We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: RP ignorent

RP ignorent

I have had some characters on Landroval for some time now but have hesitated to join in any of the RP going on around me because, quite frankly, I have no idea about the rules/guidelines/protocols used. I once attempted to play some of my ABC music in the Prancing Pony when no one else was playing and I got a colder than frigid reception from some of the RPers in the area. So as I said, I'd like to join in occasionally but I have no idea how. ICing and using /e more than occasionally is difficult for me as I don't type quickly any more due to arthritis so with my mini on Crickhollow, I use my music to speak for me but Landroval has a much larger and more active Rp environment and I don't want to step on toes. So, as I asked earlier in this unintended volume, is there a guide somewhere where I could get the basics?
    Last edited by Maldrake; May 04 2012 at 08:34 AM. Reason: Spelling mistake the checker couldn't catch.

Re: RP ignorent

I really would like an answer. -bump-

Here are two topics, a bit too talkative but I hope they'll be quite satisfying:
    A guide to effective roleplaying and some suggestions on how to find RP.

Sorry this took so long to be replied to. I forgot to subscribe to it (fixed that now) and it kind of got lost in the wash.

Thank you for the links, they where helpful. Now I just have to get past my shyness and do eet.

If any Landrovalian RPer's see a young hobbit minstrel named Malimeli wandering around with a beat up old lute and looking lost, that would be me. Feel free to strike up a conversation.

I have never tried to rp this being my first mmorpg and recently I learned a bit more about it and thought it would be fun. But the problem is that I don't have a good name for it. My name is Gollumaddicttwo. Completely against the lore and against rp. I don't want to change it because that would mess everything up with my friends and such. So any suggestions? Is it completely neccesary for rp to have a good name?

@gollumaddicttwo: For an RP name, make it your surname and make sure you use it in RP. For instance, if you chose the name Midhir, instead of just typing "/e approaches the elf-maiden." which would result in "Gollumaddicttwo approaches the elf-maiden." type "/e |Midhir approaches the elf-maiden." which results in "Gollumaddicttwo |Midhir approaches the elf-maiden."

My kin on Crickhollow all has lore appropriate names except for one of the founders, and he used a surname instead for RP. There was some confusion when kinnies forgot who "Malthemenel" was, but I thought it worked well.

Quote Originally Posted by Gollumaddicttwo View Post
    Is it completely neccesary for rp to have a good name?
    Ghasp! Your name is very obstrusive for RP. Imagine how would the LotR books and movies sound if Aragaorn's name was instead "AlmostProtagonist63" or something like that!!

I'd consider to create a new character for specific RP use.
    If you don't want to do it, and don't want to change name, I think that Elvishmouse's advice is the best thing to do.