We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

what are the best hunter Class Traits?

I would like to know what are some of the best and most powerful class traits, like a all-round sort of opinion i don't want to switch them at all.

Re: what are the best hunter Class Traits?

Then prepare for disappointment, depending on what level you are. (What level are we talking about, anyway?)

There are several problems with ''not wanting to switch them at all'':

1) At low levels, not every Trait is available. You have to open them via Class Deeds, and if you haven't ground up those 1000 critical hits (or whatever), you just don't have access to it. BUT you may have something else that is still quite nice - ignoring the good one to wait for the ''better'' one is a waste of a slot. If you are not Lvl 75 now, better Traits will become available later.

b) Your playstyle may not be my playstyle or their playstyle. Someone may recommend something to you, and it just doesn't work the same because you don't play the same. Do you shoot and move a lot? Do you find yourself in Melee a lot? Do you love to use Traps? Are you solo or with a group, and what is their playstyle? Often experimentation is needed.

iii) There simply is no one ''best''. Different instances offer different challenges. Different Fellowships may have different expectations or needs. Sometimes you may want the Trapper series, other times the Bow series, other times the Huntsman series, or parts of each.

last) It's only game money - Silver Pieces. At high levels, you'll have more than you need. Don't die because you're cheap with monopoly-money.

If it's time that's the issue, the hassle of changing them - then accept that you'll be less than optimal.

All that said, if you're Level 75 and have them all - either the Huntsman or Bowmaster group give good group bonuses when equipping multiples - ignore Trapper of Foes. (I'd lean toward the Bowmaster series, but that's just me.)

(Edit - And that doesn't include Legendary Class Traits, which are a whole different challenge to track down.)
    Last edited by C-Hound; Apr 29 2012 at 04:54 PM.

For solo play, I would probably go for huntsman because you can generate huge amount of focus. At lower levels, pumping out lots of focus skills will keep you alive longer than a few percentages of extra DPS, which doesn't amount to much because you're not doing a lot of damage to begin with (compared to a max level hunter). I think huntsman traits are also some of the first to unlock enough to give you some decent trait line bonuses.

Another viewpoint: I started traiting 5 deep in Trapper of Foes a few weeks ago, and I'm really enjoying it. I'm a solo player, just starting in Enedwaith (level currently in the low 60's). Trapper of Foes has given my hunter the tools to survive situations that previously would have required a man-heal or even a Desperate Flight. I don't really miss the extra DPS. I *do* like being able to handle multiple landscape mobs at one time.

As others have said, most traits have their place. The deciding factors are your level (which traits are available to you) and your play style.

Then prepare for disappointment, depending on what level you are. (What level are we talking about, anyway?)

There are several problems with ''not wanting to switch them at all'':

1) At low levels, not every Trait is available. You have to open them via Class Deeds, and if you haven't ground up those 1000 critical hits (or whatever), you just don't have access to it. BUT you may have something else that is still quite nice - ignoring the good one to wait for the ''better'' one is a waste of a slot. If you are not Lvl 75 now, better Traits will become available later.

b) Your playstyle may not be my playstyle or their playstyle. Someone may recommend something to you, and it just doesn't work the same because you don't play the same. Do you shoot and move a lot? Do you find yourself in Melee a lot? Do you love to use Traps? Are you solo or with a group, and what is their playstyle? Often experimentation is needed.

iii) There simply is no one ''best''. Different instances offer different challenges. Different Fellowships may have different expectations or needs. Sometimes you may want the Trapper series, other times the Bow series, other times the Huntsman series, or parts of each.

last) It's only game money - Silver Pieces. At high levels, you'll have more than you need. Don't die because you're cheap with monopoly-money.

If it's time that's the issue, the hassle of changing them - then accept that you'll be less than optimal.

All that said, if you're Level 75 and have them all - either the Huntsman or Bowmaster group give good group bonuses when equipping multiples - ignore Trapper of Foes. (I'd lean toward the Bowmaster series, but that's just me.)

(Edit - And that doesn't include Legendary Class Traits, which are a whole different challenge to track down.)

I am currently 49, I don't want to change them all the time I will equip new ones but i don't reason to change them for raids,groups etc. In fact the way I have it set now (all red) it worked better with my dad (captain) than by self in a skirmish and questing. Although i haven't done a raid yet I plan to soon though.

b)I do not move at all i sit still firing then switch to melee when they get to me. I am fond of using traps on signatures and multiple targets. i mainly play solo currently but I also do skirmishes with my dad and plan on the larger instances soon.

On money I have no argument but i don't see why I should change them at this time, but i have never heard why this is done either. Perhaps you could tell me why?

Quote Originally Posted by Gartengis View Post
    I am currently (level) 49, I don't want to change them all the time I will equip new ones but i don't reason to change them for raids,groups etc...

b)I do not move at all i sit still firing then switch to melee when they get to me. I am fond of using traps on signatures and multiple targets. i mainly play solo currently but I also do skirmishes with my dad and plan on the larger instances soon.

...i don't see why I should change them at this time, but i have never heard why this is done either. Perhaps you could tell me why?
    I already addressed many of these points above, in the response that you quoted (or didn't*), but I'll give you short answers, just b/c it's impolite to leave someone hanging...

(* using the [ quote ] button is your friend. So is editing down a long post you're quoting to only those parts that are relevevant)

When a character starts, they can handle almost anything solo, no problem, even if played ''less than perfectly''. As you get closer to end content, bosses get much tougher, and in many ways - and can be less forgiving. One is ''resistance'', which can negate DoT effects. Another is ''mitigation'', which makes smaller individual attacks (like multi-arrow) less effective. What works well ''now'' may not work well later.

Another difference is the party you're running with. Some parties (or some challenges) don't invite DoT effects (bleeding, etc) because that can break some holds and roots and negate CC effects. (This can include your own traps.) Other groups (or specific instances) may want the group to be more mobile, and so lines that generate/save Focus are more desirable.

But while these are all true, they are also hard to predict. So if you don't want to change, and if you find a way that you like to play, then play that way. As (part of what) I said above, the only ''best'' is what's best for you.
    Last edited by C-Hound; May 07 2012 at 06:23 PM.