We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 61
  1. #1

    My lack of time in the moors

    This is better than i could ever put it

    http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.p...MP-is-Bad-When...

    Taking a bit of a break will still be here just not as much. When i see what U7 will give freeps it makes me not want to play.

    Sick of minstrel god mode. But wait I'm wrong my full heal while in my burrow is OP (A min told me that) I could pick on 3 other freep classes but i don't want to hear how they are not OP

    "Worst rager: Spiderbyte (through abstinence)" made me lol

    "Helping new creeps out " made me lol. Get them to stay till 5, say better days ahead before they figure out they have no chance and log.

    Go ahead and bash me I can take it but if you are waiting for a reply you might be waiting a while
    Last edited by swamp; May 08 2012 at 07:32 PM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/01203010000132c11/signature.png]Spiderbyte[/charsig]

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Quebec, Canada
    Posts
    1,243

    Re: My lack of time in the moors

    Disappointed to hear you're leaving (somewhat) though I understand. Turbine wants creeps to outnumber freeps but when it's prime time on Gladden freeps always outnumber. With commendations it's just too hard for new creeps.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    In-game
    Posts
    3,697

    Re: My lack of time in the moors

    lolol minstrels think they got it sooooo hard, the ones ive been asking has whined abut pre-RoI and doesnt mind their current OPness, have a good one Spiderbyte

    Lost one of our greatest leaders right here.
    Only two left and both of them roll both creep & freep side >.<
    Last edited by Witch0King; May 09 2012 at 05:21 AM.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    San Diego, California
    Posts
    1,105

    Re: My lack of time in the moors

    Sad to hear, but it's understandable. I've also gotten somewhat tired of the lop-sided battles.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Tejas
    Posts
    2,738

    Re: My lack of time in the moors

    Quote Originally Posted by swamp View Post
    This is better than i could ever put it

    http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.p...MP-is-Bad-When...

    Taking a bit of a break will still be here just not as much. When i see what U7 will give freeps it makes me not want to play.

    Sick of minstrel god mode. But wait I'm wrong my full heal while in my burrow is OP (A min told me that) I could pick on 3 other freep classes but i don't want to hear how they are not OP

    "Worst rager: Spiderbyte (through abstinence)" made me lol

    "Helping new creeps out " made me lol. Get them to stay till 5, say better days ahead before they figure out they have no chance and log.

    Go ahead and bash me I can take it but if you are waiting for a reply you might be waiting a while
    Hope to see you back soon, sir.
    [CENTER][COLOR=#C7CF92][img]http://i.imgur.com/9rGw1Yd.gif[/img]
    Misadventure - R14 Hunter, Fatwanda-1 - R10 Guard
    Velvetsixteen - R13 Reaver, Reported - R11 Warg, Gloriousleader - R10 WL[/COLOR]
    [/CENTER]

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    429

    Re: My lack of time in the moors

    Hopefully the devs will listen.... but I won't hold my breath. =/



    Take care, Spider! Sad to see ya go.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Rio de Janeiro
    Posts
    395

    Re: My lack of time in the moors

    Quote Originally Posted by swamp View Post
    This is better than i could ever put it

    http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.p...MP-is-Bad-When...

    Taking a bit of a break will still be here just not as much. When i see what U7 will give freeps it makes me not want to play.

    Sick of minstrel god mode. But wait I'm wrong my full heal while in my burrow is OP (A min told me that) I could pick on 3 other freep classes but i don't want to hear how they are not OP

    "Worst rager: Spiderbyte (through abstinence)" made me lol

    "Helping new creeps out " made me lol. Get them to stay till 5, say better days ahead before they figure out they have no chance and log.

    Go ahead and bash me I can take it but if you are waiting for a reply you might be waiting a while
    What changes you didn't like? From what I read on release notes there are only bug fixes for moors.

    http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.p...JECT-TO-CHANGE

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    In-game
    Posts
    3,697

    Re: My lack of time in the moors

    Quote Originally Posted by Tchad View Post
    What changes you didn't like? From what I read on release notes there are only bug fixes for moors.

    http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.p...JECT-TO-CHANGE
    new items which increase 2age weapon dps up to 1age lvl for freeps
    NO changes for creep play in anyway not even reduction in commendation costs.
    Devs havent said anything since pre-U6.
    Im suprised Spider bothered hanging around for so long...

    I look forward to GW2 PvP, the devs seem to communicate more than once every second month... I'd suggest you do the same Spider

    PS: Forums are ticking me off, more buggy than Skyrim & Minecraft in one package.

  9. #9

    Re: My lack of time in the moors

    Quote Originally Posted by ThunderCarlson View Post
    Not sure if it'll make anyone feel better, but i took out a rank 8 hunter on my rank 3 spider with 1 audacity. Do not give up hope brothers, we shall do certain things to certain classes.......... (not including Mins, Rks, Lms, Champs, Guards, Wardens, Cappies, and Burgs. Hunters......meh. We can win!!!! Unless its Vic on hunter then well....... its pve time for us all.
    Wow...who was it?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Toronto, ON
    Posts
    1,363

    Re: My lack of time in the moors

    Quote Originally Posted by Tchad View Post
    Both OP discussion and f(c)reep advantaged discussion are pointless. Both sides have "OP classes" right now and both sides are having hard time to play depending on the situation. Tell me about unfair things on moors for a hunter...
    As Vic said, if you think the moors is unfair for a hunter, you're doin' it wrong. You're squishy if you get caught by surprise without stuff up, but that's as it should be for a class that can take a creep from full to nothing in basically no time flat.

    My 4 audacity warden wearing only quest reward, audacity, crafted, or rep gear (no instance gear) was able to kill 2 out of 3 mid-ranked creeps the other day in a 3v1, without a pile of weak npcs to lifetap off of and without even switching out of my dps stance into my tanking/turtling stance. And the warden is probably the hardest to play and least moors-suited class on freep side, and I'm not very practiced at playing it in pvp.

    A handful of ungrouped freeps can farm superior numbers of creeps in their own keep, and this happens with some frequency. The only way a smaller number of creeps can really take on superior numbers of freeps, especially a coordinated freep group, is with a warg pack using one-kill-and-scatter tactics (which is why freeps complain about them). With the upcoming LI upgrades, this will be even more the case.

    Sorry to hear of your semi-retirement, Spider. It's been fun grouping with you.
    [color=red]Urgbuz, Warleader - Urgbash, Reaver[/color]
    [color=lightblue]Zubgru Goldenmullet, Warden - Jonathalien, Hunter - Andraiel, Captain[/color]

  11. #11

    Re: My lack of time in the moors

    Not sure if it'll make anyone feel better, but i took out a rank 8 hunter on my rank 3 spider with 1 audacity. Do not give up hope brothers, we shall do certain things to certain classes.......... (not including Mins, Rks, Lms, Champs, Guards, Wardens, Cappies, and Burgs. Hunters......meh. We can win!!!! Unless its Vic on hunter then well....... its pve time for us all.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,370

    Re: My lack of time in the moors

    Cya Spider,

    I'm sure you'll be curious enough to where your post goes to see some responses.

    The whole lotro game is meh this year. PvP, PvE. I have no ambition to do anything lotro wants us to do. Let alone have new freep stock come logging on in waves since things are easy (or will be even more so) for them again. People made the game fun but most people I know have left except a small group. I barely log on anymore.

    cya around spider.
    Last edited by the_blah; May 09 2012 at 01:31 PM.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Rio de Janeiro
    Posts
    395

    Re: My lack of time in the moors

    Quote Originally Posted by swamp View Post
    This is better than i could ever put it

    http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.p...MP-is-Bad-When...

    Taking a bit of a break will still be here just not as much. When i see what U7 will give freeps it makes me not want to play.

    Sick of minstrel god mode. But wait I'm wrong my full heal while in my burrow is OP (A min told me that) I could pick on 3 other freep classes but i don't want to hear how they are not OP

    "Worst rager: Spiderbyte (through abstinence)" made me lol

    "Helping new creeps out " made me lol. Get them to stay till 5, say better days ahead before they figure out they have no chance and log.

    Go ahead and bash me I can take it but if you are waiting for a reply you might be waiting a while
    What changes you didn't like? From what I read on the 1st U7 BR Release Notes B0, there are only bug fixes for moors:

    http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.p...JECT-TO-CHANGE

    Both OP discussion and f(c)reep advantaged discussion are pointless. Both sides have "OP classes" right now and both sides are having hard time to play depending on the situation. Tell me about unfair things on moors for a hunter...

    I can't like u SB (j/k), because u kill/target call me and u are too damn hard to kill, but I don't wanna see u leaving or playing less.

    That is bad news for gladden moors and I hope u reconsider or just get over it.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Rio de Janeiro
    Posts
    395

    Re: My lack of time in the moors

    Quote Originally Posted by Witch0King View Post
    new items which increase 2age weapon dps up to 1age lvl for freeps
    NO changes for creep play in anyway not even reduction in commendation costs.
    Devs havent said anything since pre-U6.
    Im suprised Spider bothered hanging around for so long...

    I look forward to GW2 PvP, the devs seem to communicate more than once every second month... I'd suggest you do the same Spider

    PS: Forums are ticking me off, more buggy than Skyrim & Minecraft in one package.
    Sorry Tingur, help me out here... I really cannot find what new items that will increase 2age dps to 1age lvl...

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Tejas
    Posts
    2,738

    Re: My lack of time in the moors

    Quote Originally Posted by Tchad View Post
    What changes you didn't like? From what I read on the 1st U7 BR Release Notes B0, there are only bug fixes for moors:

    http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.p...JECT-TO-CHANGE

    Both OP discussion and f(c)reep advantaged discussion are pointless. Both sides have "OP classes" right now and both sides are having hard time to play depending on the situation. Tell me about unfair things on moors for a hunter...

    I can't like u SB (j/k), because u kill/target call me and u are too damn hard to kill, but I don't wanna see u leaving or playing less.

    That is bad news for gladden moors and I hope u reconsider or just get over it.
    The changes coming that he's referencing that will make the Moors more unbalanced is:

    Star-lit Crystals for Legendary Items
    Star-lit Crystals are now available as loot from monsters. These ancient crystals hold the harnessed power of starlight and are used on your Legendary Items to upgrade their power. Up to three Star-lit crystals can be used on every upgradeable Legendary Item. The current upgrade status of your Legendary Item is displayed as three empty star icons one of which is filled in after an upgrade.

    Star-lit crystals will upgrade the DPS, tactical healing rating, tactical damage rating or shield use rank of your Legendary items. Additionally Star-lit crystals will upgrade any ratings based legacies as well as secondary ratings and stats. Star-lit crystals drop extremely rarely from Skirmish Lieutenants with an increase in drop frequency at each step of 3-man, 6-man and raids in both skirmishes and instances. Using a Star-lit crystal on your Legendary item will also reset the legend points spent on that Legendary Item.
    NOTE: Champion Runes, Burglar tools and all quest rewarded Legendary Items are not targetable by Star-lit crystals at this time. We hope to allow Star-lit crystals to be used on Champion Runes and Burglar Tools in a future release.
    And if you believe both sides have OP classes, I strongly disagree. The only class creeps have that's even close to OP right now is warg. And honestly they're not that difficult to kill. It's just that there's usually three or so of them at a time, but no class should be able to win a 3v1 (even tho many freep classes can and still do). And honestly all the hunters that say hunters need so much attention and are strongly disabled in the Moors, all I can say is, "Yall are doing it wrong." Hunters have the highest burst damage in the game and can easily kill any creep in 10s or less. My hunter made over 37,000 renown on Friday. 'Nuf said.
    [CENTER][COLOR=#C7CF92][img]http://i.imgur.com/9rGw1Yd.gif[/img]
    Misadventure - R14 Hunter, Fatwanda-1 - R10 Guard
    Velvetsixteen - R13 Reaver, Reported - R11 Warg, Gloriousleader - R10 WL[/COLOR]
    [/CENTER]

  16. #16

    Re: My lack of time in the moors

    Quote Originally Posted by ThunderCarlson View Post
    Not sure if it'll make anyone feel better, but i took out a rank 8 hunter on my rank 3 spider with 1 audacity. Do not give up hope brothers, we shall do certain things to certain classes.......... (not including Mins, Rks, Lms, Champs, Guards, Wardens, Cappies, and Burgs. Hunters......meh. We can win!!!! Unless its Vic on hunter then well....... its pve time for us all.
    Wow, who was it?

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Rio de Janeiro
    Posts
    395

    Re: My lack of time in the moors

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravyrn View Post
    The changes coming that he's referencing that will make the Moors more unbalanced is:



    And if you believe both sides have OP classes, I strongly disagree. The only class creeps have that's even close to OP right now is warg. And honestly they're not that difficult to kill. It's just that there's usually three or so of them at a time, but no class should be able to win a 3v1 (even tho many freep classes can and still do). And honestly all the hunters that say hunters need so much attention and are strongly disabled in the Moors, all I can say is, "Yall are doing it wrong." Hunters have the highest burst damage in the game and can easily kill any creep in 10s or less. My hunter made over 37,000 renown on Friday. 'Nuf said.
    I don't agree with most of the complains hunters are making about they been week (in that matter I agree with u), but on 1v1 we are in a bad shape and on RvR in open field fights we depend much on help from others and we need to be very wise on positioning, 1 mistake and the hunter is dead in seconds. That is balance, hard dps, "easy" to kill, that is why I don't complain much about it.

    Making 37k renown is a big achievement, congrats, but it doesn't mean that much on how good or bad hunters are. U spent the hole day on moors and I was there, the kind of fight we have that day are great for hunters (back and forth with a lot of people on both sides, but no groups, farming and pressing creeps on OC and their rezes). I made 104 kbs and almost 7k renown in a few hours on the same day.

    About both sides having OP classes, but I don't think wargs are OP, they just have that great ability (that pisses me off a lot, hehehe to run or hide when they are getting their a** kicked. WL and BA on the other hand, are too damn hard to kill and a both can take 3v1 fights (and I agree with u, no class should be able to) as much as minis should not be able to autoheal the dps of 3 creeps... but as I said, pointless discussion.

    My post intention was not to bring that discussion up, there are plenty of threads for that. I only meant to give a message SB who I hate so much (j/k again), don't leave the game. You vic, on the other hand, can take SB place and leave middle earth and never return. hehehe.

  18. #18

    Re: My lack of time in the moors

    Freeps that don't think that we have a huge advantage in the Moors are deluding themselves. Hunters that think that they are terribly disadvantaged are, as Vic said, doing it wrong. I have witnessed hunters absolutely destroy highly ranked and skilled creeps in 1v1's more times than I can count, and with the addition of the starlit crystals even poorly geared freeps are going to be able to hit like members of raiding kins do now.

    I'm sorry to see you go Spider - I've only had the pleasure of fighting you one on one a few times, but those times were a real challenge. Your a good player, and a good raid leader, and creepside very much needs more of both. Here's hoping that you change your mind soon, even if Turbine continues to make things more difficult for creeps. In the meantime, best of luck to you.

  19. #19

    Re: My lack of time in the moors

    Just to clear a couple things up, I will still be around just not as much. You will see me in game just not in the moors as much. Summer I here as well and I got some fish to catch
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/01203010000132c11/signature.png]Spiderbyte[/charsig]

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Rio de Janeiro
    Posts
    395

    Re: My lack of time in the moors

    Quote Originally Posted by Hethyba View Post
    As Vic said, if you think the moors is unfair for a hunter, you're doin' it wrong. You're squishy if you get caught by surprise without stuff up, but that's as it should be for a class that can take a creep from full to nothing in basically no time flat.

    My 4 audacity warden wearing only quest reward, audacity, crafted, or rep gear (no instance gear) was able to kill 2 out of 3 mid-ranked creeps the other day in a 3v1, without a pile of weak npcs to lifetap off of and without even switching out of my dps stance into my tanking/turtling stance. And the warden is probably the hardest to play and least moors-suited class on freep side, and I'm not very practiced at playing it in pvp.

    A handful of ungrouped freeps can farm superior numbers of creeps in their own keep, and this happens with some frequency. The only way a smaller number of creeps can really take on superior numbers of freeps, especially a coordinated freep group, is with a warg pack using one-kill-and-scatter tactics (which is why freeps complain about them). With the upcoming LI upgrades, this will be even more the case.

    Sorry to hear of your semi-retirement, Spider. It's been fun grouping with you.
    If u read the hunter forums u will see that I am not one of those hunters who complains and are leaving moors, but it is a fact that a hunter on 1v1 is easy meat in most occasions for most creeps on the same rank. For me it is just balance, with the dps a hunter have they need to be squishy. A solo hunter must be paranoid to survive. I am still there, having fun and killing a lot of creeps.

    Yes, warden is the most OP class ATM. I have a warden full raid geared, but I don't play moors much with him. Audacity 1 and I can still fight a lot of creeps without getting killed. Last time I tried I fought 3 wargs and 2 bas, I didn't kill no one, but I was not killed either. Fight ended with the creeps running. hehehe. Lame. Creeps don't know how to fight wardens because there are not many wardens on moors I think. 2 BAs alone are probably harder for a warden then 2 BAs with 3 Wargs (with wargs or any meele class we can do gambits on tank stance and leech more).

    Again, pointless discussion, each side can give many examples where the other side have advantage or talk tons about OP classes on each side.

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Tejas
    Posts
    2,738

    Re: My lack of time in the moors

    Quote Originally Posted by Tchad View Post
    If u read the hunter forums u will see that I am not one of those hunters who complains and are leaving moors, but it is a fact that a hunter on 1v1 is easy meat in most occasions for most creeps on the same rank. For me it is just balance, with the dps a hunter have they need to be squishy. A solo hunter must be paranoid to survive. I am still there, having fun and killing a lot of creeps.

    Yes, warden is the most OP class ATM. I have a warden full raid geared, but I don't play moors much with him. Audacity 1 and I can still fight a lot of creeps without getting killed. Last time I tried I fought 3 wargs and 2 bas, I didn't kill no one, but I was not killed either. Fight ended with the creeps running. hehehe. Lame. Creeps don't know how to fight wardens because there are not many wardens on moors I think. 2 BAs alone are probably harder for a warden then 2 BAs with 3 Wargs (with wargs or any meele class we can do gambits on tank stance and leech more).

    Again, pointless discussion, each side can give many examples where the other side have advantage or talk tons about OP classes on each side.
    I play both sides. A lot. I have over 1 mil renown on freep and over 750k infamy on creep. I certainly think I've been on both sides of the fence enough to speak without bias. There are certainly no OP creep classes. The closest thing is maybe a flayer warg, which I can still kill 90% of the time even if they get the jump on me, on what you stated is the weakest freep class, my hunter. Your statement seems to hint at one thing: You've barely or never have played a creep. Creeps used to have two things over freeps, dots and aoe rez. Now freeps have better dots and an aoe rez as well. Freeps > Creeps in every aspect of combat.
    [CENTER][COLOR=#C7CF92][img]http://i.imgur.com/9rGw1Yd.gif[/img]
    Misadventure - R14 Hunter, Fatwanda-1 - R10 Guard
    Velvetsixteen - R13 Reaver, Reported - R11 Warg, Gloriousleader - R10 WL[/COLOR]
    [/CENTER]

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    In-game
    Posts
    3,697

    Re: My lack of time in the moors

    Quote Originally Posted by Tchad View Post
    Sorry Tingur, help me out here... I really cannot find what new items that will increase 2age dps to 1age lvl...
    Those starlit crystal thingys!

    anyways, bout the hunter problem, no offence to Vic, but he's ezmoding the class, 1age with BH from stealth....And if not, he always carry Whee's minstrel Esmilren-1 (something like that, with him) from what ive seen, anyways. Thats the only way you can play that class without getting spunked to death. And Vic is.. hate to say it playing the class right, allready made me rage-rant bout 4 times as he loves to target my WL. anyways, hunters are either smack them down or die. In a creep's eyes freeps are OP. There was this Gritti-1 (IICR) in Glff complaining bout creeps always zerging...

    Last time I complained bout zerging I got laughed at and mocked, the minstrel who said that got cheered at/hailed, however you put it, makes sence?

    PvMP in Lotro is hillarious, exiting and FUBAR. Yet I must say being on a low rank defiler, smacking a freep with tenderize and getting the daze and run for it is one of the things I love the most with creep side besides my Tribemates. Creeps didnt need to get their CC reduced with Audacity. It really makes most of our most essential skills useless.

    Of course others can laugh and point, but tell me one thing. What makes one think they are any better?
    Say one thing in OOC; get mocked, Glff too. these so called trolls are the reason I no longer carry respect for any but a few freeps and I know many other creeps feels the same.

    Anyways: dont for once second think a creep > freep. Hunters who like to play without the so called "ezmoding" are taken down in seconds, but who cares right? free infamy? people call them noobs, but Ill tell you one thing, it pains me to see creeps throw themselves at the few freeps who actually tries putting up a fair match.

    What is PvP bout? killing people? I could do that in COD aswell... LOTRO is more of a strategy game, Heck TheSingleBoxer, Spider and DoG have often proved that creeps can beat freeps even at even numbers.

    Anyways, point: Dont underestimate a player no matter how weak the class is.

    hah got ya, this post was more about personal feelings and QQ, muhahahahhaha hate me moar!!!
    Last edited by Witch0King; May 09 2012 at 04:01 PM.

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Rio de Janeiro
    Posts
    395

    Re: My lack of time in the moors

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravyrn View Post
    I play both sides. A lot. I have over 1 mil renown on freep and over 750k infamy on creep. I certainly think I've been on both sides of the fence enough to speak without bias. There are certainly no OP creep classes. The closest thing is maybe a flayer warg, which I can still kill 90% of the time even if they get the jump on me, on what you stated is the weakest freep class, my hunter. Your statement seems to hint at one thing: You've barely or never have played a creep. Creeps used to have two things over freeps, dots and aoe rez. Now freeps have better dots and an aoe rez as well. Freeps > Creeps in every aspect of combat.
    Oh might vet Vic, that has close/over 2mi infamy/renown (Turbine should make a custom title for u dude), I am sorry to have my humble and noob opinion different from yours.

  24. #24

    Re: My lack of time in the moors

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravyrn View Post
    I play both sides. A lot. I have over 1 mil renown on freep and over 750k infamy on creep. I certainly think I've been on both sides of the fence enough to speak without bias. There are certainly no OP creep classes. The closest thing is maybe a flayer warg, which I can still kill 90% of the time even if they get the jump on me, on what you stated is the weakest freep class, my hunter. Your statement seems to hint at one thing: You've barely or never have played a creep. Creeps used to have two things over freeps, dots and aoe rez. Now freeps have better dots and an aoe rez as well. Freeps > Creeps in every aspect of combat.
    This.

    If you disagree with this post, you haven't been in the moors long enough, or played both sides long enough, or you're just dumb.

  25. #25

    Re: My lack of time in the moors

    Also, what happened? I leave for like a week and suddenly "creeps are getting rolled every night" and "freeps have more numbers in prime time"??

    Last I played my warleader, all the easymoders were rage-logging within 15 minutes of a group forming. What happened?!


    The Creamsicle shall return!!!!

 

 
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload