We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

How to disable camera automatically following target?

Hi folks,

I just started playing LOTRO again after a long break. Now my camera is automatically locking on to my target and following it, which I don't remember happening before. I find it really bothersome, and can't find where in the options menu to turn it off. I don't suppose someone can help me? Much appreciated!

Re: How to disable camera automatically following target?

pressing the X key should disable camera auto follow target
    [CENTER][URL="http://mpws.guildlaunch.com/"][U][SIZE=3]Mischievous Pipe-Weed Smokers[/SIZE][/U][/URL][/CENTER]
    [CENTER] Blissfully smoking pipe-weed together on [I]Snowbourn[/I] since 14/04/07[/CENTER]
    [CENTER]spend all day smoking pipeweed and dreaming of gold[/CENTER]
    [CENTER][URL="http://mpws.guildlaunch.com/recruiting/create_apply.php?gid=163438"]JOIN US[/URL][/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Finglonger_UK View Post
    pressing the X key should disable camera auto follow target
    Oh, thank you! I must have accidentally bumped that key.

Quote Originally Posted by jealouspirate View Post
    Oh, thank you! I must have accidentally bumped that key.
    This is a recent-ish change to the UI, and I had the same problem for quite some time. I think it deserves a vote as possibly the worst new UI feature ever introduced. If they wanted to add it they should have at least made the default binding something that you're not likely to accidentally trigger.

I just had and resolved this problem. Im so used to X being sit for most MMOs I hit it, nothing happened and than I had an epic freak out about the camera angle thing.

You can actually go into your key bindings and just delete that key bind so it never happens again.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c21400000008d35c/01005/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Lythariel View Post
    I just had and resolved this problem. Im so used to X being sit for most MMOs I hit it, nothing happened and than I had an epic freak out about the camera angle thing.

You can actually go into your key bindings and just delete that key bind so it never happens again.
    That was my problem with the "X" key . . it was used for Sit . . habit to press "X" to sit.

This question is brought up I believe once a week (or more), So I take it this is a new thing . . Like me

Of course, you can remap it or remove the key mapping altogether.
    Just search "target" on the Key Mapping tab of the Options menu.

Personally, I remapped it to Alt+X. So, I don't accidentally turn it on, but can activate it when I need a hint when trying to find some obscure items for quests while running around spamming Delete (which selects nearest item).

Quote Originally Posted by kmcferrin View Post
    This is a recent-ish change to the UI, and I had the same problem for quite some time. I think it deserves a vote as possibly the worst new UI feature ever introduced. If they wanted to add it they should have at least made the default binding something that you're not likely to accidentally trigger.
    +1

Where can we ''vote'' on this? Which forum would be most approp to voice such a sentiment to the Admin (and/or already has such a thread running)?

Meanwhile, since this question seems to be asked at least once a week, maybe sticky this, or one of the many others?