We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Numbers to Aim For?

Hey, I'm approaching cap fast, and I just want to know where my stats should be when I get there. I've seen a few other burgs on my server, very competetent as well (maethar I believe is his name), and I took a look at some of their stats. Alot of them run with around 5k in resistances, so is that low because I currently have 5k in resistances. Or is my resistance just high?

Info on other stats is appreciated as well, as I see a lot of differences in Burgs stats like Agility and such.

P.S.
    I'm planning to do a lot of PvMP.

Re: Numbers to Aim For?

I don't know much about burglars, not having played them much (My mains are a Runekeeper and a Hunter) but the build seems to be similar to a hunter. There are a few directions you can take with your build:

1. The DPS build.
    This build concentrates on maximizing your damage output. As part of this build, you should concentrate on:
    -Gear with stats that will boost your offence such as Agility, Critical Rating, Physical Mastery
    -The best weapons possible
    -Just enough vitality to be feasibly survivable
    -Just enough will to be feasibly sustainable.
    This build will allow you to deal massive damage but limits your survivability possibilities. Probably not the best build for a PvMPer as it will allow you to be killed more easily.

2. The survivability build.
    This build concentrates on maximizing your survivability while doing passable DPS. Focuses:
    -Gear with vitality, ICMR, ICPR, etc. Agility and offensive stats should be also sought but almost as a secondary concern.
    -The best weapons possible for survivability (legacies, etc.)
    -Just enough Agility/Mastery/Critical rating to do passable damage.
    This build will allow you to survive the longest possible but probably not the best build either because it sacrifices a good chunk of your damage in favor of extra morale.

Most people go with:
    3. The balanced build.
    This build is based solely on your individual playstyle. Aim for the best gear possible and make educated choices on what to get and what to skip. If you like doing more damage lean more heavily towards a DPS build. If you like surviving longer in favor of sacrificing DPS, then do that. It's up to you to pick your gear and find that perfect balance. Other people may recommend their builds but take them with a grain of salt, because that build is the one that worked best for them. There really is no "right" build in LotRO, so you should go and discover what gear there is out there and pick the pieces that are best for you.

On an additional note, the stats you should focus on are (in my order of precedence):
    Agility - 10 points physical mastery (+Phys Atk), 3 points critical rating (+Crit chance)/point
    --Physical mastery
    --Critical rating
    Vitality - 3 points morale, some OCMR/point
    Fate - 3 points critical rating, some ICPR, ICMR/point
    --ICPR
    --ICMR
    Will - 3 points power, some OCPR/point

Might - should not be a concern. Benefits it provides are negligible for burglars and hunters.

As you can see, I lean more heavily towards the DPS side of the spectrum on my hunter. It's up to you to decide your gear choices. There's not really a set of numbers that you should aim to hit.

Hope this helped.
    Cerridan of Firefoot.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d00000024d34d/01001/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Hey

As you probably noticed, my build is decently weighted to agility. I run 8798 morale, 33% tac mit, and 83.1% physical mastery (top 3 important stats) pretty much all the time in the moors. Personally I feel that this gives me enough tankiness combined with TnG/KO to survive most situations while still dealing intense damage. Actual resistance(not mitigation) is a nice stat to have but not critical by any means, I don't build for it at all with the exception of Honour. You'll have to just play around and see what you like/what gear you can get.

I tend to aim for 42.

Sometimes I would try for 69.

Others often report over 9000!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenstride View Post
    I tend to aim for 42.

Sometimes I would try for 69.

Others often report over 9000!

42 is obviously the only correct answer in this list.
    And don't forget your towel.

I can't help much on the PvMP front.
    I think Morale is more important than Agility there.

Depending on how you want to build, your morale can be anywhere from 6,000 to 8,500+ and your agility can run from 1,300 to 2,300. Most well geared burgs seem to average around 7,200 morale and 1,800 agility.

In high end raid gear I usually run 8,000 morale and 2,100 agility. When I switch to my moors armor I run 8,350 morale and 1840 agility. I like to use 3 unseen (helm, legs, shoulders) and 3 pandemonium (boots, gloves, chest) for PvMP.

I personally like the resist stat and usually run about 6,300 resist but most burgs seem to run closer to 2,600 resist. (Probably slotting tact mitigation virtues instead of resist virtues.)
    Last edited by Mystarr; May 01 2012 at 11:55 AM.
    Merridan - Burglar lvl 100 (Rank 12)
    Gormadan - Minstrel lvl 100 (Rank 4) : Traldan - Captain lvl 100 : Celebdan - Weaver (Rank 11)

Quote Originally Posted by MrFreddy View Post
    Hey

As you probably noticed, my build is decently weighted to agility. I run 8798 morale, 33% tac mit, and 83.1% physical mastery (top 3 important stats) pretty much all the time in the moors. Personally I feel that this gives me enough tankiness combined with TnG/KO to survive most situations while still dealing intense damage. Actual resistance(not mitigation) is a nice stat to have but not critical by any means, I don't build for it at all with the exception of Honour. You'll have to just play around and see what you like/what gear you can get.
    How hard do you hit with around 1600 agility?

Quote Originally Posted by Mystarr View Post
    Depending on how you want to build, your morale can be anywhere from 6,000 to 8,500+ and your agility can run from 1,300 to 2,300. Most well geared burgs seem to average around 7,200 morale and 1,800 agility.

In high end raid gear I usually run 8,000 morale and 2,100 agility. When I switch to my moors armor I run 8,350 morale and 1840 agility. I like to use 3 unseen (helm, legs, shoulders) and 3 pandemonium (boots, gloves, chest) for PvMP.

I personally like the resist stat and usually run about 6,300 resist but most burgs seem to run closer to 2,600 resist. (Probably slotting tact mitigation virtues instead of resist virtues.)
    Those are good numbers. Mind telling me what virtues/class traits you run with usually?

Also, is it important to get the PvMP gear for Audacity, or can you be fine with high-end raid gear?

Quote Originally Posted by TheOrcsBane View Post
    Those are good numbers. Mind telling me what virtues/class traits you run with usually?
    Most burgs swear by 5QK but I like to run gambler. I think it throws some creeps off a little since they arent used to fighting against it. I also think the extra CC/debuffs are VERY nice these days. It gives me an extra 15-20s per fight where most creep classes basically cant do anything to me. Thats often enough time to decide a fight.

CLASS TRAITS
    My 5 gambler traits are: Footpad, Leafwalker, Honed Wit, Side Step, & Swift and Subtle
    My 2 other traits are: Trickster (can beat AOE slow with AOE stun follow up); Ambidextrous (IMO This is the single best DPS trait for a burg)

VIRTUES
    - Zeal (morale and mitigation)
    - Valour (for morale)
    - Determination (agility and morale)
    - Charity (resistance and phys mitigation)
    - Honour (resistance, tact mitigation, and a little vitality)

Lots of people would disagree with my last two choices. If you don't want to focus that heavy on resistance then consider: Innocence & tolerance/fidelity

Also, is it important to get the PvMP gear for Audacity, or can you be fine with high-end raid gear?
    I was pleasantly surprised that I was able to do okay out in the moors in the raid gear. However, I would recommend the Audacity gear. It makes life much easier out in the moors.

The 3 unseen armor pieces combined with the footpad trait give me +4 stealth lvl at all times. When I am just stealthing around I swap in a +stealth lvl pocket and cloak. This gives me +8 stealth most of the time. (Anything I can do to prevent wargs from getting the warning message about something hidden nearby means less tracks.)
    Last edited by Mystarr; May 03 2012 at 06:02 PM.
    Gormadan - Minstrel lvl 100 (Rank 4) : Traldan - Captain lvl 100 : Celebdan - Weaver (Rank 11)

Quote Originally Posted by TheOrcsBane View Post
    How hard do you hit with around 1600 agility?
    Not sure exactly what you want, but I feel that my damage is very solid. As far as damage goes you really just care about physical mastery as crit comes naturally with agility as well, so I feel that with 83.1% (+15% from 3set) I'm a very significant threat to any creep with less than 2 healers.

As far as gear goes the raid set is ok but you'll definitely want the PvMP armour, the stat loss is worth it. I run the same virtues as above except switching out Determination > Innocence and Charity > Fidelity. I personally run QK but that is more of a playstyle issue than a build issue with the exception of your weapon/bag.

Ok, thanks for the opinions and tips guys. I'll try em' all out to see what I like.

People forgot to mention the importance of crit rating...

Burglars rely massively on their crits ( no crits = no dps) my QK burglar runs with 37% tactical mit, 1.7k agility, 7.8k morale and 23%ish crit chance.

Physical mastery isn't in my top 3 priority stats. Would put them in that order : Critical rating. Morale. Mitigations (especially tactical mit for the Moors). Agility. Resistance.

I use 5x QK moors set. 5 reds 1 blue 1 yellow. Fidelity, Zeal, Valour, Tolerance, Innocence (might swap this one for honour).
    Ahrean ~ Wabby ~ Licht ~ Riddermark.
    Misternoodle ~ Melondeau ~ Maex ~ Brandywine.
    Evna ~ Avely ~ Yleva ~ Meneldor
    Clownfish ~ Dictator ~ Batadainder (or something like that) ~ Squirter ~ Crickhollow

I am a fairly new burglar who is still trying to figure out what would be the best build. I go through most content easy enough. I don't do PvP, but I am raiding in a casual way (Draigoch T2 CH and ToO all wings T1 so far).

My numbers are a lot lower than what I see here. Probably part of the problem is that my burglar is not my main, so for now I went for Great River crafted gear (6 of 8 jewelry pieces are Great River, have a full set of Great River armour) instead of raid gear. Currently I am traited QK, but I might switch to Mischief at some point.

For my virtues I have gone all the way for resistance and mitigations, mostly to make myself sturdier in raids (Tolerance, Innocence, Charity, Honour, Compassion). Also because I think many other stats (except maybe morale from zeal/valour and the icmr/icpr from various virtues) are just not worth it at level 75. My virtues are not all at rank 14 yet, but they are close.

Further I am using a 2nd age level 75 dagger and a Polished Great River dagger of Dexterity (which is currently missing 270 morale due to the bug in Update 7). I am also using some 2nd age level 75 burglar tools. The relics I have slotted are T6, T7 or T8 (and the best crafted relics).

My numbers are:
    - Morale: 5,863 (used to be slightly over 6k, but the Great River dagger of Dexterity is missing 270 morale since Update 7).
    - Icmr: 883
    - Ocmr: 4,946
    - Power: 2,634
    - Icpr: 1,084
    - Ocpr: 2,859
    - Armour: 4,322

- Agility: 990
    - Vitality: 662
    - Fate: 316
    - Might: 179
    - Will: 175

- Critical hit: 6,686 (18.3%, devastating: 6.8%)
    - Finesse: 3,382 (10.2%)
    - Physical Mastery: 15,260 (55.1%)
    - Tactical Mastery: 1,962 (8.0%, outgoing healing: 6.2%)

- Resistance: 7,538 (20.2%)
    - Incomming healing: 1,820 (5.8%)
    - Parry: 3,762 (11.2%, partially parry: 3.6%, damage reduced for partially parry: 31.2%)
    - Evade: 4,944 (14.3%, partially evade: 4.7%, damage reduced for partially evade: 34.3%)
    - Physical Mitigation: 5,012 (27.7%, common 37.7%)
    - Tactical Mitigation: 4,665 (26.6%)

I wonder if there is a way improve my agility and morale somewhat without sacrificing too much on other stats. Compared with other burglars I probably have extremely high resistance rating, but other than that, are any of my stats very high for a burglar?

I wonder if there are burglars with a similar set of stats since I see many here that have twice the amount of agility I have.
    Last edited by whh82; May 22 2012 at 12:40 PM.

Im not sure exactly what the stats are on your armor/gear, but if your morale is less than
    7200 and/or you agility is less than 1800 you need to rethink your gear.

See my post in this thread for suggestions
    http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.p...Burglar-Builds
    Last edited by Mystarr; May 23 2012 at 12:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mystarr View Post
    Im not sure exactly what the stats are on your armor/gear, but if your morale is less than
    7200 and/or you agility is less than 1800 you need to rethink your gear.

See my post in this thread for suggestions
    http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.p...Burglar-Builds
    I currently wear crafted gear (all Great River stuff). Most pieces have +63 agility on them. There are a couple that have less so optimizing that a bit I might be able to get maybe 1200 agility, but I think that is pretty much the maximum if you go for crafted gear right now. I hope to get my hands on a Draigoch cloak soon, but other than that I'm not sure if I will invest anything in raiding or bartered gear for now (since my burglar is an alt and Riders of Rohan is not that far away).

So... when you say if your morale is less than 7200 and/or agility less than 1800... then you are assuming I will be doing instances/raids/pvp for gear I guess? Otherwise it seems impossible to me to reach those numbers. Using the Great River crafted gear (which is pretty good compared to crafted gear from the past I'd say) gets you nowhere near those numbers.

Actually in raid gear my stats are: 8,000 morale and 2,100 agility

I consider the 7,200 morale 1,800 agility to be non-raid gear stats (but you would need to run instances)

For Example, this will get you around 1,700 agility and 8,000 Morale. (Tweak as needed)

126 agil 169 morale limelight gorge barter earring
    67 agil 365 morale greater river crafted earring
    126 agil 337 morale limelight gorge barter pocket
    126 agil 169 morale limelight gorge barter ring
    62 agil set bonus for wearing the 3 limelight gorge barter items
    58 agil 174 morale Theodred crafted ring
    63 agil 189 morale crafted great river wrist
    63 agil 189 morale crafted great river wrist
    77 agil 268 morale teal necklace barter for sigils at ox clan camp
    337 morale teal cloak from T2 pits 3 man challenge
    63 agil 366 morale great river crafted dagger
    122 agil Draigoch boots barter for medallions
    122 agil Draigoch legs barter for medallions
    122 agil 183 morale Draigoch gloves barter for medallions
    122 agil 183 morale Draigoch chest barter for medallions
    63 agil 96 morale Great River crafted shoulder
    87 agil 302 morale Theodred crafted helm
    27 agil Great River legendary wep scroll with Beleriand damage
    27 agil Great River Legendary tools scroll with tact mitigation
    460 morale 2x Tier 6 setting of precision?
    460 morale 2x Tier 6 gem of hope
    360 morale 2x Tier 6 rune of 2 trees
    40 agil 2x crafted relics: Device of accuracy
    42 agil 98 morale Rank 14 Determination
    389 Morale Rank 14 Zeal
    389 Morale Rank 12 Valour