Home is where the heart is, or so the saying goes! We here at the Landroval Times would love to see where it is you adventurers hang your hats up at the end of a long day of battles (even if it's just a day of battling the barkeep to keep your tab open!)
As there are so many of us that are still interested in the housing aspect of the game, I thought this would be a lovely way to have users display their homes and show that people do still care about housing.
Each week in May, we'll be giving away prizes to the top Standard, Deluxe, and Kin homes (as voted on via a poll that will be posted on the Landroval Times). This will culminate in a best of the best vote at the end of the month, where the previous winners will compete for the grand prize in their category, and overall.
Though the competition started off on the Landroval server, I've received a number of people interested in participating from other servers, so I've decided to open the contest up. Obviously, weekly winners from servers outside of Landroval will be unable to collect the crafted furniture/Gold prizes, but all submissions are entered for the Ultimate Grand Prize of 1550 TP at the end of the month. Plus, it's just nice to have your home praised as players' favourites.
The deadline to submit images of your home (interior and exterior) for week 3 is MAY 13th!
How to Submit
- Please make sure there are no names visible in the screencaps.
- Do not edit the screencaps (so no photoshop, or other editing software please).
- You do not have to feature your character in any of the images, though you can if you'd like.
- Include a minimum of 4 screencaps (though you may, of course, include more).
- Remember to include images of your yard.
- The screencaps must be of your own house and reflect the way it is currently decorated.
- If entering the kin house competition, you must be the kin leader/owner of the house.
- ONE submission per person (entering more times will not increase your chance at the grand prize)
- Email your images to email@example.com OR send ' redpoisonapple ' a PM on the lotro forums.
- The images can be sent as links, or if emailing, as attachments.
- Put down which category you are entering (Standard House, Deluxe House, Kinship House).
- Include your home's full address (including server) and the homeowner's name.
- Please, also write down a few words (can be as long, or as short as you'd like) describing your home, what your home means to your character (if it means anything at all that is), and the decoration style you chose. This will be posted up with your screenshots for others to read.
- There are prizes given out weekly to the top voted Standard, Deluxe, and Kin house. They are as follows:
- Standard House prizes:
- 3 Traveling Rations
- 1 Red Canopy Bed
- 1 Small Feasting Table
- 1 Leaf Blade Candlestand
- 1 Scholar's Small Bentwood Bookshelf
- 1 Gold
- Deluxe House prizes:
- 6 Traveling Rations
- 1 Red Canopy Bed
- 1 Breakfast Table
- 1 Starry Chandelier
- 1 Scholar's Bentwood Bookshelf
- 1 Gold
- Kinship House prizes:
- 1 Large Feasting Table
- 1 Cushioned Bench
- 1 Wooden Keg
- 1 Scholar's Round Table
- 1 Scholar's Pointed Bookshelf
- 1 GoldAll entrants also receive one crafted wall paint, and one crafted rug, just for participating.
At the end of the month, the winners of the previous weeks will compete for the grand prize in their category.
Here is the submission deadline schedule:
- Standard grand prize:
- 10 Gold
- Deluxe grand prize:
- 15 Gold
- Kinship grand prize:
- 25 Gold
- There is also a grand prize for the top personal house of 1550 TP which all submissions are entered for!
Winners will be announced on Sundays both on the Landroval Times website, and here on the forums.
- Week One: Awards have been sent out. Congratulations to Fionnuala and Tathlian of Landroval!
- Week Two: Voting starts Wednesday and closes Sunday, May 13th at noon EDT.
- Week Three: Must have screenshots submitted by Sunday, May 13th 11:59pm EDT. Pictures will be posted up on Monday and Tuesday. Voting starts Wednesday and closes Sunday, May 20th at noon EDT.
- Week Four: Must have screenshots submitted by Sunday, May 20th 11:59pm EDT. Pictures will be posted up on Monday and Tuesday. Voting starts Wednesday and closes Sunday, May 27th at noon EDT.
If there are any questions, concerns, or comments, please let me know! You can email me, or PM me on the lotro forums (redpoisonapple).
Good Luck to everyone!