We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Solo Warden vs Watcher Raid

So.

You get called to a Watcher raid, to of course naturally find out that people don't know what they're doing.

You do though. You're a seasoned warden, and you know how to fight. You know things aren't going to work out but you're there for the fun of it.

Everybody wipes on the first shout, but you.

Now its up to you to fight the Watcher.

Alone.

Last screenshot before death:
    (Thas'right, 81 Corruptions/Effects on Watcher!)

(Moved image from photobucket to Tinypic hosting since i don't want my account blown up from too many views. Got slightly resized.)

I got the right main tentacle in the last phase down 1/2 before I ran out of tents to gain morale from. Took 30 minutes to get to that point, from the two starter tentacles.

Overall a good try. Right?

Don't believe me? Click here. The people in the raid should be able to vouch for it as well. These are not kin members I was running with. (Exception being Eredor)

Think it'll be possible come level 85, or has the Watcher been done solo already? =P
    Haven't really been active here since 4/27/12
    Jessiriel (79 Hunter) | Wheresmy Refund (75 Warden) | Alialime (63 Minstrel)

Re: Solo Warden vs Watcher Raid

nicely done. as cool as it would be to solo the watcher, the mechanics of the fight make it....tedious moreso than difficult to solo. i doubt many wardens are glutens for this level of punishment. soloing on a warden is great fun, but anything that tedious isnt for me! lol

on a side note, id be willing to bet that this could be 2 or 3 manned must faster than solo and also much less tedious. hmmmm might give this a try, still want that warden helm n shoulders!

lol, why so many corruptions? And why was no one removing them? Any time that I tanked the Watcher on my Warden I would be tanking it while removing the corruptions myself.
    [CENTER]
    [/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Elrendos View Post
    lol, why so many corruptions? And why was no one removing them? Any time that I tanked the Watcher on my Warden I would be tanking it while removing the corruptions myself.
    When the Watcher came up, I tried switching between assailment and determination a bit for ranged reversal. However, there was a biiiig dent to my morale whenever I was.. and I needed to take down the tentacles too! A lot to consider, and those corruptions just keep buildin' ... so I focused on burning the big tentacles one by one first.

Also, nobody else was removing them because they died way earlier. Yes, normally I'd do the same.

Ahhh. So they all came after the rest of the raid died. Makes sense then why there would be so many. I know we are considered a 'small fellowship' but we can only do so much as a 'raid'. He he. Nice job never-the-less.
    [CENTER]
    [/CENTER]

I had the same thing happen to me. I could have quite happily tanked him solo forever... except for those tricksy tentacles dangling me upside down!

--Harper
    [url=http://alesandtales.com]The Lonely Mountain Band[/url]|[url=http://tinyurl.com/freestyleharp]Freestyle![/url]|[url=http://tinyurl.com/winharperella]Winner: Top Guild Leader![/url]|[url=Weatherstock.guildlaunch.com]Weatherstock V[/url]

So if a warden is a small fellowship, then 4 should be able to take the Watcher no problem, right?

I'm up for trying on Landroval if anyone wants to give it a go!

Quote Originally Posted by Nydorewyth View Post
    So if a warden is a small fellowship, then 4 should be able to take the Watcher no problem, right?

been 4 manned on Gilrain , and I'm actually looking to duo it in the next few days so wish luck!

ps OP I'm guessing you was getting hit around 8-9K if you didn't parry or evade one of his ranged attacks? :P
    Gilrain - Draigoch First 13/10/2011
    Celestrata - Surprise, it's not a glitch! :D

Easily. My kinship was 6-manning it back in the Moria days.
    [CENTER]
    [/CENTER]

I'd be up for that (69 WRD Landroval Mikethalor), but I've only done Watcher once

Quote Originally Posted by astronomerwithagun View Post
    I'd be up for that (69 WRD Landroval Mikethalor), but I've only done Watcher once
    Easy enough if you have one person concentrate on removing corruptions (tank is fine for that), one person dealy with tentacles, and another dps'ing. May take a while but it would be fun to do.
    [CENTER]
    [/CENTER]

How would you deal with being strung upside down?

He's not in the instance solo, there are other people there who could stop him from being dangled. The dangling mechanics make this instance impossible to truly solo as far as I can tell
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/132130100000c80f8/signature.png]Healingfiend[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by butterfingers158 View Post
    He's not in the instance solo, there are other people there who could stop him from being dangled. The dangling mechanics make this instance impossible to truly solo as far as I can tell
    Nah, you can avoid the dangling if you stay out of the deep water. I gave the instance a few tries solo for fun, but at the moment I'd still say it's impossible. You don't have enough dps to counter the tentacle healing, and the corruptions seem to stack infinitely (I got up to 138 on one try, which made me laugh when I counted them all up.) so you'll inevitably die in the end. It might work out once the level cap is raised though.
    Idmel

4 wardens? Easily! I've duo'd on my champion with a warden on Windfola. All it takes is a little skill, coordination and about 20 minutes.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0720600000027b8f5/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

A warden from my server soloed it on BR, so yes, it is very much possible
    Eredor-Champion, Ereworn-Minstrel, Ereshorn-Runekeeper, Eresworn-Hunter, Pleasefarmme-Reaver Eremourn-Burglar Erehorn-Captain, Erelorn-Warden, Eretorn-Lore-Master... And Erecorn-Master Farmer

It is soloable, just tried today and got it done. There seems to be a bug where the stranglings dont show up anymore or like butterfingers say, they only appear while swiming. Anyway heres a link, hopefully it gives ideas how you may get it done.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIGtIT5-B3o
    Terminaattori of Elendilmir

I seem remember, (quite a while back actually), that the Watcher was changed so that, since when a person is dangling they are out of aggro of the Watcher, that the person with aggro could not be dangled. So, if you are the only one in the instance, and thus the tank, you would not be grabbed by tentacles... May be wrong on that, but .. pretty sure.

In case anyone missed it, this thread is from 2012 so the discussion is from a different level cap and possibly different mechanics (strangling tentacles if they were really changed). Just a fyi.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthMobius View Post
    In case anyone missed it, this thread is from 2012 so the discussion is from a different level cap and possibly different mechanics (strangling tentacles if they were really changed). Just a fyi.
    Bah,. and how many times did I miss that.. /crys.

You're a warden. The watcher is like a nerfed warden. You should be able to solo the watcher as long as you are lvl 80 and lvl 2 virtues, and at least yellow armor. Honestly, you should be able to solo the watcher with merely, yellow underwears.

Is truth.
    I pop, pop, shrews in the head, ed, ed,
    And I eat what's left when the shrews are dead.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/02204000000195bbf/signature.png]Popnpip[/charsig]

tried last sunday (U8, russian server) but failed.
    3 red + 3 blue etten set, 1800 might, 1200 vitality, ~25k Physical mastery.
    5blue + 2red traited.

problem is 2 wriggling tentacles - i can't to kill them quickly, not enough dps.
    and then was hooked by strangling tentacle and death
    will try again
    Last edited by PulseDiver2; Jul 23 2013 at 02:03 PM.

Don't really want to necro intentionally, but saw some responses to this thread long after its creation [after my own long hiatus] -- the video of the warden soloing with the new level cap was a bit inspirational, and I might have to give it a try myself with whatever gear might be obtainable at 85 currently.. or 95 in a couple days. Given my warden is still 75 though, this will involve a small grind I'm sure...

At 95, this probably should be a cakewalk! I have to wonder how many people tried this at the 75 or 85 cap besides the posters above.

However, I'm not familiar with whatever changes have occurred / are occurring, so I kinda want to avoid leveling her until following the RoR update at the very least.

Quote Originally Posted by deaddove View Post
    Don't really want to necro intentionally, but saw some responses to this thread long after its creation [after my own long hiatus] -- the video of the warden soloing with the new level cap was a bit inspirational, and I might have to give it a try myself with whatever gear might be obtainable at 85 currently.. or 95 in a couple days. Given my warden is still 75 though, this will involve a small grind I'm sure...

At 95, this probably should be a cakewalk! I have to wonder how many people tried this at the 75 or 85 cap besides the posters above.

However, I'm not familiar with whatever changes have occurred / are occurring, so I kinda want to avoid leveling her until following the RoR update at the very least.
    3.5 manned it a few nights ago, balrog also, I can't take much credit as my cappy was about lvl 68 both times and I died about halfway through each fight. Balrog was more of a pain, kept auto wiping us for not doing the levers. Solo'ed CD yesterday with tank/heal cappy, was more a test of endurance than skill :P