We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Raid vs Raid event this weekend

After months of simple Ec/stab/TA/TR fights, I got to thinking we should try to organize an event where creeps/freeps fight in other locations, such as the rocks outside of Coldfells Outpost. I ended up talking to Trindal and she agrees. So her and I are thinking of organizing this event for the weekend, not sure what time yet however. The idea is to fight in areas most aren't use to, and to freshen things up. We're thinking no holds barred, so stuff like no running away if about to die, etc.

Anyway, would like to see as much support for this as we can. Time to liven things up on Nimrodel again!

~Eodread/Thattickles
    [CENTER][IMG]http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p241/Annatar_2007/signature_prayer_zpse71bebfe.jpg[/IMG]
    [COLOR=#0000cd][B]Eodread, Earendel, Isilmacil - Horizon[/B][/COLOR]
    [B][COLOR=#ff0000]Thattickles, Thangorodread - Table Smashers[/COLOR][/B]

[/CENTER]

Re: Raid vs Raid event this weekend

Awesome, it will be fun to do something a bit different.

Keep us updated, I'll be on board if I can get online.

Is this 2009? The Battle in the Bowl? (pre-MoM) I think its been done and it failed miserably when Freeps just couldn't bear to let the Creep RL walk back to the Creep raid without killing him. Or maybe its 2010 when Rhyn had his North of the Parallel Party? I think someone comes up with this idea every single year and every single year it bombs epically, but it usually starts some nice forums flaming, so carry on!!!
    Last edited by Gladgilrian; May 04 2012 at 12:03 PM.
    [center][color=red]Now roaming the earth searching for a fun, interesting game.......again.[/color][/center]

[center][URL=http://s545.photobucket.com/user/fenderp61/media/ESO/Narcosys500_zpsaa2b6fce.jpg.html][IMG]http://i545.photobucket.com/albums/hh367/fenderp61/ESO/Narcosys500_zpsaa2b6fce.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/center]

as much as I'd hate to see a laggy weekend, this could be actually quite fun. However, I'd have to agree with Spidey here, get ready for some major forum qq!
    Volodic- Rank 14 Minstrel- The first and the last Warlord of Nimrodel
    Volobash- Rank 11 Blackarrow- Arkenstone, Nikitah's Bane
    Volosavenger- Rank 9 Stalker- Landroval, The white warg

Quote Originally Posted by Gladgilrian View Post
    Is this 2009? The Battle in the Bowl? (pre-MoM) I think its been done and it failed miserably when Freeps just couldn't bear to let the Creep RL walk back to the Creep raid without killing him. Or maybe its 2010 when Rhyn had his North of the Parallel Party? I think someone comes up with this idea every single year and every single year it bombs epically, but it usually starts some nice forums flaming, so carry on!!!
    Let's not forget the last champ/reaver day.

Honestly, I think a new map after five years is probably about the only thing that would liven up PvP on this or any server at this point.

Raid V. Raid is fine, although sometimes stealth classes prefer to operate outside of a raid to re-stealth easier.

When we tried a big moors event on Nim a couple years ago, the Nimrodel server ground to an almost complete halt with most people experiencing frame rates in the 2-4 frames per second range with 6 second skill lags.

This grenade's about to blow.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramiel_87 View Post
    This grenade's about to blow.
    You're killing me.

As much as you guys think this will fail, I'm up for trying. Let's get together this afternoon. If the creep RL wants to contact me and use Vent to coordinate this a bit, just let me know.

My goal is to just get us some different scenery and I have a good idea of where to fight. I'll log onto creepside first this afternoon to see who's on and what I can get coordinated.

See you on the battlefield!

Trin

It is on. South River OP. Be there - rest of the afternoon fights. Good luck to all!

Trin

Just wanted to apologize for not being able to show up this weekend. When I originally helped to come up with this idea my weekend was free. However family matters came up, preventing me from participating. But I hope everything went well, and that it encouraged both sides to fight in different locations.
    [CENTER][IMG]http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p241/Annatar_2007/signature_prayer_zpse71bebfe.jpg[/IMG]

[/CENTER]

I'm curious to know where the hell south river OP is
    [center][color=red]Now roaming the earth searching for a fun, interesting game.......again.[/color][/center]

[center][URL=http://s545.photobucket.com/user/fenderp61/media/ESO/Narcosys500_zpsaa2b6fce.jpg.html][IMG]http://i545.photobucket.com/albums/hh367/fenderp61/ESO/Narcosys500_zpsaa2b6fce.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/center]

I'm curious to hear how this turned out as well. I was excited to hear about this and disappointed that i couldnt make it. I know something like this may not scream success every time, but if you have a few major freep and creep players on board, there is bound to be descent (or differnt) fighting to be had. Please keep these coming and let me know if you want any help

It went slightly terrible. Hard to gather forces when the creeps have no organization with a bunch of greenies. When creeps were able to get organized, I had to leave. When I came back, very few creeps online. So with that said, I'm going to try again. I think it will be fun when the timing gets a little better for both sides.

Trin

Quote Originally Posted by Trinitie View Post
    It went slightly terrible. Hard to gather forces when the creeps have no organization with a bunch of greenies. When creeps were able to get organized, I had to leave. When I came back, very few creeps online. So with that said, I'm going to try again. I think it will be fun when the timing gets a little better for both sides.

Trin
    I'll drop a line here since I did participate on creep. I had a group of 3 people and honestly, the rest of the creeps were either greenies or stabhuggers. Secondly, that terrorizing lag didn't help either on both sides. May I suggest coordinating the fight locations with a creep leader on vent next time? Now that I think about it, not many creep leaders left. Unless, Victi gets that group going again, it was a blast, even though I got roflowned. Bring back the weak raid leaders, you know who you are)

i always love pvp no matter what. i just want it to be enjoyable. alot of people turn sour and have their own views. keep bringing it and hopefully more will buy in to the non stab/ta/tr fights. you dont always have to raid up also . maybe try small group fights ? camping gta with a group of freeps while the raid rides around and takes keeps. idk. im just trying to give ideas on how to split the fighting up

......so it went about as well as I thought it would, LOL!!

My god, what did they do now to bork the forums?
    Last edited by Gladgilrian; May 08 2012 at 12:12 PM.

Not sure, but somehow my settings were all in French at first. Once I corrected that, I now have to click on any link in the forums three times to get it to actually go. (Used to have to click it twice to get it to go ever since they incorporated the online accounts to the forums a few years ago).

So was it a Freep raid Vs. Warg raid? Or is that phase over?

......so it went about as well as I thought it would, LOL!!

Can only blame the timing and server performance honestly. I did however notice that the lemmings came out, you know which ones as soon as the word RAID was announced. I'm really not sure how people still have fun just raiding. Small groups/fellowships is where it's at. Simpler to coordinate and you actually have to use skills to support/dps rather than MASH 3 buttons to kill a target called out by raid leader. I'm not completely advocating against freep raids, just hoping freeps even creeps for that matter will realize when to raid and when to create a complete solo/small group chaos. I remember Windy, one of the former freep leaders, didn't open raids like he used. He embraced the chaos of solo play and small group action with his son/kinmates.
    If you want to still have fun in the moors, grab a couple of beers, get on vent, group up with a friend and go kill sh*t!

Quote Originally Posted by vhamster View Post
    I remember Windy, one of the former freep leaders, didn't open raids like he used. He embraced the chaos of solo play and small group action with his son/kinmates.
    If you want to still have fun in the moors, grab a couple of beers, get on vent, group up with a friend and go kill sh*t!
    You mean when he was 2 boxing on warg and mini? He didn't need a raid then to protect his rating

You mean when he was 2 boxing on warg and mini? He didn't need a raid then to protect his rating
    Fun fact, I actually sparred him in book 6 for about an hour+ one time when there wasn't anything else going on
    Ended up with LM foe and him not yielding any more renown after enough deaths

Of course I died my share, when LM's pop lighting and ents in a book like that. But lol, still.
    "Because I'm sane, and I know I am because I'm constantly thinking 'don't be crazy' to myself. Crazy people don't do that because crazy people don't worry about becoming crazy"

Quote Originally Posted by Fapsintosocks View Post
    Fun fact, I actually sparred him in book 6 for about an hour+ one time when there wasn't anything else going on
    Ended up with LM foe and him not yielding any more renown after enough deaths

Of course I died my share, when LM's pop lighting and ents in a book like that. But lol, still.

"A black astronaut Cyril, that's like killing a unicorn"

That's all I read.... Nothing sums up the thread better.

Well seeing how many are on tonight on both sides, I'm thinking we try to set this up again for next Saturday? and lets see some real supporters on each side. Less EC/stab, more pvp

UPDATE: Initial plan is to have this next saturday at 7 pm EST, starting location would be around Plains Out post
    Last edited by Isilmacil; May 13 2012 at 12:10 AM.

[/CENTER]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast