpowered than ever before, and while minstrels (afaik) can no longer drop into healing so quickly, this is compensated by the large boost to their damage - regular crits of 10k upon creeps with full audacity and its not uncommon to see 16k on those with mid/low audacity - minstrels, in addition to their ability to stay alive have gained a powerful weapon in their ability to deal devastating crits with astounding regularity. Runekeepers also have a similar amount of damage at their disposal, and while they seem to be unable to switch from one to the other as quickly, a healing runekeeper cannot be defeated by any less than 3 or 4 low rank creeps. Returning to the issue of damage, compare the dps that a minstrel can do to that of a low rank warleader (r5), who's highest hit is 2.5k, on an NPC. Imagine then, when mitigations come into play, as to how greatly reduced that damage is going to be vs a freep.

    The response to this is, of course, that while this may be the case, high rank creeps can provide a decent challenge to these tactical classes if one on one. But this runs into two problems - firstly that, other than at spar locations, the Moors rarely sees 1v1s, and it is sadly appears to be common practice to OOC a target if you do not think you can definitely beat it solo, and any creep below r6/7 doesn't often stand a chance if they happen to bump into a solo freep while questing, regardless of the freep's rank, due to the fact that freeps can enter the Moors all guns blazing, but creeps require time and patience in order to access skills (or a lot of TP). While this has always been an issue, its been exacerbated by the class changes and the way in which the freep classes have been given such a tremendous boost to their dps and stats in general - its evident in PvE where everyone says that content is too easy, and the same is true when fighting creeps.

    Secondly, there are very few high rank creeps left. Sure there are some of the old guard that are still around, and they are the ones around whom the other creeps cluster, but even amazing raid leaders can't do much when presented with a bunch of new players fresh out of Grams. While new creeps are steadily climbing towards the higher ranks, and I've found that creeps are willing to accept low ranks into groups in order to help them do so, they are faced by the fact that they are not, and can never be, as powerful as the same number of freeps, unless the latter is played very badly and the creeps played very well.

    The other considerable difference between freep and creep raids, from what I've been seeing recently, is that creep raids know when to stop. I never thought I'd say that, especially as a long term freep, yet the creeps who currently inhabit the Moors at the moment, despite being downtrodden and Grams/Lug GY camped for a good 3/4 hours each day, when they are able to get a raid up of competent creeps of decent ranks, mixed in with a few lower ones, won't go as far as some might like. I was in a raid of Boon's recently, and after reclaiming 1 of the 2 relics that had been in Ost, he proceeded to take back Lug (Tol was red at this point). The Moors was thus red aside from TR, and many of the lower ranks were urging Boon on to take TR, to get revenge for the constant Grams camping that seems to best exemplify the state of the Evernight Moors at the moment, yet he wouldn't, for the reason that he believed it would spoil the action.

    Now I was one of those urging him to take TR, as I was angry due to being held up in Grams for many days, yet I realise that Boon was right - if TR had been taken, there could only have been two responses - the first, that the freeps would put up a raid which would easily overpower that of the creeps, or secondly, that the freeps would log off, and neither of these would encourage action in the Moors. Yet today, when the same situation happened in reverse, when there was a powerful group of freeps; Falconpunchz, Ilaciah, Gildaora, Jcwulf and others (not certain that all were grouped, yet travelled together and stuck together for the entire time) who were rolling across the map, destroying the soloers/small creep groups that stood in their way, and they had taken all the other keeps that had auto-flipped throughout the morning/over the night, they proceeded to then take Lug, and then go to DG and deprive the creeps of their 1 relic.

    The point is, look at the differences between the two. As much as Eve was criticised for zerging the map and pveing (etc etc that can be attributed to raid leaders of both sides), one of the constant refrains that I remember in his raids was to keep it fair, to disband raids/groups if they were unnecessary, and to leave creeps something to encourage them to leave Grams, yet sadly, the current crop of freeps do not appear to be sticking to that.

    I suppose its all very well pointing out the problems of the Moors, but how do we fix them? Freep classes at the moment are overpowered and creep classes (in general) are underpowered, and there's nothing that any of us players can do about this - that problem lies with Turbine, and I sincerely hope that its an issue which is remedied in the near future, because otherwise the Moors will empty of creeps. Yet what we can do, as freeps and creeps, is to think about what will encourage the other side to action - because the problem, and the bonus of the Moors, is that we're playing against real people, and without them around, we can't get infamy or gain ranks. The 'its a game, let us play how we want' refrain is all very well, but if we want to continue to enjoy the Moors, we need to make sure that both sides can continue to put up a decent fight, and for that we need to be more considerate. So, for instance, if the freeps are camping Grams with a blue map, and you are delivering your daily quests to TR/Ost and notice a small group of creeps killing the captain general, don't just OOC it and cause the hordes to map GV from Grams and charge in. By all means attack yourself, but its really not necessary to OOC everything. If GV is being camped and freeps are unable to break out, yet one low rank freep has made his way via the safe path to Grothum and is doing his/her daily quests, don't feel the need to OOC them either.

    Always have in the back of your mind a way of encouraging the action, even if it means switching to the other side and helping out (as I very reluctantly have done), because, if we don't, pvp on our server will die, and even if the classes are adjusted and things are equalised, there may not be any creeps (or, for that matter, freeps) that will return, and if that is the case, the last challenging content in the game will be gone.

    Apologies for the length of the post, but please consider what I've written, and hopefully we can see a return of decent action to our server.



    P.S. As a note to cappies, while I know that the new OPness of yellow line is wonderful and its a great feeling being god-mode, I really suggest going red, because 1) your dps will be far greater and you'll actually kill more creeps, and 2) red survivability is also rather powerful, yet there's actually a sense of risk associated with charging a red keep which case 6 creeps inside it, unlike yellow, when you can shrug off the NPCs and still whittle down the creeps.
    i love ur post mate and i would gladly log on creep try to help out.
    but the problem is the way some certain creeps act to freeps who switching side, getting hates tells and tell them to go back on freep.
    seriously they brought this on their own.
    i given up on the creep side and so have the ppl i play with.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

    —Oscar Wilde

  21. #3346
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,888
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapidash View Post
    i love ur post mate and i would gladly log on creep try to help out.
    but the problem is the way some certain creeps act to freeps who switching side, getting hates tells and tell them to go back on freep.
    seriously they brought this on their own.
    i given up on the creep side and so have the ppl i play with.
    This was something I really worried about when making the warleader that I'm currently playing - its probably no secret that Boon and I have had our differences before, and I've accused him of being a pve zerg leader (etc etc), and Boon holds a lot of sway creepside, and many creeps mimicked the opinions he had conveyed in his raids or on OOC. When I revealed who I was on my spider, groups wouldn't accept me, because I was Taravan, the 'pet' of Evelien, who only ever played with OP groups (again, etc etc).

    Yet I haven't encountered that problem recently. Perhaps the creeps who originally QQed realised that it wasn't worth doing so, or perhaps they realised that anyone who would log a creep at the moment instead of their overpowered freep truly wished for better action.

    And so while I completely understand why you'd want to give up on creepside, look at the state of creeps at the moment, and see that they need all the help that they can get, and that those who are just beginning to play aren't going to stick around for very long if they keep getting splatted in 3 shots. If nothing else play creepside for the challenge, because it truly is one nowadays, and while it is undoubtedly fun rolling around the Moors on freep and being unkillable, its far more satisfying if you are successful on a creep than on a freep (or at least I have personally found it to be so).

    And if people QQ... well, ignore them, for they are the ones that are responsible for the death of the server, and we shouldn't allow them to destroy Moors action for all of us.
    - Taravan, R12 Captain - Tirian, Tanking Guardian - Tolvax, Champion - And others...
    - Afranius, R9 WL - Tolobain, R7 Weaver - Vargan, R6 Stalker -

    Leader of Lost Realm of Imladris - Evernight - Co-Founder of Beauty and the Beasts

  22. #3347
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Nanda Parbat
    Posts
    569
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapidash View Post
    i love ur post mate and i would gladly log on creep try to help out.
    but the problem is the way some certain creeps act to freeps who switching side, getting hates tells and tell them to go back on freep.
    seriously they brought this on their own.
    i given up on the creep side and so have the ppl i play with.
    Hey, now the Moron wants a hug or a cookie? rofl kk m8 xd, or maybe both? That's not Disneyland!
    [CENTER][SIZE=1] Yuzuriha GDN R10 (Retired @ 2012 ) - [SIZE=1]Farruquita BA R12 Leader of "Sauron Loves Spain" (Evernight - since the beginning)[/SIZE]
    "HERE &[IMG]http://i60.tinypic.com/123mgqc.jpg[/IMG]& THERE" [/SIZE][/CENTER]

  23. #3348
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    125
    Quote Originally Posted by Tirian-Hammerfist View Post
    And if people QQ... well, ignore them, for they are the ones that are responsible for the death of the server, and we shouldn't allow them to destroy Moors action for all of us.
    It's Turbine who's responsible, thanks to their great effort for ettens. If the game is good and overall fun to play, there will be players, there will be action. If players "kill the server", again it's Turbine's fault because they allow it to happen. I know of only one person who got perma banned in lotro, and it was from using an anti-afk macro. lol.

    Also players can choose who they group up with, and if someone doesn't want to group up with another there's some reason behind. In that regard creeps have never been any different from freeps. A fact.
    [COLOR=#0000ff]~ Magellanic Moonsorrow ~ R13 ~ [/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#ff0000]~ Myrkky Hoitsu ~ R8 ~ [/COLOR]

  24. #3349
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,888
    Quote Originally Posted by qru View Post
    It's Turbine who's responsible, thanks to their great effort for ettens. If the game is good and overall fun to play, there will be players, there will be action. If players "kill the server", again it's Turbine's fault because they allow it to happen. I know of only one person who got perma banned in lotro, and it was from using an anti-afk macro. lol.

    Also players can choose who they group up with, and if someone doesn't want to group up with another there's some reason behind. In that regard creeps have never been any different from freeps. A fact.
    Of course its Turbine's fault, and I don't think I denied that. But many of us (unlike yourself, it seems) still want to play this game, and as such I was suggesting ways in which it could remain fun for us.

    As for the second part of what you say, it is indeed a fact, but I struggle to see how relevant stating the self-evident is.
    - Taravan, R12 Captain - Tirian, Tanking Guardian - Tolvax, Champion - And others...
    - Afranius, R9 WL - Tolobain, R7 Weaver - Vargan, R6 Stalker -

    Leader of Lost Realm of Imladris - Evernight - Co-Founder of Beauty and the Beasts

  25. #3350
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    125
    Quote Originally Posted by Tirian-Hammerfist View Post
    Of course its Turbine's fault, and I don't think I denied that. But many of us (unlike yourself, it seems) still want to play this game, and as such I was suggesting ways in which it could remain fun for us.

    As for the second part of what you say, it is indeed a fact, but I struggle to see how relevant stating the self-evident is.
    I'd play too if they hadn't ruined my class (loremaster is now just a lamemaster gameplay wise), would have liked to get r15. Also the point of that second thing is that why bother to "QQ" of one thing if you're doing exactly the same next day? But yeah it's not that relevant, tension between sides just creates more action. But it's been funny to read when ppl complain how "creeps deserve it" and so on.

    "and while it is undoubtedly fun rolling around the Moors on freep and being unkillable"

    Indeed most players are like that (yes I read the comment after that). Also the kind of "handicaps" or "mercy treatments" never work to actually improve the action for both sides any longer than for a moment. RoR after crit defence patch was a prime example of that. If you're OP in 1on1, you're even more OP in groups. You can give room for the other side, but in the end you'll still run over them. If things somehow get tough, you can optimize the group or get few more ppl and start over.

    It's good when ppl try to make action better, but most of time it's futile attempt or just boring gameplay.

    Lotro got the best possible IP and unique pvp, it has also been a great game (wouldn't have 10 mo /played on one character otherwise). I hope Turbine rises from the swamp and actually fixes things that need fixing.
    [COLOR=#0000ff]~ Magellanic Moonsorrow ~ R13 ~ [/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#ff0000]~ Myrkky Hoitsu ~ R8 ~ [/COLOR]

 

 
Page 134 of 164 FirstFirst ... 34 84 124 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 144 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload