We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: very hidden

very hidden

After the update when I use the hide I can barely see myself.
    Now im missing positional damage =(
    any option of opacity to fix this?

In the cupboard under the stairs. (or is it under the stalls?)

Re: very hidden

I don't have an answer for you but wanted to say that I have also noticed this.
    After U7 when sneaking we are almost invisible to ourselves.
    Does anyone know if this is WAI or a bug of some kind?
    "Just like Mary Shelly, Just like Frankenstein, Break your chains, And count your change, And try to walk the line"

I've been enjoying the change, but I could see it possibly getting old and/or being bothersome to some. When I first noticed it, I thought I just happened to be standing against a background that blended especially well with my outfit, and then realized it had been a stealth change to stealth!

Noticed the same trouble on my Burg last night. Can't enven see him in stealth and end up attacking from the front more than behind. Hope they fix this soon.

Quote Originally Posted by 1DaVen View Post
    Noticed the same trouble on my Burg last night. Can't enven see him in stealth and end up attacking from the front more than behind. Hope they fix this soon.
    Spam whatever your opening skill is as you approach the mob. It will fire as soon as you're in range. You can also turn on your own name in the options menu, and you will always be in the center of your screen, for reference.

Glad I am not the only one especially annoyed by this, hopefully they change it back or at least make it an option
    Jag

i play with no name's on, i also have no such problem with positional damage, from seeing my character, truly i can get lost where it is, but its the center of your screen always, so youll see him/her, either or this is actually benificial to PVP, for the fact when you get Spotted, they really cant see you still, you're still a target in a camo state, which means best thing to do is TAB, either or. i dont know why there's complaining about positional damage anyways.... you get it at the back of the monster, why the heck does it matter about your toon? its moving where you want it, press straight, its going straight, go side ways it goes said ways, if you need to zoom in for a bit, place your name tag on with N key, trust me its not that hard doesnt really bother me, i had no such problems with killing anything with backside added positional damage.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d216000000097bdd/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    "Long, Thick and Sharp, From the shadows, I'll stick you from behind, deep and bloody, Mmmm the joy of pleasure..."

i like it, feels more stealthy
    had no trouble yet finding my char, but if you have, just use a red outfit or something like that that doesn't fit with any environment.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/1f21b0000001aa487/01005/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Blarelius, Blanadir, Dorilion, Lirania.
    Kinship: Streiter der Freiheit - Raid: Legion der Freunde

Playing on one of my lower level burglars today and I saw this for the first time. At first I thought he was totally invisible, but then I noticed I could see very faint flashes as I moved to a background with more contrast. Initially I thought it was rather nifty, but as the others have said, it really starts to mess with playability and I agree. I would really prefer they change it back to the old stealth effect. The cool factor is nice but when that wears off practicality sets in.

By the way, this does not appear on the known issues so far:

http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.p...t-Known-Issues
    Today is a good day for Pie.

Do not meddle in the affairs of Burglars, for they are subtle and quick to shank you.

Was playing my elf Warden just now and popped Sylvan Shadows to see if it had the same effect and sure nuff it did. I have been finding other posts about this too now, so it looks like it's not just the burg stealth. I'm still looking to see if there's an existing thread about this already.

Has anyone else had the same effect on another type of stealth like me?

Do not meddle in the affairs of Burglars, for they are subtle and quick to shank you.

i really hope this isn't WAI, it's hard to position myself amid a group of 12 players and a bunch of mobs.

i don't think this is on the known bugs list yet, i hope it gets there.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/1321300000008c516/01005/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Checked again and it's on the list now!

Burglar/Stalker

While in Stealth, your Burglar / Stalker is too transparent and may be hard to see.

I linked the page in my post above as well. At least now we know they know.

Wink Re: very hidden

I like it.

I love it.

I like it too. I can see how some players wouldn't, but I hope they don't crank the opacity too far the other way in a future patch.

The current effect makes me feel like a Predator, which is incredibly cool. Add on a shoulder-mounted blaster with laser tracking pips and we could consider the Burglar class complete.
    "Rock is overpowered, but paper is perfect." [i]-- Scissors[/i]

Wear a shinier blade/club/whatever.

Also, if you play an instrument while stealthed, we look like poltergeists :P

im a big fan of the change.

but like most things it is only a cosmetic change.

stealth is still broken and near useless for a burg on a populated server.

Just run around with the hoard on my rk I guess

In the cupboard under the stairs. (or is it under the stalls?)

Quote Originally Posted by ifreborn1 View Post
    im a big fan of the change.

but like most things it is only a cosmetic change.

stealth is still broken and near useless for a burg on a populated server.

Just run around with the hoard on my rk I guess
    I figured out who you remind me of.

Marvin, the depressed robot that Douglas Adams wrote about.

I hereby grant you a new title: ifreborn1; The Depressed Troll
    "Just like Mary Shelly, Just like Frankenstein, Break your chains, And count your change, And try to walk the line"