I'm a lvl 60 burglar, back from several year layoff (stopped around lvl 51 previously.)
Currently running 5 in QK with the capstone (will try Gambler once i finish the book quests to get the capstone).
I've read and experimented mixing fast attacks with the slower ones to try and make combat flow better. I assume this also gives dps increase, but mostly I hate the clunky feel when things don't happen when I push buttons. Drives me nuts as few other games are like this. (granted they often have global cool downs but those seem to be less annoying).
I'll open with Aim, SS from stealth. Crit chain opens up.
Will then go subtle stab, BA, DES, Trick, Flashing blades.
That seems to be a decent way to get things to happen quickly.
But I can't seem to make Flashing Blades speed up much , even if I follow with a fast skill.
There are also times where it seems I almost lock up and don't do anything for awhile. I'm guessing it is when I use to slow skills back to back? But it seems I mostly just stand there for a couple seconds.
1) Is there anything obvious I'm missing with this?
2) Lucky Strike also seems pretty slow, can that be speed up at all using a fast attack?
3) is it a dps gain to use a trick to speed up a slow attack at all times?
4) Which are the really slow attacks that I should always try to follow with a fast attack.
5) Does using addle speed up attacks, (it does seem to go off immediately but I can't tell if it forced the other attack to fire or goes off independently. And if so is it a dps gain to use after the really slow ones?
6) Any general tips folks could give for helpw me with the mixing of slow and fast skills?
I'm really enjoying Lotro but I have to say compared to every other MMO I have played it seems quite clunky and unresponsive.
Thanks for any tips you may have for me.