We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Abandoning a House

I have a standard house and I'm thinking of abandoning it so I can get a deluxe house but I want to be clear on what happens to my stuff. So, I have some questions.

1. Am I correct that when I abandon, all housing contents (chest contents, decorations, paint, floor) that are not bound to a character goes into the housing escrow and that bound items return to the owner?
    2. Is the housing escrow account level or character?
    3. What happens to any housing upkeep I have paid in advance?

Thanks in advance for taking the time to answer.

Re: Abandoning a House

From what I recall from when I did the same thing you're thinking of:

1. All item in the house and house storage went into the Escrow. Those that were bound to a specific character were put into escrow for that character.
    2. I received all the pre-paid upkeep back (in the mail, I think)

It's been awhile and my memory may be a bit faulty, but I didn't lose anything that was in the house or the housing storage.

If you are actually able to get a deluxe house, I tell you this:

CURSE YOU AND YOUR SERVER'S OPEN REAL ESTATE MARKET!!!! CUUUUURSSSE YOOOUUUUU!!!!!!!!!

:P

Quote Originally Posted by Vezon View Post
    If you are actually able to get a deluxe house, I tell you this:

CURSE YOU AND YOUR SERVER'S OPEN REAL ESTATE MARKET!!!! CUUUUURSSSE YOOOUUUUU!!!!!!!!!

:P
    LOL. Last time I checked (fairly recently), there were some practically empty neighbourhoods where I had multiple choices of deluxe house.

Just a follow-up in case others need this info.

Rebwin was correct. Specifically, when abandoned, everything goes into escrow and any maintenance is mailed to the (former) house owner. All unbound items and chest contents go into the escrow for the the character who abandoned the house. Bound items go into the escrow of the character they are bound to.

This was a bit of a pain to move everything into the new house since I needed to do some switching (and didn't have enough bag space to carry everything). It would be neat if you could, at least, send your chest contents from escrow back to your new chest(s).

So I have a nice new deluxe house (sorry Vezon, I had multiple neighbourhoods with multiple deluxe houses to choose from on my server ) that looks empty compared to my full standard. I need some more furniture.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that items can only be left in escrow for 13 days.
    Last edited by Alcor; Apr 26 2012 at 07:31 PM. Reason: Add information