We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Would this resolve the abandoned houses issue?

Sorry if this has been proposed before. Tell me what you think, both in terms of "fairness" and technical workability.

When a house's period of abandonment passes a certain threshold -- say, two years -- the following happens:

1. Info about the house and its contents is archived.
    2. The housing lot is returned to the market.
    3. If the previous owner returns and pays the fees to reclaim the house, they are given a house in the identical location, but in a different neighborhood.

If that location is unavailable in any neighborhood, the returning homeowner selects the alternative lot location that best suits them.

Naturally, this depends on the assumption that most abandoned houses won't be reclaimed by their previous owners. If there's a big enough resurgence of returning homeowners, Turbine would have to either create new neighborhoods or renege on providing the option to reclaim the house.

Re: Would this resolve the abandoned houses issue?

Been Suggested Many Times Many Long Threads on the topic of Abandoned Houses.
    A little research would reveal them and allow you to post in those threads as well.

Something Must Be done and keeping the topic relevent and active in the forums is
    the only way to encourage Turbine to Do something about the mess they created when
    they stopped booting people for non payment of maintenance.

Well maybe if enough people Stop VIP and Stop Buying TP would help as well....
    Hit them where it Hurts the bottom line they will react since that seems to be all that
    Turbine cares about.....MONEY not game Quality.
    Last edited by NickStern; May 01 2012 at 06:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NickStern View Post
    Been Suggested Many Times Many Long Threads on the topic of Abandoned Hoses.
    Oh jeeze I just can't go there.

You have to understand Turbine position on permanent house owneship:

1) It is customer requested change that Turbine agreed to make. Turbine does not consider permanent ownership a problem. Instead Turbine consider permanent house ownership a solution to serious customer complaints.

2) I do not get any indication that Turbine feels that any form of "taking customers personal houses" is something that needs adding to the game. I do not know what if anything will cause an attitude change for Turbine.

3) Even if we get an attitude change, housing is a completed feature. Turbine does not actively enhance, modify or change this feature. They are investing their development dollars into other aspects of the game.

Perhaps housing will get updates which might include this issue if someone makes a business case showing how Turbine make lots of dollars off of housing. I fought desperately against permanent house ownership. Good thing the forum reputation system did not exist at that time. I would have gotten a lot of negative reputation in addition the flames, the lets chase, trample and stop Yula into goo.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

Seems Odd every thread is about ^
    Last edited by NickStern; May 01 2012 at 06:26 PM.