We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: New Warden

New Warden

New warden here, my warden is 32 and she only got there from becoming eastment farm/cook. Anywho I've quested and what not and I really like her, are there any tips or tricks as to remembering the gambits at all or it just comes to you the longer you use them? I have never tanked in any MMO before so I'm a little worried about tanking but have been reading some threads on it and what not. Like I said I'm really enjoying her

There are some gambits you should memorize, but there are too many (at least for me) to remember them all. If you search the forums here or any search engine you will find lots of charts. I initially used some of these. I've looked recently at them and I *think* most are out of date with changes made over the past few releases. That being said, for your level they will probably work.

What really helped me when I first started was the warden plugins you can download at lotrointerface.com. Plugins are (legal) third party software you can install and while they won't do the work for you they can help you by showing the combo's. WardenEase2 is the most up to date, but I have not used it, I used Gambit Helper 2 but I notice it hasn't been updated in a while.

As for tanking, honestly I haven't figured out how to do it correctly. A friend and I will do an instance (Library), he'll use his warden and I'll be on my hunter and he does great keeping aggro, if we switch (me on my warden, him on his RK) I tend to lose several mobs - even tho we use the same gambits. Anyway, my point is all you can do is practice, practice, practice.

Finally I would highly recommend taking a gander at this post http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.p...-Comprehensive, I found it very helpful. Keep in mind it is designed for level capp'd wardens.

Quote Originally Posted by Ullr_of_Aesir View Post
    There are some gambits you should memorize, but there are too many (at least for me) to remember them all. If you search the forums here or any search engine you will find lots of charts. I initially used some of these. I've looked recently at them and I *think* most are out of date with changes made over the past few releases. That being said, for your level they will probably work.

What really helped me when I first started was the warden plugins you can download at lotrointerface.com. Plugins are (legal) third party software you can install and while they won't do the work for you they can help you by showing the combo's. WardenEase2 is the most up to date, but I have not used it, I used Gambit Helper 2 but I notice it hasn't been updated in a while.

As for tanking, honestly I haven't figured out how to do it correctly. A friend and I will do an instance (Library), he'll use his warden and I'll be on my hunter and he does great keeping aggro, if we switch (me on my warden, him on his RK) I tend to lose several mobs - even tho we use the same gambits. Anyway, my point is all you can do is practice, practice, practice.

Finally I would highly recommend taking a gander at this post http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.p...-Comprehensive, I found it very helpful. Keep in mind it is designed for level capp'd wardens.
    Oooo! Thank you for the tips and I didn't know there were warden specific plugins, that's fantastic! Will check them out I downloaded the Wardenease2 and am loving it! I was wondering is there a way to hide the default gambit panel from the lotro interface? It's taking up unnecessary room lol
    Last edited by andinic28; Jul 20 2013 at 04:40 PM.

There are patterns to the gambits. It takes time to learn them but once you do, you will pretty much have them all down.
    100 Warden / RK / LM / Captain / Guardian / Hunter / Burg / Champ / Minstrel
    Brandywine

actually when you realize that there are gambit series it get easier. For example 12 , 121 , 1212 all are interrupts you only need to memorize the 5 and 4 gambits and realize that lesser gambits have similar but lesser effects. Otherwise put the gambits on toolbars using tonicbars like so on two lines each gambit series. Organize the gambits in groups by purpose. However, I am on working on learning it the hard way so I can have both hands on keyboard and eyes on the char and boss.

|1 |2 |1 |2 | gambit default
    |12|21|12
    Welleg - brandywine, Kelleg/Gelleg - Landroval
    WARNING: leveling a warden may cause you to neglect your other characters.

Series is a better word than patterns but that's exactly what I'm talking about.
    100 Warden / RK / LM / Captain / Guardian / Hunter / Burg / Champ / Minstrel
    Brandywine

Ah ok I see what you're saying

Is Asto's guide up to date? It seemed like when I used a gambit it was under threat but it should've been under the heal over time one?

Quote Originally Posted by andinic28 View Post
    Is Asto's guide up to date? It seemed like when I used a gambit it was under threat but it should've been under the heal over time one?
    Check your stance. Prob not in Determination, so you got neither threat NOR HoT.

One thing to memorize for sure are your healing gambits. All your morale taps and self heals are great, (exaltation of battle/fierce resolve according to your lvl). Those morale taps grant some threat over time and great heals. Also just spam skills like goad and war cry, basically all your aoe taunts and yells. One rotation i use is fierce resolve-I (forgot what the name is) Shield_Spear_sheild-War Cry- then do a bleed. Just continue that with an ocansional goad in there to keep aggro. I myself have a warden too, lvl 38, his name is adanspear and he lives on the riddermark server. hope this helped and have fun wardens are great.
    ~Ilsi

The moment I truly understand my enemy, understand him enough to destroy him, is the very moment I also love him.

Quote Originally Posted by ilsi View Post
    One thing to memorize for sure are your healing gambits. All your morale taps and self heals are great, (exaltation of battle/fierce resolve according to your lvl). Those morale taps grant some threat over time and great heals. Also just spam skills like goad and war cry, basically all your aoe taunts and yells. One rotation i use is fierce resolve-I (forgot what the name is) Shield_Spear_sheild-War Cry- then do a bleed. Just continue that with an ocansional goad in there to keep aggro. I myself have a warden too, lvl 38, his name is adanspear and he lives on the riddermark server. hope this helped and have fun wardens are great.
    Wow.. what is it today? Necropost #3 so far. My reply above yours is from July, so hopefully the OP is already to 85.

Now I look and see it is your first post. You may want to check the upper left hand corner of the post to see the date a post was put into the forums before bringing them back up to a current level.

Wardens and the game have a lot going on starting Monday, so your rotations will be gone then. FYI. So also is any advice for playing any class in the game from before that. We start a whole new game with the release of Helm's Deep.

The Warden is changing into a whole new class in all but name sadly.
    Khalis - A Captain of Imladris and Maethor of House Vanimar