We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Revamped Moria - The Water Works - A New Gear

hiya, i'm trying to help a kinmate out with this quest... but it have massively changed since i did it. before the gear was handed to you by the dwarf inside the great wheel building. end of story. now you nee to find it in the tunnels of the building. she has scoured the tunnels looking for this ear to no avail. i have no idea how to help. anyone have any pointers on where to go to find it?

Re: Revamped Moria - The Water Works - A New Gear

NVM! she found it!

Do you mind telling me the location? I spent way too much time in those tunnels and still haven't found it
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2921e0000001f01be/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

You have to go to the top most tunnel and then go down ..and up in a zig zag fashion, the more salamanders the closer your getting, the gear is at the base of a statue in one of the rooms.

Well I rarely give up on a quest after spending so much time on it. But I searched and searched, only found one room with a statue in it that was full of glow worms. Nothing around that statue. Couldn't find any more rooms after that despite two hours of backtracking and searching.

when we found it, my kin mate swore she had been in that room a dozen times before and the gear wasn't there. i go in looking, and it is there. i think something is wonky.

Took me a while, but some guy on [Regional] was really helpful. There are two rooms with statues, one with glow-worms and one with toads. It's in the toad room, on the bottom level, after running up a curved passage. Spent half-an-hour in the glow-worm room in the dim hope that: "Perhaps it just has to respawn" -_-

Thanks for the info maybe I'll go back but i doubt it. i kinda just gave up on the waterworks.

Here (large images):

Screenshot of room
    Map
    [size=1][i]A spaceship from another star / They ask me where all the people are
    I tell them I'm the only one / There was a war, but I must have won[/i][/size]

I have the same problem - looked all over - found nothing - can anyone help?

I have the same problem - looked all over - found nothing - can anyone help?

Cool DIrections or map

Can anyone give specific directions to that room or perhaps a map to follow?

Quote Originally Posted by Conan0007 View Post
    Can anyone give specific directions to that room or perhaps a map to follow?
    Was my last post in this thread (the post JUST before yours) not enough .. ?

Red face Thanks!

That is perfect Naikimi - sorry I did not see it!
    Thank you very much!

Eastern entrance at the first intersection turn left, next intersection turn right, next left and follow the curve to the room.

I have slightly different yet similar problem. I can't even get this quest anywhere! I arrived into Rotting Cellar and to my surprise found only about five quests in total. I remember there used to be many more of them. The one around Great Wheel is just gone. What's going on?
    [color=#33FFFF]Many philosophical problems are caused by such things as the simple inability to shut up.[/color]

The Moria revamp. Try doing the quests you see.

Uh? I have no idea what are you talking about.
    [color=#33FFFF]Many philosophical problems are caused by such things as the simple inability to shut up.[/color]

Quote Originally Posted by The-Walrus View Post
    I have slightly different yet similar problem. I can't even get this quest anywhere! I arrived into Rotting Cellar and to my surprise found only about five quests in total. I remember there used to be many more of them. The one around Great Wheel is just gone. What's going on?
    The quests have been redone in Turbine's new and "improved" (ugh!) linear style. That generally means you can do only a few quests at a time, and these must be completed before the next batch of quests are made available to you. If you continue doing the quests you see in the Waterworks, you will eventually be directed to all of them, including those at the Great Wheel.

I'm not sure why Turbine has chosen to make their new quest lines linear. I prefer the old method.
    Mandelbaum, 105 Champ; PeabodySherman, 100 LM, House of Mooters, Landroval
    Rembandor, 85 Champ, Penquanta Periannath, Laurelin

Quote Originally Posted by The-Walrus View Post
    Uh? I have no idea what are you talking about.
    Just do the quests you can see instead of trying to skip ahead.

And read the developer diary about the Moria first half revamp if you care to know why it changed.

Rest assured the New Gear quest is in the game still.

I should have been more informative.
    I did EVERYTHING I could in Rotting Cellar and I didn't skip anything ahead. Still there is no quest that would even mention that place.

edit: I did read the dev diary. Yeah, revamp, sure. I don't mind. I like what they did (except for the lightning and some physical changes to the zones)
    Last edited by The-Walrus; Jul 18 2012 at 02:35 PM.

Even in the camp inside Gabil Munz?

What's that? There's entirely new camp? :-O

Yes, at least one of the new quests should have vectored you there.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Nakiami View Post
    Here (large images):

Screenshot of room
    Map
    thanks so much! only had to fight 3 salamanders and one interfering lizard... was in and out in a couple of minutes...
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/07206000000164238/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    Alts: Katalin/warden (65), Katseye/hunter (66), Katriann/minstrel (55)

Quote Originally Posted by Nakiami View Post
    Yes, at least one of the new quests should have vectored you there.
    Guess what - I missed one little grey ring on the minimap. It was barely to be seen and of course it opened 10 other quests...lol

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast