We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

'the lotro client has stopped working' fix

This is for nvidia card users.

Check to see if you are using the 296.10 driver (latest WHQL certified one)

Download and install the latest BETA driver (301.24)

5 days after switching drivers I have not had a single 'the lotro client has stopped working' crash to desktop.

I would appreciate anyone who tries this to post their results below.

Re: 'the lotro client has stopped working' fix

Hm, I'm using 296.10 drivers but there's no client crashes at all. Perhaps it depends on the card model as well, instead of just the driver version. I'm using GTX460 1GB with no problems.
    [B]Leader of Freelancer, Eldar[/B]

thats interesting !

Please also note that in my case it was definitely an issue caused from the CPU (hexacore AMD).
    If I set the lotroclient.exe - affinity to just one CPU-core the game hasnt crashed at any attempt I've ever made. And it dosnt matter what core I choose.

With all cores selected, thats default, the game crashes with a chance of 50%.

Once the Client is up and running, you may select all CPU-Cores again.
    Have a look.
    Ferru

I am using the 296.10 driver and have not had any crashing issues.
    Other system info in case it helps:
    GTX460 1gig
    AMD phenom x4
    high res lotro client
    windows vista 64bit

Exclamation Re: 'the lotro client has stopped working' fix

Quote Originally Posted by Catisa View Post
    This is for nvidia card users.

Check to see if you are using the 296.10 driver (latest WHQL certified one)

Download and install the latest BETA driver (301.24)

5 days after switching drivers I have not had a single 'the lotro client has stopped working' crash to desktop.

I would appreciate anyone who tries this to post their results below.
    According Catisa's topic ;
    I've installed latest BETA driver (301.24) but already i have crashing problem while entering Tower of the orthanc and some other instances.

I was having a lot of issues after updating my nvidia drivers to 296.10. I'd get crashes to desktop pretty frequently with the "Your display driver stopped working unexpectedly" error.

I rolled back to the old driver I was using (295.73), and that completely stopped those crashes. It sounds like the new BETA drivers have fixed the issue, but I'll probably wait till they're officially released before updating.

I still get the crashes when loading into Orthanc etc, though, which are unrelated to the display driver crashes (afaik). It seems like update 6 broke again what they had previously fixed in update 5 to stop those load screen crashes.
    [B]Elendilmir - [COLOR=#3333ff]Evenwyn[/COLOR][/B] Burglar[B] - [COLOR=#3333ff]Evendale[/COLOR][/B] Guardian
    [FONT=Verdana][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=2][B]Combat Analysis[/B] [/SIZE][/COLOR][SIZE=2]([B]v4.2.3b[/B]) - [/SIZE][/FONT]Download "[URL="http://www.lotrointerface.com/downloads/info502-CombatAnalysis.html"]here[/URL]"