We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Is this meant to be a joke?

I just bought the woodwork recipes to create Bree rep items. Master and Artisan level crafting is needed to make BREE rep item, really? By the time I reach that level of crafting I will have left Bree far behind and won't need them!

Also, they are classed as bound Quest items? Which means that I can't put them in my house chest or in my vault, so what am I supposed to do with them, keep them in my bag for weeks?

Are they only useless trader trash? Is it a bug? Or has anyone actually found a use for them?

Re: Is this meant to be a joke?

The Bree rep dungeons used to be much higher level than they are now, so it is possible the recipe levels are holdovers from that. I think it is probably easier now to just do the repeatables and get rep items from kills than it is to make and turn in the woodworker items.

On the bright side, you have found the one and only use for Black Ash Heartwood in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Coruven View Post
    On the bright side, you have found the one and only use for Black Ash Heartwood in the game.
    Oh, so THAT'S what it's for! I have always wondered.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c21400000001f12a/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    "I have my fears, but they do not have me." ... "And the monster I was so afraid of, lies curled up on the floor."
    -Peter Gabriel- "Darkness"

Ignorance is bestowed on us at birth, but we don't have to keep it.
    -Lorin Fast- "Random ramblings"

Will the Crafts on the sigs ever get updated?

It is left over from when Bree reputation was difficult to get until you were higher level. When the Bree reputation dungeons were set to level 20, this change had the following undesirable side effects:

1) There is no reason to ever make the Bree reputation items. The material costs were so high, there was little reason before Bree reputation dungeon changes.

2) Human is a bad choice for a race if you want a starter area recall quickly. The human recall is tied to a deed with an excessive high level unlock. You are a Dwarf, Elf or Hobbit. You get Bree recall via the Bree reputation faction long before Humans can finish their deed. If you so desire.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by podgie_bear View Post
    I just bought the woodwork recipes to create Bree rep items. Master and Artisan level crafting is needed to make BREE rep item, really? By the time I reach that level of crafting I will have left Bree far behind and won't need them!

Also, they are classed as bound Quest items? Which means that I can't put them in my house chest or in my vault, so what am I supposed to do with them, keep them in my bag for weeks?

Are they only useless trader trash? Is it a bug? Or has anyone actually found a use for them?
    It can't be any worse than crafting for Eglain rep. In addition to having to craft all of the items you also have to purchase an "order" for the crafted item from the rep vendor to be able to get the quest for the turn-in. You have to buy this "order" for ~20 silver for EACH individual crafted item you make to turn in. I didn't realize that until I had already crafted 60+ pieces for Eglain rep, and it ended up costing me over 1.2 G just to do the turn-ins. That's in addition to what it cost me to get all of the ingots and straw to make the lure traps.

I wouldn't have been so upset if it had actually made any sense. The point of the Eglain rep is that they need help from you. They NEED you to craft items to help their people survive, but you have to pay them for the privilege of helping them? I've got Kindred now so I can get my World steed, but as far as I'm concerned they can all die. If were allowed to murder NPCs I'd kill every last one of those greedy buggers.

So why is the NPC selling them still in the game as she doesn't seem to do anything else? Why wasn't she removed when Turbine removed the rep vendor NPCs, or even instead of them? After all they were useful, especially after a 'Barrows run' when I end up with 80+ rep items that have to be clicked individually? I know someone said do them as you find them instead of waiting until you have a lot, but when you are fighting in the Barrows, who has time to keep checking their bags for rep items?

I don't think I'll ever understand the devs in this game. They fix what doesn't need fixing, leave problems stand for years, ignore their customer base and when they mess things up, rather than sort them out they stick their fingers in their ears and sing 'Lalalalal'!

They still exist for people who would rather wait to craft for rep rather than run the barrows. Also, if the character is an avid crafter, they may well be able to make those items well before they would be a high enough level to go into the barrows.

AW: Is this meant to be a joke?

I have run 3 characters in a row through the early levels now of which none got more than Friend standing with Bree through questing before I moved on.

Technically speaking it is not easier to get rep with the Men of Bree compared to the other regions, at least if you do stuff on-level. Mathoms drop all over Eriador, Rivendell has much of the Vol.I epic quest and the whole of Eregion+Trollshaws and a bit of Misties, Thorins Hall has half of Ered Luin, Misties, Othrikar and Sarnur.

Subsequently, the crafted rep items for Bree are not more or less useful than other crafted reputation stuff; because that is entirely dependent on the levelling path you choose. And I rather like that I can bring my crafters at least through T4 and T5 while crafting things that are universally useful and even give TP.

Quote Originally Posted by Vandervahn View Post
    Subsequently, the crafted rep items for Bree are not more or less useful than other crafted reputation stuff; because that is entirely dependent on the levelling path you choose. And I rather like that I can bring my crafters at least through T4 and T5 while crafting things that are universally useful and even give TP.
    I quite agree.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0e21500000003e4fd/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]