We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

how do I trade or give things to other players?

help, I missed something. how do I trade or give objects or money to other players?

Re: how do I trade or give things to other players?

Target another player, then right click on his or her vitals portrait and choose "Start secure trade."

Free players have some restrictions on trading, which may or may not apply to you.

Re: how do I trade or give things to other players?

Quote Originally Posted by mik1953 View Post
    help, I missed something. how do I trade or give objects or money to other players?
    Select the player, right-click on their portrait, and select Secure Trade. A window will open once the other player accepts, and you can drag your items into it.

If you are Free-to-play, you won't be able to use the money fields (beneath the spots you drag items to) to give/trade them money. (Or possibly to receive money, I'm not sure.) You can only lift this restriction by becoming Premium (making some real-money purchase) or going VIP (subscribing).
    <<Insert clever sig here>>

Quote Originally Posted by Shukar View Post
    If you are Free-to-play, you won't be able to use the money fields (beneath the spots you drag items to) to give/trade them money. (Or possibly to receive money, I'm not sure.) You can only lift this restriction by becoming Premium (making some real-money purchase) or going VIP (subscribing).
    What about mailing money to people?

I need to give money to our kin leader so we can buy a kin house... both he and I are FTP...

Quote Originally Posted by Alvyn View Post
    What about mailing money to people?

I need to give money to our kin leader so we can buy a kin house... both he and I are FTP...
    unfortunately CoD doesn't work for f2p. you can only receive gold but not send it.
    [url]http://eternalno0b9aming.tumblr.com/[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by kittypoo View Post
    unfortunately CoD doesn't work for f2p. you can only receive gold but not send it.
    What about if he posted an item on auction for a large sum... e.g. 5 gold. Would I be able to buy it, thereby transferring money to him? Both of us have removed the money cap...

What about if he posted an item on auction for a large sum... e.g. 5 gold. Would I be able to buy it, thereby transferring money to him? Both of us have removed the money cap...
    Yes, that should work.

Yes, it could work. However, be aware that this was a method used in the past by gold sellers to transfer coins in-game and it could trigger an alert. Also remember that the AH takes a cut of the buy price (as well as charge for posting the auction).
    "Everyone's got one. Better to be a smart one than a dumb one." - me
    "It's people like you that [I]think[/I] you know everything that give those of us that [I]do[/I] a bad name." - me
    "Eat, drink, and be Merry, 'cause Pippin was a fool of a Took."

Another workaround some people use is to gather and trade vendor-trash loot, which the recipient then sells to get money. (That may or may not be feasible depending on just how much money you want to send.)