We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Unhappy Stuck on loading screen to Middle earth

Ive rebooted and ive followed everything on this page http://support.turbine.com/ics/suppo...uestionID=3293 but its not working everytime i trying to get to middle earth i get to the loading screen and nothing loads do i need to completely uninstall and reinstall?

Re: Stuck on loading screen to Middle earth

Can you be more specific with your problem? Include your system configuration (Windowsxp/vista/7, video card, things of that nature) as well as any major changes since the last time you successively played.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/03202000000375992/01001/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Stuck in loading screen when trying to log in to lotro

Hello,
    My husband and I are having the same issue. Ever since Rohan both of our mains get stuck in the character loading screen. We are able to log in any other character without any problems. If we wait for about an hour we will eventually be able to log in. This issue doesn't happen to us at the same time. One day its me having the issue and the next day my husband. I have also be noticing this happening when entering or leaving an instance in Rohan. I have tried all suggestions as listed in the forums and nothing seems to work. Since it is a character problem I am confident in saying that it is not a operating system issue. Both hubby and I use different PC's. Could our characters be corrupt? I am having a hard time finding anything about this since Rohan. My husband did an in-game ticket and was told there was nothing they can do. Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by loriann70 View Post
    Hello,
    My husband and I are having the same issue. Ever since Rohan both of our mains get stuck in the character loading screen. We are able to log in any other character without any problems. If we wait for about an hour we will eventually be able to log in. This issue doesn't happen to us at the same time. One day its me having the issue and the next day my husband. I have also be noticing this happening when entering or leaving an instance in Rohan. I have tried all suggestions as listed in the forums and nothing seems to work. Since it is a character problem I am confident in saying that it is not a operating system issue. Both hubby and I use different PC's. Could our characters be corrupt? I am having a hard time finding anything about this since Rohan. My husband did an in-game ticket and was told there was nothing they can do. Any suggestions?
    without knowing what youve already tried i can only suggest something you may have over looked so forgive me if youve already tried it

if theres more than 1 person playing lotro on your network at a time and especially if you both play together problems like this can sometimes occur and from what your describing it sounds like it may be your problem..
    from each PC open (my)documents\the lord of the rings online
    browse to (my)documents\the lord of the rings online and find userpreferences.ini, take a backup then open the original in notepad

scroll to the bottom of the file and find
    ComputeUniquePort=True
    UserSpecifiedPort=0

makesure ComputeUniquePort is set to =True
    edit UserSpecifiedPort= and set a unique number for each machine ie
    machine1 : UserSpecifiedPort=9001
    machine2: UserSpecifiedPort=9002
    [CENTER][URL="http://mpws.guildlaunch.com/"][U][SIZE=3]Mischievous Pipe-Weed Smokers[/SIZE][/U][/URL][/CENTER]
    [CENTER] Blissfully smoking pipe-weed together on [I]Snowbourn[/I] since 14/04/07[/CENTER]
    [CENTER]spend all day smoking pipeweed and dreaming of gold[/CENTER]
    [CENTER][URL="http://mpws.guildlaunch.com/recruiting/create_apply.php?gid=163438"]JOIN US[/URL][/CENTER]