We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

UI layout not saving properly?

I set the UI the way I wanted on one char and saved it to a file. I loaded it on other chars without problems and kept using it. No idea if it's old or new bug, but recently I noticed something was not right. One of the chat windows was smaller than it should be, and some elements were a little off. Reloading the layout fixed it, but why does it not save? I had to do it several times this week.
    [color=#33FFFF]Many philosophical problems are caused by such things as the simple inability to shut up.[/color]

Re: UI layout not saving properly?

I get this issue when I make one of the following mistakes:

1) I do not have the screen resolution, desktop resolution and the size of the Lotro client on my desktop set up correctly before saving the UI.

2) I do not have the screen resolution, desktop resolution and the size of the Lotro client on my desktop set up exactly the same way as when I saved it in point 1.

The game will auto resize the components if there is a mismatch when loading.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Yula_the_Mighty View Post
    I get this issue when I make one of the following mistakes:

1) I do not have the screen resolution, desktop resolution and the size of the Lotro client on my desktop set up correctly before saving the UI.

2) I do not have the screen resolution, desktop resolution and the size of the Lotro client on my desktop set up exactly the same way as when I saved it in point 1.

The game will auto resize the components if there is a mismatch when loading.
    Hm, I never change the resolution at all. Weird. But maybe even jumping to fullscreen causes it. I know I do it from time to time.
    [color=#33FFFF]Many philosophical problems are caused by such things as the simple inability to shut up.[/color]

Quote Originally Posted by The-Walrus View Post
    Hm, I never change the resolution at all. Weird. But maybe even jumping to fullscreen causes it. I know I do it from time to time.
    That is your problem. You can't change anything.

In order for game to work correctly in this situation, you need a full screen and windowed UI save. Each time you change between windowed and full screen, you load the correct UI.

Sometimes when you go from windowed to full screen, it may look usable. The other way full screen to windowed will screw up every time.
    Last edited by Yula_the_Mighty; May 21 2012 at 10:30 PM.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Yula_the_Mighty View Post
    That is your problem. You can't change anything.

In order for game to work correctly in this situation, you need a full screen and windowed UI save. Each time you change between windowed and full screen, you load the correct UI.

Sometimes when you go from windowed to full screen, it may look usable. The other way full screen to windowed will screw up every time.
    Balls, that's annoying!
    Guess I will just add two shortcuts for this. Praise TonicBars!!

But maybe not, I switch to fullscreen about once per month - I just alt tab between lots of stuff too much. The game does look much better in fullscreen though. Sigh.

Ok after some more time I can say something is fishy around here, because the layout goes a BIT off even without going fullscreen just once. I couldn't figure out the circumstances at all though Weird.
    I managed to make a workaround by saving a layout exactly the way I want it and putting a shortcut for loading it into a hotbar. Better than nothing.