We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Question Looking for object IDs

I'm working on adding the new daily task items for update 7 on the test server, but I'm having a real problem locating the item IDs. These are the new trophy items: Barbed Claw, Beautiful Sword Sheath, Charming Sword Sheath, Creepy Filth, Creepy Skin, Elegant Scale, Elegant Sword, Nasty Filth, Polished Scale, Polished Sword Sheath, Raking Claws, Spotted Skin.

I expect the IDs will all fall in the same general range, so I only need to know 1 of them to locate the rest. With over 160,000 ID#s to look through and no way to automatically retrieve the information associated with them, its a hit-and-miss manual process that can get very tedious. Any help would be appreciated.

I've been looking in the vicinity of items like "Broken Long Bow", because the while the items have new tasks associated with them, the items themselves aren't new and thus wouldn't have high-end IDs. I expect they will be in the range of most other Moria items.

Re: Looking for object IDs

Just create a plugin with a quickslot (qs1 in example) and a label control (label1). In the qs1:ShortcutChanged event, set the label control's text, label1:SetText(qs1:GetShortcut ():GetData()) and you will get the hex code for any item you drag to the quickslot.

If you don't want to write your own plugin to catch them, just load LoTRO Alerts, use "/alerter setup" to display the setup window, click on the Response tab and use the quickslot there to drag items, the code is displayed next to the quickslot.

Quote Originally Posted by VincentAC View Post
    I expect the IDs will all fall in the same general range, so I only need to know 1 of them to locate the rest. With over 160,000 ID#s to look through and no way to automatically retrieve the information associated with them, its a hit-and-miss manual process that can get very tedious. Any help would be appreciated.
    IIDs are grouped by the time they were added to the game, not by functional area. I carefully categorize and enumerate weapons and Armour from ROI on, but not common items, but I suspect that each update's task items are in their own area unless they have been reused. They are also not grouped even within updates, there are often holes or unexplained blanks in the sequences. I'm sure you will start seeing that when you using the technique the other poster noted.

Here are the resource IDs in decimal:

Barbed Claw: 1879105186
    Beautiful Sword Sheath: 1879105477
    Charming Sword Sheath: 1879105475
    Creepy Filth: 1879105192
    Creepy Skin: 1879105470
    Elegant Scale: 1879105224
    Elegant Sword Sheath: 1879105476
    Nasty Filth: 1879105194
    Polished Scale: 1879105222
    Polished Sword Sheath: 1879105474
    Spotted Skin: 1879105468
    Raking Claw: couldn't find this one.
    Maybe Jagged Claw (lvl 55):1879104222 or Serrated Claw (lvl 57): 1879105189. You'll probably have to farm some up and see what's actually needed for the task, then report it as a bug.

Red face Re: Looking for object IDs

Thanks for all the help with this, its saved me a lot of time.

Note: I did verify that Raking Claws exist and they drop off a level 57 Deep-Claw on the test server. For some strange reason they have been renamed from Jagged Claw on the production servers for the same ID.
    Last edited by VincentAC; May 08 2012 at 10:20 AM.

Question Re: Looking for object IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Garan View Post
    If you don't want to write your own plugin to catch them, just load LoTRO Alerts, use "/alerter setup" to display the setup window, click on the Response tab and use the quickslot there to drag items, the code is displayed next to the quickslot.
    I tried using your Alerter plugin, but when I open the setup window, red stripes appear around the edge of the screen and it won't let me click on anything outside the Alerter window... so how are you supposed to drag an item to the quickslot?

I tried using your Alerter plugin, but when I open the setup window, red stripes appear around the edge of the screen and it won't let me click on anything outside the Alerter window... so how are you supposed to drag an item to the quickslot?
    The border represents the area where the alert is allowed to display. Just use the mouse to resize/position the red and white border (easiest is to grab the lower right corner and shrink it).

Thanks for all the help with this, its saved me a lot of time.

Note: I did verify that Raking Claws exist and they drop off a level 57 Deep-Claw.
    You may want to check that the item IDs I provided actually match the items currently dropping in-game. I obtained them from data.lotro.com and the Lorebook, which still aren't 100% accurate since the Great Vendor Trash Consolidation.

Quote Originally Posted by Fredelas View Post
    You may want to check that the item IDs I provided actually match the items currently dropping in-game. I obtained them from data.lotro.com and the Lorebook, which still aren't 100% accurate since the Great Vendor Trash Consolidation.
    I have all the new items working with their proper IDs (I generate a chat link so its easy to verify the reference). Next time it will be much easier because I've added an item dropbox to my window that can directly display ID information.

Thanks again for the help.

I wrote a plugin for finding ids / items with the new releases. Perhaps it can help you.

http://www.lotrointerface.com/downlo...Extension.html

Quote Originally Posted by lunarwater View Post
    I wrote a plugin for finding ids / items with the new releases. Perhaps it can help you.

http://www.lotrointerface.com/downlo...Extension.html
    Be wary of sharing what you find.
    Crell-L85-Champion - Riddermark ; Swego-L85-Burglar ; Kotvi-L95-Runekeeper
    Delego-L85 Hunter ; Stodden-L51-Captain ; Edhul-L61-Loremaster
    Deglorion - SoA XP Disabler