We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Virtue Traits

Virtue Traits

Which are the most useful virtue traits for a Lore Master?

Re: Virtue Traits

First off, there is no 'best', second the manditory 'depends what you're doing'. Here goes:

End game raids/fellowship: Anything that boosts morale, tactical mitigations, resist ratings.

End game landscape: morale and physical mitigations

Leveling: again, morale, physical mitigation, and main stat (Will, Vit, Fate) boosts.

I always have zeal, valour, fidelity, and innocence slotted and then switch between wisdom (for solo) and tolerance (for groups). Though lately I've just been lazy and left tolerance slotted all the time. :P

Lore-master is a thinking class, so think about what all the virtues do, weigh out the cost against the benefit to earning each one, learn what places you'd like to go and what handfuls of stats would most benefit you there, and so forth.

This will benefit you far more than if I just said "go grind fortitude" or whatever, because it will benefit your playstyle and it will in fact help shape the way you build your character and give you more clarity on what all the stats are for, in effect boosting your performance game-wide.

Thanks, I had to get that off my chest.

I use: Zeal, Innocence, Fidelity, Tolerance, Patience.
    Mitigations, a bit of morale, resistances and powerregen.
    Though it may not be YOUR perfect setup.

For end game for any class, it's mitigations all the way. With 2000 points in a prime stat easily achieveable, virtues with give a stat boost are pretty much redundant[1]. The chunks of morale on zeal and valour are nice

The question only becomes what do you want to mitigate against? I always have innocence, zeal, valour & charity slotted as I like to mix it up in the melee (Turbine agreeably provided me with a big stick, I plan to use it). Then probably fidelity or honour depending on if I want more tactical mit, or resistances. In practice this is pretty much the same on all of my characters though. Before the removal of the stat cap I used to be much more varied. Ironically, with the changes to itemisation meaning there is no "One Build to Rule Them All" for items, virtue choice has become much more static.

[1] There might be a case for taking a vitality virtue, if you are a class with low vit and need more morale, though I would expect every class will be stacking vitality & morale as second (or at least third) choice of stats on items.

Over the past couple of weeks I've put together a guide on lore-master virtues - which to use and how to earn them - which you might be interested in:

http://docholidaymmo.com/2012/05/18/...-guide-part-1/
    http://docholidaymmo.com/2012/05/22/...-guide-part-2/

I'd say Valour is the most overthough virtue for ALL light armours. 300 morale is... Nothing. Might is useless for us (and rks and minstrels too).
    You might argue Zeal is useless too in that case, BUT Zeal adds extremely useful things across the whole board. It suddenly looks much much better - to me at least. I never unslot it :P
    Personally, I run with virtues mixed from Zeal, Innocence, Honour, Fidelity, Wisdom, Loyalty, more or less.

Tactical mit is far too easy to cap on a light armour class. I run Valour, Zeal, Justice, Fidelity, Honour for raiding (dropped tolerance for justice) and I'm still way over cap with scrolls + raven. If anything I want more morale based virtues to slot.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychobabbleJJ View Post
    Over the past couple of weeks I've put together a guide on lore-master virtues - which to use and how to earn them - which you might be interested in:

http://docholidaymmo.com/2012/05/18/...-guide-part-1/
    http://docholidaymmo.com/2012/05/22/...-guide-part-2/
    Nice job, this goes into my bookmarks

this is great. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tarenius View Post
    Tactical mit is far too easy to cap on a light armour class. I run Valour, Zeal, Justice, Fidelity, Honour for raiding (dropped tolerance for justice) and I'm still way over cap with scrolls + raven. If anything I want more morale based virtues to slot.
    I agree and mostly because the design of the raid armour, both ToO and Orthanc is a little too minimax. I found that when I settled on my build with 3 Draigoch and 3 ToO AM I lost the thick end of 1k morale which I found just a trifle irritating.