We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

A Gentle Nudge - and Major Headache

Hiya. i'm on the quest in Thinglad called A Gentle Nudge. i need to find a good hiding spot and whistle to scare off fishermen. the problem is, i've scoured the area for almost 2 hours. i've found 2 spots fairly close together that pop up with "this looks like a good place to hide" but /whistle does not produce any advancement of the quest.

in desperation, i looked for info online. i got a set of coordinates. i carefully stepped to exactly the spot (one i'd tried a dozen times before) and /whistle -d no result.

i'm about to say forget it to thinglad! argh!! should i assume i'm just not finding the spot despite standing in almost every square inch of the surrounding area? or should i start to think something is wrong here?

Re: A Gentle Nudge - and Major Headache

If I remember correctly you have to be right behind the tent (I believe there is 2, it would be the farthest) and then target the fisherman and then /whistle. Took me a while to find it, when I did it that's where it did it for me. There are a few emotes you have to go through as well, so make sure that you didn't get it and it changed for you.

make sure you are /whistle to rigth fisherman there are two of them took me a while to figure out i needed to do it to other 1

Quote Originally Posted by RedanJonin View Post
    If I remember correctly you have to be right behind the tent (I believe there is 2, it would be the farthest) and then target the fisherman and then /whistle. Took me a while to find it, when I did it that's where it did it for me. There are a few emotes you have to go through as well, so make sure that you didn't get it and it changed for you.
    OMG i feel so stupid now. thank you thank you! TARGET the fisherman! ugh.

Ugh... I've targeted both fishermen from one of the spots and whistled dozens of times now. I really don't like the emote quests. They make it WAY to hard to do something that should be simple. Fifteen minutes so far trying to figure out where to go and what to do. Not a fun time. I'm giving it ten more minutes and then calling it a day.

It says to crouch in the brush. Am I supposed to do something else before I /whistle?

Update: Ok. Got it now. To save someone else the trouble. I needed to target one fisherman in particular. (one I didn't even notice for a long time.)
    Hide behind the tent and target "Felogild" not the fisherman standing on his own near the fire or the one in the boat. Hope this helps someone.
    Last edited by NattyBohman; Oct 17 2012 at 06:24 PM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/082070000001872ce/01008/signature.png]Amandariel[/charsig]

Just wanna thank you for writing this (even if its been such a long time), I didn't even see that other fisherman, I too spent ages trying to whistle around ^^
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d00000033a326/01002/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]