We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

You feel as though you are being followed x 100

You feel as though you are being followed x 100...

I'm a hobbit burglar and am used to getting tracked a lot. But, since the changes to wargs and the introduction of store trackers, I am tracked to ridiculous extremes.

It is not unusual to get tracked 30 or 40 (or more) times in a 30 minute period. A long playing session can involve more than 100 tracks.

For me, it has become incredibly tedious game-play.

I suggest 3 changes:

1. You must be unstealthed before you can track anyone. Currently, Wargs (and Hunters) can sit at long range, in stealth and repeatedly track in total safety. Some people use tracking as an irritation tactic with no intention of attacking.

2. Stealth level should have some sort of counter effect on tracking. I prefer the idea of stealth level limiting the tracking range (while stealthed). However, chance of resisting a track might also be a good idea.

3. Whoever is tracking should be named. If someone is spam tracking me, then I want to thank them personally. It also gives an idea if its a solo or a pack after me.

I don't any of think these ideas are overpowered.

I am sure some Wargs will flame (when don't they?). However, Wargs lose some, gain some out of the proposition. Even, Turbine doesn't really lose out much. It will affect store bought trackers much less. So Turbine can still make a lot of cash out of those.

Re: You feel as though you are being followed x 100

dude just roll a warg, mini, champ or sopmthing else.

The burg will never be good in pvp again. someone with a grudge wants it that way.

thats all you need to know.
    Last edited by ifreborn1; May 19 2012 at 09:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ifreborn1 View Post

The burg will never be good in pvp again. someone with a grudge wants it that way.

Just a little bit negative there!

Thanks for you input. However, I don't really think its relevant to the discussion on tracking.

Could we please keep it on topic and give Turbine some decent feedback.
    Last edited by Ashi; May 19 2012 at 10:19 PM. Reason: simplify logic

It's worse as a man burg, since you then have Uruks and Wargs( since 90% of them bought Sense Prey in the store) spam tracking you.

I would love for stealth level to do something about tracking, but don't get your hopes up for any PvMP motivated changes to the Burglar class (or any class).

Quote Originally Posted by Ashi View Post
    You feel as though you are being followed x 100...

I'm a hobbit burglar and am used to getting tracked a lot. But, since the changes to wargs and the introduction of store trackers, I am tracked to ridiculous extremes.

It is not unusual to get tracked 30 or 40 (or more) times in a 30 minute period. A long playing session can involve more than 100 tracks.

For me, it has become incredibly tedious game-play.

I suggest 3 changes:

1. You must be unstealthed before you can track anyone. Currently, Wargs (and Hunters) can sit at long range, in stealth and repeatedly track in total safety. Some people use tracking as an irritation tactic with no intention of attacking.

2. Stealth level should have some sort of counter effect on tracking. I prefer the idea of stealth level limiting the tracking range (while stealthed). However, chance of resisting a track might also be a good idea.

3. Whoever is tracking should be named. If someone is spam tracking me, then I want to thank them personally. It also gives an idea if its a solo or a pack after me.

I don't any of think these ideas are overpowered.

I am sure some Wargs will flame (when don't they?). However, Wargs lose some, gain some out of the proposition. Even, Turbine doesn't really lose out much. It will affect store bought trackers much less. So Turbine can still make a lot of cash out of those.
    Kinda sad that player's proposed ideas have to accomodate Turbine's desire to make $ thru the store because they're marketing is so ineffective and poorly planned that they can't get enough subscriptions and new members :/

Quote Originally Posted by ifreborn1 View Post

Burgs still very powerfull stop making posts like this just cause your a bad player.

As for the tracking it blows and I like the idea of stealth lvl meaning more but they won't change anything.

Post Re: You feel as though you are being followed x 100

Yup and I sit on the other side of the moors on my Warg and find myself being tracked by every Burg and Hunter around. So if you want it fixed for Wargs, then you should also reasonably fixed for Hunters and Burgs. I for one, think it just makes gameplay more interesting.

Burglars can still kill creeps fast and move around the map with ease. Hips x2 and evade if they need to.

There could be a stat called "Elusive Movements Rating" where you have a chance at not getting tracked. Passive x% on all classes. Can be improved by +% on maybe pvp armor, added to stealth trait for those classes or added to tracking trait for hunters, maybe a legacy. Would be reasonable that heavies wouldn't get this stat on any armor or trait or legacy because they aren't too elusive. same with WLs, Reavers.

The fix is simple. If you've been tracked, you gain track immunity for a short period of time. Just like stun immunity. It is ridiculous that you can be tracked, unstealth, restealth, and be tracked a second later. There needs to be some kind of a cooldown for BEING tracked, not on tracking. But that's me.

Quote Originally Posted by vertigo07 View Post
    There needs to be some kind of a cooldown for BEING tracked, not on tracking. But that's me.
    Not just you. I think it's a great idea.

As a burglar we have great advantage from stealth an tracking is the counter defence of our stealth. I'm ok with tracking mechanics... the problem is the P2W stuff in store that allow everyone to track... that's the only thing that i would like be removed.

The fix is simple. If you've been tracked, you gain track immunity for a short period of time. Just like stun immunity. It is ridiculous that you can be tracked, unstealth, restealth, and be tracked a second later. There needs to be some kind of a cooldown for BEING tracked, not on tracking. But that's me.
    Great idea. Simple and fair. +1

/signed. Simple, workable, love it.

My take (I played both burg and hunter freeps and a warg at one time or another):

You shouldn't be notified at all that you are being tracked unless the tracker (or his group) is moving towards you. And it should tell you from whence they are coming...Someone is tracking you off to the east...

If you ARE being tracked, then the tracker cannot be in stealth, or at least not to you.

There should be a cover-your-tracks skill you can do out of combat and out of stealth that nullifies tracking. It would have some fair amount of cool-down and only available a fair distance from the tracker.
    [COLOR=#ffff00]''[I]A man[/I] of rare [I]perception[/I]. In fact [he] had such rare [I]perceptions[/I] they amounted to hallucinations.'' [I]Walt Kelly
    [/I][/COLOR][COLOR=#add8e6]
    Dottiel,[/COLOR][COLOR=#faebd7] Kinship(s): [/COLOR][COLOR=#00ff00]There is no Fifth Star[/COLOR][COLOR=#faebd7] (Meneldor)[/COLOR]; [COLOR=#00ff00]Fifth Star Vagabonds[/COLOR][COLOR=#faebd7] (Riddermark)[/COLOR]

What pisses me off about the tracks more than anything else is simply when I'm scouting for my raid. If i'm trying to keep within eye shot of the creep raid to keep tabs on them, i get tracked...i used to be able to simply unstealth and restealth or hips and i was fine. However now, once they know you're there...they spam tracks and you simply cant keep tabs. I know some people go "oh it makes it more of a challenge"....if a challenge was what people really wanted, they wouldnt have tracks at all.

Completly agree, our tools have slowly been taken off us over the last few years...........Stealth (once our biggest weapon imo) is now worthless when any creep can spam track the hell outta you. Ive lost count of the number of times ive had to blow all cd's to escape a Zerg raid due to consistant tracks from classes shouldnt be able to and/or P2W numpties.

The changes should be across the board for any class either give a cd to stop spam tracking or if they are so desperate to take players money then create a pot which drops the track!!

Personally I would happily see it dissapear from the game, I see it abused way to much by the FOTM warg packs that have emerged due to the recent buff they got

I wont hold my breath......

towards tracking, honestly it's not a big huge deal, it's annoying, and absurd, i just hate how bugged they can be. honestly they should allowed wargs, and hunters to only track, since they basically have the racial and class spective to do so, towards the burg being useless in moors, i dont get how it's useful, to be honest most burgs that know their class in moors can take down a rank creep, big woopydoda, they get stronger as they level, tweak your character a bit more increasing damage and survivalility rather trolling the forums that it seems you dont even want to play the class the way it is designed, i rarely die most of the time to stupidity, that's the burgs problem, if you dont play smart, congrats you got yourself killed, welcome to the world of pvp, think before you commit.

Quote Originally Posted by Brodrick View Post
    Yup and I sit on the other side of the moors on my Warg and find myself being tracked by every Burg and Hunter around. So if you want it fixed for Wargs, then you should also reasonably fixed for Hunters and Burgs. I for one, think it just makes gameplay more interesting.
    This might be a noob question, but how can a burg track a warg?

Quote Originally Posted by maedhros_sindar View Post
    This might be a noob question, but how can a burg track a warg?
    Pay2Win

Quote Originally Posted by RainsLegacy View Post
    towards tracking, honestly it's not a big huge deal, it's annoying, and absurd, i just hate how bugged they can be. honestly they should allowed wargs, and hunters to only track, since they basically have the racial and class spective to do so, towards the burg being useless in moors, i dont get how it's useful, to be honest most burgs that know their class in moors can take down a rank creep, big woopydoda, they get stronger as they level, tweak your character a bit more increasing damage and survivalility rather trolling the forums that it seems you dont even want to play the class the way it is designed, i rarely die most of the time to stupidity, that's the burgs problem, if you dont play smart, congrats you got yourself killed, welcome to the world of pvp, think before you commit.
    I love generic patronising posts like this, lets not address any issues with the class and just pretend that everything is fine..........I particularly like the bit about increase damage and survivability at the same time. Big gratz for that insightful post.

Quote Originally Posted by RainsLegacy View Post
    LOL April 2011

if you are having problems with being spam tracked maybe you should change your playstyle...normally the ones i see that are being spam tracked either are star hugging, going to high traffic areas or just pissed off alot of ppl on the other side...

Quote Originally Posted by Macgregor1821 View Post
    LOL April 2011
    what does this have to do with anything??? do you think because someone didnt play as long as others that they dont know what they are talking about or something? being spam tracked is more of a problem now than it was before april 2011...
    ---------------Landroval-----------------
    Alsander-r13 burg

Burgs are fine in the moors atm, tracking or not? While stealth level should have some impact, you shouldn't have complete invisibility in stealth, people should be able to find you.

If getting tracked is a huge problem for you then try using the track to lure your opponent into a trap. Do that a couple of times and ppl might be less eager to hunt you with tracks. (trap for instance could be warg getting tracked backing down towards a large pack while calling for the pack to go forwards, effectively landing the trackers in the middle of a large pack they hadn't known was there) Replace warg with burglar and you've got a setup for at least 1 trap against a tracker.

If you're getting hunted by an entire raid or such, isn't it fair that you get caught? any other class would in that case, so why not stealth classes? also if you keep on running, going in and out of stealth when you get tracked, you still have a good chance at getting away.
    Duskdancer, warg: If found please return to Gwairin, lvl 85 hunter in Evernight

Smile Re: You feel as though you are being followed x 100

Quote Originally Posted by LEGOLAD View Post
    Burgs are fine in the moors atm, tracking or not? While stealth level should have some impact, you shouldn't have complete invisibility in stealth, people should be able to find you.
    Just cant agree with this , Aldy is quite right , tracking is awful and the number of wargs that have appeared due to the massive buff they received is appalling and cant be good for the game .

However in the moors Burgs have been slowly but surely nerfed by some "burg hatin" "warg lovin" person at Turbine . If we have a burg developer there then I would suggest they resign as they have been about as much use to us as an ashtray on a motorbike !!

The last straw for me came when bags were incapable of being upgraded with crystals (gather that this is being dealt with today) its just one kick below the belt after another for me .

Just remove the ability to track a stealthed class for everyone other than the hunter and BA (even then they have to trait for it) . However stealth should play an important role . +11 stealth should mean you are incapable of being tracked by any class . At the moment its useless (may as well be +5 or lower) so the continued existence of stealth or even stealth level in the game is questionable

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast