We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Quest: Eyes in the Forest

I'm having trouble with this quest.

Objective: Andreg has asked you to help him scout the South Gravenwood -- specifically the path to the Rohirrim scout-camp -- for signs of Gwyllion's passage.

Been running up and down the path to South Gravenwood for well over an hour and feel like pulling my hair out.
    What exactly am I looking for? It isn't marked on the map and Andreg is getting super annoying with his mob pulling.

P.S. A google search lead me to some very confusing stuff about a deed (called Tracking an old goat). From my understanding if you finish the quest A Dark and Lonely Forest then you can't complete the deed, correct? If that's the issue, than that isn't my issue. I still have that quest up.

Re: Quest: Eyes in the Forest

The thread you found about Tracking an Old Goat probably is the very very long complaint thread before Turbine changed it so you CAN complete the deed even if you turn in the quest (by being able to summon Andreg again at the quest chain's starting point).

The quests linked to this are landscape hotspot quests. When you walk into the designated (hidden boundaries) area, a quest ring will light over Andreg. So yeah, it is hide-and-seek in the forest until the lightbulb shines over his head again and again. All the hotspots fortunately are either on the road or relatively close to it. Also, I recall it won't be immediately obvious but you'll need to kill the named shadow hound that spawns by the far end of Andger's trail in order to finalize the chain.

hope this helps

i was also running around finally triggered the quest for the hounds 82.9s 13.9 west. i killed an orc and the quest triggered.

Quote Originally Posted by Scyons View Post
    i was also running around finally triggered the quest for the hounds 82.9s 13.9 west. i killed an orc and the quest triggered.
    Confirmed. It triggers around there. There is a big grey tree. It triggers on its south side.

I tried this spot but nothing happened. Several times.

Did Andreg offer you any quests before this? I have ran and ran through the forest and didn’t activate a single task on Andreg. I was even notified at the end of the trail that the South Grawenwood path has been scouted, but no task has been activated.

This task is a major pain in the ###.

Quote Originally Posted by kaske View Post
    I tried this spot but nothing happened. Several times.

Did Andreg offer you any quests before this? I have ran and ran through the forest and didn’t activate a single task on Andreg. I was even notified at the end of the trail that the South Grawenwood path has been scouted, but no task has been activated.

This task is a major pain in the ###.
    try killing various mobs in the area. andreg gave me quests to kill craban and orcs after killing one of each of those, and one other quest. tonight i'll hopefully finish up by killing the named hound which i already killed once. hope i didn't mess it up and have to start it over.
    Last edited by goldensilence; Oct 09 2013 at 10:52 AM.

as a followup, after logging in last night (i was in south gravewood), as soon as i summoned andreg he had the next quest (killing hounds). finished that and the quest completed. so if you are still stuck in that area try re-logging.

The above location triggered the hound quest (kill 10), below is additional cords' for 2 more quest.

81.6S, 11.8W - after killing a craban i got 2 quest: Cruel Traps and Orc-Mischief. (Basically where it says Gravenwood on your Map. run to the W.)

It would appear there are 5 quest (deeds) for this. All of these seem to trigger West of the Rohirrim Scout-Camp. And one is towards the South (named hound Drugrir, Loc 81.8S, 10.7W). just follow the southern trail next to the camp where it makes a Hard Left that's where the hound is. I dont recall if this is associated with the quest chain, but to be safe... Its mentioned.

(Tracking an Old Goat) - Deed, Below are the quest names that should trigger. Unmounted BTW... Andreg needs to be summoned in order to get the quest to populate.
    Cruel Traps
    Grave Corruption
    Hunting the Pack
    Lost Caws
    Orc-Mischief

Hope this helps,
    Rrever - Elindilmer
    Last edited by Master_Sage1; Nov 25 2013 at 08:34 PM.

I gave up on this and deleted the quest ... I play for fun, not frustration.

I triggered the last two quests: Cruel Traps and Orc-Mischief at 82.0S, 12.2W after killing a Hunting Dusk Hound. My character marker on the map was just south of the word Gravenwood and pointed right between the E and N when facing North.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/032020000003add3a/signature.png]Wilinosi[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Crominas View Post
    I triggered the last two quests: Cruel Traps and Orc-Mischief at 82.0S, 12.2W after killing a Hunting Dusk Hound. My character marker on the map was just south of the word Gravenwood and pointed right between the E and N when facing North.
    Came here with the same issue, I found that the quest triggers appeared around corpses that are loot-able as well, namely the orc-trap quest which was the only one I didn't have completed and circled the big tree twice.