We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Question Helegrod Cosmetic Gear - Store Exclusive?

The current promotion for the LOTRO Store is the Helegrod Cosmetic Gear and it is listed as a store exclusive.

You can buy this from the cosmetics skirm vendor, so how exactly is this a store exclusive? Unless it is meant that only the bundled outfits are the store exclusives; but that is very misleading.

Am I missing something here?

http://www.lotro.com/lotrostorelimit...cosmetic-gear-
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b0000001a27a4/01004/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Re: Helegrod Cosmetic Gear - Store Exclusive?

This is the case for a few other store exclusives as well.
    Let's just be happy they haven't removed it from the game (yet)

I just wish these were account wide. Can get pretty spendy if you play on multiple servers.

That looks like the low level Hele gear though and not the 65 version. In which case it's not in skirm camps afaik
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=#008000]If it moves, kill it - Then look for more things to kill[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Fralin View Post
    That looks like the low level Hele gear though and not the 65 version. In which case it's not in skirm camps afaik
    No, but it is available in Rivendell.
    Crell-L85-Champion - Riddermark ; Swego-L85-Burglar ; Kotvi-L95-Runekeeper
    Delego-L85 Hunter ; Stodden-L51-Captain ; Edhul-L61-Loremaster
    Deglorion - SoA XP Disabler

I think sets are same for that and skirmish ceremonial gear.
    Only hope it doesn't mean it will be removed from skirmish vendors

It is the level 50 Helegrod gear from when you bartered specific loot drops in Rivendell for the pieces... not the level 65 gear that we got when Helegrod was re-done. I honestly can't even remember the difference between the two though. My Hunter only had a couple of pieces when Helegrod first came out, but has the full set of the re-done Helegrod.
    [CENTER]
    [/CENTER]

You can acquire the same L50 gear for marks and medallions in rivendell.

Quote Originally Posted by Crell_1 View Post
    You can acquire the same L50 gear for marks and medallions in rivendell.
    but only for your class, corrrect? (its also on teh skirm vendors too, btw)

i know this would limit you to armor-type, at least, but could a champ equip guard helegrod armor, cosmetically? im forgetting the mechanics of the waredrobe and am blanking... dont you have to euip/bind the items to use em in the wardrobe? if they are BoA, taht could fix that part, i suppose.
    "I am always serious; I am never serious." -Me
    "I make the most outrageous and exaggerated statements of any man to ever live, has ever lived, or that will ever live." -Me

Quote Originally Posted by SapienChavez View Post
    but only for your class, corrrect? (its also on teh skirm vendors too, btw)

i know this would limit you to armor-type, at least, but could a champ equip guard helegrod armor, cosmetically? im forgetting the mechanics of the waredrobe and am blanking... dont you have to euip/bind the items to use em in the wardrobe? if they are BoA, taht could fix that part, i suppose.

The L65 gear is on the skirm camp vendor, the L50 gear is on the rivendel vendor and cheaper.
    You do not have to be able to equip the gear to put it in your wardrobe, and it is bound when you acquire it.

This is real gear, not ceremonial gear. Yes you can pick up other classes gear.

The L65 gear is on the skirm camp vendor, the L50 gear is on the rivendel vendor and cheaper.
    You do not have to be able to equip the gear to put it in your wardrobe, and it is bound when you acquire it.

This is real gear, not ceremonial gear. Yes you can pick up other classes gear.
    the lvl 50 gear was on the skirm vendor the other day when i noticed the new Rift Cosmetics.

i know this because ive been wanting it, cosmetically, on my Capn as part of my complete capn sets (part of me was sad to see my hard earneed rift set on there... tehn again, now i can get the champ set!) and was about to buy the red/gold "real" version in Riv, but saw it on the skirm vendor. not the Blue/orange lvl 65 stuff. i know what i saw

im aware it is real gear... that is why im asking if a champ can equip the guard armor. most class armor is restricted and would not allow you to place it in the waredrobe (AFAIR). why i also asked about the BoA stuff, as that might let you add it to you waredrobe even is you cannot wear the item.
    "I make the most outrageous and exaggerated statements of any man to ever live, has ever lived, or that will ever live." -Me

im aware it is real gear... that is why im asking if a champ can equip the guard armor.
    No. The Champion can equip the Champion set. You can put any set in the cosmetic slots via the wardrobe. If you got 58+ level characters you not going to equip the level 50 Annuminas, Rift or Helegrod sets.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Yula_the_Mighty View Post
    No. The Champion can equip the Champion set. You can put any set in the cosmetic slots via the wardrobe. If you got 58+ level characters you not going to equip the level 50 Annuminas, Rift or Helegrod sets.
    i knew that answer... champs cannot wear guard specific armor... I should have asked more specifically:

can a Champ drop "real" Guard armor DIRECTLY into thier costmetic slots? can you drop them directly into the waredrob, if you cannot wear the item (regardless of it being bound or not)?

i also know you can drop any set into a cosmetic slot FROM the waredrobe.

i hope im being clear... but if im not, ill just test this tonight, myself, and report back

can a Champ drop "real" Guard armor DIRECTLY into thier costmetic slots? can you drop them directly into the waredrob, if you cannot wear the item (regardless of it being bound or not)?
    no, otherwise there would be not that much need in wardrobe.

can a Champ drop "real" Guard armor DIRECTLY into thier costmetic slots?
    Any character can put anything into a wardrobe slot. Once it is put into a wardrobe slot any character can put the appearance into a cosmetic slot.

For example, a level 10 Hunter could buy a piece of level 50 Guard armor. Put the armor in the wardrobe. The level 4 burglar could cosmetically equip the armor.

Note: This explanation assumes that the NPC that sells the armor is NOT a class trainer (class restricted NPC). In the Class trainer case, you would have to create a little Guardian. Get the Guardian to the class vendor.
    Last edited by Yula_the_Mighty; May 18 2012 at 01:52 PM.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

Thank you! so, for helegrod armor, any class can wear any other classes, cosmetically. i think i was confusing buying from class-trainer and maybe the original waredrobe design.

and i think Paralax had a bad angle and mis-read my post sorry, can never resist a good play on words

the lvl 50 gear was on the skirm vendor the other day when i noticed the new Rift Cosmetics.
    The ceremonials are, the L50s arent. They're the L60s found at : (Skirm Camp-Heavy-Helegrod Heavy), Helegrod Epic heavy is the 65 set. The L50 is still only acquired in rivendell.

*Note, I am not talking about annuminas.
    Annuminas Skirm Camp is 55, and 65, and the L50 set is only at Annuminas proper.

Just to clarify from my original post (I am the OP):

The level 50 Helegrod Gear is available as a cosmetic from the Cosmetics skirm vendor. They are even labeled as being the Ceremonial version of each.

So my question still stands; why are these considered a "Store Exclusive" if you can get the same cosmetic versions of them from the skirm camp?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b0000001a27a4/01004/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Tzviden View Post
    Just to clarify from my original post (I am the OP):

The level 50 Helegrod Gear is available as a cosmetic from the Cosmetics skirm vendor. They are even labeled as being the Ceremonial version of each.

So my question still stands; why are these considered a "Store Exclusive" if you can get the same cosmetic versions of them from the skirm camp?
    I hear you, and I believe the term "exclusive" refers to it being only available for a limited time in the store, not as regular items.
    Very confusing as in all other cases the category "exclusive" refers to it not being available in game, but only in the store.

And no, I do not believe that Turbine will remove the new Raid cosmetics from the Skirmish vendor now that they are finally there. You can never be sure, but the day they decide to make the cosmetic raid sets truly "store exclusive" will probably be the day I'm done with Lotro.
    COSMETIC LOTRO

a blog about Middle-earth outfits

Quote Originally Posted by Lyzau View Post
    I hear you, and I believe the term "exclusive" refers to it being only available for a limited time in the store, not as regular items.
    Very confusing as in all other cases the category "exclusive" refers to it not being available in game, but only in the store.
    Amen to that. While I'm not falling for this trick; I hate to think of other people buying it from the store thinking it is the only way.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyzau View Post
    And no, I do not believe that Turbine will remove the new Raid cosmetics from the Skirmish vendor now that they are finally there. You can never be sure, but the day they decide to make the cosmetic raid sets truly "store exclusive" will probably be the day I'm done with Lotro.
    Yeah, I can't see them removing them either. I would be worried that this is a sign that future raid cosmetic sets would be store only affairs; but given that they just added the rest of Rift ones to the skirm camp I'm not overly worried.

The ceremonials are, the L50s arent. They're the L60s found at : (Skirm Camp-Heavy-Helegrod Heavy), Helegrod Epic heavy is the 65 set. The L50 is still only acquired in rivendell.

*Note, I am not talking about annuminas.
    Annuminas Skirm Camp is 55, and 65, and the L50 set is only at Annuminas proper.
    You are correct. i double checked. i was confusing the lvl 50 and lvl 60 armor (since they look teh same and i was cheking on a lvl 75 and didnt bother to check lvl restrictions)

lvl 50 "official/original" helegrod is only in Riv and looks the same as the lvl 60 from the Skirm Classic Vendor.

the lvl 65 has different colors and even some slight tweaks (the Capn helm, for example, has a taller point on the lower level red/gold stuff. basically all the same design though)

i actually did NOT see the ceremonial stuff... what vendor is that on? i didnt see it on the Classic vendor, if it is there.

You
    the lvl 65 has different colors and even some slight tweaks (the Capn helm, for example, has a taller point on the lower level red/gold stuff. basically all the same design though)

i actually did NOT see the ceremonial stuff... what vendor is that on? i didnt see it on the Classic vendor, if it is there.
    The Cosmetic skirmish camp vendor.

I probably wouldn't be aware of the specifics, except that I was pondering a L50 set for my new alt's foray into Moria. It's pretty cheap after all.

Because of changes to cosmetics, intended or otherwise, it's good to know about alternate or similar cosmetic appearances, as the 'cloak of the seven stars' incident tells us.