We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

How to make Mischief Stance viable for group play as a CC/Debuffing Stance

The three ways I think to make Mischief Stance viable as a grouping stance are listed below, maybe this could be a great update to the burglar's game play for the next upcoming expansion Riders of Rohan?

1) when mischief stance is toggled and how many CC/Debuff traits (yellow trait line) you have equipped you can have +stun duration (for instance for each yellow trait it goes up by 10% of each yellow trait of original stun duration) riddle for instance 1 yellow 33s duration, 2 (20%) 36s, and so on (-cooldown can be legacied)

2) you can have a % chance to stun using surprise strike, cunning attack, and subtle stab, 10% chance on normal hits, 15% chance on crit, and 25% chance to stun on dev crits

3) when traited for cc/debuffs all cc/debuffing tricks can be stacked up to 2 times and all stuns can affect up to a 5 target frontal radius of the burglar, this could maybe be the 5 deep bonus?

but to make the stance not potentially game breaking in PVP (Moors/Spars/ETC.) all traits are voided and original stun duration is applied but halved (riddle from 30 seconds to 15 seconds) legacies do not get affected

(this is a copy paste from my comment on Ifreborn1's post about Mischief Stance)
    [B][FONT=arial]"We should always help those who are in need and ask for nothing in return, for helping is the reward"
    [/FONT][/B][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/4X69hvL.png?1[/IMG]

Re: How to make Mischief Stance viable for group play as a CC/Debuffing Stance

Say goodbye to Fellowship Maneuvers, as you are just suggesting providing MOBs with more stun immunity were this implemented. I hate running with other classes that stun frequently, particularly ones shorter than our 14 second combo.

PS: I didn't read the original thread, so don't have that context.

"Sometimes survival comes down to not being hit. Actually, most times." -the chicken skill, Bob and Weave
    Link to our community LOTRO store google spreadsheet pricelist and conversion rates, please contribute too!: https://goo.gl/wxPqCm

yeah, stuns are unwanted and unnecessary. What we need:

Split the abilities of A Small Snag up. First, make the legendary improve Revealing Mark by 3%. Second, make it improve Disable's attack speed by 10%. Third, make the Small Snag skill triple range (30m) and keep it as a 30 second root that also applies Dust in the Eyes.

Next, make the yellow line reduce the cooldown of riddle by 10s. This would give us a 40s riddle every 20s, allowing us to mezlock 2 targets.

Finally, bring back insane trick ranges.

from my perspective the only plce stuns are usefull are

1)in solo play
    2)in acid win t2 stunning the warg
    3)the traing dummby

as you can see anything realy worth stunning is imune and turbine likes it that way

well in my opinion my suggestions would more or less make the burglars role of CC more prominent. think of it this way, with the suggestions I provided it would
    1) Make the actual stance in it's self viable for group play and useful as well
    2) it would be more focused on the CC portian of the burglar rather then debuffing like gambler is

or (i sort of have been thinking of a way to combine gambler and mischief together)
    make a stanced called Gamblers Mischief that would combine the blue and yellow traits together as well as the Gambler and Mischief stances together but not entirely, if you trait more into yellow you unlock my suggestions for the stance, and if u trait more blue you would unlock the Gambler portion, but you would need 5 of each trait in order to unlock the bonuses the stance gives you

though you may not agree with my suggestions, i think that it would make the actual stance in its self useful, how many burgs actually use mischief stance over QK and Gambler? with this it would make the stance a viable choice, that and it would further enhance the gameplay of a burglar
    [B][FONT=arial]"We should always help those who are in need and ask for nothing in return, for helping is the reward"

Quote Originally Posted by Barney1119 View Post
    how many burgs actually use mischief stance over QK and Gambler?
    Most of us?

From Turbine's perspective, it's already so powerful, we aren't allowed to switch stances during combat!

Foundry, first trash hall I'm in Mischief, first boss, QK, back to Mischief for next trash, QK for trolls, Mischief for trash, QK for the one troll, Mischief for trash, then Gambler for second boss.

Now Mischief for trash until the corner landing where there is no Arrow/Fire-caller (QK) but back to Mischief through rest/piston room. Gambler for final fight.

Orthanc, depends on which trash you are talking about, Lightning and Shadow find me in Mischief mostly. F&F it depends who else is in the group whether I run QK or Mischief. Acid trash, Gambler stance.

Isengard three-mans and most other fellowship instances I am mostly QK, the D-Unleashed boss fight with adds prefers Mischief.

Solo skirmishes are the exception, I run them almost entirely in Mischief, only switching out for encounters/final bosses.

"Sometimes survival comes down to not being hit. Actually, most times." -the chicken skill, Bob and Weave
    Link to our community LOTRO store google spreadsheet pricelist and conversion rates, please contribute too!: https://goo.gl/wxPqCm

I mostly agree with you Barney1119, with the exception of the gigantic amount of stun possibilities. I'd rather focus on dazes and debuffs instead of a lot of chances to stun, the reason being that I want to be in control when and where I stun (would rather not do this by accident).

1) when mischief stance is toggled and how many CC/Debuff traits (yellow trait line) you have equipped you can have +stun duration (for instance for each yellow trait it goes up by 10% of each yellow trait of original stun duration) riddle for instance 1 yellow 33s duration, 2 (20%) 36s, and so on (-cooldown can be legacied)
    With this part here I agree, when in Mischief, and traited for CC, Riddle needs to truly stand out, and turn into the CC skill. Even as it is now at it's maximum feels a tad awkward to use and this change here might make it worth while to actually trait more CC when it's needed.

3) when traited for cc/debuffs all cc/debuffing tricks can be stacked up to 2 times and all stuns can affect up to a 5 target frontal radius of the burglar, this could maybe be the 5 deep bonus?
    Something like this I've always wanted, ability to debuff AoE. What comes to trick stacking, perhaps instead of 2 of the same trick, perhaps the 5 deep bonus could allow 2 unique tricks to be applied?

I fear that they'll have to do something about how tricks of two burglars stack before they'll buff the mischief line into the glory a debuff class deserves though
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2521c00000015d141/01000/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Wilrain View Post
    I mostly agree with you Barney1119, with the exception of the gigantic amount of stun possibilities. I'd rather focus on dazes and debuffs instead of a lot of chances to stun, the reason being that I want to be in control when and where I stun (would rather not do this by accident).
    well with #2 i should have probably explained it a little bit more, what I was going to say would be, with the % to stun using surprise strike, subtle stab, and cunning attack would be from the enitial hit after this unless you re-stealth you cannot get them to stun again.

With this part here I agree, when in Mischief, and traited for CC, Riddle needs to truly stand out, and turn into the CC skill. Even as it is now at it's maximum feels a tad awkward to use and this change here might make it worth while to actually trait more CC when it's needed.
    I like the burglar in it's current de-buffing state but it is lacking in CC which is why i had that as the #1 meaning the most useful, don't get me wrong LM's are the king's of CC, but shouldn't burgs be able to be picked when an LM isnt present? i think so.