We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Re: And the winner is.. Opening Envelopes for The Lost Invivations Quest

I've only done the quest maybe 3 or 4 days on three characters and the first time on my LM, I got the Dusk-watch and Lossoth horses.

Quote Originally Posted by Fortinobrand View Post
    Don't bother with the exploit, it's all about THE HORSESHOE </end factitious post and escape through convenient worm hole...worm slayer deed here I come!>
    It's not about the exploit or horseshoe for me, none of my toons have that.

For the most part I pick up envelopes from the crafting hall to the south gate. My most successes have been around the south gate end.

for me the kick in the pants is that i've gotten the dusk-watch steed twice, on the same character, my main, the only one i ever do festival stuff with if there's a possibility of getting amount. now of course the trouble with that being... i really wants the Lossoth Steed, precious!

too bad i already destroyed the second dusk-watch steed. i prolly should have held on to it just in case, cross my fingers and knock and wood, turbine would ever be generous enoughto allow us to barter the duplicate steed for the other one... but alas! in my fit of despair, i dragged that blue background right out of bag 1 and clicked [yes]

reminds me of the time i wasted 74 seals on burglar draigoch boots for my champ right before destroying them...

the best part of course, is that you can spend another 100 TP on another postman's badge... imagine paying 2500 TP for badges after acquiring the first mount, and never getting the other one. wouldn't you kick yourself for that? i mean, store mounts are 1995 TP regular price... that would be just as bad as the U5.0 lootboxes...

don't know why i thought of that above scenerio... maybe it was because that dang turbine store prompt pops up every time i complete the quest to acquire the postman's badge?
    Forgotten_Legend, The Baconnaire
    Malinon - 75 Champion | JAZRAIEL - 100 HUNTER | Taeran - 75 RuneKeeper

Quote Originally Posted by Adder View Post
    How in H is everyone getting so many mounts?!? I've run that quest probably 75 to 100 times now and STILL have not found a mount and only 1 emote.
    I've run it 312 times - all strictly legit: my quotidien six invitations per day on 30 characters distributed on nine servers. On my main server and primary backup I've done it 12 or 11 times for each character; less for the others.
    Tuco of the Quick Post

Quote Originally Posted by Celestrata View Post
    Player Code of Conduct: 17. You will not exploit, distribute or publicly communicate any game error, miscue or bug which gives an unintended advantage within The Lord of the Rings Online game world.
    Well you can buy the ability to open as many envelopes (via badges) in the store. And since everything in the store is convenience and not advantage, this does not violate the rules it would seem.
    [color=cyan]Ryswald[/color] - 75 Burglar - Revelations - Rank 9 (pre-book 12 rank 6)
    [color=orange]Ragluk[/color] - 75 Stalker - Rank 6
    [color=grey]65 Hunter R5, 61 Loremaster, 48 Champion, 33 WRD, 33 RK, Rank 4 Weaver, Rank 6 Reaver[/color]
    [i]Firefoot Server[/i]

Quote Originally Posted by Swiftstrike View Post
    Well you can buy the ability to open as many envelopes (via badges) in the store. And since everything in the store is convenience and not advantage, this does not violate the rules it would seem.
    Tell me what server you're on, and I'll come report you and we'll see what the GM says.

No?

Then stop being a rules lawyer.

Besides, "convenience not advantage" died ages ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Sardonyx View Post
    Tell me what server you're on, and I'll come report you and we'll see what the GM says.

No?

Then stop being a rules lawyer.
    Considering I've done the quest a total of 4 times, all legit, I think the GM would say that your are abusing the report feature. And my server is clearly in my signature.
    [color=cyan]Ryswald[/color] - 75 Burglar - Revelations - Rank 9 (pre-book 12 rank 6)
    [color=orange]Ragluk[/color] - 75 Stalker - Rank 6
    [color=grey]65 Hunter R5, 61 Loremaster, 48 Champion, 33 WRD, 33 RK, Rank 4 Weaver, Rank 6 Reaver[/color]
    [i]Firefoot Server[/i]

Considering I've done the quest a total of 4 times, all legit, I think the GM would say that your are abusing the report feature. And my server is clearly in my signature.
    It's more likely that the GMs would ban you for appealing someone than ban someone exploiting, I'll give you that. People are blatantly exploiting this quest, and apparently the GMs are fine with that.

haha +rep man, +rep

You seem to believe the exploit isn't an exploit, I'm just challenging you to prove it. Anytime you want to try, I'll be happy to come over to Firefoot and report you.

Meanwhile, you might want to consider whether encouraging other people to exploit by posting bogus justifications is really something you want to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Treize6 View Post
    It's more likely that the GMs would ban you for appealing someone than ban someone exploiting, I'll give you that. People are blatantly exploiting this quest, and apparently the GMs are fine with that.
    Since we're not allowed to discuss GM actions, it's impossible to discuss evidence for or against this assertion.

I will say, however, that I disagree with you.

Since we're not allowed to discuss GM actions, it's impossible to discuss evidence for or against this assertion.

I will say, however, that I disagree with you.
    Then you've worked with better GMs than I have. I'm still seeing people that were exploiting days ago that were reported doing the same thing today. Either they just so happen to innocently stand there for days on end, or absolutely nothing is being done.

Quote Originally Posted by Treize6 View Post
    Then you've worked with better GMs than I have. I'm still seeing people that were exploiting days ago that were reported doing the same thing today. Either they just so happen to innocently stand there for days on end, or absolutely nothing is being done.
    Isn't that harassing? reporting people multiple times for what you can never be sure is exploaiting
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c21400000002316d/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

You seem to believe the exploit isn't an exploit, I'm just challenging you to prove it. Anytime you want to try, I'll be happy to come over to Firefoot and report you.

Meanwhile, you might want to consider whether encouraging other people to exploit by posting bogus justifications is really something you want to do.
    You are taking a joke way too seriously. The whole convenience/advantage thing about the store keeps getting mocked in a thousand different ways. This is one of those cases.

I laughed.
    [CENTER][B]Yalras - Burglar[/B]
    [SIZE=1]Eldar to Evernight[/CENTER][/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Celestrata View Post
    If you find an issue in the game, please submit a bug report on it and it will go to the right people. Just because you may not hear back from us on a particular issue does not mean that we have ignored it or haven't read it.
    So, if I report an 'exploit' and never hear a word, even an acknowledgement, I take it then I'm free to use that 'exploit' because Turbine haven't told me not to, and that I won't subsequently get sanctioned without notice?

AMIRITE?

Then stop being a rules lawyer..
    Since that's precisely what Sapience enjoys doing then using that to counter-argue is perfectly fine.

I'm sure its just that random generator being silly... my experiences:

Did the quest each day on two of my characters. Both of them found the emote twice but no horses. Since two days ago horses started dropping like crazy for one of these characters. In my Wednesday run I got the lossoth horse, on Thursday that same character received another Lossoth horse. Today in one run I got the Dusk-Watch horse and a 3rd lossoth horse!

The other character still has no horses though...

I've done it four times in a row now, with nothing except invitations dropping. No unwanted messages, no miunts, no anni tokens, no emotes.
    It feels so great getting nothing while other players are using exploits getting everything.

Edit: Of course I yelled too soon. After a fifth time, and no horse I did the quest on my LM and got the dusk horse. Yay.
    Last edited by Kleinwulf; Apr 27 2012 at 05:13 AM.

got the lossoth steed and the toast emote on my main ive only been doing the 6 per day and its taken 4-5 days

very happy as Im sick of the isengard red horse ive been using for 6 months
    Last edited by SoAndSo; Apr 27 2012 at 04:47 AM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c0100002e1bb7/signature.png]Cokaine[/charsig]

I havent won anything after doing it 5 times ! crycry

Quote Originally Posted by whh82 View Post
    I'm sure its just that random generator being silly... my experiences:

Did the quest each day on two of my characters. Both of them found the emote twice but no horses. Since two days ago horses started dropping like crazy for one of these characters. In my Wednesday run I got the lossoth horse, on Thursday that same character received another Lossoth horse. Today in one run I got the Dusk-Watch horse and a 3rd lossoth horse!

The other character still has no horses though...
    Yeah, I have 6 characters who do it, today I got 4 -- though 3 of those were already known so they're just sitting in my bags. I really hope they unbind them!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a000000219b89/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    Also: [url=http://my.lotro.com/home/character/landroval/Morthorn]Morthorn[/url] (Loremaster), [url=http://my.lotro.com/home/character/landroval/andarthir/]Andarthir[/url] (Rune-Keeper)

I've been running this daily on my 4 characters since the festival started...two toast emotes, numerous anniversary tokens and finally today - a Lossoth steed! On my toon who always wins mounts...now she has the perlino, the cave claw and a lossoth.

Hoping to win another one on one of my other characters!

Only bought one badge at the store - netted me an extra token...decided it is not worth it. Will stick to my daily run and hope for the best!

Quote Originally Posted by Amicu View Post
    Isn't that harassing? reporting people multiple times for what you can never be sure is exploaiting
    By that measure, I guess the cheating/exploit option is completely useless right? Since you can't actually login administratively and view the items someone has received? When I see 10 people gathered in 2 specific areas for hours, doing precisely what was explained to me in-game which allows them to exploit?

So yeah, when you know what the exploit is, it's painfully obvious what's going on. Should be even more obvious to the GMs, had they ever been bothered to do anything about it, on my server at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiely View Post
    I was on yesterday for a long time and saw the exploit. At first I wasn't sure if that was it, but then I realized it was and I bug reported it twice. Whenever I would stop to watch the people and take screenshots they realized they were being watched and left the spot. It is blatant and seems to be done by a lot of people. I saw at least 6 people from different kinships doing it when I was in Bree doing the envelope quest with my characters. I did spend more TP, I think I'm a gambling addict, so I was there at different times of the day, morning, afternoon and evening into the late hours, whenever I was there there was one or more people doing the exploit. It is sad that these people are not being punished.
    Well, now I know why some people think that Turbine isn't acting on this. A bug report isn't going to do anything! That goes to the Turbine QA team, not the GMs.

Well, now I know why some people think that Turbine isn't acting on this. A bug report isn't going to do anything! That goes to the Turbine QA team, not the GMs.
    The bug report does *something* - it helps them fix it for the next time it comes up. I may actually file another, just to make sure they know a couple of the things that people can do to make their cheating less obvious to the non-GM observer.

To report somebody whom you suspect of cheating, use the HELP button from System, select New Ticket, select Cheating and Exploiting for the category, and enter the name of the suspected offender at the bottom. Describe the behavior you're seeing and why you think they're cheating.

Don't worry about not having definite proof that they're cheating: the GMs will be able to check the logs. If they can't tell for sure they won't punish. It's up to them what action they take on it, and you don't get feedback.
    Tuco of the Quick Post

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast