We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Make mischeif stance awsome

I just thought of this and wanted to know if you all think i'm still supper crazzy.

New mischeif stance

same effects plus
    all incoming damage is turned into distributed damage anyone within burgs trick range 3.5-10m depending on the legacy take damage. non group dependent. so if you are in a pack of 10 friendlies and get hit for 1k everyone takes 100 damage.

Awsome ability/stance? new crazzy just could be fun and lead to some interesting game play?

Re: Make mischeif stance awsome

Im not sure a burg in a group needs to be 12-24 times harder to kill.

What are you wanting to achieve with a change like this?

Having it effect people that aren't even grouped with the burg would definitely be a bad idea.
    Merridan - Burglar lvl 105 (Rank 12)
    Gormadan - Minstrel lvl 105 (Rank 4) : Traldan - Captain lvl 105 : Celebdan - Weaver (Rank 11)

Damage distribution would create too much of a nightmare for minstrels. If we're talking about MM and survivability, maybe link mischief to knives out? Reduce cooldown, or increase absorption or something.
    [color=purple]Maedhroz ~ minstrel[/color] | [color=blue]Fenik ~ burglar[/color] | [color=red]Igot ~ lore master[/color] | [color=green]Nothinkin ~ hunter[/color]

how to make mischief stance good:

1) when mischief stance is toggled and how many CC/Debuff traits (yellow trait line) you have equipped you can have +stun duration (for instance for each yellow trait it goes up by 10% of each yellow trait of original stun duration) riddle for instance 1 yellow 33s duration, 2 (20%) 36s, and so on (-cooldown can be legacied)

2) you can have a % chance to stun using surprise strike, cunning attack, and subtle stab, 10% chance on normal hits, 15% chance on crit, and 25% chance to stun on dev crits

3) when traited for cc/debuffs all cc/debuffing tricks can be stacked up to 2 times and all stuns can affect up to a 5 target frontal radius of the burglar

but to make the stance not potentially game breaking in PVP (Moors/Spars/ETC.) all traits are voided and original stun duration is applied but halved (riddle from 30 seconds to 15 seconds) legacies do not get affected
    [B][FONT=arial]"We should always help those who are in need and ask for nothing in return, for helping is the reward"
    [/FONT][/B][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/4X69hvL.png?1[/IMG]

You dont need anything that complicated.

- Update the effects of Clever Retort so that is does decent damage and heals (esp red and blue). Maybe make it work like the raid set bonus all the time (always get a heal and a damage abilty)

- Get rid of the countdown timer on confound the fools and maybe lowers the cooldown time.

TADA
    MM stance now gives you
    - a chain mez (riddle)
    - Super long tricks that you can apply to a whole room in seconds (if you trait MM)
    - Access to a very good attack skill (Clever Retort)
    - an extra 2 (4) target short range mez

Thats MUCH better than what you get for going in gambler stance or QK stance (Of course it NEEDS to be much better since you lose stealth and IFA)
    Last edited by Mystarr; May 23 2012 at 06:02 PM.
    Merridan - Burglar lvl 105 (Rank 12)
    Gormadan - Minstrel lvl 105 (Rank 4) : Traldan - Captain lvl 105 : Celebdan - Weaver (Rank 11)

Quote Originally Posted by ifreborn1 View Post
    wanted to know if you all think i'm still supper crazzy.
    I don't think we will ever stop thinking that...
    Today is a good day for Pie.

Do not meddle in the affairs of Burglars, for they are subtle and quick to shank you.

Hmm. I like it better if you turn it around and make it a brand new trick:

DEFENDER'S RAGE - Your guile and wit confuse your opponent to the point that he can no longer tell friend from foe. In his defensive fury, the target deflects 50% of incoming damage from all attacks to the group's other opponents in a 5 meter range.

If the goal is to improve MM, then only make it available in Mischief.

Commenting specifically in regards to recent changes/additions to the most ''similar'' class to a burg which is warg.

Wouldn't like to see a copy of the warg flayer changes but that sort of attention to some of the burg stances would make sense. In mischief...maybe an armor or mit boost, make things like exploit opening and trip apply roots instead of stuns, add some chances for certain attacks to apply additional debuffs/state effects. An example would be making something like subtle stab have a chance to apply a different effect depending on what stance you're in...the resist debuff in MM, +gamble power on target in Gambler, +pos dmg on target in QK.
    "THE EDGE, there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over"
    — Hunter S. Thompson

Even if I think ifreborn1's idea is to powerfull, i like direction of, where it going. I mean on your other propositions are solo oriented, and that distribution make it absolutly group-only. I would like to have some group only stance that will be valuable and needed.
    Gifford brg // Clodvig mns // Clodas wrd
    Clodburz dfl
    WeRock
    Yes, english is not my native language.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxSydney View Post
    Hmm. I like it better if you turn it around and make it a brand new trick:

DEFENDER'S RAGE - Your guile and wit confuse your opponent to the point that he can no longer tell friend from foe. In his defensive fury, the target deflects 50% of incoming damage from all attacks to the group's other opponents in a 5 meter range.

If the goal is to improve MM, then only make it available in Mischief.
    Eh. I think it would be better if you changed that to 50% of the mob's outgoing damage.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c21400000006a50b/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    Hundvir - Lvl 75 RK | Periadoc - Lvl 41 Burglar | Estelriel - Lvl 75 Warden
    Proud member of Daro A Maetho, Elven RP Kinship, Crickhollow

Quote Originally Posted by TheAC View Post
    Eh. I think it would be better if you changed that to 50% of the mob's outgoing damage.
    And what do we get by that again? stronger mobs? raid wipe?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2322100000014ebd7/signature.png]Nokturn[/charsig]
    Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few