We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: You feel as though you are being followed x 100

there are so many ways to escape although u got tracked alle the time.
    i will not talk about them in the forum, try to find them out for yourself ;-)
    or why not just save your cd's and die. it does not harm you in rl
    an other way would be to learn to analyse situations better to not get in situations like those u describe.
    burglar r13 - ministrel r10 - reaver r9 - warleader r10 - stalker r9 - blackarrow r8 - defiler r8 ...

Not so bad on E.

But anyway - Meh - I personally like more challenge.

It makes getting KB's all the more satisfying.

Oh and for the record. I'm a terrible PvPer..... But I still get out and have a go
    Progress demands development of individuality; mediocrity seeks perpetuation in standardization.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashi View Post
    You feel as though you are being followed x 100...

I'm a hobbit burglar and am used to getting tracked a lot. But, since the changes to wargs and the introduction of store trackers, I am tracked to ridiculous extremes.

It is not unusual to get tracked 30 or 40 (or more) times in a 30 minute period. A long playing session can involve more than 100 tracks.

For me, it has become incredibly tedious game-play.

I suggest 3 changes:

1. You must be unstealthed before you can track anyone. Currently, Wargs (and Hunters) can sit at long range, in stealth and repeatedly track in total safety. Some people use tracking as an irritation tactic with no intention of attacking.

2. Stealth level should have some sort of counter effect on tracking. I prefer the idea of stealth level limiting the tracking range (while stealthed). However, chance of resisting a track might also be a good idea.

3. Whoever is tracking should be named. If someone is spam tracking me, then I want to thank them personally. It also gives an idea if its a solo or a pack after me.

I don't any of think these ideas are overpowered.

I am sure some Wargs will flame (when don't they?). However, Wargs lose some, gain some out of the proposition. Even, Turbine doesn't really lose out much. It will affect store bought trackers much less. So Turbine can still make a lot of cash out of those.
    Fully agree, now the burgs in the big servers don't feel it because they can just leave that fight and roam the map for kills but in the case of lesser populated servers like arkenstone iam in it sucks a big time now, i either roam the map for 2h to find 4 kills or just stick around the other groups and fights which means spam track like hell.

most of the wargs i fought just fully cowards really like they jump you and ones they are 50%hp its either hips or sprint lol so really the wargs alone not a problem but the packs/raids is kinda overkill for the hips of the burg and all what he has with Uruks and wargs spam tracking!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0820700000016610d/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Tirn View Post
    Just cant agree with this , Aldy is quite right , tracking is awful and the number of wargs that have appeared due to the massive buff they received is appalling and cant be good for the game .

However in the moors Burgs have been slowly but surely nerfed by some "burg hatin" "warg lovin" person at Turbine . If we have a burg developer there then I would suggest they resign as they have been about as much use to us as an ashtray on a motorbike !!

The last straw for me came when bags were incapable of being upgraded with crystals (gather that this is being dealt with today) its just one kick below the belt after another for me .

Just remove the ability to track a stealthed class for everyone other than the hunter and BA (even then they have to trait for it) . However stealth should play an important role . +11 stealth should mean you are incapable of being tracked by any class . At the moment its useless (may as well be +5 or lower) so the continued existence of stealth or even stealth level in the game is questionable
    yeah i see your point, but we burgs still can win 9/10 fights with any class. anyway the wargs right now have many advantages on burgs like the run speed, tracking, stealth level and some of there skills really just pass through TAG without being evaded.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0820700000016610d/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Dawnsinger View Post
    If getting tracked is a huge problem for you then try using the track to lure your opponent into a trap. Do that a couple of times and ppl might be less eager to hunt you with tracks. (trap for instance could be warg getting tracked backing down towards a large pack while calling for the pack to go forwards, effectively landing the trackers in the middle of a large pack they hadn't known was there) Replace warg with burglar and you've got a setup for at least 1 trap against a tracker.

If you're getting hunted by an entire raid or such, isn't it fair that you get caught? any other class would in that case, so why not stealth classes? also if you keep on running, going in and out of stealth when you get tracked, you still have a good chance at getting away.
    Burgs would be massive op without tracks tbh.....i suggest 1 fix keep tracks etc etc just introduce 1 more way to lose them (water) run in water drops the track ,i.e also can't be tracked in water will only help now and then while close to waters edge but we can't drop or limit been tracked jeez imagine ettons would be full of burgs again.

Warg stalkers feed on me alot ,tbh don't have to be that way i could easy scout edges of the less populated areas but i like the challenge ,stuff ratings take on the challenge.

Now come hunt me raptors
    Last edited by minnimeepouch; May 30 2012 at 01:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Macgregor1821 View Post
    LOL April 2011
    means nothing i been playing years...that's forum date.

This is why I quit playing the Burglar on my server. We have BA's and WL's EVERYWHERE. It's usually ends up coming down to being tracked 10 seconds after stealthing. Why do I even bother stealthing anymore -.-

A few things that a burg can currently do to help with spam tracking

- Run with good stealth lvl (+6 or better). If creeps don't get the message that there is something hidden nearby then they are less likely to track in the first place.

- Assuming you aren't in the middle of a bunch of hostile NPCs or a creep raid, if you are tracked while in stealth you should immediately mount up and ride away for 10s then dismount, stealth, and change directions.

- Be paranoid: You only get the tracking message if a creep selects your name from the tracking window. They can keep the window up (for 30s?) and watch the distance from you in the window as they move around to zero in on you without actually tracking you. Then when they are a couple of meters away from you they can select you from the tracking window and attack. If you suspect there is more than one creep around that can track you then after you throw off the first track wait about 10s and mount up again. Then ride off in another direction for 10s, dismount, and restealth. Do this a couple of times even if you haven't received the tracking message.

- If you are a hobbit, consider slotting the hobbit stealth racial trait. Its a fairly long cooldown, but hobbit stealth in on a separate cooldown from burg stealth. This means that if you are tracked while in burg stealth, you can unstealth and immediately use hobbit stealth to lose the track (No 10s delay waiting on stealth cd.) When you get retracked drop the hobbit stealth and you can immediately go back into burg stealth to lose the next track. If you are tracked again... you should be somewhere else on the map by now or you are just asking to be killed.

- If you are near a cliff or bridge etc, hit safe fall BEFORE you hips. If you use safe fall after you hips then it will break your stealth. If you hit safe fall before you hips then you have 10s to get to the cliff and drop to safety before your safe fall wears off.

- Creeps cant track when they are in combat. Lead them on a merry chase through some hostile npcs and they cant track you until they run the npcs off (or kill them). Use this time to make your escape.

- Be aware of the types of situations where stealth will (or will not) save you. If you are out solo and run into a creep raid that knows you are around and starts tracking you, then will be lucky to get away even if all of your cds are up. UPSHOT - You don't need to be in that area by yourself! If there are other freeps around then you just need to be out of the area before all of the other freeps are dead and the raid decides to focus on finding stealthed targets.

- Sometimes you are just going to die. It's the moors. If you don't want to die you probably shouldn't be in the moors. (I personally play pretty aggressively and don't particularly worry about ratings, but I have noticed that prior to RoI and audacity my rating was usually somewhere between 1.4 and 1.6. Now its usually somewhere between 1.6 and 1.8. Upshot: Im getting more kills per death then I was before all these changes...)
    Last edited by Mystarr; May 30 2012 at 03:58 PM.
    Merridan - Burglar lvl 105 (Rank 12)
    Gormadan - Minstrel lvl 105 (Rank 4) : Traldan - Captain lvl 105 : Celebdan - Weaver (Rank 11)

Quote Originally Posted by Mystarr View Post
    A few things that a burg can currently do to help with spam tracking

- Run with good stealth lvl (+6 or better). If creeps don't get the message that there is something hidden nearby then they are less likely to track in the first place.

- Assuming you aren't in the middle of a bunch of hostile NPCs or a creep raid, if you are tracked while in stealth you should immediately mount up and ride away for 10s then dismount, stealth, and change directions.

- Be paranoid: You only get the tracking message if a creep selects your name from the tracking window. They can keep the window up (for 30s?) and watch the distance from you in the window as they move around to zero in on you without actually tracking you. Then when they are a couple of meters away from you they can select you from the tracking window and attack. If you suspect there is more than one creep around that can track you then after you throw off the first track wait about 10s and mount up again. Then ride off in another direction for 10s, dismount, and restealth. Do this a couple of times even if you haven't received the tracking message.

- If you are a hobbit, consider slotting the hobbit stealth racial trait. Its a fairly long cooldown, but hobbit stealth in on a separate cooldown from burg stealth. This means that if you are tracked while in burg stealth, you can unstealth and immediately use hobbit stealth to lose the track (No 10s delay waiting on stealth cd.) When you get retracked drop the hobbit stealth and you can immediately go back into burg stealth to lose the next track. If you are tracked again... you should be somewhere else on the map by now or you are just asking to be killed.

- If you are near a cliff or bridge etc, hit safe fall BEFORE you hips. If you use safe fall after you hips then it will break your stealth. If you hit safe fall before you hips then you have 10s to get to the cliff and drop to safety before your safe fall wears off.

- Creeps cant track when they are in combat. Lead them on a merry chase through some hostile npcs and they cant track you until they run the npcs off (or kill them). Use this time to make your escape.

- Be aware of the types of situations where stealth will (or will not) save you. If you are out solo and run into a creep raid that knows you are around and starts tracking you, then will be lucky to get away even if all of your cds are up. UPSHOT - You don't need to be in that area by yourself! If there are other freeps around then you just need to be out of the area before all of the other freeps are dead and the raid decides to focus on finding stealthed targets.

- Sometimes you are just going to die. It's the moors. If you don't want to die you probably shouldn't be in the moors. (I personally play pretty aggressively and don't particularly worry about ratings, but I have noticed that prior to RoI and audacity my rating was usually somewhere between 1.4 and 1.6. Now its usually somewhere between 1.6 and 1.8. Upshot: Im getting more kills per death then I was before all these changes...)

That is a very good post on how to play a Burglar in stealth !

However, I still stand by my original post - Burglars ARE TRACKED FAR TOO OFTEN.

Quote Originally Posted by mattg18 View Post
    what does this have to do with anything??? do you think because someone didnt play as long as others that they dont know what they are talking about or something? being spam tracked is more of a problem now than it was before april 2011...
    Quote Originally Posted by Macgregor1821 View Post
    LOL April 2011
    +rep. Thank you! Someone finally noticed this.
    I've been at the mercy of men just following orders. Never again.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2