We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: LOTRO Plugins

LOTRO Plugins

What LOTRO plugins are the best? I was thinking of downloading Palantir and Tonicbars, but I got mixed reviews for Tonicbars, and Palantir is apparently not updating anymore.

So what UI skins are used by the majority of users here? I have a Ministrel, Captain, and Loremaster if that helps.

Re: LOTRO Plugins

And while you're at it, could you talk generally about plug-ins - how they work, what they do for you, where to get them - for those who are unfamiliar with them. Thanks!

Try the LotRO Plugin Compendium from the guys at lotrocompendium.com
    It gives you a great tool to install, remove, upgrade and learn about new plugins coming out.
    _The_Best_Plugin_ is not something you'll find out there.
    Caputo - Burglar | Drugar - Champ | Wislingard - Warden | Xenilinex - Hunter | Tonenas - RK | Rhichard - CAP

I use MinstrelBuff on my mini. It shows which ballads I have up and a countdown timer for the anthems I have running, including anthems from other minis in the group. For all my characters I use BuffBars and CombatAnalysis. If you run both with the newest versions, it will show debuffs on BuffBars so you can see when stuns will run out, etc, so that's great for LMs and Burgs especially. CA also gives you DPS numbers, B/P/E for yourself and your targets, which I find helpful when aggregated to get a general idea how my build is working. I got all of them from Lotrointerface.com and they have good instructions on how to get them loaded up.

Quote Originally Posted by Tapdog72 View Post
    I use MinstrelBuff on my mini. It shows which ballads I have up and a countdown timer for the anthems I have running, including anthems from other minis in the group. For all my characters I use BuffBars and CombatAnalysis. If you run both with the newest versions, it will show debuffs on BuffBars so you can see when stuns will run out, etc, so that's great for LMs and Burgs especially. CA also gives you DPS numbers, B/P/E for yourself and your targets, which I find helpful when aggregated to get a general idea how my build is working. I got all of them from Lotrointerface.com and they have good instructions on how to get them loaded up.
    You should DEFINITELY have MinstrelBuff, it's incredibly useful, especially if you run deep yellow. Another one I like on my Mini is Songbook, it's great if you use the music system.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0e215000000094dc4/01007/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Alright, so currently I'm thinking of running Palantir, BuffBars, and TonicBars. Any other suggestions? I'm still not sure what LPC exactly does.

EDIT Never mind. I downloaded LPC, and it's great! I wasn't very sure what/how to do all those downloading, but it seems perfect now. Thanks!

EDIT 2I really need help. TonicBars isn't working properly, and when I try to add a bar for Mounts, it simply becomes invisible and nothing is able to add-on to it. I love the idea, but if it doesn't work...
    Last edited by Elementerm; Apr 28 2012 at 10:50 PM.

Ive been having problems with this as well. I tried to add a new bar and move it and now every time I try to load the plugin, it crashes the game. Is there any way to reset this for just 1 character or do I need to redo it for all 6 of my toons?

I use two simple little plugins called wallet and travel.

The first shows you on your main screen how much cash you've got and the second gives you access to all of your travel destinations without them taking up space on your quickbars. Both are very small and discreet and can be placed wherever you want.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2521c0000001f543d/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

I find Tonicbars a bit more complicated to use than I'd like, but there is a similar (and in my opinion, much easier to use) one called Baruk, you may want to try that out. I still use Palantir, but I'm sad that it isn't being updated anymore. I also use BuffBars, Lotropad, Songbook, Travel Reference, Camp Site Fire Reference, Daily Tasks, and just started using one called Cash, which will show you your cash total across all your toons and also how much cash you've made since logging in the toon you are playing in the current session.

For a manager, I use Bootstrap, which I really like. You can find all of these on
    Lotro Interface.
    [CENTER][IMG]http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb412/lcainsa/LOTRO/newcustomsig_zpsa3ba3eae.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]

Alright, then, I'll try Baruk. That being said, does anyone really know what's wrong with TonicBars? The idea is just so well-built, that I really wish that I could put all my lifesaver buttons when my percentage drops to a certain percentage or whatever.

The main problem is that when I make a bar like for mounts, the bar is white instead of green. No extension bar, and all my mounts disappear when I drag them to it.

Re: LOTRO Plugins Thank You!

Thank you Tapdog and the rest of you for taking the time to help out.

I found that lotrointerface.com is a good place to start.
    It's time to take my boys to the next level.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0820700000002a9c4/01003/signature.png]Slyy[/charsig]

I really love plugins and here's a list of the plugins I use:

- Hugebag (changes the 5bags into 1 big bag with a search-/merge-/sort-function)
    - titanbar (places a bar at the top of your screen with the money you have, time, total money on alts, marks and such, vault only able to see what's in it, shared storage same as vault, your reown, durability of items, stats of alt) btw you can choose which ones show
    - alt inventory (see what's in your alts inventory without logging them in)
    - alt tracker (create a list with people and their alts so you can keep track of them)
    - buffbars (shows active buffs and when they dissapear)
    - emo (manage and use emotes without typing them, but just lets you click to use them on a bar)
    - LIP (is a legendary items planner so you can 'spend' your points and see what you get without actually spending the points yet)
    - lotro compendium (has info on all items/quests/deeds so you can look up certain things in-game)
    - lotropad (a small text editor to quickly save or type things you mustn't forget)
    - moormap (an in-game map that doesn't take the entire screen, and lets you add custom waypoints)
    - palantir (shows your morale/power in % and lets you use potions for wounds and poison etc with a shortcut when you need them)
    - tonicbar (create and modify quickslotbars and put them anywere on the screen and let them appear on certain moments)
    - wardenease (makes warden-gambits easier to use and combine)

If any of you know some plugins I should use, let me know

Quote Originally Posted by Jerradir View Post
    I really love plugins and here's a list of the plugins I use:

- Hugebag (changes the 5bags into 1 big bag with a search-/merge-/sort-function)
    - titanbar (places a bar at the top of your screen with the money you have, time, total money on alts, marks and such, vault only able to see what's in it, shared storage same as vault, your reown, durability of items, stats of alt) btw you can choose which ones show
    - alt inventory (see what's in your alts inventory without logging them in)
    - alt tracker (create a list with people and their alts so you can keep track of them)
    - buffbars (shows active buffs and when they dissapear)
    - emo (manage and use emotes without typing them, but just lets you click to use them on a bar)
    - LIP (is a legendary items planner so you can 'spend' your points and see what you get without actually spending the points yet)
    - lotro compendium (has info on all items/quests/deeds so you can look up certain things in-game)
    - lotropad (a small text editor to quickly save or type things you mustn't forget)
    - moormap (an in-game map that doesn't take the entire screen, and lets you add custom waypoints)
    - palantir (shows your morale/power in % and lets you use potions for wounds and poison etc with a shortcut when you need them)
    - tonicbar (create and modify quickslotbars and put them anywere on the screen and let them appear on certain moments)
    - wardenease (makes warden-gambits easier to use and combine)

Awesome information, thanks I've never used plugins before and wanted to expand my horizons.
    Thanks for this awesome list of things to experiment with, thanks to everyone else for their inputs as well, this is a good thread. Good thread to trip over for someone looking to get started with plug-ins

Thumbs up Wow thank you.

Hi all, just wanted to say I found this thread really useful. I don't normally post but appreciate good info like this. I've only just returned to LOTRO after a break for a few years. Thanks all!

Thumbs up Wow :)

Not really experimented with Plugins for Lotro yet, looks pretty good though.

Amazing thread !

Quote Originally Posted by Jerradir View Post

I like the Travel location reference very much:

http://www.lotrointerface.com/downlo...reference.html

It gives you all possible travel destinations for a given start point including travel time, cost, and restrictions, e.g. it tells you, if you need reputation or a minimum level for a certain travel