We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Hoping for an Answer

I had some questions that have been baffling me for a while and was hoping you could help. I have 3 toons that are masters in the Tailors, Woodworkers, & Metalsmiths guild. One of the things that I have noticed is the progression of levels for being able to use the guild crafted gear. It goes level Expert 31, Artisan 41, Master 50, Supreme 58, and Westfold 75. From Expert to Supreme, there is only a 8-10 level difference before your able to equip the next tier of equipment, but with westfold there is a 17 level gap from Supreme to Westfold. So why is there such a large gap? I happen to be one that really likes a lot of the guild crafted equipment and think that it is some of the best in the game, but it was really frustrating when I hit level 58, I knew my guild crafted gear was not going to get me to level 75 and the stuff that was dropping or quests rewards (not counting raid gear) was not all that great. Doesn't it make sense to have another level of guild crafted stuff in between level 58 and 75 like at level 65 or 66? It seems to me with the way the progression has been that would make sense. I also noticed this same oddity with Warden carvings. they would progress every ten levels and then there is a 15 level gap between 55 & 70. I would like to suggest some level 65-66 leveled guild crafted gear.

Also how come we can't use westfold Ingredient Packs for the westfold guild crafted gear? In all other tiers you can!
    [URL="http://s1084.photobucket.com/user/xrayvisionnw/media/LOTRO/gab_sig1_zps40fc128b.jpg.html"][IMG]http://i1084.photobucket.com/albums/j420/xrayvisionnw/LOTRO/gab_sig1_zps40fc128b.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Re: Hoping for an Answer

There are Guild recipes available from a special "Guild Representative" at the Lothlorien Vinyards. The recipes require Lorien reputation (Friend, IIRC) to buy and wear. They're usable at level 60. There is a non-Guild set available with Malledhrim rep in MIrkwood. Those are level 65.

--W. H. Heydt

Old Used Programmer

Re: Hoping for an Answer

Quote Originally Posted by xrayvisionnw View Post
    IIt goes level Expert 31, Artisan 41, Master 50, Supreme 58, and Westfold 75. From Expert to Supreme, there is only a 8-10 level difference before your able to equip the next tier of equipment, but with westfold there is a 17 level gap from Supreme to Westfold. So why is there such a large gap?
    It is only 1-5 levels because there are Supreme level 65 recipes. The Westfold armor recipes begin at level 66. The full set becomes available at level 68. The shield arrives at level 70.

As to why Turbine did Westfold with a 66-70 and 75, they have not spoken. I think they didn't have the resources to make more than two sets. They did not want a 70 and 75. They opted for a split deployment of the first set.

Most of the recipes work this way for Westfold, you start getting them at level 66.
    Also how come we can't use westfold Ingredient Packs for the westfold guild crafted gear? In all other tiers you can!
    What are trying to replace? Ingredient packs do not work in every slot. Turbine had problems with Supreme level where they let ingredient packs substitute for the Symbol of Celembrimbor. Turbine fixed all these bugs that I am aware of.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

I figured out the whole Lothlorian thing a while back when I had the same question. My quest for that is Why? Why require that you be kindred with them to make and wear the stuff?

My only theory is to make you play that area so why do you get teh lvl 75 stuff without rep from a level 75 area. Lvlvs 60-75 are a tough one to get through for those who like crafting stuff, I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by BitzM View Post
    I figured out the whole Lothlorian thing a while back when I had the same question. My quest for that is Why? Why require that you be kindred with them to make and wear the stuff?
    The obvious answer is that Turbine wanted it this way.

You look at the character items, content, swift travels and many other unlocks. They are a multitude of different acquisition methods. Some of which are:
    1) Level
    2) Deed
    3) Quest
    4) Reputation
    5) Crafting XP
    6) Barter coins like Skirmish marks and Gold Leaves

I for one appreciate that Turbine does not use one single method for everything. In some cases, like mass slayer of critters for a virtue point - There are suggestions on the forums to stop adding more of them.

IMHO - It would be nice if Turbine added some new methods to the list of possibilities instead of adding to existing over worked systems like more kill deeds or more things to acquire for our legendary items ...
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

One of the things that I have noticed is the progression of levels for being able to use the guild crafted gear. It goes level Expert 31, Artisan 41, Master 50, Supreme 58, and Westfold 75. From Expert to Supreme, there is only a 8-10 level difference before your able to equip the next tier of equipment, but with westfold there is a 17 level gap from Supreme to Westfold. So why is there such a large gap?
    As others have explained, part of the answer is that it can be obtained elsewhere (the Lothlorien stuff at 60).

Most of the answer is that there are only guild recipes for stuff that requires the rare components (shards, flakes etc), to guarantee critting them, and these mainly exist at level caps (so 50, 60 - though this was pegged at 58 to wear with level 60 stats, and 75. 65 never had a recipe like this added, though the Lothlorien stuff is around level 65 stats).

Another answer is perhaps that with the scaling to your level effect of secondary stats, as the level increases, the amount of improvement you can get by going up a few levels in armour goes down.

Finally, there was a huge amount of stat bloat at level 60 with the raid kit being massively overpowered compared to other stuff, which was unsustainable. The improvements pretty much went on hold as a result til 75.
    Darzil Northshield, Snowbourn
    Keeper of Darzil's Crafting Guide at [url]http://lotro.northshield.co.uk[/url]

[charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2921e000000000627/signature.png]Darzil[/charsig]

Thanks to all who have posted and attempted to clear up some of this stuff for me, as I am sure the things you're saying (although opinions as to Turbine's reasoning) are pretty accurate. It would just be nice if Turbine actually answered some of these questions them selves, however your responses are very appreciated.

I for one did not know about the Lothlorien & Mirkwood Stuff so I will have to check that out.

On a side note @ Darzil: I am a huge fan of your Crafting web page as I use it quite regularly to find out information. Thank you for all the hard work you put into that site because it is very helpful.

Thanks Again Everyone
    [URL="http://s1084.photobucket.com/user/xrayvisionnw/media/LOTRO/gab_sig1_zps40fc128b.jpg.html"][IMG]http://i1084.photobucket.com/albums/j420/xrayvisionnw/LOTRO/gab_sig1_zps40fc128b.jpg[/IMG][/URL]